Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

I sometimes feel like Imaqtpie is the only person in the entire LoL scene having any fun at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Skippy McPants posted:

I sometimes feel like Imaqtpie is the only person in the entire LoL scene having any fun at all.

Maybe. Seeing that video of Oddone telling the stream about his retirement and him choking up...that was just really, really sad...

uaciaut
Mar 20, 2008
:splurp:
These changes are literally the best thing that happened in NA for a LONG time and there are already people whining and crying about region-locking since they don't get to see players of ONLY one nationality in their region anymore.

I really hope Riot's not dumb once again and caters for the demands of these people.

spacebrospiff
May 2, 2013

^^^^^^^^^
It's especially dumb consider the US is ostensibly "the melting pot".

Yeah, his stream is what got me into competitive LoL. He's a weird, cool dude who seemed like he has a good head on his shoulders.

Oddone talking to his stream about leaving.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRLxkZF0xKE

spacebrospiff fucked around with this message at 04:11 on May 4, 2014

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

As an aside, why does chat spam TSMogn constantly during OGN streams (besides just being dumb)?

spacebrospiff
May 2, 2013

Bjerg was doing it yesterday. Think it has something to do with montecristo. Every time his team did something he talked about doing an OGN/CLG rotation.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Invalid Validation posted:

As an aside, why does chat spam TSMogn constantly during OGN streams (besides just being dumb)?

It's a twitch command for a montecristo face i think

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013

Savage Cracker posted:

It's a twitch command for a montecristo face i think

It's ognTSM and it's one of OGN's subscriber emotes.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Good lord MegaZero's voice is so damned annoying

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

uaciaut posted:

These changes are literally the best thing that happened in NA for a LONG time and there are already people whining and crying about region-locking since they don't get to see players of ONLY one nationality in their region anymore.

I really hope Riot's not dumb once again and caters for the demands of these people.

Yeah they'll just tell LMQ to go home because they don't speak American and also banish Snoopeh and Krepo and Yellowpete also for not being from the North American land. Could you please not cater to whiners, Riot?

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

uaciaut posted:

Purge all Canadians from NALCS. Keep America American.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

I hope they purge ZionSpartan because he looks awfully unamerican

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013
Do we get to keep Dyrus? He's from Hawaii but that's not continental US... :ohdear:

Violently Car
Dec 2, 2007

You are now entering completely darkness

Previous Jesus posted:

Do we get to keep Dyrus? He's from Hawaii but that's not continental US... :ohdear:

TSM actually has no one from the continental USA on their team now. WildTurtle is Canadian (as is TheOddOne, for the record), Bjergsen and Amazing are European, and Dyrus is Hawaiian. Xpecial's from California, but he's not on the roster right now...

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
C9 is actually the only all-american LCS team.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

K8.0 posted:

C9 is actually the only all-american LCS team.

Please, Sneaky is from Florida for crying out loud.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
His name even used to be SneakyCastro, a Cuban if I ever saw one.

BrainToad
Dec 31, 2008

Servaetes posted:

Yeah they'll just tell LMQ to go home because they don't speak American and also banish Snoopeh and Krepo and Yellowpete also for not being from the North American land. Could you please not cater to whiners, Riot?

Also Crumbzz and Quas because they are from South America, which isn't North America.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

AHH FUGH posted:

Good lord MegaZero's voice is so damned annoying

Bring back TreeEskimo.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

http://www.twitch.tv/ongamenet

Masters Samsung vs CJ Entus on now. DanDy is...top lane?

mushi
Oct 13, 2003
I am addicted to video games.
Is this champions or masters? I never loving know but it seems like champions is the only one people give a poo poo about. edit: looking at the bottom left and the cut-scene transitions, I guess it's masters. I thought Chobra was the caster for masters, which confused me.

edit2: ahh, thanks. I didn't actually know they were on specific days since it seems like it's on either super late and sometimes it's on live when I wake up on the west coast. Word, that will help in terms of when to keep an eye out for the games.

mushi fucked around with this message at 06:28 on May 4, 2014

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

mushi posted:

Is this champions or masters? I never loving know but it seems like champions is the only one people give a poo poo about.

Champions is the Hot6ix Tournament on Wednesdays and Fridays. Masters is the one on Thursdays and Sundays.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Tuning in. Did they explain the Dandy swap and who is Skatch?

King of the Cosmos
Jun 6, 2004

Maybe We'll invent a Cosmic Esperanto.

Libertine posted:

Tuning in. Did they explain the Dandy swap and who is Skatch?

Skatch is the sub. He was going to be the backup AD Carry but then they did a weird three-way switch and put Skatch on Jungle, Dandy on top and imp back on on AD Carry. This is his professional debut. He's always been there but never in a real professional match.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Ozone is playing like five of the most fun champions in the game to watch. Love their comp. Dandy is legit.

rafington
Aug 21, 2008
Rumble pick didn't actually seem too impressive but they did a good job of not letting Shy 1v1 Dandy or Nidalee do her usual thing. Frost botlane didn't look good at all in that game.

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

You made a fine post for yourself. ...For a casualry, I suppose.
The engaging power of Rumble, Eve, Thresh and Jayce was beautiful to watch. Get smashed forever Nidalee and everyone who plays Nidalee.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

This team comp is nuts. Lulu top, Support Leblanc?

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Madcrank :getin:

edit: Akali and jungle twitch

Savage Cracker fucked around with this message at 08:27 on May 4, 2014

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

:frogsiren: MADCRANK! :frogsiren:

uaciaut
Mar 20, 2008
Welp just went and read Alex' statement on why he left in detail (only skimmed through it before) and then i went ahead and read Darker's statement on how things were when he played for Gambit - https://www.facebook.com/Darkerlol/posts/272913369556756 for those who haven't seen it - and i can't say i'm surprised that poo poo just fell apart given what happened and what the atmosphere is like.

As much as i liked Gambit and as much as i wanted them to be good again it won't happen and honestly i hope they get poo poo on and relegated this season and that the players within Gambit that keep a good attitude find good teams, current roster certainly doesn't deserve the recognition it got from past results.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
More free than a tray of supermarket samples

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?

Libertine posted:

Ozone is playing like five of the most fun champions in the game to watch. Love their comp. Dandy is legit.

I hope they find a way to put Dandy back in the jungle in the long run though. It's still easier to find a good top in Korea, or anywhere, than it is to find a jungler with mechanics as good as Dandy's. In the long run the insec swap was bad too.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
Deft's Jungle Twitch is a thing of beauty. The deadliest alpaca.

Game 3 of the Samsung vs CJ set was great and if you watch any of the games that one is worth it! Game 1 and 2 were good too.

e: Apparently Looper was off due to an ear infection

PlaceholderPigeon fucked around with this message at 11:48 on May 4, 2014

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

Yasser Arafatwa posted:

Bring back TreeEskimo.

Does that guy even play anymore? I used to watch his streams religiously back in 2011.

uaciaut
Mar 20, 2008
Xpecial possibly transferred to Curse: http://www.esportsheaven.com/news/view/64356

Damiya
Jul 3, 2012

uaciaut posted:

Xpecial possibly transferred to Curse: http://www.esportsheaven.com/news/view/64356

poor bunnyfufu

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Curse would be intelligent to jump on Xpecial but Xpecial would be dumb to go from a top 3 team to immediately drop down to a bottom 3 team. Xpecial is one of the best supports in the LCS of any LCS region and Curse is a huge step down for him. TSM is not going to easily replace him.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

https://twitter.com/MatthewGunnin/status/462972750630756352

quote:

Matthew Gunnin
‏@MatthewGunnin
Since it's public now, Xpecial to @TeamCurseGaming is indeed true.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Violently Car
Dec 2, 2007

You are now entering completely darkness
Season 5 is going to begin with a fantasy draft

• Locked thread