Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Hey, you guys accept ATV riders in here? I didn't see an ATV thread anywhere in here or AI proper. If there is one can I get a redirect? Or if there isn't and this is 2 wheel specific I guess I can make one in AI, no worries.

Anyway. I got a 2006 Honda TRX250EX for myself and a 2004 Suzuki LTZ250 for my nephew in November of last year. His was a Christmas present, I have no kids an I'm likely not going to have any, plus my sis and his dad split up and his dad is, uh, less than ideal on that front, so I've kind of stepped in to be there for the kid. He had a lil lovely automatic 110 that was nothing but problems, so I figured since he turned 13 it was time to make a man of him and teach him to switch gears. I hadn't had an ATV since I was a teenager with a 250 Honda trike, or rode one of my friends, so I was a bit rusty, too.

Well long story short I've been waiting until the NY winter broke, and yesterday I started getting things up and running. He still needs some safety gear and I'm dumb, so I dragged mine out, put some air in the tires and gave her a quick jump start. Ran rough at first and I had to be heavy with the choke, but once it warmed up it ran like a champ. I was worried about getting a 250 for myself as I figured it would be too slow for me, but goddamn is that thing a hoot. It only has a tuned pipe on it, but it sounds like holy hell and really rips. I'm actually impressed with it. It will break the tires loose on pavement (I know, that's dumb, I was just curious*) and will pull wheelies all day. The light weight I think makes it more fun than, say, a 450 would be, I can really toss it around and is controllable as all hell.

Don't have any pictures of them but if anyone cares I can snap some later this week.

*As part of the deal on the two quads I got about 24 tires, mostly rears with a few fronts, some of which are mounted on rims. The people I got them from were really particular, so if they got a puncture they replaced the tire and patched the damaged one. So some are literally brand new save for a patch, while some are worn and unpatched, but still useable in a pinch.

Seizure Meat fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Apr 20, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rotten
May 21, 2002

As a shadow I walk in the land of the dead
Just picked up an 02 WR250F for my first dirt bike (and it has a license plate!). Decent amount of regular motorcycle riding experience (I've had two), but this is my first time with the dirtier ones.
I'm up here in WA too, usually lots of time to go riding on the weekends now that snowboard season is pretty much done. Can't wait to get out on it.

What and where are the places to take this beast and not get yelled at?

Handcranked
Aug 17, 2013

Rotten posted:

Just picked up an 02 WR250F for my first dirt bike (and it has a license plate!). Decent amount of regular motorcycle riding experience (I've had two), but this is my first time with the dirtier ones.
I'm up here in WA too, usually lots of time to go riding on the weekends now that snowboard season is pretty much done. Can't wait to get out on it.

What and where are the places to take this beast and not get yelled at?

Good choice, it is really a fantastic starter bike, and the reliability is great too.
Be gentle with the kickstarter though, i have snapped the shaft two times, once, when i just got the bike and tried to start it, and the second time at a local enduro race, i let you figure out wich one sucked the most...

GI Joe jobs
Jun 25, 2005

🎅🤜🤛👷
Thumpertalk has a decent list of riding locations, but they're not all the same quality. Tahuya is one of the larger ORV parks on the west side with year-round access.
http://www.thumpertalk.com/where-to-ride/

The NMA has a summary of the larger ORV parks in the state, too:
http://www.nmaoffroad.org/page/show/288202-washington

You can also access a lot of private land through poker runs and harescrambles. NMA is one of the bigger organizers, but others pop up on the regional thumpertalk forum.

We can post in here next time we ride Tahuya, too.

kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010
Thank you for that. I found a few places within 20 miles from home that I haven't heard of or hadn't heard of in so long I had forgotten about. I sometimes get in a rut (haha) and just go to the same local places even if I'm bored with them.

blindjoe
Jan 10, 2001
I gave up on finding a 2 stroke and just bought an old xr200. They are small, familiar and cheap,so low effort.
It seems to be ok, but the kickstart swings around, hitting my leg when running.
What do I need to fix that? It looks like there should be a spring and a ball that keeps it in place. is that right?

Rotten
May 21, 2002

As a shadow I walk in the land of the dead

Handcranked posted:

Be gentle with the kickstarter though,

Already has an aftermarket on it probably for that very reason.

Thanks for the links Gullous, dunno if I'll be good enough to keep up but I'm down to try Tahuya.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Earlier this week I did my last ride prior to knee surgery (can't have any scratches on me or they won't cut me). Recorded this moment:

Frozen ground and mud make Anna spin out of control:

GI Joe jobs
Jun 25, 2005

🎅🤜🤛👷

VTNewb posted:

Earlier this week I did my last ride prior to knee surgery (can't have any scratches on me or they won't cut me). Recorded this moment:

Frozen ground and mud make Anna spin out of control:

Yikes, that must have happened fast, and her inside foot looks planted! Good luck with the surgery.

The local track cancelled because of rain this weekend.

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
Off road cup this past weekend, a 9 hour team endurance race. I didn't ride but did pit work and video stuff for 2 buddies who were iron manning it. Talk about dammnnn, they didn't skimp on terrain either. Rough rough stuff. Note my buddies vote of confidence in my at the first part of the vid, lol.

Look at the different terrain, some carnage, one ALLLMOST over the bars stoppy, and some "Don't pass in the chute dickhead!" video from the 9 hour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITvDlk0qJGA

Vork!Vork!Vork!
Apr 2, 2008

vork!vork!vork!vork!vork!vork!

Silver posted:

Off road cup this past weekend, a 9 hour team endurance race. I didn't ride but did pit work and video stuff for 2 buddies who were iron manning it. Talk about dammnnn, they didn't skimp on terrain either. Rough rough stuff. Note my buddies vote of confidence in my at the first part of the vid, lol.

Look at the different terrain, some carnage, one ALLLMOST over the bars stoppy, and some "Don't pass in the chute dickhead!" video from the 9 hour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITvDlk0qJGA

i was there bro, and yeah my C team did not do that well(12th in C class), we had NO IDEA it would be ALL ROCKS. we finished though

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

While I'm in bubble-boy mode before surgery I took some pictures of our track. Here's a nice fast hill climb.

XYLOPAGUS
Aug 23, 2006
--the creator of awesome--
Anybody here ride around the Houston area? A co-worker of mine took me out a few months back to a Motocross track in Conroe. I rode his YZ250. :stare: That thing absolutely ripped. He preached proper tuning (jetting for every race and sometimes between if the temperature changed) and this dude rode competitively at 50+ years old. Needless to say, I ate poo poo and was pretty wore out.

I'd be interested in tagging along with some noobs on my XR400R (or not noobs. but I'm a noob... so there's that). Woods riding or track riding. Just looking for an excuse to mount my dirt wheels/tires. :)

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
YZ250s don't need jetting messed with unless you're like some pro racer dude trying to get every last .1 hp. The 03+ YZ250 has a throttle position sensor in the carb and I rode it from 20F - 100F without any changes to jetting. You can probably find people to ride with on thumpertalk (warning they are fat/slow).

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Traded all my go karts for a 2007 KX85. Being 6'1" and 210lbs I am a tad bit too large for it but for the purpose of having my daughter follow me around while she rides her PW50, I think this will work well.

XYLOPAGUS
Aug 23, 2006
--the creator of awesome--

n8r posted:

YZ250s don't need jetting messed with unless you're like some pro racer dude trying to get every last .1 hp.

This.

kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010

EX250 Type R posted:

Traded all my go karts for a 2007 KX85. Being 6'1" and 210lbs I am a tad bit too large for it but for the purpose of having my daughter follow me around while she rides her PW50, I think this will work well.

If she rides anything like my 5 year old son you might want to follow her around at first. He's much more keen on the throttle than the brake.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
Yeah she is the same way. Goose it and roll to a stop every 10 feet, unless she is pointing at the house or the garage or the swing set or anything else that can cause an accident, then she just pins it wide open for as many yards as it takes to get there.

The throttle limiting screw doesn't let it adjust low enough to allow enough throttle to go on the lawn without allowing the same amount of throttle that will let her try to kool-aid man it through a wall.

But pain is a pretty good teacher right?

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!

Vork!Vork!Vork! posted:

i was there bro, and yeah my C team did not do that well(12th in C class), we had NO IDEA it would be ALL ROCKS. we finished though

Nice!! Yeah, all fresh cut trail, no one knew what it was going to be like. I pitted for two bro's who ran Iron Man in it and it pretty much kicked their rear end. I should have PM'ed you, I remembered afterwards that a goon was probably going to be there too. Watching the vid there were definitely a few sketch parts on the course too, looked fun though. But not for 9 effin hours fun. 12th ain't that bad, you have any mishaps? Buddy of mine is going to have to have knee surgery. Another blew his rear hub. 1 bro with 2 flats, another with a flat, another with almost broken wrist and another who almost dislocated his shoulder. Crazy stuff.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Silver posted:

Buddy of mine is going to have to have knee surgery. Another blew his rear hub. 1 bro with 2 flats, another with a flat, another with almost broken wrist and another who almost dislocated his shoulder. Crazy stuff.

Whaaaat

drat.

Vork!Vork!Vork!
Apr 2, 2008

Silver posted:

Nice!! Yeah, all fresh cut trail, no one knew what it was going to be like. I pitted for two bro's who ran Iron Man in it and it pretty much kicked their rear end. I should have PM'ed you, I remembered afterwards that a goon was probably going to be there too. Watching the vid there were definitely a few sketch parts on the course too, looked fun though. But not for 9 effin hours fun. 12th ain't that bad, you have any mishaps? Buddy of mine is going to have to have knee surgery. Another blew his rear hub. 1 bro with 2 flats, another with a flat, another with almost broken wrist and another who almost dislocated his shoulder. Crazy stuff.

My buddy had two flats, but other than that we were fine, except for the normal scratches and bruises. I did six laps and yeah I was slow. The some of the tight woods sections would just be entirely fist sized rocks and bigger, never really experienced rocks like that before. Plus all the up and down hill sections.

Handcranked
Aug 17, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtjxdSq6qPg

My friend had somewhat of an accident last week :)

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Do they award style points?

Covert Ops Wizard
Dec 27, 2006

Trials rider spotted.

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!

VTNewb posted:

Whaaaat

drat.

Vork!Vork!Vork! posted:

My buddy had two flats, but other than that we were fine, except for the normal scratches and bruises. I did six laps and yeah I was slow. The some of the tight woods sections would just be entirely fist sized rocks and bigger, never really experienced rocks like that before. Plus all the up and down hill sections.

Yeah I've watched the videos of it. Definitely rough terrain and loose rolly rocks like that are whoa and make you work extra hard. It definitely whooped up on a bunch of my bros. I wish I would have brought my big bike and snuck out for at least a lap or two, I doubt they would have noticed, but eh. I wasn't going to drop 50 bucks to iron man it as no way I was good for 9 hours of that stuff, and not good enough to actually team up with anyone so just hung out. Crazy course though, buddy was thrown, thinking it would be more wide open like a hare scramble but it was way more enduro worthy. Other buddies were saying they wouldn't even come there and free ride it was so nasty. Fun stuff! Next year I guess it'll be in MO from what I have heard.

Guni
Mar 11, 2010
Hey goons,

Wondering if anyone can help/offer advice etc:

Was casually (heh) riding along on my 2010 Husqy TE 250, go to change down from 4th to 3rd (was only doing about 60KM/h) and the bike stalls out, but the engine kicks back in (sort of let the clutch out at the time it stalled out), anywho, that's all cool, poo poo happens, but wait! About 20m down the road the bike completely stops (held the clutch in and immediately stopped).

I then try to electric start the bike and nothings happening - I can hear the battery/starter motor/whatever working, but absolutely nothing from the engine, keep trying for a couple of goes and it fires up! How weird is that? Oh, what's that? It stalls out again? ... that's very weird.

After that, I tried the kickstarter, holy gently caress it's seized...and the bike still hasn't been started...

I'm thinking the engine is seized?

Tbh, I'm pretty pissed - I ride the fucker hard, but it's always had oil changes + services + air filter cleaned often at the right intervals and such.

The real kick in the nuts? It's only done 1730KM...

Kony Kid
Mar 16, 2012

This is the wrong board to ask specific model tech questions... that said those husqy's have the worst reputation and what you described does not surprise me at all.

First I would verify if it is truely seized (prob not). If not, I suspect something like a fuel pump/injector/fuel filter.

Guni
Mar 11, 2010

Kony Kid posted:

This is the wrong board to ask specific model tech questions... that said those husqy's have the worst reputation and what you described does not surprise me at all.

First I would verify if it is truely seized (prob not). If not, I suspect something like a fuel pump/injector/fuel filter.

My apologies - just thought I'd ask in case someone here had the same sort of issue.

I wasn't aware Husqy's had a poor reputation for reliability - the more I think about it, I don't doubt it - this is the third time it's left me stranded in 1700km's. First was a coroded wire somewhere under the seat, the second the temp sensor poo poo itself and I had to wait for the bike to completely cool off before it'd start again.

Should have gotten a WR45OF like my dad, dangit!

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!

Guni posted:

I wasn't aware Husqy's had a poor reputation for reliability

Should have gotten a WR45OF like my dad, dangit!

Two of my bros got 2013 Husky TXC-R(?) 310's and pretty much hate them. Bolts falling out everywhere, some wire routing under the tank that was getting cut/burnt somehow, friend had one of the small radiator hoses pop off and blow steam everywhere (I know he has video of it too but won't post it, lame), and basically just always something going wrong with them. Pretty sure my one buddy is done with it and just going to get a YZ250-F and sell the 310. Funny as poo poo though because of the love hate relationship they have with those things, one day they're "HUSKY RULES, HUSKY BROS FOREVER OUR BIKES ROCK!" then give it a ride or race weekend and "gently caress THIS POS I'M SELLING IT HUNK OF JUNK" with the guy who was the second one to grab a 310 going "YOU TALKED ME INTO THIS, YOU OWE ME 6500 BUCKS, HATE THIS THING". Rinse, repeat. But now pretty sure one is def selling and grabbing a YZ250F to ride/race.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!
So it turns out I'm dumb and don't know how to ride a dirt bike. I have a cheap chinese 4-stroke 250 enduro that's got an appropriate level of power for me but my buddy convinced me to try his YZ250F.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHofqBu5jP4

I sprained my wrist and broke a bone in my hand although it doesn't look much like it in the video. Any good resources on where to learn how not to do this again?

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hey FedEx, how dare you deliver something before your "delivered by" time.

DrakeriderCa posted:

So it turns out I'm dumb and don't know how to ride a dirt bike. I have a cheap chinese 4-stroke 250 enduro that's got an appropriate level of power for me but my buddy convinced me to try his YZ250F.

I sprained my wrist and broke a bone in my hand although it doesn't look much like it in the video. Any good resources on where to learn how not to do this again?

That's probably a yz250, not a 250f. That's equivalent (basically) to a yz450f. My buddy did the exact same thing (but broke his leg) on a kx250. The riding position on motocross bikes is a lot farther forward than relaxed trail bikes (which is what your 250 is I'm guessing). Getting your weight up front helps keep the front down a bit. Google and youtube should have a ton of resources for you to learn some tips if you're going to be more serious about riding.

apatite
Dec 2, 2006

Got yer back, Jack

quote:

Any good resources on where to learn how not to do this again?

Your buddy might be kind of a dick for letting you ride his mx'er 250 2 stroke when you are used to a poo poo chinese 250 4 stroke. On the other side of the coin though you grabbed a handful of throttle on a 250 2 stroke when going over a rise so you are kind of a dick for breaking yourself on your buddy's bike.

Ride the chinese 250 4 stroke around off road a lot, ride tons and tons until you get to the point where you are riding really hard and at the limits of the chinese bike. Then get back on the YZ (if your buddy will let you)

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

apatite posted:

Your buddy might be kind of a dick for letting you ride his mx'er 250 2 stroke when you are used to a poo poo chinese 250 4 stroke. On the other side of the coin though you grabbed a handful of throttle on a 250 2 stroke when going over a rise so you are kind of a dick for breaking yourself on your buddy's bike.

Ride the chinese 250 4 stroke around off road a lot, ride tons and tons until you get to the point where you are riding really hard and at the limits of the chinese bike. Then get back on the YZ (if your buddy will let you)

We're both grownups so he knew what to expect. He thinks its all pretty hilarious, no harm done on a pretty soft fall. He's offered to let me ride it again any time, which I think constitutes some kind of neglect on his part.

I've been told a few times to bring my weight further forward, which will definitely help. I noticed on my bike as well that I'm having a hard time keeping my weight centered. When I get on the throttle, I start tipping back and I pull on the bars to get back up, which results in me twisting the throttle. Since I'm not balanced, I lose control and end up ripping off trail or bringing the front wheel up.

Any tips on how to stay balanced beyond keeping my weight forward? I've checked online but I haven't seen anything on grip - is there something specific I should be doing to avoid grabbing a handful of throttle if I've lost my balance?

apatite
Dec 2, 2006

Got yer back, Jack

DrakeriderCa posted:

We're both grownups so he knew what to expect. He thinks its all pretty hilarious, no harm done on a pretty soft fall. He's offered to let me ride it again any time, which I think constitutes some kind of neglect on his part.

I've been told a few times to bring my weight further forward, which will definitely help. I noticed on my bike as well that I'm having a hard time keeping my weight centered. When I get on the throttle, I start tipping back and I pull on the bars to get back up, which results in me twisting the throttle. Since I'm not balanced, I lose control and end up ripping off trail or bringing the front wheel up.

Any tips on how to stay balanced beyond keeping my weight forward? I've checked online but I haven't seen anything on grip - is there something specific I should be doing to avoid grabbing a handful of throttle if I've lost my balance?

You need to put more weight on the pegs with your feet. This will help you stay where you want to be on the bike, it almost sounds like you are saying you slip around on the seat with your rear end? Trials riders don't sit, they just stand on the pegs all the time. They also have the greatest demand imo with regards to constant and very drastic weight shifting to achieve the results they are looking for.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

apatite posted:

You need to put more weight on the pegs with your feet. This will help you stay where you want to be on the bike, it almost sounds like you are saying you slip around on the seat with your rear end? Trials riders don't sit, they just stand on the pegs all the time. They also have the greatest demand imo with regards to constant and very drastic weight shifting to achieve the results they are looking for.

Yeah, I spent too much time on my rear end. But even standing up, I had a few moments when I found myself back over the rear wheel. When I tried to stand back up, I pulled on the bars and opened the throttle up, which ended with me all over the place.

I'm thinking I should keep my knees more bent as well. That would make it easier to shift my weight when necessary. More practise will probably help me stop from rolling the throttle too.

Evil the Cat
Oct 18, 2001

make that shit sound like rock music!
Hi everyone, newb rider checking in!

Last year I spent like 30 hours riding a '13 KLX140L around my friends farm in Upstate NY and despite the bike being a bit awkward due to its size I had the most fun bippin' it around. So after a boring winter (browsed CA, read a couple dirtbike books, went to gym) I got back out there and with some helpful words of wisdom from my friends who don't even ride(mostly "fukk yea!!") got a 2013 YZ250. Its awesome and crazy and I've spent about 6 hours riding it around wet and muddy grass with the biggest grin I had on my face in years.

So what's a good website to shop for parts? I think I need a center stand and some hand guards for it.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar

Guni posted:

Hey goons,

Wondering if anyone can help/offer advice etc:

Was casually (heh) riding along on my 2010 Husqy TE 250, go to change down from 4th to 3rd (was only doing about 60KM/h) and the bike stalls out, but the engine kicks back in (sort of let the clutch out at the time it stalled out), anywho, that's all cool, poo poo happens, but wait! About 20m down the road the bike completely stops (held the clutch in and immediately stopped).

I then try to electric start the bike and nothings happening - I can hear the battery/starter motor/whatever working, but absolutely nothing from the engine, keep trying for a couple of goes and it fires up! How weird is that? Oh, what's that? It stalls out again? ... that's very weird.

After that, I tried the kickstarter, holy gently caress it's seized...and the bike still hasn't been started...

I'm thinking the engine is seized?

Tbh, I'm pretty pissed - I ride the fucker hard, but it's always had oil changes + services + air filter cleaned often at the right intervals and such.

The real kick in the nuts? It's only done 1730KM...

I don't remember where I argued recently about how 4T race motors don't like getting miles piled on them. This post would be a good I told you so.

DrakeriderCa posted:

Should use this post as the reason why you shouldn't buy a YZ250 as your first dirtbike...

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
In other shocking news, Husqvarnas are unreliable! The world stops for a moment to gasp and flutter their hands over their mouths!

Kony Kid
Mar 16, 2012

DrakeriderCa posted:

hahahahahaha classic whiskey throttle. Your video was doomed the second I saw street helmets. When I teach girls to ride my xr100 I always tell them to exaggerate the lean forward to prevent exactly your crash.

The fact that you know what happened is a good start. The solution should be pretty obvious... lean forward. You are stopping yourself from flying off the back of the bike only by the fact that you are holding onto the bars, this is totally wrong. Your arms should be loose and free to flap around. Use your feet and rear end, mostly your rear end, to stay on the seat. This means lean that upper body forward and push the rear end into the seat.

A lot of guys on this forum will tell you to weight the pegs. This is an advanced technique for very experienced riders. Do not worry about the pegs as much as keeping your butt into the seat. I would bet money 99% of the guys on this very forum can not properly weight the pegs on a dirt bike.

You will inevitably have to stand up while riding a proper dirt bike, so apply the same logic as when seated. Lean forward ALWAYS. you should never stand straight up, always be hunched over at the hips. Literally your arms should be dangling onto the bars.

Also to avoid looking like a total spode, please watch a professional supercross or motocross race and just study body position. You seem sharp enough to pick it up.

Z3n posted:

In other shocking news, Husqvarnas are unreliable! The world stops for a moment to gasp and flutter their hands over their mouths!

is this humor? I'm just kind of shocked your post is under 4000 words.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Kony Kid posted:

hahahahahaha classic whiskey throttle. Your video was doomed the second I saw street helmets. When I teach girls to ride my xr100 I always tell them to exaggerate the lean forward to prevent exactly your crash.

The fact that you know what happened is a good start. The solution should be pretty obvious... lean forward. You are stopping yourself from flying off the back of the bike only by the fact that you are holding onto the bars, this is totally wrong. Your arms should be loose and free to flap around. Use your feet and rear end, mostly your rear end, to stay on the seat. This means lean that upper body forward and push the rear end into the seat.

A lot of guys on this forum will tell you to weight the pegs. This is an advanced technique for very experienced riders. Do not worry about the pegs as much as keeping your butt into the seat. I would bet money 99% of the guys on this very forum can not properly weight the pegs on a dirt bike.

You will inevitably have to stand up while riding a proper dirt bike, so apply the same logic as when seated. Lean forward ALWAYS. you should never stand straight up, always be hunched over at the hips. Literally your arms should be dangling onto the bars.

Also to avoid looking like a total spode, please watch a professional supercross or motocross race and just study body position. You seem sharp enough to pick it up.

I figured I was doomed after I stalled it. Twice. :v:

Thanks for the feedback. I've watched a bunch of videos and read some articles today. I'll definitely try to fix that body position.