Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
I'm pretty sure he's resistant to lightning. Bleed works alright on him, especially if you're trying to do it without all the things that weaken him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Oh the two pursuers don't even show up on new game. That's kind of boring. What's the Pursuers' deal anyway?

e: How are there this few people doing pvp on a saturday night? :smith:

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 01:29 on May 4, 2014

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.

Burns posted:

Looks like i was getting shield broken. This game. With respect to the faraam set. It seems sort of weak considering its location. The drangleig set and headless dudes sets appear earlier and seem to be far superior i stats.

Yes, but are they as fashionable?

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

Kimmalah posted:

I wasn't either, but they were usually right on me and definitely would not have given me enough time to summon anything.

This is from yesterday, but I just wanted to make sure I wasn't wrong.

No aggro.

EvilCornbread
Jun 2, 2011

Internet Kraken posted:

That part of the game requires a different approach but that doesn't make it bad or unfair. Bad is Tseldora since half the mages are positioned so that you can't easily reach them and they literally never stop flooding your screen with projectiles that, while easy to dodge, are so numerous that you'll just be worn down over time. This still isn't as bad as loving Blighttown where the rear end in a top hat snipers are accurate, far away, blend in with the environment, and afflict you with a deadly status ailment you probably won't be equipped to handle your first time through.
FWIW, this is basically my experience with Shrine of Amana, which is why I didn't like it. Lots of overlapping casters, some of which you can barely see they're so far away, chaincasting tracking projectiles that hit me for 1/3 of my health if I fail a dodge (or don't see one coming).

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Blue sentinel summon 1: host died as I was loading.
Blue sentinel summon 2: lost connection.
Blue sentinel summon 3: invader was a hacker that took zero damage.

#1 covenant

edit: I just got re-summoned to the same fight against the hacker. Time to take the ring off. Why is this game so hack friendly, what the gently caress.

TheNightReaver
Sep 7, 2011

Go fart with the angels.

Manatee Cannon posted:

Nope. There's several new things you can get in ng+ with boss souls.

Ah ok. I only ate 4 (Ornstein, Dragonrider, Pursuer and Gigant) but apparently those are useless anyway. I'll try to keep my souls eating disorder at bay for the rest.

NG+ is merciless. The red phantoms in Heide...omg such a pain. Thankfully they don't respawn.
One thing I noticed is that I am being forced to wear heavy armor (and invest in the stats to wear it) as a single scratch from those phantoms would pretty much one shot me in caster clothing.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Elysiume posted:

#1 covenant

edit: I just got re-summoned to the same fight against the hacker. Time to take the ring off. Why is this game so hack friendly, what the gently caress.

It's such a cool Covenant in theory but every aspect of its implementation is garbage :(

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Elysiume posted:

#1 covenant

If you want some PvP as a blue sentinel at the moment, hang out in Heide's. There seems to be a lot of red phantoms invading there for some reason. Maybe to kill Sentinels farming for cracked orbs?

I don't think you get covenant progression by killing invaders in your own world, though. Which is a shame.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

There are no better charms for hexes than caitha's right? I just pumped it to dark +10. My magic archdrake staff is starting to look poor in comparison, but I'm holding out for a better one than sunset for sorceries.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Broken Cog posted:

If you want some PvP as a blue sentinel at the moment, hang out in Heide's. There seems to be a lot of red phantoms invading there for some reason. Maybe to kill Sentinels farming for cracked orbs?

I don't think you get covenant progression by killing invaders in your own world, though. Which is a shame.
I'm trying to get summoned as well, and I think I'm way too high to get summoned in Heide's, though.

How does Blue Sentinel assisting work, with regard to SL/SM?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Do force/emit force/shockwave aggro npcs?

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Just finished the game and still got no idea what the story was about or who that end boss was or anything really.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The LGK is a pushover holy poo poo. He hurt me a little once.

If I'm soul memory 1.8 mil how likely is it I'll be summoned to that fight? I'd base it on bell invasion likelihood but that's been stagnant for a while except a bit here and there, like this afternoon.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 02:02 on May 4, 2014

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Elysiume posted:

I'm trying to get summoned as well, and I think I'm way too high to get summoned in Heide's, though.

How does Blue Sentinel assisting work, with regard to SL/SM?

Well I know the Blue Sentinel ring doesn't actually care what area you are in relative to where you're summoned. Other than that ya got me.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

dis astranagant posted:

Do force/emit force/shockwave aggro npcs?
Emit Force deals damage, so yes to that. The other two don't, so no to those.

Umberger
Jan 24, 2010

TheNightReaver posted:

Ah ok. I only ate 4 (Ornstein, Dragonrider, Pursuer and Gigant) but apparently those are useless anyway. I'll try to keep my souls eating disorder at bay for the rest.

You don't get "new uses" for souls in NG+, but new souls drop from four bosses. So yeah you didn't miss anything if none of the NG options appealed to you.

RBA Starblade posted:

There are no better charms for hexes than caitha's right? I just pumped it to dark +10. My magic archdrake staff is starting to look poor in comparison, but I'm holding out for a better one than sunset for sorceries.

Dark Chime of Want requires more stats and casts a bit slower but has a higher damage bonus to Dark. It also requires the soul of the final boss.

Dark Sunset Staff is the best hex staff, Magic Staff of Wisdom is the best for sorceries, but you won't be able to get it until the Dragon Shrine.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Captain Oblivious posted:

Well I know the Blue Sentinel ring doesn't actually care what area you are in relative to where you're summoned. Other than that ya got me.
Are you sure? Every time I've been summoned (all five or so) it's been to the same area I'm in.

edit: :toot:

Elysiume fucked around with this message at 02:11 on May 4, 2014

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Which is the infusion you want for your weapons, Magic or Enchanted? I know one of those is no good.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Elysiume posted:

Are you sure? Every time I've been summoned (all five or so) it's been to the same area I'm in.

I think you're more likely to get summoned into the area you're in, but you should be able to be summoned anywhere. I've used blue orbs in Heide and ended up in Drangleic Castle.
Also, I've had invaders in Heide well into the 2mil SM range. As mentioned, it's the best area to farm cracked blue eye orbs in, so some red phantoms probably try to take advantage of that.

Edit: I want to do some more Sentinel patrolling, but Being a Bellbro is too much fun, and you actually get fights regularly there...

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Which is the infusion you want for your weapons, Magic or Enchanted? I know one of those is no good.

They do different things. Magic adds magic damage that scales off Int but reduces the physical damage scaling. Enchanted makes physical damage scale off Int at the cost of reduced scaling off Str/Dex.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
So for anybody running Dragon Remnants covenant, I want that dragon armor. Is it even worth it to join up and throw down an eye and try to get summoned to get scales? Or should I just summon and kill dragonbros myself until I have enough scales and then join to get the head/torso stones? I'm just curious how often you actually get summoned to duel.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

gently caress NG+ Freja. And her little spiders too.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

You want Magic (Faintstone). Enchanted is a terrible upgrade path right now.

Sydin posted:

So for anybody running Dragon Remnants covenant, I want that dragon armor. Is it even worth it to join up and throw down an eye and try to get summoned to get scales? Or should I just summon and kill dragonbros myself until I have enough scales and then join to get the head/torso stones? I'm just curious how often you actually get summoned to duel.
Either way works well enough. Just go to the Iron Keep entrance bridge. That's a hotspot for summon signs of all sorts.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Sydin posted:

There's Dragon signs absolutely everywhere in Iron Keep and Heide, knock yourself out. No downsides to doing it either way.

Small and Blue
Apr 24, 2008

Lemon Curdistan posted:

They do different things. Magic adds magic damage that scales off Int but reduces the physical damage scaling. Enchanted makes physical damage scale off Int at the cost of reduced scaling off Str/Dex.

Also Enchanted is the one that is no good, if you need pure physical damage as a caster I'm pretty sure either Raw or no infusion at all is almost always better.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

No idiots stop summoning me through the red soapstone let me join the boss fight argh.

e: Not happening tonight I guess. I made it to the shrine of anime so I guess I'll call it a night.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 02:20 on May 4, 2014

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

This casting speed nonsense is really ruining fashion souls for my hexer.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Welp, Havel's douchebag ghost just does not want me to get my goddamn dragon chime.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

FirstPersonShitter posted:

This casting speed nonsense is really ruining fashion souls for my hexer.

It's barely even noticeable. Take off that lion mage poo poo and hexers hood :colbert:

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Elysiume posted:

edit: :toot:

Positive. The single time I was summoned to SERVE AND PROTECT was in the Lost Bastille. I myself was at the Dragon Shrine.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
Hexers hood is so good though. I mean I can take or leave 1 faith/ 1 INT but its also the difference between 2 soul geysers or 3

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

dis astranagant posted:

Welp, Havel's douchebag ghost just does not want me to get my goddamn dragon chime.

Snipe him with lightning, he didn't even get close to me when I did that abyss. The Black Gulch one is the real bastard. Keep in mind that if you die to the Darklurker you have to do whichever abyss you enter all over again, so go to the Shaded Woods if you don't want to tear your hair out.

TurboPriest
Aug 30, 2012

Captain Oblivious posted:

Positive. The single time I was summoned to SERVE AND PROTECT was in the Lost Bastille. I myself was at the Dragon Shrine.

I think there is just a higher chance of being summon on the same area where you are but i just sit at the second bonfire Earthen Peak waiting for the ring to kick in.
And that is also you must know, the ring still works while you use the bonfire, that way you just wait to get summon without being invaded, and to know if you are in a good area your covenant symbol will flash indicating you can get summoned from there.
Also talking about blue sentinels what is the best soul level to rock with them ?

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Is there a plot summary or video or something I can look at? I have no idea what I just played.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

TurboPriest posted:

I think there is just a higher chance of being summon on the same area where you are but i just sit at the second bonfire Earthen Peak waiting for the ring to kick in.
And that is also you must know, the ring still works while you use the bonfire, that way you just wait to get summon without being invaded, and to know if you are in a good area your covenant symbol will flash indicating you can get summoned from there.
Also talking about blue sentinels what is the best soul level to rock with them ?

Soul level doesn't matter for anything anymore, it's soul memory. Keep it as low as possible for as long as you can, things became dead in the water for me around 1 million. I hope it picks back up at 2 million.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

I'm at a soul level of 4 million and getting no summons whatsoever. Soul memory system is dumb as gently caress. "Want to be a completionist? Sure! You'll be exiled from pvp"

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Azzents posted:

Man, I hate to be one of those "pubs just can't Smelter Demon" guys, but god drat how can people not get like one of the most basic bosses in the game?

People getting reliant on block and not used taking sustained damage I guess?

Its easily one of the rougher bosses due to the amount of incidental damage that can chip at you overtime.

But anyways I decided to start a new guy and roll with spears this round. And what the hell is wrong with spear durability? Do thrusting attacks just lose durability quicker when hitting armored dudes? I know they may take an extra attack or two to clean up a kill. But man this winged spear falls apart drat fast compared to my shortsword / cestus.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Bobnumerotres posted:

I'm at a soul level of 4 million and getting no summons whatsoever. Soul memory system is dumb as gently caress. "Want to be a completionist? Sure! You'll be exiled from pvp"

Yeah it seems like they should have added some sort of Ring of Soul Blocking or some such that you could equip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

So I finally burned the gently caress out after the final great soul was just chilling on the floor behind a generic spider boss
I sort of got bored and went and infinite healthed the gargoyles, and gave myself 99 lockstones to see the cool poo poo they did. Now when I was just finishing the last Bastille I was unimpressed, but some goon said "After the Bastille is when it all kicks off!"
Poison World/Fire world pissed me off and I blinked and missed The Gutter.
So does it really super ultra kick off when you have got all the souls? Or are the best parts behind me?