Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Their original plan was the have a few weeks downtime going into closed beta so I guess I can't be too bummed out - imagine if they had that downtime and then ALSO had to take tournaments down for a while...

They keep proving the "Fans First" thing is no joke so that's cool, too bad so many of their fans are stupid screaming babbies - Blinkman please make sure Cory knows we aren't all bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Capitalism
Jul 28, 2009

Well, I'm glad the issue wasn't with their stuff, that makes me hopeful that it won't pop up again once they fix it. I'm still bummed that tournaments are still not up, but I'm sure they'll extend this week's draft tickets as well.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

I wouldn't have any issues with it, other than the fact that this is being done with 'live' items. I really wish they had hammered out exactly these sorts of bugs before releasing the KS rewards. Now in order do anything other than play with starter packs, I have to blow through my packs to get cards. That sucks.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

So... wait like 3 days? It's not the end of the world. Play some other games or something!

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I definitely want to start drafting asap but I've got things this weekend to occupy my time... I just need to start drafting those packs soon...

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

I was certain they'd be up Thursday morning because I work long hours on the weekends and wouldn't be able to play until Monday or Tuesday. But this has worked out better than expected.

Play starter matches. They were more fun than I was expecting. Since all the starters you own show up constructed on the deck list, you can even swap out decks between matches. The decks aren't very good, but pitting "not very good" versus "not very good" is entertaining. Decisions matter more because you don't have a ton of good cards to save you all the time.

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Also with the starters don't forget to socket those gems!

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
Yeah, I'm mainly just bummed because my wife will be out of town and I have a sick cat, so I'm going to be sitting around the house alone all weekend, and endless drafts would have been a fun way to spend the time. That's not really CZE's fault.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

WayAbvPar posted:

Yeah, he is making GBS threads up the forums, and has now taken to Twitter. Hopefully he will throw a poo poo fit and get his dumb rear end permabanned. Or maybe sterilization would be a better option for mankind.

I agree that person is an idiot, but when you click "buy platinum" within Hex it forwards you to a website that has an "earn platinum" option with the sponsor pay whatever. It just flat out shouldn't be there to begin with. I had no issues initially when they announced they were using Gameforge, but the "sign up for this to earn platinum" poo poo is pretty trashy and reserved for the lowest rung places on the internet... especially if it literally is a scam.

It seems very anti-Cryptozoic and I'm surprised it's something they tolerate and/or agreed to.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

I saw in game chat yesterday that apparently Hexrex said they hope to have tournaments up today. The hardware reconfiguration should be done at this point (Friday's update said it was scheduled for 1AM pacific/4am eastern), so hopefully once proper work hours start, they'll do some testing, see things are good, and open them up.

So, third hand knowledge into optimistic, best-case speculation post. Happy Monday everyone.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Go RV! posted:

I saw in game chat yesterday that apparently Hexrex said they hope to have tournaments up today. The hardware reconfiguration should be done at this point (Friday's update said it was scheduled for 1AM pacific/4am eastern), so hopefully once proper work hours start, they'll do some testing, see things are good, and open them up.

So, third hand knowledge into optimistic, best-case speculation post. Happy Monday everyone.

Yeah, I was there for the quote. His exact words were closer to "we hope to either have tournaments up Monday or an update Tuesday."

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Welp, I guess I'm super dumb, but I hadn't used the store/pack interface at all yet, decided to play around with it and I sure as hell didn't realise that clicking that little arrow would instantly open every pack in the stack. I guess I should be glad I only clicked the arrow next to my primal packs instead of my standard packs?

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

With the Pussy Snorkel, any man can be a dive master.

Hauki posted:

Welp, I guess I'm super dumb, but I hadn't used the store/pack interface at all yet, decided to play around with it and I sure as hell didn't realise that clicking that little arrow would instantly open every pack in the stack. I guess I should be glad I only clicked the arrow next to my primal packs instead of my standard packs?

It opens up to ten at a time.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
Yeah, you're not the only one to make that mistake though I think if you mouse-hover before clicking there's a warning. It only opens ten at a time, not your entire supply.

No real reason not to go ahead and open the primals though anyway. You can't draft with them. Only reason might be to wait and open them during a special event but the next one is likely GenCon which is in August and we might be seeing Set 2 by then.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
Whoa! There's no obvious hint that this arrows does that. Good thing I didn't just randomly start clicking things! :catstare:

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

There is a mouseover tooltip that tells you but by that time you've probably already clicked it.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Yeah, I'm really not sure why that's a thing. Luckily, I made that mistake back in Alpha, when it didn't matter at all.

I keep refreshing the forum, but there's no news on tournaments yet. They did just now extend the deadline on this week's draft ticket, though.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

cathead posted:

There is a mouseover tooltip that tells you but by that time you've probably already clicked it.
I moused over it first with a chest, there's no tooltip or explanation there, so I clicked that and it took me to the wheels of fate thing. That's when I clicked a primal pack to see what that would do~

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Go RV! posted:

Yeah, I'm really not sure why that's a thing. Luckily, I made that mistake back in Alpha, when it didn't matter at all.

I keep refreshing the forum, but there's no news on tournaments yet. They did just now extend the deadline on this week's draft ticket, though.

It makes sense if you're buying like 300 packs at a time and want to open the gently caress out of them. Otherwise you'd have to do each pack by hand and it could get really monotonous.

I think the best use of it is opening a bunch of primal packs all at once though then taking a screenshot.

Protip
Sep 24, 2002

I am the Walrus.

I know that accidentally opening 10 packs has happened to a lot of people and there are tons of requests to get at least a confirm dialogue added I'm if you do click on the arrow. I know I almost did it with regular packs once before knowing what it did.

In tournament news according to the Hex Twitter they've completed the hardware reconfiguration and have begun testing tournaments.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Protip posted:

I know that accidentally opening 10 packs has happened to a lot of people and there are tons of requests to get at least a confirm dialogue added I'm if you do click on the arrow. I know I almost did it with regular packs once before knowing what it did.

In tournament news according to the Hex Twitter they've completed the hardware reconfiguration and have begun testing tournaments.

I guess my only argument is that if you're going to include the same button in the interface for both chests and packs, they shouldn't have such radically different results when clicked.

Also a confirm would be fine if you had the option to like shift-click to bypass the confirmation.

Hauki fucked around with this message at 20:46 on May 5, 2014

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

It's likely on the long list of UI tweaks they need to make once they get all this tournament crap sorted out.

inklesspen
Oct 17, 2007

Here I am coming, with the good news of me, and you hate it. You can think only of the bell and how much I have it, and you are never the goose. I will run around with my bell as much as I want and you will make despair.
Buglord
Am I missing something, or is there literally nothing to do with chests right now besides roll on them (which costs gold (which I can't get due to no tournaments))?

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

inklesspen posted:

Am I missing something, or is there literally nothing to do with chests right now besides roll on them (which costs gold (which I can't get due to no tournaments))?

Nope, you got it.

The twitter said no eta yet, but they're looking at sooner rather than later for tournaments.

eatenmyeyes
Mar 29, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Has there been any indication of when trading will be supported?

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!
Assuming they stay on schedule, I'd say 2-3 weeks, as trading should come out around the same time as the AH, which was supposedly a month after beta launches, and they claim the tournament issues haven't slowed down AH work at all.

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

https://twitter.com/HexTCG/status/463482611856187392

Looks like there isn't going to be any news till tomorrow.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Thoom posted:

Assuming they stay on schedule, I'd say 2-3 weeks, as trading should come out around the same time as the AH, which was supposedly a month after beta launches, and they claim the tournament issues haven't slowed down AH work at all.

Yeah, because they have been right on schedule for everything so far.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

WayAbvPar posted:

Yeah, because they have been right on schedule for everything so far.

They actually have? When they actually give a release estimate, it's been fairly accurate. They're behind schedule in that they originally planned to have the game released by now, but when they say "such and such should be ready in X time/on Y date" it's happened. Hell, even the Kickstarter "estimated delivery date" was only a week off (est. delivery was September 2013, actual alpha release was October 8, 2013)

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Wow, so they extended the draft ticket time by like 3 weeks - even for the ones that were extended last week

I don't take it as a sign that they think Tournaments will take that long to get back up but I wonder if this will lead to draft queues being a little slow if people aren't forced into using their tickets

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!
I think that will probably be adequately compensated for by everybody being horribly draft-starved and anxious to play.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Thoom posted:

I think that will probably be adequately compensated for by everybody being horribly draft-starved and anxious to play.

Yeah, if anything I've just gotten more and more interested in the game the longer this draws out, largely because having an actual collection of cards means I have holes in that collection that I now want to fill. There probably will be a breaking point for that though; let's hope they get things up and running today.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
Drafts are up! For now. Let's hope the rush doesn't destroy the servers.

Captain Capitalism
Jul 28, 2009

I will explode the drafts as soon as I am able. I've got 4 tickets burning a hole in my account!

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Oh god it's like Christmas.

All Nines
Aug 12, 2011

Elves get all the nice things. Why can't I have a dinosaur?
Phew, got into a queue! I hope I somehow draft really well and crush everyone, because after reading the chat for about ten minutes I already hate a large portion of this game's player base.

gameday
Apr 29, 2006

Hungry for sport

All Nines posted:

Phew, got into a queue! I hope I somehow draft really well and crush everyone, because after reading the chat for about ten minutes I already hate a large portion of this game's player base.

Yeah, I'm ready for GoonGuild. But then hating other players is why I stopped playing Magic in person, too.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Is anyone in here going to be streaming drafts today?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

gameday posted:

Yeah, I'm ready for GoonGuild. But then hating other players is why I stopped playing Magic in person, too.

All the joy of a collectible trading card game, all the freedom of never having to look another person in the actual face. Truly a game made for goons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

gameday posted:

We don't have guild options yet do we?

• Locked thread