Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heavy Zed
Mar 23, 2013

Is there anything here I can swing from?

life_source posted:

I'm hoping Nautilus gets the fire instruments as her next summon.

And air ballon.

I picture Nautilus trying to replace her shell phone and get more summons and being required to sign a two-year contract or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Pyroi posted:

He needs to access the menu and equip it, the first only activated because it was a tutorial.

Seriously, did this kid even go to magic school?

Nope. Jerkface decided to <strike>save on tuition</strike> send him on a quest to save Dreamside, remember?

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

The Lone Badger posted:

Nope. Jerkface decided to <strike>save on tuition</strike> send him on a quest to save Dreamside, remember?

:thejoke:

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.
http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-502/

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

....uhhhh.

Huh.

So, Piano for best princess?

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Piano, the most :smugdog: princess.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

yeah that’s real funny your highness. i like jokes too *throws your letter in the trash* i’m a walking laugh riot *throws a match on it*

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Aw man, sometimes the author notes compliment the page really well. :allears:

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
Please be polite to your mail carriers.

Also;

quote:

once again: if you have questions for the bonus q&a strips, please send them to cucumberquestions@gigidigi.com!

edit: gee I hope they didn't forget about the door

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
To be honest, it seems a little bit like GG just went 'oh poo poo, I forgot to give her any personality' and went a bit too overboard.

That said, I hope we see more of her, since that face is pure gold.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

umalt posted:

To be honest, it seems a little bit like GG just went 'oh poo poo, I forgot to give her any personality' and went a bit too overboard.

I dunno, it seems like a perfectly logical blend of her parents' personality. She's normally more like Dad but

Well

Yeah. There's the Mom in her.

Heavy Zed
Mar 23, 2013

Is there anything here I can swing from?
The clue is in her name. The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes. The princess has inherited her fathers stoicism and her mother's loud outbursts, making for a mercurial personality.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

umalt posted:

Oh it's not like we haven't seen any sudden emotion swings coming from her.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

quote:

"yeah that’s real funny your highness. i like jokes too *throws your letter in the trash* i’m a walking laugh riot *throws a match on it*

Oh I wish :allears:

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I snagged one of these.

Also goddamn Cucumber Quest is really on a roll lately, it's always been good but basically since Bacon showed up at the play it's been amazing.

Mimir
Nov 26, 2012

Heavy Zed posted:

The clue is in her name. The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes. The princess has inherited her fathers stoicism and her mother's loud outbursts, making for a mercurial personality.

Pianoforte literally means "soft-loud" in Italian! THE PIANO IS THE SOFT PART, AND PIANO IS USUALLY PRETTY QUIET.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Haha, Piano is kind of a jerk.

Or maybe she's just not used to being able to let down her princessly facade. She did seem to relax a lot once she realised Carrot was already involved with royalty.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Mimir posted:

Pianoforte literally means "soft-loud" in Italian! THE PIANO IS THE SOFT PART, AND PIANO IS USUALLY PRETTY QUIET.
So she's normally soft, but it's still short for "soft-loud". AND NOW WE'RE SHOUTING.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
Piano ended up being awesome all along, and we never knew :allears:

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

What a cute family, however :3:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Onean posted:

....uhhhh.

Huh.

So, Piano for best princess?

Every princess in cucumber quest is best princess.

Except for Nautilus who is the BEST best princess.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I missed that "two other good webcomics on the Internet" thing a few pages ago but I just wanted to pop in and say everyone should be reading Brawl in the Family and Gunshow. Both are awesome.

Also Piano is pretty great.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Man Gunshow is really unreliable for quality lately though :(

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Tollymain posted:

Man Gunshow is really unreliable for quality lately though :(

It doesn't help that I don't really care for Graveyard Quest at all and KC often sidelines the comic for a couple months at a time to do it.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Waffleman_ posted:

It doesn't help that I don't really care for Graveyard Quest at all and KC often sidelines the comic for a couple months at a time to do it.

I actually really like graveyard quest...but it is pretty obvious that he originally wrote it intending for it to be the plot of a video game (which he has said himself is the case).

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Wow, rude.

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

At least Cucumber has figured out the dubstep wand.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Man why is Dream Oracle so intent on pushing this along? Is she just worried the other Disaster Masters are going to go off-script as well?

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?

Tollymain posted:

Man why is Dream Oracle so intent on pushing this along? Is she just worried the other Disaster Masters are going to go off-script as well?
She's probably missing her favorite soaps.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Tollymain posted:

Because as one of Gigidigi's Indifferent Authority Figure characters, she can never show any kind of patience or sympathy towards the main characters.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
Dream Oracle's Jerkface stat is going up even as we speak.

goldenoreos
Jan 5, 2012

Take care of my animals while I'm gone
Dream Oracle is rapidly pushing the A button because she's replayed Cucumber Quest for the billionth time and want to get past the dialogue to return to the gameplay.

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
I love how you can tell that GG is excited to tell a story when the shading disappears and the amount of :krad: faces increases, and the inverse happens when the plot winds down.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
GG will be at TCAF this coming weekend, which is cool.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Nautilus is going to get a smart phone!

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
In an alternate universe the Dream Oracle will probably say no and tell Nautilus to pull up her bootstraps and blah blah blah...

However in this universe, the DO knows that would only end with a blue smear spread all across dreamside Nautilus is too adorable and valuable to hamper her ability to summon.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/gigideegee/status/464654250560483328

I can only hope this leads to a competition for the most ridiculous scene :getin:

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Gigi: "You think 'hopeless paper mario nerd' isn't a badge I wear with pride?"

Zack: "How many BP does that one cost?"

:allears: Why did it take me so long to start reading these comics :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."

I'm trying to think of good text for one of these and have nothing. Thoughts?