Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Roland Jones posted:

That's what I'm doing. It isn't working.

Also, something annoying; I can arrest plot leaders, but actually doing anything to them is still viewed as tyrannical even though arresting them isn't. Why is this? Literally all I can do without gaining tyranny is release them, which, well, while it does boost the opinion of other vassals, is not what I want to do.

Just toss them in the oubliette when they start bitching, it's what I do. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Roland Jones posted:

Also, something annoying; I can arrest plot leaders, but actually doing anything to them is still viewed as tyrannical even though arresting them isn't. Why is this? Literally all I can do without gaining tyranny is release them, which, well, while it does boost the opinion of other vassals, is not what I want to do.

If you leave them in prison, they can't plot against you or declare war.

Alternatively, can't you ransom them without incurring tyranny?

(still, if you actually want to weaken them you're usually better off failing the imprisonment roll - when they declare war on you you can revoke or execute as you please.)

Zakka
Apr 27, 2010
So I've had a long pause from this game and just returned and tried norse for the first time.

I've been having a blast quickly forming the kindom of Norway and conquering Sweden, but what am I going to do with that giant, grey blob down south? It so big and Christian... I'm at year ~980.

Edit: I'm also trying to reform the faith, but I'm having a hard time. It's only at 30 moral authority and I'm not sure how to raise it.. I'm down looting Rome for the second time now, but it keeps getting lowered by what I suspect is the HRE kicking heathen rear end.

Zakka fucked around with this message at 02:39 on May 4, 2014

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Zakka posted:

I've been having a blast quickly forming the kindom of Norway and conquering Sweden, but what am I going to do with that giant, grey blob down south? It so big and Christian... I'm at year ~980.

Take over the rest of the map, particularly England and Eastern Europe, then come back and hammer the big grey blob.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Roland Jones posted:

It's more useful to throw them in jail until they die anyway since that's a decade or two where they can't do poo poo against you as opposed to killing them and having their son immediately start poo poo.

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!

cock hero flux posted:

It's more useful to throw them in jail until they die anyway since that's a decade or two where they can't do poo poo against you as opposed to killing them and having their son immediately start poo poo.

This is also why the Oubliette exists.

Toss the fuckers in some dank hole and forget they ever existed.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
I've had dudes live long, presumably happy lives in the oubliette. there was one I tossed in there at age 15 who lived to be like 72. survived two of my kings.

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

That's the good thing about being Norse - no long-term prisoners have a lifespan beyond nine years.

Mercurial
Mar 28, 2006

Elixirs are expensive, you know.
I think being in the oubliette only lasts for a short period of time before they're automatically returned to the normal dungeon.

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

Playing a bit as Venice, I kinda want to retract something I said in my sorta-effortpost about the DLCs, namely that playing as a merchant republic is cool and fun. It used to be, but the revolt title system has basically crippled republics in the early game. To snatch up border provinces, the main way that republics expand, you now need to be nearly as militarily powerful as the realm you want to poach from. It's now an extremely long wait as you build trade posts and gradually, gradually build up enough retinues to punch at the weight level of nearby kingdoms. And just pray in the meantime that nobody decides to gently caress with you.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

DStecks posted:

Playing a bit as Venice, I kinda want to retract something I said in my sorta-effortpost about the DLCs, namely that playing as a merchant republic is cool and fun. It used to be, but the revolt title system has basically crippled republics in the early game.

Really? I see realms having 2-4 different (small) revolts at the same time these days...

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

DStecks posted:

Playing a bit as Venice, I kinda want to retract something I said in my sorta-effortpost about the DLCs, namely that playing as a merchant republic is cool and fun. It used to be, but the revolt title system has basically crippled republics in the early game. To snatch up border provinces, the main way that republics expand, you now need to be nearly as militarily powerful as the realm you want to poach from. It's now an extremely long wait as you build trade posts and gradually, gradually build up enough retinues to punch at the weight level of nearby kingdoms. And just pray in the meantime that nobody decides to gently caress with you.

Play a Norse merchant republic, raid everything, get rich earlier. Have a billion sons and 900 trading posts.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Oh wow, the Tengri are doing really well in my Zoroastrian game. Besides reforming the faith as I mentioned before, they've actually formed Tartaria. I need to go check their accomplishments, because other than their failed invasion back when Vandad was still alive it seems they've been doing very well.

The HRE's also doing well, of course, massively overstepping its de jure borders. I won't have to deal with it for a while, since I'm still getting the last pieces of Persia (I am in the process of getting one of the last three duchies that make complete it), but assuming something awful doesn't happen to it I'm going to have quite an opponent when I start going beyond Persia's borders. The Saoshyant is the "savior of the world", after all.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
So how long does it take before I can let the jews back into the republic of Amalfi? Near the beginning I had to expel them in a moment of desperation and I would quite like them back, but even through a couple of different characters I haven't gotten the choice.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Zakka posted:

So I've had a long pause from this game and just returned and tried norse for the first time.

Edit: I'm also trying to reform the faith, but I'm having a hard time. It's only at 30 moral authority and I'm not sure how to raise it.. I'm down looting Rome for the second time now, but it keeps getting lowered by what I suspect is the HRE kicking heathen rear end.

You must hold/have all the holy sites in your realm to raise your moral authority (or else it's gonna tank).

Zeeland and the one in England are usually the tricky ones.

Then it's just a matter of holy warring to raise the authority and hope the AI norse doesn't lose a bunch of their own holy wars.

Edison was a dick
Apr 3, 2010

direct current :roboluv: only

Pimpmust posted:

You must hold/have all the holy sites in your realm to raise your moral authority (or else it's gonna tank).

Zeeland and the one in England are usually the tricky ones.

Then it's just a matter of holy warring to raise the authority and hope the AI norse doesn't lose a bunch of their own holy wars.

• The holy site is in Germany, not England
  • You don't need all 5. You need 3 and 50% moral authority or all 5

On my first Norse playthrough I reformed with only 3, but that was a few generations in, when the majority of the weak Norse nations were already defeated, so there were less sources of the lost holy war penalty.

I'd recommend expanding East into the Pagan with county conquests while continuously sacking Rome. Since

• You need high Military organisation to avoid Pagan attrition penalty after you reform, so doing this before then is better.
  • The county conquest MA bonus is probably the best source, when balancing ease and availability.
  • You become a less tempting target for holy wars from the HRE, since if you get big enough to challenge them, they're not going to holy war you unless the Pope declares a crusade, and Crusades in Scandinavia are rare enough even when Crusades are activated.
  • You get a bunch of cash from raiding, which could be spent on building temples, to improve MA further.
  • The looting infidel temples MA bonus can build up.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Hey guys I've started a new game. Of course with more experience under my belt, things are going pretty well as Matilda di Canossa, I'm gobbling up my OPM neighbours and building the powerbase to shoot for independence, but then I got the message that my second son is suspected of being the Devil and I am suspected of being a witch; I had two choices, either deny , or consult the Archbishop, I panicked and denied everything... it's been 5 years now and I got no further messages, only a good-statted female courtier as nanny (but is she a witch or not? :tinfoil: )

I don't want my child to become the spawn of the Devil, kill his siblings and crush everyone beneath his iron fist.. maybe I should've heard what the Archbishop said? Is there any chance that it's just a fluke or I'm hosed? How do you AVOID being the devil? (I know it's supposed to be fun and make you uberpowerful, but ~my roleplaying~ ! )

Also what's the general consensus on VIET events + traits ? I installed it to try it out, getting more traits and more varied events is the only thing I miss in vanilla, but I'm not sure about how that impacts the game balance , having only played a couple dozen years.

TorakFade fucked around with this message at 10:05 on May 4, 2014

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Oh boy, got my first jihad declared on me. Doubt it'll come to anything, as my retinues, levies, and the Immortals are well over 30k, maybe even 35k around 40k large all together, but it's still an interesting happening. Sunni religion's still hovering around 70 moral authority despite the beatings I've been giving the Caliph and my other neighbors, as well. They're still doing surprisingly well for themselves, despite things. (Do assassinations of the religion leader end their jihad/crusade/whatever? I've had a plot to kill him going for a while, so I could take more of his land without waiting out his truce, but I'm curious how it'll interact with this.)

Shia, though, doesn't even have any provinces following it; the "Rise of the Shia" dude got converted to Sunni ages ago and has slowly been having his stuff taken from him. More people follow the heresy Hurufi than there are actual Shia followers. Kind of disappointed that one dude didn't do better; was hoping to ally with him, pincer our Sunni enemies between our armies, and lay waste to the Caliph and his allies. Guess I'm going to have to steamroll them all myself instead.

Edit: VVV It can be 450 if you're assassinating an emperor. That's how much it'd be for me to try to assassinate the Caliph, for example. Same for the ruler of Tartaria, while the pope only costs 350, so it's an emperor thing rather than a religious head one.

Tangent, man. The HRE and Byzantine Empire get those fancy borders for their icon, and Tartaria has a really neat frame with horses and stuff as well, but the frame I'm getting for Persia is just a bigger version of the one I get as a normal shah. It's disappointing; they could at least had something other than exactly what you had before.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 10:44 on May 4, 2014

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Bold Robot posted:

Thanks for the responses all. Couple follow up questions on this claim pressing issue:

- Is there a way to kill someone other than launching a plot against them? 50 gold to kill a spouse doesn't seem bad, but plots seem to take forever.

- How do I actually go about pressing someone's claim if they are a random member of my court? Will it just show up as a casus belli on whoever I want to attack or is there some other option somewhere?

I don't think this was answered, so:

If you go into the character diplomacy screen there is an assassinate option. It varies in price with how important they are (50-350 I think), and varies in success rate based on relative intrigue. If you have your Spymaster "build spy network" in whichever province your target is in, you get an increase in your chance of assassination.

It will just show up as a cassus belli in the declare war screen. To press someone's claim you can click on the crossed swords icon up in the notification area up top to cycle through the claims you can press. Alternatively you can just go to to the declare war screen for whoever holds the title that you want to press against. I think someone mentioned how the claims work (weak/strong/etc.), but keep in mind that if you have someone with a weak claim that you can't press because the title holder is currently an adult male, assassinating him when his heir is a child is a good way to be able to press your claim.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Roland Jones posted:

You're playing the latest version, right? You haven't set it to use an old patch version or moved CK outside of Steam so it doesn't update? Assuming your answers are yes and no to those... I really don't know what to suggest, that's how it works:

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

TorakFade posted:

it's been 5 years now and I got no further messages, only a good-statted female courtier as nanny (but is she a witch or not? :tinfoil: )

Oh don't worry. Everything's going to be just fine.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Roland Jones posted:

Shia, though, doesn't even have any provinces following it; the "Rise of the Shia" dude got converted to Sunni ages ago and has slowly been having his stuff taken from him. More people follow the heresy Hurufi than there are actual Shia followers. Kind of disappointed that one dude didn't do better; was hoping to ally with him, pincer our Sunni enemies between our armies, and lay waste to the Caliph and his allies. Guess I'm going to have to steamroll them all myself instead.

It's sort of a bummer how the Shia never seem to amount to anything if you're doing an old gods start. In my current game the world's sole Shia ruled province is the Canary Islands.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Man, while I went with female heirs because they were the ones inheriting Quick, I'm really seeing the drawbacks of it as a Zoroastrian. Besides the missing choices and events (some of which don't even make sense; why can my female ruler not host a tournament?), the lack of concubines has me worried about my future gene pool. Also the grandchildren aren't even getting Quick, which is annoying. Really, some of the things denied to female characters in this game are silly; male concubines were actually a thing in history, and even if they wouldn't be as mechanically effective as female ones (the female ruler can still only have one pregnancy at a time, no matter how many men she has) it'd be really useful right now to keep my family tree from getting too tangled. Also it'd be fun for story purposes.

On a different topic, is it normal for the people I give kingdoms to to have two "Vassal King" opinion modifiers sinking their opinion of me? Because that seems really, really annoying. Especially when my empire title goes down to someone who doesn't have the opinion booster of having given those assholes their kingdoms in the first place.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Roland Jones posted:

Man, while I went with female heirs because they were the ones inheriting Quick, I'm really seeing the drawbacks of it as a Zoroastrian. Besides the missing choices and events (some of which don't even make sense; why can my female ruler not host a tournament?), the lack of concubines has me worried about my future gene pool. Also the grandchildren aren't even getting Quick, which is annoying. Really, some of the things denied to female characters in this game are silly; male concubines were actually a thing in history, and even if they wouldn't be as mechanically effective as female ones (the female ruler can still only have one pregnancy at a time, no matter how many men she has) it'd be really useful right now to keep my family tree from getting too tangled. Also it'd be fun for story purposes.

On a different topic, is it normal for the people I give kingdoms to to have two "Vassal King" opinion modifiers sinking their opinion of me? Because that seems really, really annoying. Especially when my empire title goes down to someone who doesn't have the opinion booster of having given those assholes their kingdoms in the first place.

I think it is also something of a gameplay thing. If a woman has a husband and three male concubines, how do you decide who fathered the children?`

Which people had male concubines by the way? Never heard of this.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Torrannor posted:

I think it is also something of a gameplay thing. If a woman has a husband and three male concubines, how do you decide who fathered the children?`

Which people had male concubines by the way? Never heard of this.

I think it was some steppe tribes. Can't remember at the moment, it's late (or, rather, really early and I didn't get any sleep) and it was an anecdote in a larger thing I was reading. I'll have to look it up again.

As for the fathership thing, well, presumably the game would know how to prescribe fathership the same way it does any other time a woman's had multiple partners and a kid. For slightly more "in-universe" stuff, though? Arguably the woman could just say whichever man is the father; avoid any issues by just saying your husband's the father, even if he's actually impotent or whatever. It could even be a gameplay tradeoff; you're having fewer kids since only you can actually, you know, have kids, but none of the kids get the "child of concubine" trait applied because no one can prove they didn't come from your husband, just that they came out of you. I mean, it's already possible for undetected bastards to not get the negative trait applied, right? (I actually don't know, I've only had the one that was detected.) This is far less complicated than that is.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

Roland Jones posted:

Shia, though, doesn't even have any provinces following it; the "Rise of the Shia" dude got converted to Sunni ages ago and has slowly been having his stuff taken from him. More people follow the heresy Hurufi than there are actual Shia followers.
Yeah, having played a few games from the Old Gods start, I've never seen the Shia establish themselves in the Muslim world. They'll have a modest empire for maybe 50 years and then get slowly chipped away by surrounding Sunni rulers.

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

Roland Jones posted:

Oh wow, the Tengri are doing really well in my Zoroastrian game. Besides reforming the faith as I mentioned before, they've actually formed Tartaria. I need to go check their accomplishments, because other than their failed invasion back when Vandad was still alive it seems they've been doing very well.

I've seen Tartaria form, too, and they still got roflstomped by the Mongols. That was pre-RoI, though, so who knows now with the new Mongol start.

Zakka
Apr 27, 2010

Edison was a dick posted:

• The holy site is in Germany, not England
  • You don't need all 5. You need 3 and 50% moral authority or all 5

On my first Norse playthrough I reformed with only 3, but that was a few generations in, when the majority of the weak Norse nations were already defeated, so there were less sources of the lost holy war penalty.

I'd recommend expanding East into the Pagan with county conquests while continuously sacking Rome. Since

• You need high Military organisation to avoid Pagan attrition penalty after you reform, so doing this before then is better.
  • The county conquest MA bonus is probably the best source, when balancing ease and availability.
  • You become a less tempting target for holy wars from the HRE, since if you get big enough to challenge them, they're not going to holy war you unless the Pope declares a crusade, and Crusades in Scandinavia are rare enough even when Crusades are activated.
  • You get a bunch of cash from raiding, which could be spent on building temples, to improve MA further.
  • The looting infidel temples MA bonus can build up.

Thanks! I've been thinking of going into Britain to save it from the Christians, but I think it'll be easier and smarter to go east (and my raiding of Rome will never stop). My MA has been stuck in the twenties for quite some time now, but when the -15 "lost holy war" modifier disappears I'll hopefylly be able to get it up tp 50.

I got three of the holy sites, while HRE got the other two. HRE's been really stable, does it ever blow up?

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

DStecks posted:

I've seen Tartaria form, too, and they still got roflstomped by the Mongols. That was pre-RoI, though, so who knows now with the new Mongol start.

Oh boy, I'm not looking forward to the Mongols arriving. Persia's one of the starting places for two of the different hordes, isn't it? How hard are they to take on with an empire that's been going since the Old Gods start?

Zakka posted:

Thanks! I've been thinking of going into Britain to save it from the Christians, but I think it'll be easier and smarter to go east (and my raiding of Rome will never stop). My MA has been stuck in the twenties for quite some time now, but when the -15 "lost holy war" modifier disappears I'll hopefylly be able to get it up tp 50.

I got three of the holy sites, while HRE got the other two. HRE's been really stable, does it ever blow up?

That -15 is the combination of five lost holy wars, actually; every time your faith wins/loses a holy war (white peaces and wars ended inconclusively don't count either way), your religion's moral authority gets +/-3 for ten years. So, it'll start gradually decreasing, unless more Norse lose holy wars, but it's still worth it to fight more since wins now will be around longer than the old losses and will generally push your MA higher.

What's bringing your MA down besides the holy war losses, by the way? I think every religion has a base of 20% MA, with +10 for every holy site under their control, so before other modifiers that's 50% already. If it's in the twenties it's got more than just the holy wars dragging it down; maybe there are other things you can address too.

BioMe
Aug 9, 2012

Roland Jones posted:

Also it'd be fun for story purposes.

loving king of Norway kidnapped and concubine'd my king's mom once. :catstare:

Anyway, is there some must-install mods for rebalancing purposes like that? Apparently there's one that makes Hellenic pagans actually playable, has anyone tested if it's any good?

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Are there any ports that need to be open to run this in multi? Me and mmtt tried both hosting but neither could join on the other despite seeing the games hosted in the server lists, same checksum (after 2 reinstalls...) and all.

Managed to get into one of our servers with hamachi, once, but then mmtt misclicked and we had to abandon. Next up we can't connect again...

And we got in again! Yay!

*Desync on day 1*

:negative:

Pimpmust fucked around with this message at 15:26 on May 4, 2014

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

Roland Jones posted:

What's bringing your MA down besides the holy war losses, by the way? I think every religion has a base of 20% MA, with +10 for every holy site under their control, so before other modifiers that's 50% already.

Only reformed religions get the +20, two of the Norse holy sites (Germany and Holland) start in Catholic hands, a third (Denmark) may go Catholic quickly, a fourth (Sweden) may go Soumensko, so it's pretty common for Norse MA to be in the dumpster until the player does something about it.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

ulmont posted:

Only reformed religions get the +20, two of the Norse holy sites (Germany and Holland) start in Catholic hands, a third (Denmark) may go Catholic quickly, a fourth (Sweden) may go Soumensko, so it's pretty common for Norse MA to be in the dumpster until the player does something about it.

Oh, alright then. I saw that even the various heresies and stuff start at 20 so I assumed it was that way for all religions. That makes more sense for Zakka's problem.

Man. That means that the Tengri did really well then.

Also, I discovered why Sunni is so strong in my game despite my beating up the various people in Persia: There's a sultan over in the west who's taken over like eighty percent of Hispania, and the other half or so (possibly a bit less since the provinces in Europe are smaller) stretches down into Africa, with only Mali keeping them from getting further. Checking out the ledger to admire my progress (most prestige, most piety, largest demense, second-largest realm) I discover he's got the fourth-largest realm in the world as well, with only the HRE, myself, and the Byzantines ahead of him, in that order from first to third. Khagan of Tartaria's down in sixth, meanwhile. Ultra-sultan's also second in terms of prestige, 6.2k to my 8.5k. Guy's doing well for himself; I imagine he's probably the biggest threat to Europe. (Topic of that, he's been converting Hispania to Sunni like nobody's business. And I checked him to see if he joined the jihad against me yet; while he hasn't, he has apparently had thirteen Catholic rebellions since he started his work. Dude is persistent.)

Though, man, I'm not even in the running gold-wise. How do you make tons of money? I'm getting around 25 a month before expenses, which doesn't seem spectacular. I suppose it'll improve as holdings and such in my realm are upgraded, and I've been upgrading my capital whenever I'm at peace and have a pile of money to do nothing else with, but it'd still be nice to have more.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 16:01 on May 4, 2014

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
So.. about Cumania.

He just reformed Tengri too. He's 47 with 5 sons and currently 71 vassals. It's a race against time to change succession law before it all explodes in a shower of gavelkind inheritances. I hope he starts beating up the Byzantines before that happens though, since I want to get of all Sicily as Amalfi.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Is there a way to press multiple claims or use more than one casus belli in a war? I've got a few different CBs on my neighbor, each of which is for only one province, and I'd rather not have this take 30 years.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Bold Robot posted:

Is there a way to press multiple claims or use more than one casus belli in a war? I've got a few different CBs on my neighbor, each of which is for only one province, and I'd rather not have this take 30 years.

If they are strong claims (ie. your own claims) there should be a "press all claims" CB, but you can't press say a dejure claim for a vassal and a regular claim of your own at the same time.

wilbur.walsh
Jan 3, 2008

Whoaaaat?
Soo small update. Yes I indeed control nearly 50% of the map. My dynasty has 720 members... Decadence still not a problem. Who wants to bet when it all explodes? :D

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Darth Various
Oct 23, 2010

Roland Jones posted:

Man. That means that the Tengri did really well then.

Three of the Tengri holy sites start out under the realm of Cumania (one of them under the Jewish duke of Khazaria), a fourth is just across the border in Khiva. It's not that hard for AI Cumania to reform Tengri, I've seen it more than once while playing in a completely different part of the map.

DStecks posted:

Cumania is a whole lot of worthless land, so a united Tartaria isn't as fearsome as it looks. The meat is in the Black Sea kingdoms and Volga Bulgaria

Thrasophius
Oct 27, 2013

Darth Various posted:

Three of the Tengri holy sites start out under the realm of Cumania (one of them under the Jewish duke of Khazaria), a fourth is just across the border in Khiva. It's not that hard for AI Cumania to reform Tengri, I've seen it more than once while playing in a completely different part of the map.

Cumania is a whole lot of worthless land, so a united Tartaria isn't as fearsome as it looks. The meat is in the Black Sea kingdoms and Volga Bulgaria

Yeh Cumania is really really lovely land. I took most of it playing as Karen when I was running away from the saffarids, they look like a big power but the lands only have like a 100 man garrison so you can blitz it so easy.

Also Cumania reforms Tengri in practically every game I play is that common even if they only have to get one more holy site?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

Darth Various posted:

Exactly. While there isn't a true "population density" mechanic, the sparse regions do have less holdings and thus, less manpower. This is the reason why Estonia is the easiest Kingdom of Finland start.

• Locked thread