Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
booshi
Aug 14, 2004

:tastykake:||||||||||:tastykake:
In Boston, Storrow Drive is a busy road that runs along the Charles, but has a lot of low overpasses because of the bridges that run over the river. Trucks hit the overpasses from time to time.

Two trucks today have already hit overpasses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

People used to drive around the boom gates when they got tired of waiting with inevitable results, so some countries have double gates now.

In Russia (where else) they apparently have some kind of badass trapdoors in addition to the barriers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCN135SdnBg&t=25s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_0_o1N9hBw

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Dunk Bot 3000 posted:

That's not even one of those awful trains that feel like they're 10 miles long, dude risked his life so he wouldn't have to wait 5 seconds. If he had just kept walking instead of running the train would've been gone by the time he got to the tracks what the gently caress.

I went to a college where the campus was bisected by freight train tracks, and of course my dorm was on one side and the dining hall was on the other. I would get SO MAD when I got stuck waiting for 87 tanks of corn syrup to pass by but it was never urgent enough to risk death. The engineers would get even madder when kids would run across the tracks in front of the train. You could hear them cussing at the "dumb motherfuckers". A few years after I left a kid tried to jump onto the train and ended up getting his leg run over.

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

64:3
Apologies if this has been posted before.
Here's a girl fight that ends pretty righteously:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cIkMfO5lo8&t=381s

Ein
Feb 27, 2002

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Of course the double gates won't stop a truly determined idiot from crossing when he's not supposed to ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hqz-hkYoA-Y

I especially like how nobody in the car gets out to check on the old geezer who just got knocked on his rear end by a train.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

betterinsodapop posted:

Cameraman: "You want to go back to my house? I have a first aid kit"

I don't think a first aid kit is going to help a concussion but hey whatever.

SybilVimes
Oct 29, 2011

Combo posted:

Cameraman: "You want to go back to my house? I have a first aid kit"

yes, I'm sure he's hitting on his sister. (and before you say 'but he said my house, not our house', yeah, my sister does that too, talks about 'my parents' when she's telling me something that my mum or dad did :shrug:

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

Hey man, don't poo poo talk the hillbilly first aid kit! There's probably a bottle of shine in there that'll help take the edge off that cranial trauma.

I didn't get the impression that they were siblings.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

SybilVimes posted:

yes, I'm sure he's hitting on his sister. (and before you say 'but he said my house, not our house', yeah, my sister does that too, talks about 'my parents' when she's telling me something that my mum or dad did :shrug:

What are you even on about?

tagelthebagel
Oct 23, 2008

SybilVimes posted:

You missed the point I think. Or made a whole new one...

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"

betterinsodapop posted:

Not sure of the context, but gonna side with the shovel wielder. It seems she was trying to go back in her house when the one in pink chased after her. Its always funny seeing teenagers film fights, cheering on the aggressor, then suddenly are are like silent and shocked when the tables get turned. It made a pretty sweet sound when she got bonked on the head too.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?
One of the comments is someone praising the shoveler for managing to throw the shovel and have it connect.
It's practically point blank range, if she'd kept hold of it it would've still hit.

The whole thing sounded really dumb, but I admit to laughing for a brief moment at the sound of it hitting her head. The potential brain trauma killed any amusement though.

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy

booshi posted:

In Boston, Storrow Drive is a busy road that runs along the Charles, but has a lot of low overpasses because of the bridges that run over the river. Trucks hit the overpasses from time to time.

College move-in and move-out weekends are prime times to watch for mass rental boxtruck suicide runs.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Shnag posted:

Not sure of the context, but gonna side with the shovel wielder. It seems she was trying to go back in her house when the one in pink chased after her. Its always funny seeing teenagers film fights, cheering on the aggressor, then suddenly are are like silent and shocked when the tables get turned. It made a pretty sweet sound when she got bonked on the head too.

It's like watching two aliens in human bodies figure out what fighting is all about with no previous knowledge of the concept of conflict.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
What kind of moron makes an eleven foot bridge anyways?

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

Shnag posted:

I felt bad for pink shirt girl. At one point, she tried to stop the fight "If you're done, we can be cool." Before the fight, the black shirt girl seemed like a nice girl too. What makes people do poo poo like this? They were fighting over a dude with dreads. Ugh.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

darkhand posted:

When our streets were laid, traffic didn't reach eleven feet tall.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

darkhand posted:

Remember, this is Boston, the city that brought us The Big Dig.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Teddybear posted:

When our streets were laid, traffic didn't reach eleven feet tall.

Also roads have a tendency to pile up on themselves over decades. At least in regions where seasons exist.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Scanning... TARGET ACQUIRED

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

"Storrowed" :v:

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

Mentos and Diet coke is dangerous, especially if you shut the cap on it and make it into a diet coke rocket.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Bucephalus posted:

"Storrowed" :v:

I'm still trying to figure out what the gently caress that means. Stowed? Borrowed?

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll

FrozenVent posted:

I'm still trying to figure out what the gently caress that means. Stowed? Borrowed?

A verb for what Storrow Drive does to your tall vehicle when you're a stupid baby moron.

TheFuzzyLumpkin
Sep 15, 2003

But you are a person, and I can't say I'm awfully fond of that.

darkhand posted:

Said the happy man who has never driven in the greater Boston area.

Low bridge heights are not even close to the worst of the problem. Everything here was designed for loving horse traffic.

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

TheFuzzyLumpkin posted:

Said the happy man who has never driven in the greater Boston area.

Low bridge heights are not even close to the worst of the problem. Everything here was designed for loving horse traffic.

Boston is what happens when you go from several hundred thousands horses cruising your streets to several hundred thousand cars cruising your streets.

Fun fact: The (number that I've forgotten) horses in New York city in 1898 produced around 2 million pounds of horse poop every day. Where did 2 million pounds of horse poo poo go every day? :shrug:

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
Newark

FlashBangBob
Jul 5, 2007

BLAM! Internet Found!
Poop is a good fertilizer.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Pretty Lady Blob posted:

Gus Frerotte did the same thing and probably would have hosed himself up like that if he wasn't wearing a helmet.

Still sprained his neck though.

He concussed himself, too.

gimpfarfar
Jan 25, 2006

It's time to play Spot the Looney!

Humphreys posted:

The catapult obviously looks fake, but drat drat it looks real when he hits the ground.

I went to the same VFX/Animation school as these guys. It was the final project of the guys in the video. Right after he went on to work with visual effects on films such as Thor, Man of Steel and John Carter. Fun fact!

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

booshi posted:

There's a train trestle in North Carolina where this happens enough that a guy started filming it. Check out his website.

The best part is when they put up a new sign and someone immediately smacks it. (e: Here's that one)

e2: VVVV :laffo: I wish there was sound to go with that, because I bet that guy's voice went about 2 octaves higher than he's normally capable of, yelling when Scream Mask Guy scares the gently caress out of him.

Fenrir has a new favorite as of 02:05 on May 6, 2014

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

A White Guy posted:

Fun fact: The (number that I've forgotten) horses in New York city in 1898 produced around 2 million pounds of horse poop every day. Where did 2 million pounds of horse poo poo go every day? :shrug:

Probably got dumped in the river.

I went tubing on the Hudson River way up north in the Adirondacks, where it's beautifully clear and pristine, and there was a little boy from New York City crying because he didn't want to get in the Hudson.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Fenrir posted:

e2: VVVV :laffo: I wish there was sound to go with that, because I bet that guy's voice went about 2 octaves higher than he's normally capable of, yelling when Scream Mask Guy scares the gently caress out of him.

I found a copy of the video but it doesn't have audio. :(

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

I found a copy of the video but it doesn't have audio. :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wx7Y27Gp-_A&t=19s

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

:laffo:

Yessss, it was just how I imagined.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

SybilVimes posted:

I have no idea how you got that out of "a first aid kit isn't going to help a concussion" but ok? Apparently I meant he was going to lure pink shirt to his house to rape her under the guise of first aid, who knew?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Anyone got a mirror of that video? Youtube ganked it.

Thanks!!
vvv

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 05:32 on May 6, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:

Anyone got a mirror of that video? Youtube ganked it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUHpXRlPtK4&t=19s

• Locked thread