Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PROTOSTORM!!!
Oct 24, 2010

Awesome Welles posted:

Valve please add Quake-style spinning weapons when people die, tia

Game changer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eyke
Oct 15, 2013

Man with a dream to have fun.

Jeoh posted:

WEBSITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

did i just jump in a time machine?

Just Horizontal
Jul 11, 2011

Eyke posted:

did i just jump in a time machine?

Nah, there's not enough flame and skull gifs of slightly different sizes, nor an inappropriately embedded background song.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
HOSTED BY GEOCITES *rotating gif*

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
I had a geocities site once. I'm pretty sure it was in the top 10 worst websites ever. Like a lime green background with bright yellow text, along with random clipart along the sides. God why did I make it look like that...

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010
1 match from gettin a rank. I am afraid to learn my fate...this match had unranked people and silver 2-4 in it. Who knows...how low i can sink...
in other news: if you get teamflashed, can you see the buy menu? other other news: can you repeatedly rebuy grenades? these are not related

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
You can rebuy grenades, but you can only have 1 deployed at a time. Pretty sure you have to wait for a smoke grenade to completely dissipate before you can buy another. Frags you can just straight up buy a second one though as soon as the first one blows up. I think..

Trollmann
May 1, 2014

WAMPA_STOMPA posted:

in other news: if you get teamflashed, can you see the buy menu? other other news: can you repeatedly rebuy grenades? these are not related
I don't think you can see the buy menu when flashed, but you could always write a buyscript to handle that for you.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Why would you need to see the buy menu after your teammates are released to teamflash you anyway though?

trunkh
Jan 31, 2011

NTT posted:

Why would you need to see the buy menu after your teammates are released to teamflash you anyway though?

He's probably trying to use the darker opacity filter on the buy menu to see through a flash sooner as a gimmick.

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^
http://www.twitch.tv/fatal1ty/c/4122233

lol at the guy calling

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

fuckin garbage trashcan team

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Every time I run around a corner reloading and get punished for it and then do the exact same thing next round

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
They should have an option for flashbangs to fade your screen black instead of white so that if you have a headache you can still play the game without wanting to gouge your eyes out.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

WAMPA_STOMPA posted:

1 match from gettin a rank. I am afraid to learn my fate...this match had unranked people and silver 2-4 in it. Who knows...how low i can sink...

You'll be better than my crew who all ranked into Silver III, made it to Nova 3-4, and are now back to Silver around win 80.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

this is some bad cs

This Jacket Is Me
Jan 29, 2009

a slime posted:

It is I, gifmaker

:thurman:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Fatal1ty FPS Champion ACES in CS:GO with Brutal Team Headshots, Insane Running Sprays and Vicious Body Blows

Burgo
Jun 1, 2008

its gotta be fatal1ty
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4WqNSJkylM

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I wish I never got out of bed this morning.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

You and kcer should co-write a rap for fifflaren

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

The Flying Fish posted:

Fatal1ty FPS Champion ACES in CS:GO with Brutal Team Headshots, Insane Running Sprays and Vicious Body Blows

Mods please change thread title

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

I wish I could unhear that rap, dear lord.

DareToSlack
Aug 24, 2006
I'm not gay, but $20 is $20.
Managed to sell my Stattrak Karambit last night for $320 cash (Moneypak, so there's no risk of chargeback). Found a middleman on SteamRep who was super helpful and walked us through how to do it safe. Had to fight off a ton of scammers before I found a legit buyer, though. Steam accounts impersonating middlemen seems to be the current favorite scam attempt.

That'll pay for a new videocard, which means that (combined with the CPU/Mobo/RAM I bought with gambling winnings recently) I won't be able to blame my poor play on my lovely FPS anymore. :saddowns:

DareToSlack fucked around with this message at 20:12 on May 5, 2014

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

DareToSlack posted:

Managed to sell my Stattrak Karambit last night for $320 cash (Moneypak, so there's no risk of chargeback). Found a middleman on SteamRep who was super helpful and walked us through how to do it safe. Had to fight off a ton of scammers before I found a legit buyer, though. Steam accounts impersonating middlemen seems to be the current favorite scam attempt.

That'll pay for a new videocard, which means that (combined with the CPU/Mobo/RAM I bought with gambling winnings recently) I won't be able to blame my lovely FPS on my poor play anymore. :saddowns:

What kind of ST Karambit?

In related news, sold my st huntsman for about ~350k worth of stuff after a few days of trying to get better offers. Apparently it's still not as cool as a karambit.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

whoknew posted:

In related news, sold my st huntsman for about ~350k worth of stuff after a few days of trying to get better offers.

Three hundred and fifty... thousand?! :staredog:

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

Beach Bum posted:

Three hundred and fifty... thousand?! :staredog:

keys ya dingus, so from 700-900 bucks or so

DareToSlack
Aug 24, 2006

whoknew posted:

Vanilla.

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

ah k not bad!

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

DareToSlack posted:

That'll pay for a new videocard, which means that (combined with the CPU/Mobo/RAM I bought with gambling winnings recently) I won't be able to blame my poor play on my lovely FPS anymore. :saddowns:
I'm intensely curious as to who the people are who are paying hundreds of dollars for skins. Are they like, trust fund teenagers? Poopsockers? Did you get any kind of sense about the person who bought it?

aborn
Jun 2, 2001

1, 2, woop! woop!

whoknew posted:

In related news, sold my st huntsman for about ~350k worth of stuff after a few days of trying to get better offers. Apparently it's still not as cool as a karambit.

Well done! How'd you go about it?

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

augustob posted:

Well done! How'd you go about it?

Basically just posted it on csgolounge and waited for the offers to come in, picked the highest one after a few days and then asked the guy to add more until he refused and did not get back to me within a day. Most people that were not lowballing offered around 250k. :P

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Oh the k stands for keys. That took me like 2 minutes. Looking forward to going back home and playing some CS at the end of the month. Also because I have nothing to bet after I drunkenly made some poor bets on CSGL at EMS. Worked my way up from like two penny worth Tek-9s to some stattrak blue junk then threw it all away :cry:

Also baffled by real money spend on knives and such, but they say a fool and his money are soon parted, right?

DareToSlack
Aug 24, 2006

dy. posted:

I'm intensely curious as to who the people are who are paying hundreds of dollars for skins. Are they like, trust fund teenagers? Poopsockers? Did you get any kind of sense about the person who bought it?

He seemed like a regular dude. Had a 10 year old Steam Account with a lot of CS hours but not a lot of other games. His inventory was pretty sparse, but while we were working out the trade it looks like he also picked up a ST Fire Serpent (MW). If CS is your hobby as opposed to games in general, it's really not expensive despite being somewhat time consuming and so I imagine he just has some play money and wanted to put it into something he spends a lot of time doing. We talked about Game of Thrones for a little bit while waiting for the middleman to get back from running an errand. He mentioned not having school on Mondays, if that gives an idea for age range. But in general he seemed normal.

Before him I talked to a guy who does a lot of cash trading and had a ton of rep, just because it would be safe to sell to him. He offered me $200, which was only $1.25 per key valuing the knife at 160k (which is a really good/low price for the knife, but was what I based my pricing on). He got really indignant when I told him I'd rather trade it for keys and sell those off for $2 a piece on Reddit and risk a few chargebacks. That dude was a total sperglord; he went pretty apeshit with a bunch of "You'll be SORRY!!!" messages. Wish I had saved the log, he got really high and mighty about himself and how everyone but him would rip me off.

a slime
Apr 11, 2005

The only good thing about this video is cl_righthand 0

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

whoknew posted:

Very nice. Buy me a Vulcan ak47 please.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

If a case drops for me I'll open it. Besides the ak redline I received once it's always blue. I can't imagine the mind gently caress of receiving a knife.

So is it best to sell stuff for keys? If I'm ok with having 300 bucks in my valve account is selling on the marketplace the way to go?

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
Just sell stuff on the marketplace. But if you have to trade with someone, keys pretty much have a fixed price so that's safe too.

DareToSlack
Aug 24, 2006

Social Animal posted:

If a case drops for me I'll open it. Besides the ak redline I received once it's always blue. I can't imagine the mind gently caress of receiving a knife.

So is it best to sell stuff for keys? If I'm ok with having 300 bucks in my valve account is selling on the marketplace the way to go?

You'll have a hard time trading low value items for keys. Feel free to sell those on the market. Anything more expensive, trade for keys. If there's a game that you want, check their steamcommunity trade forum, and just trade somebody keys for it. You don't have to worry about the 15% steam tax that way (and a lot of people will trade games at their best sales price in recent memory (or lower). Check steamprices.com and offer enough to cover the lowest they've got listed.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coleman
May 5, 2011

This just in: Beverly Hills 90210, Cleveland Browns 3.
Not sure if Nephyx still reads this thread (and I don't remember his SA username), but his account on Steam was probably hijacked, or he has a virus or something. Both kcer and I just received this message:

7:31 PM - nephyx: Hey if you play Clash of Clans and want the company of tryhards just apply to "Spergs of War" . If your ingame name is different than your steam name et me know who you are when you apply. We have plenty of slots but they will go quickly.

So I would imagine don't go giving out any crucial information to him, not that you smart CS:GO nerds would ever do that anyway.

• Locked thread