Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Tremors posted:

Bravura Animus acquired! The grind is over (for now).

Oh my god it is pink I must have it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

I did my first CT run on my Warrior and got the Armor of Light. It's cool, REALLY cool, and categorically better than anything I could ever hope to have but I really miss the Accuracy bonus.

Vil posted:

Oh my god it is pink I must have it

SAME

LockHeart
Apr 8, 2005

I'll make Coach Haribo proud!
Do you think they'll ever allow Free Companies to join each other in an allience of sorts?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
That's supposed to be coming in a patch soon.

Percity
Oct 24, 2006

Gyaru Gal stop making GBS threads up the PVP queues with your bot you piece of poo poo. Thanks.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Percity posted:

Gyaru Gal stop making GBS threads up the PVP queues with your bot you piece of poo poo. Thanks.
If you were at all serious about pvp you would be doing premades and never see me. Get serious filthy casual
You could also play the same role as me and never play on my team.
Those are 2 easy options, do something about it you piece of poo poo.
Running in and dying 10s into a match is unreportable, it just means im really really really bad :yosbutt:

Fauxtool fucked around with this message at 06:59 on May 4, 2014

Downtime
Sep 25, 2009

Fauxtool posted:

If you were at all serious about pvp you would be doing premades and never see me. Get serious filthy casual
Running in and dying 10s into a match is unreportable, it just means im really really really bad :yosbutt:

Or you could you know, move on and :getout:.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Holy poo poo CT is fun!

Real DemonsSouls begins here!

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Thanks to the people in DGKK for helping me get geared up and running me through Titan HM for my relic weapon!

Rei_
May 16, 2004

I did Ifrit HM with some friends tonight and it went rather well! I MT'ed, stayed on it, kept everything going. Then we ran Greg for funsies and when they were all I gone I was like

I got this, I know how this works now. I'll just queue up for HM Ifrit on my own to try and get that weapon.

Holy poo poo are pubs bad at this game.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Rei_ posted:

I did Ifrit HM with some friends tonight and it went rather well! I MT'ed, stayed on it, kept everything going. Then we ran Greg for funsies and when they were all I gone I was like

I got this, I know how this works now. I'll just queue up for HM Ifrit on my own to try and get that weapon.

And how! I'm just glad that I'm starting to get to the point where my gear can help me compensate for other peoples's badness with the content I'm doing now.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Fauxtool posted:

How can you be mad at Gyaru with a post like this? :allears:

You gave me a bit of a scare a week ago with that gift, but you're all right, Mr. Gal.

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004

RCarr posted:

Just unlocked fishing and I've spent the last half hour chilling on a cliff fishing. This game is neat.

This guy gets it.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Is Loot Lockout still a thing on CT? I know I read it existed... Couldn't find anything current on the subject.

Bulk Slabhead
Oct 18, 2013
Nope.

Smart Car
Mar 31, 2011

Feenix posted:

Is Loot Lockout still a thing on CT? I know I read it existed... Couldn't find anything current on the subject.
They removed the lockout on loot in CT when the 2.2 patch released.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Oh awesome thanks!

mid83
Oct 15, 2012
So how is the PS4 version? I own the PC version but in my current living situation PC gaming is a little tough since I'm mostly on a laptop without a full mouse and keyboard. Console gaming is much more convenient for me. I'm more than willing to pick up the PS4 version as long as it's a pretty competent port.

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum
The PS4 port is basically the PC version with some PS4-specific enhancements. (Trophies and Remote Play support.) If you hook up a keyboard and mouse to the PS4, you can play it exactly the same as you do on the PC.

In short, yes, it's a competent port.

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

What happened to the legendary Chris Redfield, huh? What happened to you?!
I love the localization team.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Rei_ posted:

I can confirm it's actually possible to win a DF Ifrit HM, it isn't very likely though.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I've played nothing but DF HM and 95% of them go well. Sometimes I have a WHM friend with me. But it's been pretty good.

[edit]

Just got my Relic Gae Bolg! Now what do I need to do to get on the path of +1'ing it?

Feenix fucked around with this message at 17:53 on May 4, 2014

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
The first upgrade is easy, it's 900 myth. Buy 3 "Something" mists from the vendor that cost 300 each (Not the 225 myth one you used to get the initial weapon), and take it to the forge next to where you got your relic.

Then you can start the Atma/Animus grind!

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

How the hell is email/chat support still down? Is this a joke? I'm not going to pay :10bux: to call them to have them refund my account.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

AlmightyBob posted:

I can confirm it's actually possible to win a DF Ifrit HM, it isn't very likely though.

Perhaps it has changed since I ran Ifrit HM last, but it was very easy to do HM ifrit in DF when I last did it.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

orange juche posted:

Perhaps it has changed since I ran Ifrit HM last, but it was very easy to do HM ifrit in DF when I last did it.

Yeah Ifrit HM was doable in 2.0 duty finder, let alone now when people have better gear and the Echo backing them up.

I've been hitting the trials roulette every day while I work on my animus books, and seen a handful of each of the HM primals and none of them have posed serious issues to the parties I end up in. Even Titan HM has never gone beyond two wipes when I've been doing it and I've seen that one the most, maybe 5-6 times now.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I did my first Titan HM today and it was DF. Half the folks were new, half were not. I had no idea wtf, and wiped at 50% (I'm DRG) And we still won first try. :)

Rei_
May 16, 2004

AlmightyBob posted:

And it's the easiest one. It's basically a tank and spank where you avoid AOEs. Barely any positioning is involved except for the plumes.

Also, just did Garuda (Hard) for the first time. Our Paladin was wearing just a crown and a chestpiece so I offered to MT, and.

I was loving shaking by the end of it, time to study up for Titan

Rei_ fucked around with this message at 18:56 on May 4, 2014

pixfix
Nov 4, 2010

GET IN THE BIN

Bolverkur posted:

How the hell is email/chat support still down? Is this a joke? I'm not going to pay :10bux: to call them to have them refund my account.

No poo poo. I am from Canada, and just spent 20 minutes on the phone racking up long distance. Hung up and not trying it again until email support comes back.

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum

Meiteron posted:

Yeah Ifrit HM was doable in 2.0 duty finder, let alone now when people have better gear and the Echo backing them up.

Weirdly enough, when I did my Summoner relic in 2.1 solely through the Duty Finder, Ifrit HM was the one that gave me the most trouble. It's the one I had to queue for twice since the first group just couldn't do it at all.

Titan HM was a one-shot. In Duty Finder. In 2.1 before the Trials Roulette. I just don't understand.

Winter Stormer
Oct 17, 2012

Xenoveritas posted:

Weirdly enough, when I did my Summoner relic in 2.1 solely through the Duty Finder, Ifrit HM was the one that gave me the most trouble. It's the one I had to queue for twice since the first group just couldn't do it at all.

Titan HM was a one-shot. In Duty Finder. In 2.1 before the Trials Roulette. I just don't understand.

Our raid group would kill time waiting for that one last guy to log on by queuing for HM Titan with 1 DPS slot open. Maybe you got lucky with something similar?

My experience has been that Ifrit HM is and was almost always a one-shot, whereas even now HM Titan is kind of a crapshoot.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

HM Titan is going to require for me at least a post-it note and some rough notes by my laptop.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Rei_ posted:

HM Titan is going to require for me at least a post-it note and some rough notes by my laptop.

Does something big happen at the 50% mark on Titan HM? I mean, I fully admit I got pushed off and couldn't see the back half of my first/only Titan HM but the first half was just dodging AOE and busting bombs.

(Or does DPS have that fight easy?)

Ryanbomber
Sep 27, 2004

Feenix posted:

Does something big happen at the 50% mark on Titan HM? I mean, I fully admit I got pushed off and couldn't see the back half of my first/only Titan HM but the first half was just dodging AOE and busting bombs.

(Or does DPS have that fight easy?)

The hard part of the fight :v:

A DPS race where you have to kill his heart before he explodes, followed by phase 5, where bomb patterns change, he tumults more, and he starts flipping tables at the tank for like 4-5k unmitigated.

It's still just a constant safety dance for DPS (tanks might have to use cooldowns for table flips while healers get really pissed off at trying to keep everyone alive) but there's less room for error.

I've honestly had more trouble with getting low level queues for Primals than I have for any of the HMs after 2.2. New people don't understand the idea of killing nails/feathers at all :saddowns:

Rei_
May 16, 2004

edit: ^^^ Yeah, I've noticed people don't quite get the nails or the feathers, so during Garuda I was marking the Satin Feathers and before Ifrit I asked if we could burn limit breaks on the Nails.

I guess for tanking I just have to stand in one spot and avoid bombs, but it doesn't hurt to know about any wrinkles. Whereas Ifrit has the OT managing stunts on Eruption, and Garuda is about positioning and movement around the map, Titan puts the onus on the rest of the party to move while the tank sort of has an easy ride.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Trust me, once you've seen Titan Extreme's pattern, Titan HM's will look really simple to memorize.

Mind you, the Granite Gaolers (note the s at the end) at the start of the final phase are actually adds/monsters you have to kill quickly, otherwise Titan and the Gaolers will get a determination buff soon after. Also whoever is off tanking at the moment needs to make sure they stay in a corner because after they die they leave a big puddle behind that inflicts heavy, last I checked.

Other fun mechanics include landslides that split out in multiple directions, more bomb patterns, and souped up mountain busters. So the main tank and off tank will have to swap every two or three mountain busters, as they give a stacking vulnerability up debuff. Oh yeah and the Granite Gaol that traps people? He always traps a DPS and healer, and the closer they are, the more defense the gaols have. This is on top of the fact that the gaols will start casting a spell that can't be interrupted, and if it goes off, whoever is trapped inside the gaol at the time will instantly die.

What I'm saying is Titan HM is really easy compared to Titan Extreme, and when you get to that point, it may be a good idea to ask Football School to get help with him.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 20:18 on May 4, 2014

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Sorry I meant Titan HM, Ifrit is really easy.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

I did Ifrit and Garuda HM in DF yesterday. We wiped on Ifrit once, beat Garuda with no deaths.

Say what you will about pugging in this game, but it's infinity better than in any other MMO I've played. Attempting to pug a raid in WoW before Raid Finder was an invitation to hate your life.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Yeah, Titan HM is a cakewalk compared to Titan Extreme. I only beat extreme because my friend gathered a group of some really good players (and we PF'd a few more) and it still took us a bunch of wipes to beat it. I did maybe three DFs for extreme and they either wipe/give up before getting heart phase down or soon after. I think that's probably one of the dungeons that's just almost never going to happen with pubbies, at least without a lot of difficulty and pain. Echo doesn't help much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fozzie Bear
Jun 4, 2000

Rockin' out at the god damn bank

Rei_ posted:

And it's the easiest one. It's basically a tank and spank where you avoid AOEs. Barely any positioning is involved except for the plumes.

Also, just did Garuda (Hard) for the first time. Our Paladin was wearing just a crown and a chestpiece so I offered to MT, and.

I was loving shaking by the end of it, time to study up for Titan

You don't have to do anything as MT, you can move to avoid some of the bombs, but that's about it really, most boring MT fight in the game. I tend to avoid some of the bombs, and just pop a cooldown for others, and spend the fight watching peoples healthbars to see if they dodges falling off the cliff.

OT is better, but useless as you are just a weak DPS for the fight.

• Locked thread