Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

various cheeses posted:

When Arya was like "I have one name left... the Hound." and the Hound glances over at her, my friend looked over at me and asked "is that guy the Hound?" completely straightfaced. I burst out laughing, but that quickly ended when I realized he was dead serious.

It is still beyond me how someone can watch a show and not know who the characters on screen are. Like, if you're not following the plot then what the gently caress are you doing? Waiting for the sexposition scenes in order to masturbate? If so, then you're probably spending your time better than me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

Iseeyouseemeseeyou posted:

So guys how about Asha's mission :lol:

uhh there is no character named "asha" on the hit show game of thrones

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

equity posted:

uhh there is no character named "asha" on the hit show game of thrones

Toyota Yaris Greyjoy. To keep the show watchers confusing her with Arya, if I remember right.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
For a second I thought the showrunners were gonna be cool and have Greyjoy's daughter off him for being so anti-Theon

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

syscall girl posted:

Toyota Yaris Greyjoy. To keep the show watchers confusing her with Arya, if I remember right.

Producer 1: "Hmmmm, Osha and Asha soumd a lot alike....maybe we should change it so we don't confuse people."

Producer 2: "How about Yara? No other character has a name evwn remotely similar to that!"

Audience: "We never see Theon's sister. Also where is that one girl that had the other kid and dog? Oh well!!! Can't wait to see more of Kelly C and Sersee!"

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
It came from Plenty of Fish:

Hunky Joe
Dec 21, 2005

I'll fight crime when I feel like it...

FrozenVent posted:

Clubbing Khaleesi in her pumps and mini skirt. Just how I remember the novels.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
In TWoW Dany will be faced with her greatest challenge yet: herpes

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
uh Drogon sweetie, you think you can roast this bump off for mommy?

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

uh Drogon sweetie, you think you can roast this bump off for mommy?

Drogon will be wanting a saddle real quick once he starts looking like he has Mr Olympia level bacne

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

FrozenVent posted:

Hey, let's not shame crossdressers. That dude looks fine.

DARPA
Apr 24, 2005
We know what happens to people who stay in the middle of the road. They get run over.

In TWoW Dany will be faced with her greatest challenge yet: herpes

Nothing burns the Mother of Dragons.

Ravel
Dec 23, 2009

There's no story
Maybe it's pronounced Oy-ron like Euler.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tea Bone posted:

After reading this I've decided the best end to the series will be the final episode of the show getting to the end of Dance With Dragons, then there's an up-beat epilogue set to Simple Mind's "Don't You Forget About Me" with freeze frames of each character and a brief summary of what they go on to do.

I really wish I had the free time to mock this up.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

syscall girl posted:

The old threads are gone. The great Kyankalysm of 2014 washed them away in a torrent of reddish-white poo poo.

Hope this is temporary. Just knowing the old threads were out there made me happy, like having the ashes of your ancestors in your house.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

kcroy posted:

Hope this is temporary. Just knowing the old threads were out there made me happy, like having the ashes of your ancestors in your house.

How will anyone know how I got my avatar (seriously: who bought my avatar?)

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

Kylaer posted:

What. All the archives are gone? Permanently? Fuuuuuuuck. Sorry, SaviorX, I don't have any of yours saved. And your The Wire stuff owned so hard :smith:

Oh snaps, I think I found all of them. Praise science!

Also, pronounce AE and EU like the greeks would, sheesh, they only gave us the alphabet.

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

He also cooks the food of his people

IRQ posted:

No it doesn't, get out show watcher.

Well how do you pronounce it?

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
Ah, Yara. She has a rape scene too, no wonder she reappears this season. Maybe they'll say this one was 'unintentional rape scene' as well.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

rypakal posted:

Well how do you pronounce it?

Probably like "are ya", as in "Are ya seriously pronouncing it that way?"

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Its been a while since I bitched about the show changing which side of Sandor's face is burned so I'm gonna do that. Why the gently caress? Its such an odd thing to change.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Dr. Video Games 0112 posted:

Ah, Yara. She has a rape scene too, no wonder she reappears this season. Maybe they'll say this one was 'unintentional rape scene' as well.

No, you see your honour, she enjoyed it so it wasn't rape at all!
:goonsay:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Aurain posted:

No, you see your honour, she enjoyed it so it wasn't rape at all!
:goonsay:

*remains stoney faced and just points to the short skirt marked as item 1

Judge: Not guilty!

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
Season 5 is going to be really fun when Dany has to deal with a rape amongst the unsullied

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Missandei is pregnant, and the father is... Grey Worm?!?

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

Urdnot Fire posted:

Missandei is pregnant, and the father is... Grey Worm?!?

has r'hllor's healing magic gone too far??

Jack the Stripper
Feb 9, 2014

Your local cheese loving, wooden shoes wearing drug addict.

Solice Kirsk posted:

Its been a while since I bitched about the show changing which side of Sandor's face is burned so I'm gonna do that. Why the gently caress? Its such an odd thing to change.

I think they want a new "burn" mold for his face every season to keep making it look more realistic. In that process the team probably makes a mistake and creates the mold for the wrong side of his face. Only thing I can imagine for the stupid mistake.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Dutchfool posted:

I think they want a new "burn" mold for his face every season to keep making it look more realistic. In that process the team probably makes a mistake and creates the mold for the wrong side of his face. Only thing I can imagine for the stupid mistake.

You and everyone involved in the make-up process would be fired long before that ended up on the screen of any TV show this side of Hey Dude!

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Maybe it's a different character :ohdear:

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Solice Kirsk posted:

You mean, the burn side changed between seasons of the show, or that it's different in the show than how it was described in the books?

Jack the Stripper
Feb 9, 2014

Your local cheese loving, wooden shoes wearing drug addict.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

You and everyone involved in the make-up process would be fired long before that ended up on the screen of any TV show this side of Hey Dude!

Hah, that's what I would do as a director, yes. But maybe d&d aren't that bad? I don't know. What would you say that's the cause of the dumb mistake?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I don't know why I threw a "you" in there. That was weird and mean.

I hadn't noticed it before but something like that would have an actual reason, I have absolutely no idea what it could be. Then again the fact that I didn't notice it means the reason could be slightly stupid but passable. Like the actor requested it or GRRM told them that side of the face has some significance later. Shows like this have very very well paid people walking around doing nothing but making sure the buttons on your shirt, your hair, your make-up, etc. match what they looked like last time you shot in it.

Edit: Actually now that I think about it what's more likely is that the image of a scene was flipped horizontally for a reason more important than keeping Sandors face burns consistent for however long it lasted.

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 18:26 on May 7, 2014

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Its the opposite side than what was described in the books. My guess is they just didn't care or its the actor's good side or something.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Maybe they actually found an actor with a hosed up face.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Aston posted:

Probably like "are ya", as in "Are ya seriously pronouncing it that way?"

Because that's the way it's pronounced.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

IRQ posted:

Because that's the way it's pronounced.

that makes no sense, it is a typical gurm single letter swap of "aria"

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Unfortunately, "are ya" is referenced a few times as the pronunciation in the books as one of her nicknames is Arya Underfoot, as in "are you underfoot?" So it's not really pronounced the same as aria.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

people call me jeffrey underfoot that makes no difference qed

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Unfortunately, "are ya" is referenced a few times as the pronunciation in the books as one of her nicknames is Arya Underfoot, as in "are you underfoot?" So it's not really pronounced the same as aria.
Where is it the pronunciation ever made that explicit in the books?

Thanks to Gurm, I now call my dumb dog Finnegan Underfoot because he is also always underfoot, but I don't pronounce "Finnegan" as "Are ya".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I think more of the actors in the show say "are ya" than "aria". I just popped a look at this season's premiere, the only episode where I know someone says her name, and Jaime definitely says "are ya". I distinctly remember Cat always saying "are ya" too.