Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

tetsuo posted:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...on-9325430.html

Coloccini confirms he's staying at Newcastle next season. Have to say he hasn't been that impressive this season, but that's the whole team. If the off field distractions are over and he's back to form I'll be happy enough I suppose. One less player to ineptly try and replace in an off season where we need so many already.

I've got a feeling this summer is going to be like January 2013 where Ashley himself got involved to speed things up because transfers were so necessary. That and Kinnear isn't here at least which has got to help

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Ewar Woowar posted:

Tweet this to him someone

i did

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
http://twitter.com/DOMCHANT/status/463642390394593280/photo/1

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
im no good at twitter i sent it as a tweet rather than replying fs i missed a trick there

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Judging by the shirt that looks like the ramsey incident and he did get banned for 3 games. Your move

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Byolante posted:

Judging by the shirt that looks like the ramsey incident and he did get banned for 3 games. Your move

pretty sure he didn't get banned for crying op

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

stickyfngrdboy posted:

pretty sure he didn't get banned for crying op

It was a fair tackle the red was for his bitch tears

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
The Star is saying that Spurs want to poach Robbie Martinez and that Sherwood already has another job lined up for next season. A source close to forums poster Blue Screen Error is quoted as saying "he hopes its Norwich".

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Blue Screen Error posted:

The Star is saying that Spurs want to poach Robbie Martinez and that Sherwood already has another job lined up for next season. A source close to forums poster Blue Screen Error is quoted as saying "he hopes its Norwich".

I doubt Martinez will want to leave this summer until he realises he has no chance of replacing Lukaku or Delofeu. Cant see him going to Spurs though, there's been talk in the Spanish press about Barcelona, and I could see him getting the nod after the next election, whenever that is.

Idg why you want Sherwood bse, you're a good lad and I want your team to win things and Sherwood is dogshit!!

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
I was right about Poyet keeping Sunderland up and I'm right about Sherwood being a good manager.

On top of that after the dirge that Hughton put us through I hope I never see another defensive midfielder again and Sherwood will make that dream come true.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Howson and Fer sprinting box to box all game. The Championship won't know what's hit it.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

That draw has to clinch Manager of the Year for Pulis, surely?

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

Lemon posted:

Well it should certainly put paid to Rodgers getting it

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

Lemon posted:

I'd guess yes but I don't think it's that set in stone. Rodgers was the clear choice for 70% of the season, so it depends how long peoples memories are. What they've both done from where their teams were to where they are now is pretty special work. I saw that Pulis was ahead with the bookies even before last night though so I think the scale has tipped enough for him now.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
I'd give it to Pulis in all honesty. While 7th to 1st or 2nd is impressive, Crystal Palace looked done and dusted for a while.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Hoops posted:

I'd guess yes but I don't think it's that set in stone. Rodgers was the clear choice for 70% of the season, so it depends how long peoples memories are. What they've both done from where their teams were to where they are now is pretty special work. I saw that Pulis was ahead with the bookies even before last night though so I think the scale has tipped enough for him now.

It'd take a miracle (and two 4-0 scorelines) but I'd love for him to finish above Stoke.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

tbp posted:

I'd give it to Pulis in all honesty. While 7th to 1st or 2nd is impressive, Crystal Palace looked done and dusted for a while.

Inclined to agree tbh, with the caveat that if Rodgers gets third he be fired (subjunctive mood)

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Hoops posted:

Rodgers was the clear choice for 70% of the season,

No. Pulis has the second best defensive record, behind Chelsea, and only just conceded his first set piece. With a side dead last in the prem on 1st dec, I think he'll be the third manager to ever avoid the drop in that situation, and the first to finish higher than 17th.

You got loving ruined by Yannick Bolassie. Jason Puncheon has been on fire. What he's done with a team of mostly dreck has been far above what Rodgers would have achieved even if he won the league, for serious.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"
No Aguero on Wednesday :cripes:

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Total Meatlove posted:

It'd take a miracle (and two 4-0 scorelines) but I'd love for him to finish above Stoke.

I honestly would just laugh and laugh if he managed to finish above Stoke. The guy has done so much for my club I can't feel slighted no matter what he does.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Pulis leaving Stoke was fairly amicable wasn't it?

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

peanut- posted:

He is still mates with the owner yeah.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

peanut- posted:

Not that I remember, I think he felt he'd been pretty hard done by with getting sacked, and it seems like he was right.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
Ian Holloway and Pulis for joint manager of the year. Holloway for bringing in all of those great players and Pulis for getting them to perform.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

Hoops posted:

Not that I remember, I think he felt he'd been pretty hard done by with getting sacked, and it seems like he was right.

Stoke are doing fine without him. He was there for 7 years - it's possible for it to be the right time for a team to move in a different direction without it being an indictment of the current manager.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Ian Holloway and Pulis for joint manager of the year. Holloway for bringing in all of those great players and Pulis for getting them to perform.
Holloway for Championship manager of the year, imo.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

TheGoatFeeder posted:

Don't know why you're bothered, you haven't had Aguero for most of the season and you guys have been fine. Besides, Dzeko's in great form right now

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Hoops posted:

He went and talked to the owner's son who does the day to day running of the club now. The result of their discussions was that he and the son had different ideas on how to move the club forward and that he wasn't the right person to lead those changes. The result is that his contract wasn't extended and he went to do punditry for the new BT sport pregame show. At no point did he, the club, the fans or the players say they were unhappy with each other.

Except for meatwagon but he is a horrible git.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Also, I'm of the opinion that Pulis should be winning Manager of the Season and thought so even before last night's match. I think if Liverpool had won (or do win, I guess) the league, Rodgers would win it on principle, but I wouldn't necessarily agree with it considering everyone on the planet wrote off Palace for relegation at Christmas. What he's done there is really remarkable.

Xbox One
Apr 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 478 days!

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

Don't know why you're bothered, you haven't had Aguero for most of the season and you guys have been fine. Besides, Dzeko's in great form right now

Dzeko took a huge knock at the end of the last game, remember? He's lucky to be available.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Roberto Martinez sounds like a perfect fit for Spurs, imo.

Shroud
May 11, 2009

Hegay posted:

Roberto Martinez sounds like a perfect fit for Spurs, imo.

Made it to fourth, pipping Arsenal there, until bottling it at the end of the season, allowing Arsenal to reclaim their rightful, fourth-place slot. Yep, he'll do.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Xbox One posted:

Dzeko took a huge knock at the end of the last game, remember? He's lucky to be available.

Haha no he didn't.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Prediction: Man City will LOSE to West Ham and Liverpool will DRAW with Newcastle.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

TheGoatFeeder posted:

Dzkeo will salvage you.

Anybody predicting anything besides 2 comfortable victories for City now is deluded.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Shroud posted:

Made it to fourth, pipping Arsenal there, until bottling it at the end of the season, allowing Arsenal to reclaim their rightful, fourth-place slot. Yep, he'll do.

I'm also thinking in terms of the kind of players Tottenham has. He might be tempted because I don't see how Everton can do better next season. Maybe if they had gotten some of that sweet Champions League money but eh

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

Blue Screen Error posted:

I was right about Poyet keeping Sunderland up and I'm right about Sherwood being a good manager.

On top of that after the dirge that Hughton put us through I hope I never see another defensive midfielder again and Sherwood will make that dream come true.

Would you have Sherwood over Malky?

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Eric Cantonese posted:

Dzkeo will salvage you.

Anybody predicting anything besides 2 comfortable victories for City now is deluded.

Um excuse me I think you'll find City are huge bottlers because they once almost but didn't quite lose out on the title against QPR

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
Sherwood was already a nutcase and now he's going to have a chip on his shoulder. I'd definitely prefer Mackay.

I wonder what happens to van Wolfswinkel now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

Um excuse me I think you'll find City are huge bottlers because they once almost but didn't quite lose out on the title against QPR

Typical City!

• Locked thread