Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robot_Rumpus
Apr 4, 2004

kimbo305 posted:

So you did delete them, just not autonomously?

I love Benny.

I didn't delete them, I deleted them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006
It's amazing. Benny literally cannot stop himself from lying.

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.

Robot_Rumpus posted:

I love Benny.

I didn't delete them, I deleted them.
I'm guessing he means he removed them from public view, but they're still on eBay in draft mode or whatever.

Winnie the Shit
Dec 25, 2005

the cat came back
You can end a listing and it's still under the unsold section. You can relist from there in about 5 seconds. I don't think that counts as deleted.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Yeah, I mean it's further evidence (as if we needed any) that Benny is not the world's most adept communicator, but it doesn't sound like he's lying at all. More to the point, he's following his management's direction rather than deciding he knows better, which is genuine progress.

Though I am growing less and less confident in the idea that his management are actually skilled professionals as time goes on. And I say that as someone starting at a baseline of "flipping Asian goods on eBay and Amazon might not be the soundest business plan ever".

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

dreaming of that face again

it's bright and blue and shimmering

grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

docbeard posted:

And I say that as someone starting at a baseline of "flipping Asian goods on eBay and Amazon might not be the soundest business plan ever".

Apparently it's going well enough if they can hire someone part-time to do the actual flipping for them :shrug:

booshi
Aug 14, 2004

:tastykake:||||||||||:tastykake:
Wait Benny you still believe that you are a) capable of getting into a Master's program, b) capable of paying for the program, and c) going to take something that actually matters?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
$20 on this being just some low grade laundering operation and Benny's just so dense that they recognized he'd never get hip to it

almightyerin
Apr 16, 2007

The one the only. Accept no substitutes.
How's your stomach? You ought to see a doctor if it keeps up. Might be a tumor or something, you never know.

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

Jonny 290 posted:

$20 on this being just some low grade laundering operation and Benny's just so dense that they recognized he'd never get hip to it
So the DEA kicked in the door at work today...

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Wolfy posted:

So the DEA kicked in the door at work today...

"They told me to put my hands on my head, but having done all sorts of stuff in my life, I decided it would work better if I put them in my jacket pockets instead..."

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

And twenty years later we'll all be reminiscing about how nice shopping carts were before Homeland Security made them illegal in the weeks following The Incident.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Spiteski posted:

"They told me to put my hands on my head, but having done all sorts of stuff in my life, I decided it would work better if I put them in my jacket pockets instead..."

...to pull out my emergency shopping cart. It's hard to wield, but useful in a pinch such as this.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
Goddamnit, Benny, now it's illegal to take a shopping cart on an airplane. THIS IS WHAT YOU'VE DONE TO AMERICA, BENNY.

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004
I don't care about any of this. I love when Benny posts because it's always completely stupid and almost nonsensical. This hasn't changed for a year and a half now. I love this thread.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
Hey guys. Last week was fine. I've been making steady sales and now my manager is having me liquidate returns on Craigslist. But right now, I have to see a dentist badly. I have two, maybe three cavities. It's been five years since I saw a dentist. I've heard that dental schools offer the same services as a proper dentist at a lower price so I'm going to call a local school and ask what kind of services they offer.

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004
Benny my last post was mean and I'm sorry.

Sounds like the job is going well and I'm glad to hear that. Hope you're enjoying employment. Thanks for keeping us updated.

Fugue Stater
Oct 17, 2012

Benny the Snake posted:

Hey guys. Last week was fine. I've been making steady sales and now my manager is having me liquidate returns on Craigslist. But right now, I have to see a dentist badly. I have two, maybe three cavities. It's been five years since I saw a dentist. I've heard that dental schools offer the same services as a proper dentist at a lower price so I'm going to call a local school and ask what kind of services they offer.

Ouch. I do think that's your best bet, though.

As someone who was abroad for a few years and didn't see the dentist, I can relate. After $10,000+ of dental bills when I got back, I now see the light: do your cleaning and check-up twice a year, everyone! Sure, it's a bit of a pain in the rear end, but it costs SOOOO much less in the long run.

Uncle Salty
Jan 19, 2008
BOYS
Hello, yes, another old person who learned this lesson the expensive and painful way! I thought flossing and brushing and avoiding soda was enough. Guess what! It's not. Prioritizing your physical health is smart, Benny.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Benny the Snake posted:

What is your insurance situation? Are you insured through work, or can you jump on a parent's insurance?

Yes, definitely see a dentist. 5 years is far too long. Last time I went 2 years (only 2!) without seeing a dentist and then finally saw mine because I felt a cavity, it turned out that I'd somehow managed to get 11. 11 loving cavities in 2 years, all because I like to squirt a little bit of lemon juice in my water when I drink it and apparently have teeth made out of chalk.

That is of course a nightmare situation also predicated by seriously poo poo genetics, but there ya go. Just because you don't feel something wrong doesn't mean something isn't.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
I don't have insurance yet. Medi-Cal takes a very, very long time. During my lunch break today, I called several dentist offices in my area and a local dentist school. I found an office that charges $35 for the checkup (x-rays and cleaning) and they gave me a ballpark figure of around $50-120 for fillings, which is cheaper than the quotes I got from the school. My appointment is set for 3:30 on Wednesday. I'm going to talk to my manager tomorrow and explain that I'll have to leave an hour early the next day to make it to my appointment.

EDIT: the office accepts Medi-Cal, so hopefully my insurance comes in before my appointment.

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

dude, you work 30 hours a week, you should be able to work around your work schedule. ugh, BENNY

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Benny the Snake posted:

I don't have insurance yet. Medi-Cal takes a very, very long time. During my lunch break today, I called several dentist offices in my area and a local dentist school. I found an office that charges $35 for the checkup (x-rays and cleaning) and they gave me a ballpark figure of around $50-120 for fillings, which is cheaper than the quotes I got from the school. My appointment is set for 3:30 on Wednesday. I'm going to talk to my manager tomorrow and explain that I'll have to leave an hour early the next day to make it to my appointment.

EDIT: the office accepts Medi-Cal, so hopefully my insurance comes in before my appointment.

Research that office on review sites. There are lovely, shady dentists all over, and sometimes they have very low rates to attract more patients. They're not automatically shady due to lower rates, but I would definitely check Yelp and the google reviews that come up when you google them.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

oval office raja posted:

Research that office on review sites. There are lovely, shady dentists all over, and sometimes they have very low rates to attract more patients. They're not automatically shady due to lower rates, but I would definitely check Yelp and the google reviews that come up when you google them.

Yeah 35 sounds way too cheap for a cleaning and a dr. Check. I think I pay four times that. But maybe I'm getting ripped off.

almightyerin
Apr 16, 2007

The one the only. Accept no substitutes.
I was going to suggest calling around because sometimes you can find local dentists cheaper than the schools and saw this...

Benny the Snake posted:

I'm so proud of you I could bust.

Edit: I'm serious. I'll even defend leaving out of work early because he may not have been able to get a better appointment soon enough.

almightyerin fucked around with this message at 12:17 on May 6, 2014

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

What sucks is you're in a tough spot: cheap dental care is likely awful dental care, but you can't afford better. Really try to find a School. They'll do a great job.

Foyes36
Oct 23, 2005

Food fight!
I'm a researcher at a dental school, and I get my teeth cleaned/checked there by a friend of mine. They do a good and thorough job. I have dental insurance though, so I guess I don't know how fair the price is.

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

When I was in grad school I got a lot of work done at a dental school. They did a nice job.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
I talked to my manager and he said it's okay that I leave an hour early tomorrow for my appointment. Right now I feel like I might need three or four fillings. The entire right side of my jaw hurts. I don't know if it's because my bottom wisdom teeth haven't grown in yet or not. I hope not. I've heard how to get ingrown wisdom teeth out, a dentist needs to cut through the gums and yank out the tooth. It sounds painful and expensive. I'm going to call Medi-Cal tomorrow as well and see if I'm a member yet or not.

We had a meeting today and I've been given new duties. Now I'm in charge making and maintaining listings on eBay, handling, inspecting, and processing returns, and posting them on Craigslist to turn a quick profit and clear space in the back. We have a lot of returns in the back and it's now my job to clear them out. I've made three CL sales so far and about 20 sales on eBay. The weekend was a huge boost in sales.

EDIT: I think I might have a cavity in my back wisdom tooth. If it hasn't grown out yet, is it still possible to get a filling in there, or would they have to pull it out?

Benny the Snake fucked around with this message at 06:45 on May 7, 2014

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
Is the change in duties an increase in responsibility or a decrease in responsibility? It sounds like it's an increase in responsibilities? That sounds promising!

CravingSolace
Mar 3, 2012

Benny the Snake posted:

I talked to my manager and he said it's okay that I leave an hour early tomorrow for my appointment. Right now I feel like I might need three or four fillings. The entire right side of my jaw hurts. I don't know if it's because my bottom wisdom teeth haven't grown in yet or not. I hope not. I've heard how to get ingrown wisdom teeth out, a dentist needs to cut through the gums and yank out the tooth. It sounds painful and expensive. I'm going to call Medi-Cal tomorrow as well and see if I'm a member yet or not.

We had a meeting today and I've been given new duties. Now I'm in charge making and maintaining listings on eBay, handling, inspecting, and processing returns, and posting them on Craigslist to turn a quick profit and clear space in the back. We have a lot of returns in the back and it's now my job to clear them out. I've made three CL sales so far and about 20 sales on eBay. The weekend was a huge boost in sales.

EDIT: I think I might have a cavity in my back wisdom tooth. If it hasn't grown in yet, is it still possible to get a filling in there, or would they have to pull it out?

Do you mean the tooth hasn't broken through the gum? Because in that case, how on earth would they fill it?

If you have an impacted tooth, it's going to need to be pulled.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

CravingSolace posted:

Do you mean the tooth hasn't broken through the gum? Because in that case, how on earth would they fill it?

It could just be pain from the tooth trying to get through the gum. I've had that happen to me with some of my wisdom teeth, and the solution was to simply excise the gum tissue to help the process along.

CellarDweller
Jan 19, 2014

Down In The Pit... There's It!

Benny the Snake posted:

EDIT: I think I might have a cavity in my back wisdom tooth. If it hasn't grown in yet, is it still possible to get a filling in there, or would they have to pull it out?

Getting your wisdom teeth pulled really is not that bad, they give you prescription painkillers. If it comes to that don't worry about being in crippling pain or anything. As for expensive the reality is if you have to have it done you have to have it done.

Sounds like work is going alright for you Benny, please keep it up.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

CravingSolace posted:

After looking it up, I'm pretty sure that it might be impacted. It's broken through the gums enough to where food can get trapped in it. Whatever it is, it hurts.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

CellarDweller posted:

Getting your wisdom teeth pulled really is not that bad, they give you prescription painkillers. If it comes to that don't worry about being in crippling pain or anything. As for expensive the reality is if you have to have it done you have to have it done.

Sounds like work is going alright for you Benny, please keep it up.

Unless you have dry socket in which case you're completely hosed

snortpocket
Apr 27, 2004

Oh... my podcast... it's so good... ungh.... it's the best.... podcast ever.... oh god.... UNNNGGGGGHHHH
Tie one end of a piece of string to your tooth and the other end to a shopping cart

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Im going to be cautiously optimistic.
Keep taking it a step at a time (do get your teeth fixed though) and youll get there. The job thing sounds like a positive thing, If only for your resume.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
Yeah if food gets stuck back there, absolutely get it pulled. You are at a higher risk of gum disease if it's broken through because it's difficult to clean properly.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Benny the Snake posted:

EDIT: I think I might have a cavity in my back wisdom tooth. If it hasn't grown out yet, is it still possible to get a filling in there, or would they have to pull it out?

I had to have two impacted wisdom teeth surgically removed, the pain was honestly about the same as the pain from the one that had to be yanked normally. The antibiotics and pain killers both come in generics, make sure you mention you need generics to the dentist. It's really not a big process. No idea how much it cost because I had insurance at the time, sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arch Stanton
Nov 23, 2003
EYEBALLS AND TONGUES DON'T MIX EW EW EW EW EW

Benny the Snake posted:

Now I'm in charge making and maintaining listings on eBay, handling, inspecting, and processing returns, and posting them on Craigslist to turn a quick profit and clear space in the back.

Why do you think you can handle the logistics of boxing and unboxing and managing a whole inventory of different items when you already got fired from a job where your only duty is to put the same thing into the same box over and over?

• Locked thread