Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

How has Watch Wrestling not been taken down yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
Wait. Didn't he somehow win the US title around then as well?

Burt Buckle
Sep 1, 2011

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

Wait. Didn't he somehow win the US title around then as well?

Yeah I think that was after the Wrestlemania with Vince.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

He beat Miz but I don't really remember how.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_VpG_BiuOI

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
wasn't that during the point where a single knock to the head could have killed him? Like he's still in that point but wasn't it during that time too?

How the heck was Tyson Kidd allowed to do a jumping drop kick spot that close to him?

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
In a podcast I listen to there was a reference to Steve Austin having heat with Jeff Jerrett and refusing to work with him. Anybody know what that was about?

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Ghostpilot posted:

In a podcast I listen to there was a reference to Steve Austin having heat with Jeff Jerrett and refusing to work with him. Anybody know what that was about?

I remember reading a book called Wrestling Mysteries: Solved that talked about it. The simple answer is it seems that Jarrett just rubbed Steve the wrong way and Steve just doesn't like him. The rumored reason was that Jarrett didn't hit the ropes hard enough.
I do like where my google search was leading me though:

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I remember a story Austin told was he was working for Jeffs dad somewhere and got a check for something like 50 bucks or whatever and was just sitting there looking at it and Jeff walked by and said "its not gonna get any bigger by staring at it!" or something like that just being a jerk and of course getting paid and pushed as a star by dad.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Austin says Jeff is a good hand but wasn't big enough to work a program with him. It's not much of a story.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Dimebags Brain posted:

Shhhhhhhh.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

The two after this are "Jeff Jarrett is overrated" and "What does Jeff Jarrett do now?". Fun stuff.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
All this talk about Bret Hart's final match makes me appreciate Stone Cold taking his retirement seriously and not working a single match, of any kind, since WM19 against The Rock.

Yeah, Punk/Austin would be awesome and all that but in a world where wrestlers just don't know when to quit (Flair...) Austin taking retirement seriously is very admirable. Even if it means having to explain to the younger generation why Austin was so awesome.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
I'm pretty sure Austin couldn't work after that match for a long time, as in, it was something of a miracle he walked after it. Maybe that's an exaggeration but his body was wrecked going into that thing. The notion of another match was probably out of the question for a long time.

Apparently he's been healthy for years, so that part may be admirable, although I imagine it has more to do with nothing striking Austins fancy/wallet more than anything.

Supreme Allah fucked around with this message at 07:16 on May 4, 2014

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Supreme Allah posted:

I'm pretty sure Austin couldn't work after that match for a long time, as in, it was something of a miracle he walked after it. Maybe that's an exaggeration but his body was wrecked going into that thing. Apparently he's been healthy for years though so that part may be admirable, although I would assume it has more to do with nothing striking Austins fancy/wallet more than maintaining kayfabe from 12 years ago.

He was in really bad shape that night. He never officially retired and likes to keep his options open so yeah, it's not that. It seems like it's a combination of health, ego and the price being right. He's said he could do a full time schedule as recently as a few years ago although he obviously never would. Despite that it sounds like he is susceptible to reinjury in his neck and can't take too many risks. He has a high standard for his matches so he doesn't want to come back and do a bad match. He also isn't going to work cheap so he's been in some ways blocked in recent years because WWE was never going to pay for Rock and Austin on the same show and this year there was nothing he was interested in. I think the only thing that gets him out of retirement these days is the Brock match he's said he might be interested in.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

MassRafTer posted:

He was in really bad shape that night. He never officially retired and likes to keep his options open so yeah, it's not that. It seems like it's a combination of health, ego and the price being right. He's said he could do a full time schedule as recently as a few years ago although he obviously never would. Despite that it sounds like he is susceptible to reinjury in his neck and can't take too many risks. He has a high standard for his matches so he doesn't want to come back and do a bad match. He also isn't going to work cheap so he's been in some ways blocked in recent years because WWE was never going to pay for Rock and Austin on the same show and this year there was nothing he was interested in. I think the only thing that gets him out of retirement these days is the Brock match he's said he might be interested in.

I would have the same concerns for him against Brock that I did for Taker against Brock. Which turned out to be accurate, and it was never about Brock being unsafe, but at some point a body gets too old to handle the physical style that makes a good Brock match.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I heard Goldberg wants to come back for WM31 too. Maybe we can redo Wrestlemania 20 except everyone's 11 years older.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Supreme Allah posted:

I would have the same concerns for him against Brock that I did for Taker against Brock. Which turned out to be accurate, and it was never about Brock being unsafe, but at some point a body gets too old to handle the physical style that makes a good Brock match.

I think Brock is super safe and was as "gentle" as he could be with Undertaker to deliver repeated F5s, but I agree I don't think that's a great option for a 50 year old Austin. Fingers crossed for the working man if that ever happens.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

MassRafTer posted:

I think Brock is super safe and was as "gentle" as he could be with Undertaker to deliver repeated F5s, but I agree I don't think that's a great option for a 50 year old Austin. Fingers crossed for the working man if that ever happens.

You absolutely can't blame Brock for the simple fact that bodies get old. He was more than safe and admirably finished that match when Taker was basically out on his feet, I don't want to see that happen again.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Luigi Thirty posted:

I heard Goldberg wants to come back for WM31 too. Maybe we can redo Wrestlemania 20 except everyone's 11 years older.
Goldberg is available if WWE meets his price. He would have worked WM30 if they paid him.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

Dimebags Brain posted:

Because they're not strictly torrents. They're just linking to Dailymotion

Chewy Bitems
Dec 25, 2012

PIIIISSSSSSSS!!!!

Ghostpilot posted:

I've seen it said that Jarrett describing "Austin 3:16" as being blasphemous & saying that Austin was making money off the bible went down badly with Stone Cold.

Also Question:

In the SHIELD theme, has it ever been confirmed who is saying Sierra Hotel India Echo Lima Delta at the start? I read that CM Punk says "Hotel" and it does sound like him but is that true or just somebody's guess?

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Chewy Bitems posted:

I've seen it said that Jarrett describing "Austin 3:16" as being blasphemous & saying that Austin was making money off the bible went down badly with Stone Cold.

Also Question:

In the SHIELD theme, has it ever been confirmed who is saying Sierra Hotel India Echo Lima Delta at the start? I read that CM Punk says "Hotel" and it does sound like him but is that true or just somebody's guess?

It's pretty clearly Ambrose, Rollins, and Reigns.

Sierra - Rollins
Hotel - Ambrose
India - Reigns
Echo - Rollins
Lima - Ambrose
Delta - Reigns

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Stallion Cabana posted:

wasn't that during the point where a single knock to the head could have killed him? Like he's still in that point but wasn't it during that time too?

That's why he worked with Slater during that Nexus 7-on-7. He was the safest guy of the group, and could pinball around convincingly enough to make Bret look okay.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Wasn't it all reported and confirmed that Vickie was leaving WWE post-Wrestlemania? Did that just turn out to be bullshit, or did something happen that changed plans there?

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:

StarkRavingMad posted:

Wasn't it all reported and confirmed that Vickie was leaving WWE post-Wrestlemania? Did that just turn out to be bullshit, or did something happen that changed plans there?

She's hanging around for a little bit longer, kinda like Batista did when his contract was up a few years ago.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Stallion Cabana posted:

How the heck was Tyson Kidd allowed to do a jumping drop kick spot that close to him?

Kidd, as far as I know, only has a rep for maiming himself.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Justin Godscock posted:

All this talk about Bret Hart's final match makes me appreciate Stone Cold taking his retirement seriously and not working a single match, of any kind, since WM19 against The Rock.

Yeah, Punk/Austin would be awesome and all that but in a world where wrestlers just don't know when to quit (Flair...) Austin taking retirement seriously is very admirable. Even if it means having to explain to the younger generation why Austin was so awesome.

Counterpoint, he was prepared to work a match with Jonathan Coachman until whatever idiot who decided that booking Austin's return match against The Coach wasn't dumb enough so booked him to lose.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Sebastian Vettel posted:

Counterpoint, he was prepared to work a match with Jonathan Coachman until whatever idiot who decided that booking Austin's return match against The Coach wasn't dumb enough so booked him to lose.

The cover story for this was apparently "Austin injured himself moving furniture," which no one really believed. After the actual match went down, Austin looked very wise to avoid it.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

StarkRavingMad posted:

They're trying to do a story between her, Kane, and Brad Maddox I think but they've run one angle where he replaces her on Smackdown and then she was back on Smackdown after Brad got killed by the Shield.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Luigi Thirty posted:

They're trying to do a story between her, Kane, and Brad Maddox I think but they've run one angle where he replaces her on Smackdown and then she was back on Smackdown after Brad got killed by the Shield.

They sure did.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Luigi Thirty posted:

Yeah, I usually miss Smackdown so I was just surprised to see her at the contract signing thing. Not that I mind, I like Vickie.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice
I don't have an answer to this, but I've seen a lot of people talking about it:

What makes a good heel in 2014?

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

We don't need your money!
Someone you will pay money to see get beat up

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

JPrime posted:

Whoever's fighting Daniel Bryan.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Heels in 2014 have got to figure out what pisses the crowd off. Right now, it's lovely wrestling and crappy finishes. But will people pay money to see that? No. An effective heel is harder than ever. Especially when it seems that, more often than not, the audience knows the true heel is the company itself.

Or I guess just beat up Daniel Bryan. That seems to work.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

JPrime posted:

A cape. Magnetism.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
Just be foreign and insult whatever city you're at.

Heels that look cool, have visually impressive moves and can talk no longer get booed.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Be managed by Paul Heyman. If you think about it, he is the closest to a modern day Heenan Family we will get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Just be foreign and insult whatever city you're at.

Heels that look cool, have visually impressive moves and can talk no longer get booed.

So the Cactus Jack Headlock routine from ECW is what a heel should do right now to get boos? Constantly hint at being about to do awesome moves, then go back to restholds and poo poo?

(Randy Orton.)