Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

USMC503 posted:

Pilot chat is explicitly banned.

As is the smug emoticon.

I want to decapitate my old CO. he was an f-16 pilot.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

USMC503
Jan 15, 2012

For satisfactory performance while under the effects of hostile enemy alcohol.

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

For now, you get e - decapitated.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

A long time ago I was told we could talk about whatever we wanted in our lounge thread. I guess we can only talk about murdering officers.

Murdering military officers or police officers? Because both if them probably need a good murdering.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Thump! posted:

Murdering military officers or police officers? Because both if them probably need a good murdering.

Both, obviously.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
murder everyone

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

and then murder yourself.

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

A long time ago I was told we could talk about whatever we wanted in our lounge thread. I guess we can only talk about murdering officers.

Not since GD American went away.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
The wisest, most inspiring and profound thing in the USMC thread to me has always been this: Kill everything and then kill yourselves

Wish I could say I came up with it

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

It was a joke probie for telling a blue squares story.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Full Battle Rattle posted:

The wisest, most inspiring and profound thing in the USMC thread to me has always been this: Kill everything and then kill yourselves

Wish I could say I came up with it

I'm happy to learn that quote has had such a deep impact in your life.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Whip Slagcheek posted:

It was a joke probie for telling a blue squares story.

What's a blue square?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Yeah, what is it about F-16 pilots? Every single one I've dealt with has been just the poster child for planned parenthood. They never stop whining except to tell everyone how loving amazing they are

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

What's a blue square?

An Air Force guy that would tell stories about his totally hot roommate and all of the crazy sex he had as an unemployed English major.
-
Anyway I'm out of here, back to making fun of pilots or whatever you guys do.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Booblord Zagats posted:

Yeah, what is it about F-16 pilots? Every single one I've dealt with has been just the poster child for planned parenthood. They never stop whining except to tell everyone how loving amazing they are

I loving hate pilots. I hate officers. I want to kill everything.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

I loving hate pilots. I hate officers. I want to kill everything.

Eh, I had very few problems with 53 and 46 pilots, the Cobra guys I knew were professional, Harrier guys are 50/50, either cool guys who just want to fly planes and leave you alone or assholes who think they're Mega super death Marine 9000. Marine Hornet guys were just frat boys with flat tops, Navy Hornet pilots were just little league dads and fantasy football players. All the F-15 guys I dealt with were California ANG so just Commercial pilots who wanted to spend some time flying something that wasn't an airborne Bus and the Strike Eagle guys were legit cool. C-130 guys were almost always quiet guys who just wanted to get hired by an airline soon.

But F-16 pilots were always loving assholes. And their chick pilots were always on the prowl to get offended at every little thing anyone else said or did and try to one up everyone they entered even the smallest conversation with. It just seemed like such a toxic community from the glimpses I would see from time to time

vains
May 26, 2004

FYI, this word is extremely gay in this context.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Whip Slagcheek posted:

An Air Force guy that would tell stories about his totally hot roommate and all of the crazy sex he had as an unemployed English major.
-
Anyway I'm out of here, back to making fun of pilots or whatever you guys do.

p sure he was navy.

Not that that behavior would be out of the question for a member of our fine United States Air Force.

Booblord Zagats posted:

Eh, I had very few problems with 53 and 46 pilots, the Cobra guys I knew were professional, Harrier guys are 50/50, either cool guys who just want to fly planes and leave you alone or assholes who think they're Mega super death Marine 9000. Marine Hornet guys were just frat boys with flat tops, Navy Hornet pilots were just little league dads and fantasy football players. All the F-15 guys I dealt with were California ANG so just Commercial pilots who wanted to spend some time flying something that wasn't an airborne Bus and the Strike Eagle guys were legit cool. C-130 guys were almost always quiet guys who just wanted to get hired by an airline soon.

But F-16 pilots were always loving assholes. And their chick pilots were always on the prowl to get offended at every little thing anyone else said or did and try to one up everyone they entered even the smallest conversation with. It just seemed like such a toxic community from the glimpses I would see from time to time

The light grey F-15 guys you dealt with were all ANG, so they were automatically chill by virtue of being Guard.

F-15C dudes on AD? Take your F-16 poo poo and crank it up to 10. F-22s? Crank it up to 100.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

FYI, this word is extremely gay in this context.

I was AirWing, I'm gay in almost every context anyhow

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

iyaayas01 posted:

Not that that behavior would be out of the question for a member of our fine United States Air Force.

They would've been rape stories.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

This osprey comes in to deliver this package and since the lz is outside our little base we send a squad out as security. They land, shove this box out then take off. When the dust clears that loving box is gone, and there is this old afghan man just pointing in a direction. Fucker got launched by the rotor wash. What was in it? Snacks for EOD, a huge box full of protein milk, doritos and whatever else they wanted it and it was now littered all over the canal this bitch got launched into.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

All the Marine Helo dudes I've met were chill as gently caress. gently caress fighter pilots though. Especially gently caress those Blue Angel motherfuckers

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Reverand maynard posted:

This osprey comes in to deliver this package and since the lz is outside our little base we send a squad out as security. They land, shove this box out then take off. When the dust clears that loving box is gone, and there is this old afghan man just pointing in a direction. Fucker got launched by the rotor wash. What was in it? Snacks for EOD, a huge box full of protein milk, doritos and whatever else they wanted it and it was now littered all over the canal this bitch got launched into.

Yeah rotor wash is no joke. I've been knocked flat on my face from a CASEVAC aircraft coming in too low. I thought one of my buddies was throwing me down or something but it was just the wind from the rotors.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
So I'm at the bus stop today, ear buds in, full volume, no eye contact, the usual.. and this guy with a camo bandana and surplus jacket (aka a bum :zombie:) walks up and is talking to me. I can't hear him, but he's definitely inside my personal space. I pull out an earbud and he's still talking.. "blahblahblah I WAS A MARINE! blahblahblah bus stop benches blah blah blah"

I'm not wearing anything that says USMC on it. I shaved this morning, but other than that I look like a regular disheveled college student.

The guy is holding a drawing out for me to look at. "Check this out man, it's Drew Cary with a mossberg! This kid over there drew it in like 5 minutes, isn't that wild?! I know a guy who does tattooos HUR HUR HUR blahblahblah"

I say, "Drew is looking pretty fit there, must be from his Marine days"

:zombie:"Drew Carey was a Marine? I didn't know that."

:siren::siren::siren: :crossarms: :siren::siren::siren:

"So in the Marines- what unit were you with?"

:zombie:"What MOS?"

"No, what unit, where were you stationed?"

:zombie:"Oh, Iraq, Afghanistan.."

"But what unit were you with?"

:zombie:"Fleet Maintenance"

"Fleet Maintenance? With the wing? What wing?"

:zombie:"82nd"

"82nd is army"

:zombie:"Artillery-whatwaitWho are you, man?"

"I'M A MARINE"

:zombie:"Well semper fi!"

That's right. I stopped an in-progress robbery of all-y'all's valor. YOU'RE WELCOME.

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

murder all nobles

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Hekk posted:

Yeah rotor wash is no joke. I've been knocked flat on my face from a CASEVAC aircraft coming in too low. I thought one of my buddies was throwing me down or something but it was just the wind from the rotors.

Whenever Southern California was burning down on a daily basis (wanna say 03ish) one of our pilots kept saying if the fires spread to near the base that he'd want to see if the prop wash from a CH-53 could be used to push the flames away.

In retrospect, itt was nice that they let a Make-A-Wish kid get through OCS and flight school

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

Hekk posted:

Figure an Osprey can take off at something like 50k lbs weight and has about 240 square feet of rotor swept area = at least 210 lbs / square foot of downforce. Obviously that doesn't translate straight to that force applied to the ground, but you still don't want to be standing under it. A UH-60 is about 140lbs/ft2 by the same math.

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...
yeah v-22 downwash is ridiculous.

http://youtu.be/eE7x4SZPGHI?t=1m53s

i guess using two linemen is standard practice so one doesn't get blown the gently caress around?

we did a class a case study on it in class one day, no poo poo one of them was a v-22 landed in tall grass, set it on fire, and then burned from the brush fire underneath it.

FiestaDePantalones
May 13, 2005

Kicked in the pants by TFLC
I used to do do externals with those all the time. It's actually pretty funny kneeling down behind someone as the osprey lifts up a load and watching the downwash roll them all the way out of the LZ.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Bob A Feet posted:

yeah v-22 downwash is ridiculous.

http://youtu.be/eE7x4SZPGHI?t=1m53s
They always look horrifyingly unstable in hover mode. Every time I see one take off or land, I always end up thinking, "bullshit, no way is he going to make it."

Bob A Feet posted:

a v-22 landed in tall grass, set it on fire, and then burned from the brush fire underneath it.
The best is when they decide to land one on the fastidiously maintained parade field and blowtorch giant holes in the Commander's nice green grass.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Fast roping out of them blows (no pun intended)

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Christoff posted:

Fast roping out of them blows (no pun intended)

Someone got a rifle jammed up his rear end. Muzzle down next time devil doc.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

http://imgur.com/a/xW3Up

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
THE NATION'S MOST DIFFICULT MILITARY TRAINING

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

loving kill yourself

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

LIMA OSCAR LIMA (if u dont get this ask yr gf's marine bf)

Deicide
Mar 22, 2004
Oh. How quaint.
Can i talk about how much civilians are terrible at their jobs in this thread or do I have to go to the vet thread

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Deicide posted:

Can i talk about how much civilians are terrible at their jobs in this thread or do I have to go to the vet thread

This thread is pretty much free from guidelines

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Deicide posted:

instead of crying about them here to some random dudes who dont give a gently caress, why dont you kill the people who hurt your feelings then kill yourself?

vains
May 26, 2004

Deicide posted:

Complain about dumb bullshit that no one cares about somewhere else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

instead of crying about them here to some random dudes who dont give a gently caress, why dont you kill the people who hurt your feelings post pictures on here and then kill yourself?

• Locked thread