Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Champeenship
Oct 9, 2012
Slight correction, the Kirby TDX promotion for Europe ends on 12/6. All KDL2 codes must be redeemed by 13/7.

Sword and Soldiers HD has been given a May 22nd release on the EU eShop.

Brits can shell out for these Zelda and Metroid figurines on the UK online store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

MonkeyforaHead posted:

Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance is the loving stupidest name for a game I have ever

That's not even the dumbest Kingdom Hearts game name.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
You think the names are dumb wait until you play the game! WHEW what loving pieces of horse rear end poo poo. And the people that like the games?? Don't get me started on them wowww whooie.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Louisgod posted:

You think the names are dumb wait until you play the game! WHEW what loving pieces of horse rear end poo poo. And the people that like the games?? Don't get me started on them wowww whooie.

They're cool.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Louisgod hatin on Kingdom Hearts.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

elf help book posted:

They're cool.

Oh, poo poo. Well, I'm dumb.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Champeenship posted:

Brits can shell out for these Zelda and Metroid figurines on the UK online store.

Oh my god these are so expensive, I had no idea Nintendo would actually do something like this.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Emalde posted:

Oh my god these are so expensive, I had no idea Nintendo would actually do something like this.

gently caress me, you're not kidding. Up to 300 Pound Sterling. :stare:

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

univbee posted:

gently caress me, you're not kidding. Up to 300 Pound Sterling. :stare:

They cost more than any WiiU bundle does!

I bet they're selling better than the WiiU is :psyduck:

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

I've seen that model of Samus' spaceship in person and it looks atrocious. It resembles a Kinder Surprise figurine scaled up to 10 times size. The fact that it lights up also makes it look incredibly tacky. The rest of the statues look alright but are definitely not worth the asking price.

If you're going to buy any nerdy Nintendo merchandise buy the Figma statues. At least with those you can sort of pretend you're getting your money's worth. v:v:v

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

This is one of the zillion indie games that was supposed to be out months ago... I think the devs might be ex-Retro or ex-Rare or something? I forget. Game looks pretty okay!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oz4D8BeIfLc

EDIT: ex-Q-Games/Lionhead, I guess that's almost Rare.
I really like the look of this game. It reminds me of the NES, what with the limits on detail and the colour palette, but everything's all high res. I'd love to see other games try to ape this look.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

"Super Smash Bros for Wii U" and "Super Smash Bros for 3DS" are the kings of clunky titles incorporating the system name, and I'm still holding out hope there's a title change in the works.

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

When SEO just isn't enough.

Louisgod posted:

They also named the DS Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon, which can either be a reference to the fact that the 3DS takes SD cards in the SD card slot, or if you turn it around it's Dragon Shadow, which maybe refers to Developers System, and if you take Fire Emblem and mix the letters around it spells Rib Elf Em Me, which may be a hint as to what Nintendo will name their next console?? Makes you think.....

Everyone had better have imagined this like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3D97gwGlMFE

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Supercar Gautier posted:

"Super Smash Bros for Wii U" and "Super Smash Bros for 3DS" are the kings of clunky titles incorporating the system name, and I'm still holding out hope there's a title change in the works.

Maybe they could give a definitive name out to "X" first because it's getting really dumb calling it just X though it will likely just be called Xenoblade 2 or Xenoblade whatever

Immer
Aug 11, 2009

It's what they were born for.
They serve no other purpose in life.
Keep doing what you're doing.

Supercar Gautier posted:

Probably not so they can keep their Smash "4" pun.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
So the 3DS shop channel is telling me that Super Mario Kart is currently available as a Club Nintendo Reward, but Club Nintendo is telling me "This item is not currently available". Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

jivjov posted:

So the 3DS shop channel is telling me that Super Mario Kart is currently available as a Club Nintendo Reward, but Club Nintendo is telling me "This item is not currently available". Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Why would the 3DS tell you a game that is not playable on a 3DS is available on Club Nintendo? That's just silly.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Why would the 3DS tell you a game that is not playable on a 3DS is available on Club Nintendo? That's just silly.

No idea, it was just giving me a link to the trailer for it, and the little preview image on the top screen said "now available on Club Nintendo"

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
The double price mario golf on EU estore and lack of rune factory and SMT 4 make me very annoyed. I can only hope that some day someone will find a way around the blasted region lock.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
NOA has Wario Land 4 listed for release tomorrow. Happy?

Japan is getting FE7 next week, incidentally, so you can add that game to the queue. They got Pop'n Twinbee (SNES) this week, and that game's already been rated elsewhere, so expect to see it soon, too.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Japan is getting FE7 next week

I wonder why they skipped 6? (The first GBA one, with Roy from SSB2.)

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

less laughter posted:

I have no idea but I hope we get 7 soon in the US, such a good game.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

NOA has Wario Land 4 listed for release tomorrow. Happy?

It was one of the better games from the Ambassador Program, so good for them for putting it on priority. Of course, being an Ambassador title, that means a lot of people (myself included) already have it.

So, to answer your question, my happiness levels remain unchanged. Straight line, hovering somewhere between "Idle bemusement" and "Intermittent joy."

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

less laughter posted:

It's probably because they're fast-tracking games that can be released internationally (although "fast" may be pushing it).

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Brasseye posted:

The double price mario golf on EU estore and lack of rune factory and SMT 4 make me very annoyed. I can only hope that some day someone will find a way around the blasted region lock.

The best you have is a flashcart that gets around it and even allows you to play eShop only games, but only if you have early firmware and you're limited to 3DS and early 3DSXL models.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of May 8):

quote:

WII U eSHOP
    Abyss - €1.99 / £1.79
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Volleyball (NES, US ver.) - €4.99 / £3.49
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Trine 2: Director's Cut (Wii U eShop) - €8.49 / £6.99 until May 27
    Mario Kart 8/Super Mario Kart digital promotion - buy Super Mario Kart on the VC, get a €7.99 / £5.49 discount on Mario Kart 8! Starts May 30, ends June 30.

3DS eSHOP
    Denpa Men 3: Rise of Digi-Toll - €9.99 / £8.99
    Hidden Expedition Titanic - €11.99 / £10.79
    Jewel Quest 6: The Sapphire Dragon - €11.99 / £10.79
    Candy Match 3 - €7.99 / £7.19
3DS VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Clu Clu Land (NES) - €4.99 / £4.49
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Buy Mario Golf World Tour on the eShop, get Mario Golf (GBC) for free! (promo runs until May 29)
    Mario Golf World Tour DLC Season Pass - €11.99 / £10.79 until May 31
    Buy Kirby Triple Deluxe on the eShop, get Kirby's Dreamland 2 (GB) for free! (promo runs from May 15-June 16)
    Tappingo (3DS eShop) - €1.99 / £1.69 until May 15
    Darts Up! 3D (3DS eShop) - €0.99 / £0.89 until May 31

NA update (week of May 8):

quote:

WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Wario Land 4 (GBA) - $7.99
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Flowerworks HD: Follie's Adventure (Wii U) - $3.50 until March 15
    Trine 2: Director's Cut (Wii U eShop) - €$9 until May 27

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Gardening Mama 2: Forest Friends (demo)
3DS eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Denpa Men 3: Rise of Digi-Toll - $9.99
    Grinsia - $10.00
    Parking Star 3D - $2.99
3DS VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Mega Man II (Game Boy) - $3.99
    Mega Man III (Game Boy) - $3.99
DSiWARE
    Sokomania 2: Cool Job - 200 Points / $1.99
    Jewel Match - 500 Points / $4.99
    Jewel Quest 4 Heritage - 800 Points / $7.99
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Shin Megami Tensei 4 (3DS) - $29.99 until May 12
    Etrian Oddysey 4 (3DS) - "on sale" from May 12-19
    Etrian Oddysey Untold (3DS) - "on sale" from May 12-19
    Tappingo (3DS eShop) - $1.99 until May 15
CLUB NINTENDO DIGITAL REWARDS
    Art Academy: First Semester (DSiWare) - 200 Coins, available until May 11
    Aura-Aura Climber (DSiWare) - 100 Coins, available until May 11
    Balloon Fight (Wii U VC) - 200 Coins, available until May 11
    F-ZERO X (Wii VC) - 200 Coins, available until May 11
    Kirby's Pinball Land (3DS VC) - 150 Coins, available until May 11
    Mario Golf (Wii VC) - 250 Coins, available until May 11
    Super Mario World (Wii U VC) - 200 Coins, available until May 11
    Trajectile (DSiWare) - 200 Coins, available until May 11

The Etrian Odyssey sale prices aren't listed anywhere, but they've been on sale for $20 a few times, so I'm guessing that's the price.

Grinsia is a Nicalis port of an iOS JRPG by Kemco. It looks like an iOS RPG by Kemco.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Yes! I downloaded EO:U a few days ago and was holding off buying it on the slim hope it'd go on sale today. The last EO game I played was the first one and I'm loving Untold so far.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

does F-Zero Z work with the Wii Controller Pro? I don't have the Classic Controller, just the big brother of the Wii Classic Controller.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

MinibarMatchman posted:

does F-Zero Z work with the Wii Controller Pro? I don't have the Classic Controller, just the big brother of the Wii Classic Controller.

If you mean the Wii Classic Controller Pro, that works fine. If you mean the Wii U Controller Pro, then no. Basically, if you can plug it into the Wii Remote, it works.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

I watched the short little eShop video for that Grinsia game, and it was giving me a Phantasy Star 4 vibe, although that might've just been because the characters walking around the various locations felt almost c/ped from that game. In fact, a lot of the art assets seemed more than just a little inspired by Genesis and SNES RPGs. I wonder if anyone out there has bothered to preview/review it.

Shadow Ninja 64 fucked around with this message at 20:21 on May 9, 2014

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

I watched the short little eShop video for that Grinsia game, and it was giving me a Phantasy Star 4 vibe, although that might've just been because the characters walking around the various locations felt almost c/ped from that game. In fact, a lot of the art assets seemed more than just a little inspired by Genesis and SNES RPGs. I wonder if anyone out there has bothered to preview/review it.

Do not buy Kemco's mobile JRPGs. This is your warning.

They are awful little grinds with absolutely garbage stories that Kemco pumps out monthly. Unless you like skipping through all the bad dialog and holding down a button to attack because skills and magic either cost too much or do nothing worthwhile. I can't imagine any of this has changed for the 3DS version.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Oh, I wasn't going to buy it, I was just curious if someone out there has played it, really.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Oh, I wasn't going to buy it, I was just curious if someone out there has played it, really.

Let's put it this way, I have had the misfortune of trying something like three or four of their games. I could not tell you what ones they are since they are all the same. They even reuse a "ancient robot people" mythology... thing that is somehow super boring.

I just find it funny that you mentioned Phantasy Star IV, because I'm going through it for the first time and it's pretty drat awesome for a series I completely ignored as a kid.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
There are a lot of bug/glitch reports on Miiverse, including freeze glitches. That's our Nicalis!

Anyway, news! Renegade's Moon Chronicles will be released this coming Thursday in NA. The base game will be $8.99, no word on how much the additional episodes will cost.

http://joolswatsham.blogspot.com.au/2014/05/moon-chronicles-launching-on-nintendo.html

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
hearing all the DS = game name things, I fear for Dark Souls being put on the 3DS. So many dick things they could do on that game. No second Joystick, so you have to manually turn the 3DS. Gyroscope parrying. you have to kindle bonfires by blowing into the mic as a mini game.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Is the first Yoshi's Island the only good Yoshi's Island/Story game?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Spacebump posted:

Pretty much. I liked Story and the 3DS one isn't as bad as people say but they're both poo poo compared to the SNES one. Hopefully Yarn Yoshi is good.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Spacebump posted:

Pretty much. I got SOME enjoyment out of Yoshi's Story and Yoshi's Island DS, but don't feel terribly compelled to go back to them.

Yoshi Touch & Go is probably the second best game in the series.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Is Tappingo worth it at 2 bucks for a fan of Picross?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Spacebump posted:

There aren't any good Yoshi's Island games.