Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Every skip I did resulted in really strong teams. IT would show a white icon like it was going to be easy dudes, but it was also like level 50 teams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

Khanstant posted:

edit: Also how does shielding work? I put one up to protect my rank 130 in this punisher thing, but I'm getting +0s when people fight me?
Shielding stops your score from going down. If you lose on defense, the player that beats you gets points but you'll see those +0s on your list. If you win on defense, you'll still gain points regardless of a shield.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

:stare:

Call Me Charlie posted:

The end of the Army Of One tournament must have been crabbing hell. That's the first time I've seen the entire top 10, with points ranging from 1100 to 800, shielded. Normally there's always somebody trying to make a last minute climb.

Unless I jinx it 15 minutes from the end, I've been in the top 50 in my bracket practically the whole time and haven't been attacked once. Punisher boosted to level 199 probably helps. :madmax:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Checking the scores on the #1 alliance, it looks like whatever was changed on Top Gun hasnt affected Army of One. Top score is 1400, vs 1900.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Yeah no kyip glitch this time around to inflate scores. Didn't stop AgentsofGOON from barely missing the 100 mark again. I know many of you were looking forward to the shame box but they didn't leave the post event results to screen cap. I think xenoblaster and darealzep would have been our featured slackers if I remember correctly.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Yeah no kyip glitch this time around to inflate scores. Didn't stop AgentsofGOON from barely missing the 100 mark again. I know many of you were looking forward to the shame box but they didn't leave the post event results to screen cap. I think xenoblaster and darealzep would have been our featured slackers if I remember correctly.
I'd tell you to get a hobby, but you've already got one. Instead, chill out and stop breaking balls over a match three game.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Finished in top 150, woo. If I'm understanding correctly, I have better chances of winning if I don't play my first Loki match till like way late tonight?

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

Khanstant posted:

Finished in top 150, woo. If I'm understanding correctly, I have better chances of winning if I don't play my first Loki match till like way late tonight?

Probably, there's no way to be certain but generally joining at an odd time means you get fewer really competitive people in your bracket.

Just got the 10 pack heroic out of Season 1, managed to pull an Invisible Woman and 3 3* covers out. IW was the only character I didn't have, so it's nice that it's impossible to be restricted from any given fight until Fury is out, even if I'll probably never have enough of her to make her worth using.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Didnt get crabbed, got out with a IW yellow cover.

(I really need a blue)

Sindri
Nov 4, 2009
Opened up an 8th slot in PoorGoons, post in this thread if you apply~

Also Sillyman, drop us a line here or in the in-game chat if you still play at all, even occasionally -- it's not that I care about our Bejeweled metrics being down for Q2 or some other horseshit, but if you lost interest and someone else is still looking for a group to enjoy alliance content (the :airquote: amazing :airquote: 10*active members ISO reward for one, and oodles of tokens that you have to click individually to reveal the tasty Hawkeye/Yelena hidden inside!), might as well let them in instead.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Are you guys playing the S.H.I.E.L.D PVP event yet or waiting? I put a weak team out at the start and haven't played since, not sure whether to frenzy it in the last few hours or just start playing now and see where I get with daily play. I think I'll hit all progression rewards for season one just by playing the short tournaments.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
I got my crummy Loki covers, double checked if I needed them for the Loki tournament, then sold them. What I DIDN'T double check was if I needed them for this round of The Simulator, which of loving course you do!

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013
At the beginning of this simulator there were three three-star guys I didn't have: Falcon, Loki, and Ragnarok. So the people predicting Ragnarok for the next phase are probably right.

I got a Loki from the pvp event and within 20 minutes had like 6000 points more in the overall event. It's insane how much the essential stages are favored. I wish at the very least they would do three different characters so that you would at least have a chance to have one of them.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

Joshlemagne posted:

At the beginning of this simulator there were three three-star guys I didn't have: Falcon, Loki, and Ragnarok. So the people predicting Ragnarok for the next phase are probably right.

I got a Loki from the pvp event and within 20 minutes had like 6000 points more in the overall event. It's insane how much the essential stages are favored. I wish at the very least they would do three different characters so that you would at least have a chance to have one of them.

Well, they kinda do different characters; there's a different essential character every round of the simulator, so if you're only missing 1 you can still get a good overall score. The last one is probably the most important what with rubberbanding, though.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
I was starting to get crabbed too hard to make it to 1100 points for the Punisher cover, but then a standard token today gave me that last green Punisher I needed anyway. It seems like I never get anything major from the event tokens.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
One of our members left for greener (more consistently top 50) pastures so there's now a spot for someone in AgentsofGOON. We have been known to get top 100 covers when people aren't being burdens!

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Public Service Announcement:

Don't use Call the Storm against a team with Classic Storm unless its going to kill Storm. :downs:

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

gromdul posted:

Public Service Announcement:

Don't use Call the Storm against a team with Classic Storm unless its going to kill Storm. :downs:

This is pretty much what I do to get past Deadly nodes with only NPCs. Get hit by a rocket or Flamethrower, watch other team completely melt.
When it doesn't work is when I know their levels have gone too far.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Just had good/bad luck with my 10-pack of tokens from Season 1 rewards - two 4-star covers, an IM40, and a Ragnarok. The two-star covers were useful with the exception of a pair of Bullseyes. Good reward for a reasonable grind.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Just discovered that Loki only converts like 5 tiles over from the other team. I take back anything good I've ever said about him :mad:

E: vvv Approved you. Welcome to AgentsofGOON!

Snazzy Frocks fucked around with this message at 21:57 on May 3, 2014

Delpino
May 12, 2001
Forum Veteran
^^^ Thanks!

Snazzy Frocks posted:

One of our members left for greener (more consistently top 50) pastures so there's now a spot for someone in AgentsofGOON. We have been known to get top 100 covers when people aren't being burdens!

Applied under Eok. The girlfriend plays this obsessively so pretty sure I will hold my own and not be a burden!

Delpino fucked around with this message at 01:35 on May 4, 2014

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Bob Socko posted:

Just had good/bad luck with my 10-pack of tokens from Season 1 rewards - two 4-star covers, an IM40, and a Ragnarok. The two-star covers were useful with the exception of a pair of Bullseyes. Good reward for a reasonable grind.

4-star Wolvie, Invisible Woman, a Hulk I didn't need, three bag-men, and 4 **s I didn't have a use for.

So yeah, 4000 ISO.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

As for this tournament, I'm having fun with a "gag team" of Storm, Daken and Loki in the desert. I can clear teams of 141 guys, but die to a stiff breeze.

I say "gag" because I'm so easy to stomp that higher-leveled guys don't think twice. Logged in today to see a few -8 to -11s, and two guys who lost (I wish there were a way to see the team makeup of losses, I'm wondering if I chained them or they walked into Loki's black like idiots) giving me +30 each for a net boost. Then I crabbed all the guys who punched me.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Poops McGee, your friends are worried about you. Are you alive? :ohdear:

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
I love Ares. I just one-shotted a Thor with 26 green AP.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

gromdul posted:

I love Ares. I just one-shotted a Thor with 26 green AP.
I keep think about maxing my Ares for this exact reason. He's a pretty solid character, and is just annoying to fight against.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

Bruceski posted:

As for this tournament, I'm having fun with a "gag team" of Storm, Daken and Loki in the desert. I can clear teams of 141 guys, but die to a stiff breeze.

I say "gag" because I'm so easy to stomp that higher-leveled guys don't think twice. Logged in today to see a few -8 to -11s, and two guys who lost (I wish there were a way to see the team makeup of losses, I'm wondering if I chained them or they walked into Loki's black like idiots) giving me +30 each for a net boost. Then I crabbed all the guys who punched me.

I tried this against someone who attacked me. 141 Punisher and Steve Rogers, and 90 Loki to boot. Worked like a charm. The few turns he did get Daken tanked flawlessly.

E: Trying to hit 900 points. One step forward, two steps back. I breached it once but immediately dropped back. Made a go again, and lost 60 points. :ughh:

waffles beyond waffles fucked around with this message at 06:59 on May 4, 2014

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Bob Socko posted:

I keep think about maxing my Ares for this exact reason. He's a pretty solid character, and is just annoying to fight against.

Ares and Daken are the two, 2 stars that I avoid. I know I will be taking more damage than OBO can heal, in the best case senario.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

Helical Nightmares posted:

Ares and Daken are the two, 2 stars that I avoid. I know I will be taking more damage than OBO can heal, in the best case senario.

Huh. Ares doesn't bother me much; he's actually helped me out by giving me greens I needed on several occasions.

Then again, I'm using Spidey for heals; assuming I can get enough yellow together I can be pretty sure he'll bring me back to full.

Goldom
Feb 19, 2009

The governor has given a rats-alert advising people to stay in their homes.

Khanstant posted:

Wanted to give a bit more detail because I've been experimenting with this. I used to always start new events immediately, figuring that I'd get the first easy matches against the seed AIs. But if you're going for a high rank, it is way, WAY easier if you wait at least 24 hours in to play, because everyone trying to hit high progression has started grinding ASAP. By starting events a day later, I've been getting into the top 10 with 600-700, compared to having to hit at least 700 just to get top 50.

The downside is that because you have less time, huge progression scores become far harder to achieve. Because my current 2-star team can't handle the matches that occur post-700 anyway, I'm sticking with this method for now. But if you're trying to get that 1,100 reward or need to push your alliance rank up, starting earlier still seems like the better option.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Alright. I'm getting totally hosed this Loki tourney and I don't know why.

My Loki is lv 80. Usually I run max OBO and Thor or Bullseye and Punisher if the first two are dead.

Need advice.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

My Loki is lv 80. Usually I run max OBO and Thor or Bullseye and Punisher if the first two are dead.

Need advice.

Problems with offense or crabs? For offense I find that even if I field a good team I can lose from targeting the wrong guy first. Or picking fights I should've skipped for that matter, but my stable has reached the point that's not much of an issue.

Loki's problem is that he doen't synergize very well with anyone(except Patch in some cases), just adds some board churn if you're not using purple. And he eats black/purple instead of OBW for her double-hits. OBW/Thor is a good 2-star duo, who else you'd use really depends on who you have.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

Need advice.

If crabs are your problem, switching to a weaker team isn't a great idea; that weaker team becomes the defensive team that others fight.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Yup, it's Ragnarok for Round 3. Good thing I sold him 5 days ago!

There's also some new Doombot palette swap enemy. Who knew robots could be narcissistic?

HGH fucked around with this message at 17:06 on May 4, 2014

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
We have a spot open in AgentsOfGOON. Try-hard whales are appreciated. :v:

JBones
Aug 21, 2002

SynthOrange posted:

Okay, I suppose I'd better start maintaining a list of active goon alliances in the op. And uh, what the current size upgrade costs are? Post here or pm me to get your alliance in the op.

Pizza Dog 14/14 1500hp next upgrade
G.O.O.N. ? ?
Legion of Goon ? ?

Is there an updated list?

I hate to even mention this... but would it be worth shuffling around some memberships so we can have a whaley alliance with guaranteed no shame? I know Pizza Dog has started slipping a bit (especially because it looks like we have 3 members who don't play every day...or 1 in the last two weeks...I pointedly won't mention the name poops mcgee). And AGENTS_OF_GOON has their shameless tumor called snazzy frocks. Is there a way to make a best of both worlds?

e: there's an updated list in the OP...which I oddly enough had never read...good job, Synth...

JBones fucked around with this message at 19:05 on May 4, 2014

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
G.O.O.N. 17/18 next slot is 1900.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

JBones posted:

Is there an updated list?

I hate to even mention this... but would it be worth shuffling around some memberships so we can have a whaley alliance with guaranteed no shame? I know Pizza Dog has started slipping a bit (especially because it looks like we have 3 members who don't play every day...or 1 in the last two weeks...I pointedly won't mention the name poops mcgee). And AGENTS_OF_GOON has their shameless tumor called snazzy frocks. Is there a way to make a best of both worlds?

e: there's an updated list in the OP...which I oddly enough had never read...good job, Synth...

The slackers won. AgentsofGOON is free of my reign of shame terror.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Oh god the last Simulator node is Spiderman and it is the single most torturous thing I've had to endure so far. It's absolutely ridiculous. I'm glad he's stupidly rare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know

Snazzy Frocks posted:

The slackers won. AgentsofGOON is free of my reign of shame terror.

I was actually going to leave the alliance today to make room for more worthy Marvel Puzzle Quest Dark Reign e-athletes, but now I guess I don't have to :confused:

I'll still leave soon enough (again, only came back for the alliances and we know how that turned out :lol:) because gently caress this lovely funbalanced game.