Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Miss Kalle
Jan 4, 2013

This avatar is lacking a certain something, don't you think? IT'S MISSING YOUR SCREAMS, TRANSFER STUDENT!
I am incredibly upset over my favorite member of my favorite musical group planning to leave said group this fall.

The reason why this is a first world problem is because it's a J-pop group who lives off rotating through their members. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Netflix is down, according to this.

Except when it's enough to load the main page, but not anything like the search, or the little pop-up so I can get to the actual TNG page and change the episode that auto-plays.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

I don't own a smartphone and surf the internet from a desktop computer, yet half the Wikipedia and news articles linked nowadays shuttle me to mobile versions of those sites, which are ugly and dumb and take two seconds to get to the regular version of the same page.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

GWBBQ posted:

Let me introduce you to the wonder that is Dr Pepper Ten. See also: A&W Ten.

You're a kind goon to recommend it, but it is not available in England. On the plus side, it is available in America, which is where my fiancee lives, so when we finally tie the not I can get that poo poo all the time.

Some people marry for a green card; I marry for soda.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I have a burning desire to order something from amazon to have it overnighted so I get it on friday, but it's too late for about 05% of the stuff, and I also don't NEED anything, and won't really be home to get it anyway.

It's just a weird compulsion to buy something to get something delivered.

ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

When life becomes too painful, sometimes it's better to just become a drunk.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

It's just a weird compulsion to buy something to get something delivered.

That's why I spend all my money on nail polish. Once my package is delivered I feel the need to having something else on the way. Good thing I prepaid for a subscription box or I'd blow all my money when I'm trying to not buy anything for a while.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
I need to spend literally my entire weekend doing college projects.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I just found Ratking and King Krule through a song they did together and now I wanna listen to a lot of both of them. But I don't really have the time to.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

I have a $600 Delta voucher. Putting aside that the flights that work best for me this time are with United, I have to book through Delta's website, which is two hundred pounds more than booking through Opodo would be. I'm still saving a nice amount but gently caress.

And of course the Delta site is hosed six ways from Sunday right now. :saddowns:

Murder Hats
Nov 16, 2008

"You need to put as much focus on work as you give to getting the perfect reCaptcha phrase!"
/
:backtowork:
I got a check in the mail a month or so ago for my left over student grant (little over $100) and got another today for a little over $700 now I'm wondering if it's a fluke and if I have to call anyone just in case. I don't want to call anyone, but I don't want to pay it back if I don't have to either.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Murder Hats posted:

I got a check in the mail a month or so ago for my left over student grant (little over $100) and got another today for a little over $700 now I'm wondering if it's a fluke and if I have to call anyone just in case. I don't want to call anyone, but I don't want to pay it back if I don't have to either.

Get it in writing that you don't owe anything and don't spend a cent of it until you do.

awesomekittens
Jan 26, 2007
oh my god dinosaur
I don't want to do my boring UPS project. I want to do my fun excel class.

Ancient Bards probably won't tour outside of Europe, let alone anywhere near me.

Life is hard. :(

Buggiezor
Jun 6, 2011

For I am a cat, you see.
My friends are fighting and it's going to make bridesmaid dress shopping for my wedding a real pain.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Kitten pissed on my bed.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I found a book that sounded kinda cool, but when I researched the author to see if they had anything else, I found out he looked like some weird internet nerd hipster guy and now I don't want to buy his book because I kinda wanna beat him up and take his lunch money.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I found a book that sounded kinda cool, but when I researched the author to see if they had anything else, I found out he looked like some weird internet nerd hipster guy and now I don't want to buy his book because I kinda wanna beat him up and take his lunch money.

Make sure to Email him about that.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

My laptop is almost out of space so I decided to transfer most files to my external hard drive. After an hour two the transfer was complete and I deleted the files from my laptop. Or at least I thought I did. I actually deleted them from the external hard drive and had to start all over again.

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

My credit score is now over 700 so the credit card offers have increased :argh:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I declined an invitation to go out with friends because I'm broke and tired. Just found out they're going to a DJ set by Idris Elba AKA Stringer Bell from The Wire

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
A client gave me a Starbucks card as a thank you gift. There's a Starbucks about five minutes away in a Target, but putting on real clothes and driving there is too much effort.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

empty sea posted:

A client gave me a Starbucks card as a thank you gift. There's a Starbucks about five minutes away in a Target, but putting on real clothes and driving there is too much effort.

Hmm yes maybe you should get a job where you see 'clients' while fully dressed.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
I ran out of sugar yesterday and forgot to get more so this morning I put some palm sugar in my coffee and it didn't really make it sweet and it tastes kind of bad but not bad enough to justify pouring it out :(

I also ran out of butter yesterday so I couldn't make toast this morning and had to have a bowl of rice for breakfast instead.

duralict
Sep 18, 2007

this isn't hug club at all
My roommate asked me to pick up tofu at the store and when I came back with some I found six unopened containers of it already in the fridge.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
Maybe he meant fresh tofu in a bag instead of a plastic cup?

Who am I kidding, you can only get that in third world countries :v:

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

One of my friends needed something notarized and I told him to go to any bank. He went to the local Bank of America because it was closest to his house, and they said they waive the fee for customers. He didn't think he had an account with them, but gave them his name to look it up anyway.

That's how he found out that he's a Bank of America customer. No big deal, it's easy to forget about an account when you only have $130,000 in it :rolleyes:

ExcaliburX
May 5, 2014
I went grocery shopping and told myself to buy more beer while I was out. However, I completely spaced out and forgot to buy more beer. Murphy's Law be damned.

I do not want to drive my car back to the store and fight traffic. Therefore, I am being forced by society, Murphy's Law, and the laws of physics to drink this unopened bottle of wine instead.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

ExcaliburX posted:

I went grocery shopping and told myself to buy more beer while I was out. However, I completely spaced out and forgot to buy more beer. Murphy's Law be damned.

I do not want to drive my car back to the store and fight traffic. Therefore, I am being forced by society, Murphy's Law, and the laws of physics to drink this unopened bottle of wine instead.

I'm pretty sure the laws of physics prevent you from drinking an unopened bottle of wine.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Bertrand Hustle posted:

I'm pretty sure the laws of physics prevent you from drinking an unopened bottle of wine.

It's also illegal in Maryland.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Allergies :negative:

Roleplaying Dad
Jan 23, 2005

Invisibilityrific
All the chapsticks I keep in my car have melted. Texas first world problems. :argh:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Roleplaying Dad posted:

Texas
first world

Does not compute.

Roleplaying Dad
Jan 23, 2005

Invisibilityrific

Jerry Cotton posted:

Does not compute.

I live 10 minutes from the world headquarters of Whole Foods. And traffic around there SUXXX #firstworldproblems.

Penny Paper
Dec 31, 2012
This book series for children is too silly for me, a 30-year-old, so rather than leave it alone and find something more my speed, I'm going to make fun of it.

Buggiezor
Jun 6, 2011

For I am a cat, you see.
I couldn't find my regular 2 in 1 shampoo/conditioner so I had to buy the same brand but shampoo and conditioner separately. Now I have an extra bottle and an extra step in my shower routine.

:saddowns:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I think my friend may have the most hosed up first world problem ever.

He has to learn how to poop again. Apparently the doc gave him some new meds for his IBS and they kinda work different than what he's used to, so now he's like "gently caress I'VE GOT 20 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE WITH HOW MY BOWELS WORK AND NOW THE poo poo IS ALL CHANGED"

So, basically I just txt him and laugh cause he has to learn to eat all over again, so he knows what causes his flare ups and what doesn't.

Pooping. It's serious business.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

When the goat's head explodes after you've cleared a board in Peggle 2 it just doesn't explode convincingly and this bothers me.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Jerry Cotton posted:

When the goat's head explodes after you've cleared a board in Peggle 2 it just doesn't explode convincingly and this bothers me.

That sounds more like a serial killer problem.

I changed office at the end of work today, but I left some messages for people I need to call me back. I gave the extension for my old office though.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

That sounds more like a serial killer problem.

I'm pretty sure a serial killer problem would be something like "dang man I just can't seem to kill enough people no matter how hard I try".

Umbilical Lotus
Nov 13, 2005

OH NO!!!! AXE CUT YOU!!!!
The subway was actually efficient this morning, so I had to stand around work for twenty minutes waiting for someone to come open it up for me.

While here, I had to entertain a client's kid for a while, so we had a unicorn-drawing contest. I actually like the resulting unicorn, but it's on the back of a piece of scrap paper and the backside shows when I scan it. I'm uncertain if I'm able to reproduce it, and can't put it in my portfolio.

I entirely forgot about mother's day and made a bunch of plans I can't break, and my mom is leaving me a series of increasingly forlorn and guiltsome notes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

I like to tweet and live my life. Thank you.

Umbilical Lotus posted:

The subway was actually efficient this morning, so I had to stand around work for twenty minutes waiting for someone to come open it up for me.

While here, I had to entertain a client's kid for a while, so we had a unicorn-drawing contest. I actually like the resulting unicorn, but it's on the back of a piece of scrap paper and the backside shows when I scan it. I'm uncertain if I'm able to reproduce it, and can't put it in my portfolio.

I entirely forgot about mother's day and made a bunch of plans I can't break, and my mom is leaving me a series of increasingly forlorn and guiltsome notes.

I also forgot about mother's day, and it is too late for me to send anything meaningful. I know my mom is expecting something because she hasn't talked to me in a week. I'm just gonna call her.

• Locked thread