Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Ravel posted:

Sunderland lost every single one of those games I think, so I don't know why the FA would dock points anyway.

How they did in the games has nothing to do with it, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
dzeko has a better minutes-per-goal ratio in the premier league than the great luis suarez, but idk his DzSiBoT stats and we all know how crucial that is

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

like watching the most beautiful ballerina on the best stage

stickyfngrdboy posted:

dzeko has a better minutes-per-goal ratio in the premier league than the great luis suarez, but idk his DzSiBoT stats and we all know how crucial that is

His goal per minute played has been really good every season he's been in the Premier Leauge, right? Don't know why some City fans seem to hate him.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Mickolution posted:

Regardless though its a bit pathetic from the 3 clubs involved, especially as even if Sunderland were docked points only one of them would end up surviving anyway. Sunderland deserve to stay up because they actually had some fight in them unlike the bottom 3.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Blue Screen Error posted:

Regardless though its a bit pathetic from the 3 clubs involved, especially as even if Sunderland were docked points only one of them would end up surviving anyway. Sunderland deserve to stay up because they actually had some fight in them unlike the bottom 3.

Yeah I've never liked Sunderland but given the run of games they've had and the results they've got the fully deserve to stay up.

Poor Norwich though, hope you guys get Malky and get promoted again next season :unsmith:

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Puseklepp posted:

His goal per minute played has been really good every season he's been in the Premier Leauge, right? Don't know why some City fans seem to hate him.

Because of all the shots he doesn't score with, because of his first touch, because sometimes he thinks he's David Silva and loses the ball, because lol Dzeko sending in a cross to Aguero and not the other way around, because he doesn't track back

this is, in fact, a meltdown so yes it is nice

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
We're getting what we deserve for hiring and sticking with such a boring negative manager. Also while I love Malky and would be reasonably pleased if we hired him I hope instead we get someone who will play suicidally attacking football.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

We're getting what we deserve for hiring and sticking with such a boring negative manager. Also while I love Malky and would be reasonably pleased if we hired him I hope instead we get someone who will play suicidally attacking football.

Keegan in?

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

They have been great recently, no doubt, but I think it should be a points deduction for fielding an ineligible player, as it has been in the past and should have been for West Ham.

How they did in those game is irrelevant as the points are not going to be given to the opposition.

Hardflip
Jul 21, 2007

Turin based newspaper Tuttosport claim that Juventus have agreed a deal with Man United for Nani and will pay around £5million for him.

https://twitter.com/GraemeBailey/status/462935091178930176

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Hardflip posted:

Turin based newspaper Tuttosport claim that Juventus have agreed a deal with Man United for Nani and will pay around £5million for him.

Please be true and 5m lmao I'd bite their arm off

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Hardflip posted:

Someone should tell Juve that Nani is not the next Pogba. Also lmao at £5m.

TimberJoe
Oct 24, 2010

aww yeah im on this burger and shit

Winner of the PWM POTM for March 2012
Does Nani even play anymore

Rycalawre
Nov 6, 2009

Zdenek Zeman to Norwich please

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

TimberJoe posted:

Does Nani even play anymore

He did yesterday. Well, ok, it wasn't really playing, more like running around aimlessly.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Nani should have been out of the game years ago but he can't go home cause he hates his wife

Digital Jesus
Sep 11, 2001

Burqa King posted:

Nani should have been out of the game years ago but he can't go home cause he hates his wife

vvv Thank you! Screwed up the Imgur URL :(

Digital Jesus fucked around with this message at 15:12 on May 4, 2014

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Good work with that image there

Xbox One
Apr 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 479 days!

pik_d posted:

Because of all the shots he doesn't score with, because of his first touch, because sometimes he thinks he's David Silva and loses the ball, because lol Dzeko sending in a cross to Aguero and not the other way around, because he doesn't track back

this is, in fact, a meltdown so yes it is nice

Op I agree with your point about him being a bit wasteful, but that's just how the Serbs play, you have to take the good with the bad.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen

Hardflip posted:

This is what needs to happen with a whole load of United players. Cheap sales just to get them out the squad.

Xbox One
Apr 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 479 days!

Lot 49 posted:

This is what needs to happen with a whole load of United players. Cheap sales just to get them out the squad.

Good luck finding anyone willing to take on Rooney's per-week.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Hardflip posted:

Tuttosport is a pro-Juve rag but given the price that actually seemed like a good deal.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Mickolution posted:

He was registered with the Premier League and the FA, but when he had a drug test done the club found out he hadn't been reregistered on the FIFA drug list thing when he moved back from his loan - a fact that the club immediately reported to the league. It's nothing like the Tevez/West Ham thing where West Ham knew he had illegal ownership and covered it up for as long as possible.

V disappointed in Delia, does she not value friendship any more?

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
Fulham's troubles are all Jol's fault, no? They bought so many old players and it's hard to know the plan they were trying to realize.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Ewar Woowar posted:

Yeah I've never liked Sunderland but given the run of games they've had and the results they've got the fully deserve to stay up.

Poor Norwich though, hope you guys get Malky and get promoted again next season :unsmith:

Exactly, they're doing the same thing Wigan had people in here gushing over for years.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Puseklepp posted:

They'd rather have a badgekisser who runs around like a headless chicken than one of the most clinical finishers in the world who has now won them the league twice, single-handedly, because they're a smalltime club and always will be

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

vaginal culture posted:

They'd rather have a badgekisser who runs around like a headless chicken than one of the most clinical finishers in the world who has now won them the league twice, single-handedly, because they're a smalltime club and always will be

How many times has Dzeko stood in the rain watching Typical City against Rotherham? I rest my case

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

vaginal culture posted:

Tom I have an itk who works at city who is mates with my granddad, and he said he was passing through the gym one day carrying a bunch of vials of some kind of red liquid, and he overheard the trainer say to dzeko "time for squats" and dzeko said "Nyet. Da svidanya squats.!" Idk if this will tarnish your view of him but it was apparently pretty harrowing to witness.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

I don't think Dzeko speaks Russian lol what a fake story.

100% Natty

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

vaginal culture posted:

100% Natty
weak 'cep game...dyel

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Chris de Sperg posted:

weak 'cep game...dyel

It's 2014 dude, delts and traps are where its at

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
If you look carefully, you can see the scarring on his cephalic vein where they repeatedly use needles (either iv or straight).

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug
Nani oughta light Serie A right up. If Big Gerv can do it, then Nani will. No clue how he will fit into Juve's 3-5-2, though.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

MrL_JaKiri posted:

It's nothing like the Tevez/West Ham thing where West Ham knew he had illegal ownership and covered it up for as long as possible.

This is not true thank you, we only suspected it was illegal and then complied officially when the FA said it wasn't, before immediately making a private verbal agreement to keep the illegal part intact via verbal contract which the club didn't know about.

Tooootally different from what you said. It'll be bullshit if you have to pay up though, wouldn't mind seeing the FA give Norwich lots of money.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Smeef posted:

Nani oughta light Serie A right up. If Big Gerv can do it, then Nani will. No clue how he will fit into Juve's 3-5-2, though.

on the side, loudly proclaiming he has more potential than ronaldo

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Mickolution posted:

It actually does, because the wording of the law is that if a team fields an ineligible player, they lose any points earned in those games. Which I believe is "one" in this case, so in all likelihood wouldn't even matter.

The law also gives a specific exemption where points don't need to be deducted if it's only an issue regarding international clearance, and any case the three clubs bring wouldn't be heard until next season anyway. So they don't really have a case.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

vaginal culture posted:

I worked with two men from bosnia, and while they were admittedly a bit older (40ish) they both spoke a bit of russian and said it was taught in schools in Yugoslavia.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

FullLeatherJacket posted:

It actually does, because the wording of the law is that if a team fields an ineligible player, they lose any points earned in those games. Which I believe is "one" in this case, so in all likelihood wouldn't even matter.

The law also gives a specific exemption where points don't need to be deducted if it's only an issue regarding international clearance, and any case the three clubs bring wouldn't be heard until next season anyway. So they don't really have a case.

I think we can all admire how they managed to find a loophole to avoid being punished for cheating by simply being really bad

Xbox One
Apr 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 479 days!

vaginal culture posted:

100% Natty

Cool Dzeko and I have the same slightly asymetrical abdominal layout, probably as a result of our shared Serbian heritage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Smeef posted:

Nani oughta light Serie A right up. If Big Gerv can do it, then Nani will.

That's literally what I thought when I saw that rumor.

• Locked thread