Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

kastein posted:

I think you might be reading too much into it, the guy is a loving idiot

When in doubt, it's always the simplest answer, isn't it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
Saw outside my window and only had time to grab my phone:

Yeah buddy, you're not fooling anybody.

A Melted Tarp
Nov 12, 2013

At the date

Maker Of Shoes posted:

It has wheels and is therefore sort of related.

I'm a medevac paramedic. This image reminds me of how stable my career is.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

A Melted Tarp posted:

I'm a medevac paramedic. This image reminds me of how stable my career is.

Yeah, you guys will see job cuts right around the time the turdinator closes up shop and the police go home.

bitchtard
Dec 3, 2010

Maker Of Shoes posted:

That is absolutely a days worth of small bad ideas culminating into one gigantically bad idea.

Uh, is that bottom one cross threaded?

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
It's not threaded in at all yet.

What you see there is tractor heims (aka tractor attachment links with heims - NOT road worthy at all) that he's cutting the links in half (since they're formed steel tube with threads rolled into the inside) and welding the ends of them into the longer tubing. Because he can't/won't cut threads into the tubing himself, or buy properly machined weld bungs made for the purpose.

It's basically a very bad idea.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

kastein posted:

You know that's a cannon and that that's a flag used in the Texan revolution against Mexico, right? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Come_and_take_it#Texas_Revolution

No I did not, all I know is that's still the attitude here except now it's about are guns :v:

Theris
Oct 9, 2007

Geoj posted:

Weren't those initially the standard plate and then after some backlash replaced by these:

???

The In God We Trust plates were never standard, but they are the only optional plates with no additional fee. That rustled some feathers but stood up in court.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Nearly every single one of Indiana's plates qualify as terrible car stuff.

Still no clue why people with no earthly clue about suspensions are so insistent on doing these hack jobs.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Kind of a lovely pic, but hey. Didn't really have time to get a better pic.
Looks like it broke a tie-rod or something? I could see the suspension dangling down when I drove past.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Maker Of Shoes posted:

What the gently caress. Splendid way to commit suicide.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Super Aggro Crag posted:

What the gently caress. Splendid way to commit suicide.

apparently the guy is 84 years old.

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

CharlesM posted:

Kind of a lovely pic, but hey. Didn't really have time to get a better pic.
Looks like it broke a tie-rod or something? I could see the suspension dangling down when I drove past.

happened to my parent's odyssey when the dumb mechanic left the split pin off the ball joint thingy after doing a cv boot or something

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Powershift posted:

Well ..... he's earned the right to be crazy, I guess.

bobbilljim posted:

happened to my parent's odyssey when the dumb mechanic left the split pin off the ball joint thingy after doing a cv boot or something

I'm glad it happened at a low speed intersection and not on the freeway.

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

Powershift posted:

Apparently it's a repost with a made up caption by someone trying it get reddit or imgur points like those weirdos tend to do. So who the hell knows what the backstory to this is other than further proof of the usefulness of skidsteers.

MullardEL34
Sep 30, 2008

Basking in the cathode glow

Captain Trips posted:

These were so bad, they only made a million and a half, and the ones that never got used were melted down to make the current plates.
Those plates were designed in large part, by Frances Strickland, the wife of our ex governor, Ted Strickland. Bad taste can go a long way when you're married to the guy that runs everything. They were so universally hated when they came out that I wouldn't be surprised if they played some small part in John Kasich winning in 2010.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

The great state of Arkansas (jokes aside it's awesome here for as many reasons as it is terrible) has "Choose Life" license plates, complete with smiling kids.

Nothing says "single-issue voter" quite as well.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Powershift posted:

Doesn't want to die in bed, does he?

Ulfhednar
Dec 16, 2006
Blood for the Blood God!

angryhampster posted:

Where in Iowa are you? I've seen some seriously atrocious stuff around IC/CR.

I'm stuck in the southeast for about a year; I'm mostly up and around Oskaloosa and smaller towns like that. It's startling seeing everything from Priuses to fairly new Jaguars rusting out just like every other car on the road around here.

I got a proper smartphone with a real camera, so to celebrate here's a higher-rez picture of the Kingdom Hearts Nissan:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Linedance posted:

The Best License Plates. End of discussion.

Not even going to try to argue with this. When you're right, you're right.

Love to get me a goddamn polar bear licence plate.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

murphle posted:

Those look like cheap flat plastic poo poo, which is exactly what they are. Stamped metal plates are the only acceptable plates.

They're "stamped" steel in that the edges are slightly grooved, but more like a stamped fender instead of an individually stamped plate. The rest is screen printed.

Costs a fuckload less than stamping the letters/numbers. Supposedly ages a lot better too.

This is how they look in person. Highly reflective, not quite plastic (but not quite Mercedes chrome):

You can even see mom's stamped plate if you look close enough. That picture is a year old - her plate has no paint (except white) left on it today. Still amazed she never gets stopped for it, you're supposed to swap plates every 7 years here for that very reason (hers are 12).

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 10:37 on May 7, 2014

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Previa_fun posted:

The great state of Arkansas (jokes aside it's awesome here for as many reasons as it is terrible) has "Choose Life" license plates, complete with smiling kids.

Nothing says "single-issue voter" quite as well.

Phone posting so I don't have a pic, but Maryland has these too. :negative:

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep
My randomly generated license plate starts BTMN and ends with three consecutive numbers making me the ultimate winner of the plate lottery forever.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

8ender posted:

My randomly generated license plate starts BTMN and ends with three consecutive numbers making me the ultimate winner of the plate lottery forever.

Should just do what I do and stand at the registry, asking them to show me all of their plates so I can pick ones that are funny.

I've successfully picked zero that are funny and pissed the same registry clerk off in a town three hours away on two consecutive trips.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

MullardEL34 posted:

Those plates were designed in large part, by Frances Strickland, the wife of our ex governor, Ted Strickland. Bad taste can go a long way when you're married to the guy that runs everything. They were so universally hated when they came out that I wouldn't be surprised if they played some small part in John Kasich winning in 2010.

I think it's a nice design?

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Captain Trips posted:

These were so bad, they only made a million and a half, and the ones that never got used were melted down to make the current plates.

Up until a couple weeks ago, I had an example of each of the last 5 in my driveway/yard. :downsgun:

Fattig
Oct 10, 2012

Snowdens Secret posted:

That just looks like he only had enough money to do the front lift and is still saving up for the back.

I have an idea!

ezlift4rent.com

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Fattig posted:

I have an idea!

ezlift4rent.com

This doesn't involve a stick welder, cement rebar, or tractor heims, so it will never, ever take off.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
I've been trying to get a picture of this van for a few weeks, finally got my chance.

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
The sudden reminder that I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about

8ender posted:

Maybe I'm dumb but idgi

subx
Jan 12, 2003

If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Dick Trauma posted:

I've been trying to get a picture of this van for a few weeks, finally got my chance.

I'm missing what is terrible about this.

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

Captain Trips posted:

Maybe I'm dumb but idgi

Batman I think.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

subx posted:

I'm missing what is terrible about this.

Would you want a guitar where it's impossible to find the G?

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Dick Trauma posted:

"I don't recognise this note on your sheet music"
"Oh, that's a pudendal clef"

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013

8ender posted:

I saw a basic plate that was 321-BAM, that's probably my favorite ever.

On topic, I keep seeing a car around that looks like it was covered in duct tape and then all the tape peeled off. The paint looks awful, but whenever I see the guy that drives it he always walks around like he's inspecting it for something. :wtc: I always forget to snap a picture.

Of course it's at a Walmart.

subx
Jan 12, 2003

If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Snackpack Backpack posted:

I saw a basic plate that was 321-BAM, that's probably my favorite ever.

On topic, I keep seeing a car around that looks like it was covered in duct tape and then all the tape peeled off. The paint looks awful, but whenever I see the guy that drives it he always walks around like he's inspecting it for something. :wtc: I always forget to snap a picture.

Of course it's at a Walmart.

Maybe it's fly paper and he's trying to catch things.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

PainterofCrap posted:

Doesn't want to die in bed, does he?

Pedestrian comfy zones.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Should just do what I do and stand at the registry, asking them to show me all of their plates so I can pick ones that are funny.

I've successfully picked zero that are funny and pissed the same registry clerk off in a town three hours away on two consecutive trips.

There's a bunch of plates in nova scotia that started with "FAP". So out there someone has "FAP 247" and another person has "FAP 365".

I also barely missed out on having "EZE 420"

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.
My best friend in high school had 1ODB422. So close to being amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

Didn't last for long though