Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xbox One
Apr 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 478 days!

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

Haha no he didn't.

Um, did you watch the same game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"

chuggo is BACK posted:

Typical City!

Or 'City-itis', take your pick.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Starsnostars posted:

Would you have Sherwood over Malky?

I would be happy with either. Probably prefer Sherwood as I want to see attacking football and our youth prospects given a chance.

Eric Cantonese posted:

I wonder what happens to van Wolfswinkel now.

If he's got any bottle he'll stay and try to prove he's not a failure once the Hughton effect is gone, so its likely he'll be off to the Eredivise on loan.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Blue Screen Error posted:

I would be happy with either. Probably prefer Sherwood as I want to see attacking football and our youth prospects given a chance.

Malky doesn't have a good record for blooding youth players?

Xbox One
Apr 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 478 days!
Van Wolfswinkle was a huge clogger and single handedly killed my fantasy team during the first quarter of the season. Worse than Jozy IMHO.

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

Xbox One posted:

Van Wolfswinkle was a huge clogger and single handedly killed my fantasy team during the first quarter of the season. Worse than Jozy IMHO.

:sterv:

E: I do my fantasy team at the start of the year then leave it.

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007
Can't see what would be in it for Martinez to dump Everton for Spurs. Where's the benefit in trading one upper-middle side for another, pissing off the fans and getting a mercenary reputation?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

corpuscollossus posted:

Can't see what would be in it for Martinez to dump Everton for Spurs. Where's the benefit in trading one upper-middle side for another, pissing off the fans and getting a mercenary reputation?

He'll get to manage players who are expensive and poo poo instead of cheap and good.

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

corpuscollossus posted:

There's probably more potential in Spurs as a club and as a team. If they can get that 120m of shithouse players playing well together then they might be onto a winner. New stadium/redevelopment on the way too.

Levy's a bell end though though and I don't think Spurs is that big of a step up to justify the fuss it'll create.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

Um excuse me I think you'll find City are huge bottlers because they once almost but didn't quite lose out on the title against QPR

You're handling the draw well in this poster's opinion

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

corpuscollossus posted:

He got a mercenary reputation when he moved away from Swansea to Wigan, no? He's not all sugar and spice.

Spurs have more money, a better infrastructure, and more potential to grow in terms of transfer power. Everton's board are doing an admirable job keeping the club competitive, but they're locked with a stadium they can't cost-effectively refurnish and their revenue streams are close to being maxed out.

The job security at Everton would be greater, but unless certain other factors at the club change, it'd probably feel like running to stand still for a really ambitious manager.

Fooly Cooly 25
Jan 18, 2005

Todo lo tuyo ahora es MIO

As a Spurs supporter, I can't stress enough how poo poo Sherwood is at player management, tactics or in-game adjustments.

As for the youth movement, its a mixed bag. After unreasonably starting Bentaleb every game, poor dude hasn't played a game since March 30th, since apparently Sherwood thinks Chadli is a central midfielder. To my knowledge, he wasn't been seriously injured. Fryers hasn't been given any starts despite Danny Rose being absolute garbage for a while.

Sherwood is a very poor manager that clearly needs training and lower football experience if he wants to be an actual manager. He really needs to drop the attitude as well, it makes for good headlines but poor locker room support.

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

Also reminder that Everton have had one of the "best seasons they've ever had" this year according to pretty much everyone and Spurs have been slated almost everywhere for being garbage and poo poo... yet there's only 3 points between them in the league ATM.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Eric Cantonese posted:

He got a mercenary reputation when he moved away from Swansea to Wigan, no? He's not all sugar and spice.

At the time Wigan were the bigger, more successful club, and he had as much playing history with them as he did with us. No one should hold that move against him.

He'd have a lot more money to work with at Spurs, and if offered I think he'd take it, but he is all sugar and spice tyvm

edit: Don't tell other Swansea fans I said this, thanks

sassassin fucked around with this message at 16:00 on May 6, 2014

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Martinez would do even better at Tottenham than he has at Everton this year imo

That said, I honestly don't think he'd leave Everton after just one year. Plenty of teams came calling while he was at Wigan and he didn't budge.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/may/06/tottenham-apologise-tweet-mocking-liverpool

Tottenham says that their snarky tweet gloating about Liverpool's implosion was the work of hackers. I'm disappointed.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
Yeah course it was.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Fooly Cooly 25 posted:

As a Spurs supporter, I can't stress enough how poo poo Sherwood is at player management, tactics or in-game adjustments.

As for the youth movement, its a mixed bag. After unreasonably starting Bentaleb every game, poor dude hasn't played a game since March 30th, since apparently Sherwood thinks Chadli is a central midfielder. To my knowledge, he wasn't been seriously injured. Fryers hasn't been given any starts despite Danny Rose being absolute garbage for a while.

Sherwood is a very poor manager that clearly needs training and lower football experience if he wants to be an actual manager. He really needs to drop the attitude as well, it makes for good headlines but poor locker room support.

Yet he has a better win/points record than any other Spurs manager in the Prem, despite it not being his team, and having to deal with the shambolic errors of a mental goalie and defence.

What exactly were Spurs fans expecting from him? He took over a side AVB had playing boring football and made them fun to watch while getting ~2 points per game, its insane how everyone seems to think that makes him a joke manager.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Yet he has a better win/points record than any other Spurs manager in the Prem, despite it not being his team, and having to deal with the shambolic errors of a mental goalie and defence.

What exactly were Spurs fans expecting from him? He took over a side AVB had playing boring football and made them fun to watch while getting ~2 points per game, its insane how everyone seems to think that makes him a joke manager.

Spurs fans hate their managers BSE it's a thing they've always done. Sherwood has done really well for them since he took over but spurs fans are never happy for one reason or another.

It's making me lol that people are seriously suggesting Martinez would leave a club he is doing very well at, where he is adored, for a club where within months he'd be criticised by all and sundry.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Martinez will probably end up at Arsenal next if he stays at Everton which would be better than going to Spurs

Xbox One
Apr 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 478 days!

Eric Cantonese posted:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/may/06/tottenham-apologise-tweet-mocking-liverpool

Tottenham says that their snarky tweet gloating about Liverpool's implosion was the work of hackers. I'm disappointed.

Greg, my pre train posting was a result of hackers. Same with my recent posting.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

stickyfngrdboy posted:

Spurs fans hate their managers BSE it's a thing they've always done. Sherwood has done really well for them since he took over but spurs fans are never happy for one reason or another.

It's making me lol that people are seriously suggesting Martinez would leave a club he is doing very well at, where he is adored, for a club where within months he'd be criticised by all and sundry.

Self hating Spurs fans

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

Eric Cantonese posted:

If you can't see the funny side of the official Tottenham Hotspur twitter account ripping the piss then just go home and give up imo.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Eric Cantonese posted:

Dzkeo will salvage you.

Anybody predicting anything besides 2 comfortable victories for City now is deluded.

Getting the jinx in early I see.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

Moktaro posted:

Getting the jinx in early I see.

No. It's just the way of the world.

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

like watching the most beautiful ballerina on the best stage
I feel like City has been very good at being disappointing whenever the other title contenders slipped up this season, so I still think Liverpool has a good chance of winning.

Fooly Cooly 25
Jan 18, 2005

Todo lo tuyo ahora es MIO

Ah yes, "better win/points" total. You know who had that record? AVB. And look how well that went!
Sherwood has been lucky that Spurs have enough talent to beat/tie mediocre teams. He was fortunate Abeyabor was on fire since he was pissed (and has cooled down considerably) and that Erickson is good enough to overcome being played out of position. Watching Spurs play just shows a lack of organization plenty of FRAAB.

Dude, one of the main reasons the defense has been shambolic is BECAUSE of Sherwood. The moron doesn't employ defensive midfielders (despite having Sandro/Capuoe), has non-defensive Erickson playing on the right, further exposing Rose, and keeps playing the high line.

Lloris has been the team's best player and the reason Spurs haven't lost more games. He kept that West Ham game from being 6-0 last week. He's made mistakes but to dismiss him as "mental" is dumb.

Sherwood himself, has made things worse by acting like a child with temper tantrums, embarrassing the club and alienating players (hi Sandro).

To be fair, Sherwood shouldn't be appointed at all, due to him not being proper training and given the same problem AVB had, of having integrate 7 new players, most without any EPL experience. AVB should've finished the season imo, and then been replaced.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

Puseklepp posted:

I feel like City has been very good at being disappointing whenever the other title contenders slipped up this season, so I still think Liverpool has a good chance of winning.

I still hope it comes down to them needing to beat Newcastle on the last day, and we ruin it for them.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
Everton could continue to improve, they got rid of a lot of salary by letting Heitinga, Neville, Anichebe, Jelavic, Hitz and Fellaini leave. That combined with the profit from Fellaini and Anichebe and the new TV deal could see them spending some money.

Barry will probably join for cheap in the summer, and they can probably find someone to replace Lukaku's 14 goals and Delofeu's 9 starts and 15 sub appearances.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

If City screw up, it will be Chelsea who win the league and all their fans will be hilariously smug.

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug

Eric Cantonese posted:

If City screw up, it will be Chelsea who win the league and all their fans will be hilariously smug.

I think you're misreading the table. Chelsea are still 2 points behind Liverpool.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"

Eric Cantonese posted:

Don't think Chelsea can win the league can they?

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

TheGoatFeeder posted:

If Newcastle beat Liverpool, City lose and draw and Chelsea win their last match, Chelsea are league champions 2013/2014.

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug

TheGoatFeeder posted:

Liverpool and City would have to lose their remaining games. There are some even less likely scenarios involving draws and Chelsea overcoming large GDs, but I doubt they're even worth consideration.

e- correction, as mentioned above, City would have to get at most 1 point from 2 games.

Myssu
Sep 19, 2012

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Everton could continue to improve, they got rid of a lot of salary by letting Heitinga, Neville, Anichebe, Jelavic, Hitz and Fellaini leave. That combined with the profit from Fellaini and Anichebe and the new TV deal could see them spending some money.
Do you think they'd go for a Lukaku type presence on a permanent basis? When Chelsea don't want to play their best striker for a season you don't look a gift horse in the mouth, but maybe Martinez would prefer another quick tricky sort instead? I really don't know, what kind of strikers did he prefer at Wigan/Swansea?

Xbox One
Apr 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 478 days!
Michu to Everton and watch his form from last season come back, I'm cumming

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
I hope City win the league in identical fashion to 11/12. Draw their next game to tie it on points but with a massive goal difference advantage. On the final day they play like poo poo and are losing at home to some dross before an injury time equaliser and then AGUERRRRRRRRRRROOOOO.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Lot 49 posted:

I hope City win the league in identical fashion to 11/12. Draw their next game to tie it on points but with a massive goal difference advantage. On the final day they play like poo poo and are losing at home to some dross before scoring two goals in injury time.

martin tyler swore that it could never happen again and i believe him

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Lot 49 posted:

I hope City win the league in identical fashion to 11/12. Draw their next game to tie it on points but with a massive goal difference advantage. On the final day they play like poo poo and are losing at home to some dross before an injury time equaliser and then AGUERRRRRRRRRRROOOOO.

Yeah as if Aguero could make it to 90+4 of a game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

Lot 49 posted:

This but Dzeko.

• Locked thread