Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Sneak preview of the anime adaption of this chapter:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNgxyL5zEAk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PIGEOTO
Sep 11, 2007

Reminder that half a year ago kishi admitted to making Madara too powerful. Now for some reason he is getting another power up.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

VJeff posted:

Aww son of a bitch!

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

VJeff posted:

It's gone past reprehensibly sexist and kinda looped back into impressive just how dedicated Kishi is to making Sakura be nothing but a useless choker literally 100% of the time for the entire 15 year span of this manga.

She has occasionally been useful (making an antidote for Sasori's poison, fighting Sasori, "piglets don't have hands," healing people en masse). It's just that sooner or later she always fails spectacularly or does something counterproductive again (knocking everyone out and then failing to stab Sasuke, failing to stab Obito).

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

slev posted:

So is Madara just Aizen now?
The worst elements of Aizen, yeah. He still doesn't carry himself with half the smug or coolness, and his goals are stupider.

PIGEOTO posted:

But nagato was fine.
Was he? He was obsessed with pain, playing with corpses and had the weirdest dialogue before suiciding out.

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

I am so sick of these star wars
So will this lead to the poke in the butt death attack?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

VJeff posted:

Yep, thought the exact same thing it was revealed.

SirDrone posted:

It all comes back full circle. Every heart returns to the darkness from whence it came.

PIGEOTO
Sep 11, 2007

Spiderdrake posted:

Was he? He was obsessed with pain, playing with corpses and had the weirdest dialogue before suiciding out.

There is absolutely no indication that it was the rinnegan that made him like that. He was apparently pretty normal before Yahiko died, and even redeemed himself in the end after some talking no jutsu. Konan was also apparently as nutty as Nagato during this time, too. The entire last two chapters have just been exceptionally shoddy writing, even by Kishi standards recently.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Silver2195 posted:

She has occasionally been useful (making an antidote for Sasori's poison, fighting Sasori, "piglets don't have hands," healing people en masse). It's just that sooner or later she always fails spectacularly or does something counterproductive again (knocking everyone out and then failing to stab Sasuke, failing to stab Obito).

Seriously Move the loving knife forward like... four inches and you'd have saved the world. Madara was straight up outclassed by the upgrade Naruto and Sasuke pulled but you can't be loving bothered

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
That last bit almost would have been poignant if it weren't for everything else in the chapter.

EDIT: You know what, it's actually impressive how Kishimoto keeps topping himself in the lovely writing department.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 08:22 on May 7, 2014

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

PIGEOTO posted:

There is absolutely no indication that it was the rinnegan that made him like that. He was apparently pretty normal before Yahiko died, and even redeemed himself in the end after some talking no jutsu. Konan was also apparently as nutty as Nagato during this time, too. The entire last two chapters have just been exceptionally shoddy writing, even by Kishi standards recently.
I'm not disagreeing it is yet another retcon out of part 2 and yeah the writing is super bad, I'm just saying Nagato was pretty loving weird.

Isn't Yahiko's death where the rinnegan emerged anyway?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Spiderdrake posted:

I'm not disagreeing it is yet another retcon out of part 2 and yeah the writing is super bad, I'm just saying Nagato was pretty loving weird.

Isn't Yahiko's death where the rinnegan emerged anyway?

No, it 'emerged' when his parents died. The explanation to him being able to have 2 Rinnegan is that he's basically part Naruto (Uzumaki).

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

SirDrone posted:

That could totally save the bullshit fight we're about to witness. :allears:

Madara: "I'm cut in half, let me just talk you through my master plan one last time. Also, I can fly."
Ninja jesus fixes eyes with lay hands.

I did like the circle back to the beginning even if it's silly for Kakashi to break everyones concentration to talk dreams.

Darth TNT fucked around with this message at 08:53 on May 7, 2014

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Man, there really are no consequences for the good guys in this Manga.

Barring Neji's death, which is notable purely because it was clearly written to make the point that the good guys doe some times lose, this entire plot line has been the good guys getting in poo poo situations and then fixing it entirely with nonsense.

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

Wow so Naruto literally created a human eye out of nowhere. That's new.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Aurain posted:

Man, there really are no consequences for the good guys in this Manga.

Barring Neji's death, which is notable purely because it was clearly written to make the point that the good guys doe some times lose, this entire plot line has been the good guys getting in poo poo situations and then fixing it entirely with nonsense.

I still half-expect Naruto to resurrect Neji at this point honestly.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Doflamingo posted:

I think at this point they have gone beyond ninja magic to straight up regular magic. gently caress elements, techniques etc, that was some straight up Gandalf poo poo.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Doflamingo posted:

Subtle sarcasm there.
Of course, he's not the first person in the series to pull an eyeball out of his rear end. Right, Madara?

Allarion posted:

Sasuke knows the resurrection technique, he watched Orochimaru do it, so combined with Naruto's magic jesus healing, they can bring back everyone! No human sacrifices needed.

Say Nothing fucked around with this message at 09:21 on May 7, 2014

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Why was this chapter called Sasuke's Rinnegan?

NeoHentaiMaster
Jul 13, 2004
More well adjusted then you'd think.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who is getting fed up with how Kishimoto refuses to let Sakura ( or any female character ) be anything more than completely useless. She really has never been useful. Even in the Sasori fight she was only effective because that older lady was literally just using her like a doll. The only thing she chose to do was let herself be impaled to save an old lady who was already gonna die soon. Going all the way back to the chunnin exam she didn't even get a win, Ino and her both lost in their fight against each other. Before that all she did was literally freeze and cry whenever any bad guys showed up. Although I think one of the worst things was when she broke down crying inches from stabbing Sasuke, who was by that time clearly a traitor who had killed an important official. I mean what the gently caress he's just a guy she had a childhood crush on and you're supposed to be a child soldier killing machine at this point. And now has one more big gently caress you, Naruto can suddenly out of nowhere surpass her in medical techniques too.

Not knowing how to write female characters is one thing, but having them all always be losers incapable of acting in any effective way is a whole other level of retardation. Jeeze, even Tsunado who is a Hokage, hasn't really won a fight. She couldn't beat Orichimaru with his hands crippled and unable to use jutsu, Nartuo had to save her from Pain, against Madara .. well yea you get the picture. I know some people complain about that whole male gaze thing, but this is on a whole other level at this point. What the hell Japan.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Why is Japan being held responsible for Kishimoto being terrible

PIGEOTO
Sep 11, 2007

Darth TNT posted:

That could totally save the bullshit fight we're about to witness. :allears:

Madara: "I'm cut in half, let me just talk you through my master plan one last time. Also, I can fly."
Ninja jesus fixes eyes with lay hands.

I did like the circle back to the beginning even if it's silly for Kakashi to break everyones concentration to talk dreams.

A manga saving move right here would be to have Naruto create a supersize lava rasenshuriken and have sasuke teleport him. Madara then goes into shock and slowly tilts his head around to see Naruto grabbing his butt. Naruto then screams "a billion years of pain!!" and Madara is launched into the cliff side experiencing the worst curry poop he's ever had.

Caros
May 14, 2008

NeoHentaiMaster posted:

She couldn't beat Orichimaru with his hands crippled and unable to use jutsu.

To be fair she made Orochimaru turn and run like a bitch once she actually fought him. One punch and he was effectively "Nah, I'm done. Cya!"

The rest of that... yeah, that is pretty true.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Doflamingo posted:

Well, that's not so new. The Sage could use Creation of All Things. Here is the Narutopedia quote:

quote:

The Creation of All Things (万物創造, Banbutsu Sōzō) was an ability possessed by Hagoromo Ōtsutsuki, who used this to create the nine tailed beasts. The process he used is explained to have initially involved the administration of imagination, and the spiritual energy which forms the basis of Yin chakra to create physical forms from nothingness. Then, through the application of vitality, and the physical energy which forms the basis of Yang chakra, he would breathe life into the resulting creations.

So through using Yin chakra, you can create something out of nothing, and by using Yang chakra you can make it real and permanent.

So if Naruto is a mini-Sage, it shouldn't be too difficult to only create an eye out of thin air.

Aurain posted:

Man, there really are no consequences for the good guys Madara in this Manga.

Barring Neji's death Kabuto's depowering, which is notable purely because it was clearly written to make the point that the good bad guys doe some times lose, this entire plot line has been the good guys Madara getting in poo poo situations and then fixing it entirely with nonsense.

Fixed that for you. Notice a pattern?

Caros
May 14, 2008

Torrannor posted:

So through using Yin chakra, you can create something out of nothing, and by using Yang chakra you can make it real and permanent.

Oh great, so Naruto is going to end up with a Spiral Nemesis of magically created eyes destroying the universe.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Spiderdrake posted:

The worst elements of Aizen, yeah. He still doesn't carry himself with half the smug or coolness, and his goals are stupider.

The guy who actually wrote Aizen like, barely understood what made him an effective villain and Kishi seems to understand it even less, if that's what he's going for here.

Allarion posted:

I'm expecting him to revive Ace and Ichigo's mom at this rate.

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

He should just make another Madara and let them fight it out for all eternity.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Thanks Naruto. I wanted Obito, before he dies, to give his left Sharingan to Kakashi but I guess that is not happening anymore.

Thoren
May 28, 2008

Your Friend posted:

Thanks Naruto. I wanted Obito, before he dies, to give his left Sharingan to Kakashi but I guess that is not happening anymore.

It's ok. Naruto can just handwave Obito's injuries away too.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Thoren posted:

It's ok. Naruto can just handwave Obito's injuries away too.
There's too many drat plot Macguffins in this series!
Most of them are Madara.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Now that Naruto can create replacements for missing body parts it's time for him to set up a sharingan factory operation. With Sasuke as the blueprint, of course.

Holy poo poo, this manga sucks.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

This is so loving dumb and not even in an entertaining way. Just when I think that the manga can not get any worse a new chapter comes out and proves me wrong. It's almost impressive in just how consistent Kishimoto is in making each chapter worse than the last (the exception being Gai punching things). I think that the main reason i'm still reading this is to find out how Kishimoto can continue to make an already bad manga even worse. Because seriously, where can he go from here?

And on an unrelated note, how has Naruto been doing in the rankings during the Madara arc. Has it dropped any or has it been relatively consistent?

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
I think at this point Naruto is just a well drawn Dominic Deegan. Kishi doesn't have the guro fetish Mookie has, but he handles all his female characters so terribly that I feel comfortable calling him about as misogynistic.

Like Deegan, it's impossible to invest. There's no possible way to invest or care in what's going on because there are literally no rules anymore. We're at the point where the characters are basically just doing what stereotypical children playing with their toys do, and pulling out abilities to counter eachother without any foreshadowing, rhyme, or reason.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
It's been pretty consistent in the top 5, along with One Piece usually being number one of course. Saiki, Shokugeki no Soma, Assasination Classroom, Nisekoi, Toriko, and Kuroko no Basket tend to shift around in those slots as well.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Torrannor posted:

Well, that's not so new. The Sage could use Creation of All Things. Here is the Narutopedia quote:

So if Naruto is a mini-Sage, it shouldn't be too difficult to only create an eye out of thin air.

Wait, so Naruto could have just given Kakashi back his sharingan, but instead gave him a normal eye? Wow.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Gyges posted:

Wait, so Naruto could have just given Kakashi back his sharingan, but instead gave him a normal eye? Wow.

Naruto could only rebuild Kakashi's eye as it seemed like he used Kakashi as the catalyst to rebuild it.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Gyges posted:

He can't do that (yet) because the sharingan is not an original part of his body. What he can do is to pluck an eye from an Uchiha, put it in somebody else, and then regrow the missing eye. Eyehaxes for everybody!

What I am saying is that Naruto is a Bene Tleilax.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

trucutru posted:

He can't do that (yet) because the sharingan is not an original part of his body. What he can do is to pluck an eye from an Uchiha, put it in somebody else, and then regrow the missing eye. Eyehaxes for everybody!

Well naturally Naruto will see the logical progression from the previous sage and decide that giving each nation a tailed beast was not enough, he'll give everyone special eyes to go with them and true balance will be achieved.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

trucutru posted:

My goodness are you willing to go there with all the other flavor complaining on the page? Gosh.

On the other hand I was sort of wondering what was going to neuter Kakashi more after plucking the eyeball out of him at the speed of sound, and man this chapter did not fail to deliver on that avenue.

poo poo I just realized we will probably segue over to the kages or something next week, and then five weeks from now the person teleporting will actually be Obito or something dumb. Then Madara will punch his way out of the other dimension, which I guess would at least be a reference. This poo poo can get so much worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

do people in like japan still think this series is really good? i just wonder what their reaction and stuff is to this. this is still one of the most popular manga isnt it?

• Locked thread