Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eckertmania
May 11, 2007

"'Hey, a computer took your place, daddy.' That's hard times! That's hard times!"

Mr. Maltose posted:

It's not so much terrible as it is the world's dullest most boilerplate chili. Like, that is the baseline chili that all real chilis spring from via addition or subtraction.

The chili my mom would make when I was a kid was fried hamburger, two-three cans of chili beans, and a can of tomato juice. You want to talk to about dull, there you go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Eckertmania posted:

The chili my mom would make when I was a kid was fried hamburger, two-three cans of chili beans, and a can of tomato juice. You want to talk to about dull, there you go.

Being the son of a plumber don't buy you five star dinin', daddy :(

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
At least you got tomatoes. Have a friend who mixes "chilli beans" with ground beef and calls it good.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Pneumatic Wizard
Oct 9, 2012

Buglord

Amazing Spider-Man #287

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
Deadpool 26, Hitler travels forward in time to kill Nick Fury.

The entire Deadpool run should just be stuff they've "discovered" in the Marvel archives, they're the best issues by miles.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

Pneumatic Wizard posted:

Amazing Spider-Man #287

I like how he wore a mask over his other mask.

Servoret
Nov 8, 2009

smashpro1 posted:

I like how he wore a mask over his other mask.

Well, of course he did. He's Red Batman.

From some Waid/Samnee issue from the last Daredevil volume, via that Funny Comic Moments tumblr.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Mighty Avengers #25.

Spit take, bitch.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Ughhh I can't get over how they only did one drawing of reed.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Ignite Memories posted:

Buffering...

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Ignite Memories posted:

Everyone but the woman drinking soda being completely frozen looks really awful.

"ohhh snap" says the man in the green jacket, hissing through clenched teeth as he stares straight forward.

Elysiume fucked around with this message at 01:30 on May 4, 2014

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Stature is the only one that changes in those panels, and I don't hold it against them.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

And the writing is awful, too.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Lurdiak posted:

And the writing is awful, too.

Maybe Pym but that's classic rear end in a top hat Reed Richards.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Hank you're gonna hurt your eyes if you keep your nose pressed against the giant TV showing Reed's face.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Maybe Pym but that's classic rear end in a top hat Reed Richards.

What's the line, something like "I'd have done it myself but I don't have the two weeks to bring my knowledge of biology to your level"?

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

Legends of Red Sonja #5.

(and red sonja has been pretty drat good recently, I must say)

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

xarph posted:

Legends of Red Sonja #5.

Why is Volstagg in Red Sonja Land?

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

xarph posted:

Legends of Red Sonja #5.

My eyes! :psypop:

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Pilchenstein posted:

Deadpool 26, Hitler travels forward in time to kill Nick Fury.

The entire Deadpool run should just be stuff they've "discovered" in the Marvel archives, they're the best issues by miles.

While they are good breaks inbetween the regular issues they are by no means "miles better" than the rest of the series. The whole thing is just that good.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

goatface posted:

What's the line, something like "I'd have done it myself but I don't have the two weeks to bring my knowledge of biology to your level"?

Don't know the issue.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
If you didn't get yesterday's prologue to Future's End at FCBD, the entire thing is a funny panel which can be summed up quite simply:

STOP BUILDING KILLER SATELLITES, BRUCE!!

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Ensign_Ricky posted:

If you didn't get yesterday's prologue to Future's End at FCBD, the entire thing is a funny panel which can be summed up quite simply:

STOP BUILDING KILLER SATELLITES, BRUCE!!

Somebody repost Smoker-Bot 5000 John Constantine.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Archie, no context.
Sources unknown.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

My guess is "because I'm an insane technosorcerer" [FF#86]

(incidentally, this is the storyline where Doom's unmasked portrait is painted)

Ol' Blue Eyes prototypes the fastball special in FF#96

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

I'm sad we'll never get that Doom in any marvel movie.

Just concentrated :doom: + :spergin:

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Harper kicked out of chili cook-off after arriving wearing a shirt reading "ROY'S CHILI: IT'S DOPE"

Actually, according to the Archer, the secret is to add mushrooms.

Hal then proceeds to SEE SOME poo poo and loses control over his ring.

Finally, we learn:

Flash #226 backup, you can read the whole thing here: http://diversionsofthegroovykind.blogspot.com/2010/06/admiring-adams-powerless-power-ring.html

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Ollie Queen's secret to "wilderness" chili is to add the shittiest, stunted-est canned mushrooms possible.

You're not allowed to make chili any more, Queen.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
To be fair, Ollie probably meant wild, foraged mushrooms that you know aren't poisonous thanks to years living on a person less hellhole island. Hal, being dumber than a guacamole, grabbed a dented can out of the clearance aisle.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Wait, "a la Lantern"? Am I reading that wrong or did Hal just take credit for Ollie's lovely chili? Oh, never change Hal.

Also, wow at that woman's face.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Gorgeousest has entered my personal dictionary.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

AnonSpore posted:

Gorgeousest has entered my personal dictionary.

I was always amused by "causes WEIRDS to happen to people."

And TwoPair, I never noticed that "a la Lantern" bit. A la Lantern: "The secret ingredient is botulism!"

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Mr. Maltose posted:

To be fair, Ollie probably meant wild, foraged mushrooms that you know aren't poisonous thanks to years living on a person less hellhole island. Hal, being dumber than a guacamole, grabbed a dented can out of the clearance aisle.

Has that island origin thing always been part of Green Arrow's history, or are people just pushing it because of the live action show I can't be bothered to watch?

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Yes, it's always been his thing.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Lurdiak posted:

Has that island origin thing always been part of Green Arrow's history, or are people just pushing it because of the live action show I can't be bothered to watch?
Always.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Lurdiak posted:

You're missing out. Its really quite good.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lurdiak posted:

Originally he was just Batman with arrows. The island origin is old as balls but I don't think it was part of the original story.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

New Leaf posted:

You're missing out. Its really quite good.

Give it three episodes. I didn't like the first episode and totally wrote it off. But I went back to Netflix to watch it and now I'm hooked. It is not afraid to be a superhero show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

TwoPair posted:

Wait, "a la Lantern"? Am I reading that wrong or did Hal just take credit for Ollie's lovely chili? Oh, never change Hal.

Also, wow at that woman's face.

Maybe Ollie knew that Hal would take the credit and deliberately created weak-rear end chilli to make him look like a dick.

• Locked thread