Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I dont know if you need to nerf MStorm. She goes down in a single hit from a 3* ability. :v: (yes thats how I've been wrecked on a few of my Doom matches, not counting the enemy buildup and POW, Hulk punches her lights out)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBones
Aug 21, 2002

SynthOrange posted:

Piderman gonna get nerfed. :ohdear:

Source please! I just got his goddamned 13th cover

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Applied to GoonStyle as jtr084.

E: got 44k in simulator

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

:stare:
I just fought a match in Doctor's Orders against a team with a maxed OBW and Thor, and after beating down Black Widow to make sure she wouldn't annoy me to death for the duration I rushed to stomp Thor before he could start using his powers. I got him down to 43 HP and on his next turn he used the computer environmental ability to lay down a critical that gave him a free crit red match right into Mjolnir's Might -> Thunder Strike -> Call the Storm.

I still won, but gently caress I was pissed.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

SynthOrange posted:

I dont know if you need to nerf MStorm. She goes down in a single hit from a 3* ability. :v: (yes thats how I've been wrecked on a few of my Doom matches, not counting the enemy buildup and POW, Hulk punches her lights out)
She's useful and easy to acquire, by the law of funbalance that means she's easily going to be the next Thor/Wolv (probably by limiting the number of Enviro tiles she can pop or drastically raising the AP cost). And then as soon as there's a good Marvel Now! cover to use she'll get a Lazy iteration.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today
Edit: ^^^ they already posted the change to her, it'll just be dropping the max level green from 16 tiles to 14, not so bad.

SynthOrange posted:

Depending on what it is, that may be what makes me stop playing the game. Being able to heal in-battle lets me play in stretches without using healing tokens rather than play until low health, wait til later, repeat. I don't really want to play that way, so I'll probably stop if the Spider-man nerf is bad enough.

Oh well, he's not on the list of things coming later this week, so I still have a while.

Edit again:

JBones posted:

Source please! I just got his goddamned 13th cover
Dev comment a little ways down in http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6930

Sefer fucked around with this message at 02:19 on May 7, 2014

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Alright GoonStyle, had a good time with you guys but I'm going to start playing very casually if at all after the end of this Dr. Doom tourney.

Feel free to remove me a couple hours after the end of the Doom match. Or hang onto me for my 5k+ points in the Nick Fury match until you have a replacement.

Ign: Virulent

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Haha, lost a few matches in Dr Doom because I was at the threshold for getting Daken. I'd rather have 3 recruit tokens than one Daken.

I have 29830 simulator points, is that good or mediocre or what for a new game? How can you tell your relative performance to your alliance?

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

Khanstant posted:

Haha, lost a few matches in Dr Doom because I was at the threshold for getting Daken. I'd rather have 3 recruit tokens than one Daken.

I have 29830 simulator points, is that good or mediocre or what for a new game? How can you tell your relative performance to your alliance?

Go to alliance rank, click the Your Alliance tab, click on the score for your alliance; that gives you a list of everyone in the alliance and what their score is.

JBones
Aug 21, 2002

Sefer posted:

Edit: ^^^ they already posted the change to her, it'll just be dropping the max level green from 16 tiles to 14, not so bad.

Depending on what it is, that may be what makes me stop playing the game. Being able to heal in-battle lets me play in stretches without using healing tokens rather than play until low health, wait til later, repeat. I don't really want to play that way, so I'll probably stop if the Spider-man nerf is bad enough.

Oh well, he's not on the list of things coming later this week, so I still have a while.

Edit again:

Dev comment a little ways down in http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6930

Maybe it's the scotch talking, but I can't see it

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Thank you, all sortsof info this way. The people near me in rank in the overall simulator seem to have way better teams than myself. Super lucky and glad for these free boosted characters, that's really helpful and fun.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

JBones posted:

Maybe it's the scotch talking, but I can't see it

IceIX posted:

qscxzawed posted:

It seems as though peter parker is able to use his spidey senses to dodge the nerf-bat

Unfortunately for him, the nerf bat has Anti-Spider technology built in. He's not going to be dodging for much longer.

IceIX is the dev (or somehow associated with d3, anyway)

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

SynthOrange posted:

Good loving riddance. I hope he gets completely dumpstered if only to force a change to the way pretty much everything in the game works. He trivializes pve for the lucky ones who have his blue maxed, meanwhile the pool of 3* pulls from tokens gets further diluted and newer players are increasingly less likely to score one. Every time I try to have a conversation about the pve poo poo in this game the end result is always "Oh you don't have spider-man? No way to do that then."

More importantly he sidesteps the (imho terrible and in need of a revamp) healing pack system which is a revenue stream for the publisher so they have every reason to dial him down.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Some of us playing since launch are well over a dozen purple Spidey covers and stuck with a 1/2/5 Spidey. :suicide:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

quote:

Old ability:
Inspiration - Yellow Passive
Falcon spreads his wings, motivating his teammates as he swoops into the fight. When the team makes a yellow match, Falcon improves the strength of 3 friendly Protect, Strike, or Attack tiles by 10 percent.
Level Upgrades
Level 2: Improves friendly tiles by 15 percent.
Level 3: Improves friendly tiles by 20 percent.
Level 4: Improves friendly tiles by 25 percent.
Level 5: Improves friendly tiles by 30 percent.

New ability:
Inspiration - Yellow Passive
Falcon spreads his wings, motivating his teammates as he swoops into the fight. When the team makes a yellow match, Falcon improves the strength of 2 friendly Protect, Strike, or Attack tiles by 7.
Level Upgrades
Level 2: Improves friendly tiles by 8.
Level 3: Improves friendly tiles by 10.
Level 4: Improves friendly tiles by 13.
Level 5: Improves 3 friendly tiles by 13.
Max Level: Improves 3 friendly tiles by 79.

loooool

JBones
Aug 21, 2002

Definitely not happy about that -- glad they didn't mess with his blue/purple.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Punched my way to a Ragnarok cover, cant be assed to go further to get two Falcon covers.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
Is there a slot open in any alliances? I'm currently #23 in the Simulator overall and I'd really like to be in an alliance that's hitting at least rank 250 for the event for that blue Falcon. I generally play every event at least a small amount except for events like Lightning Rounds (which I sometimes miss) and whatever the one-star PvP event is (because lol).

e: probably should have thought of this not ten minutes before the end of the event, whoops

death cob for cutie fucked around with this message at 04:56 on May 7, 2014

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Epsilon Plus posted:

Is there a slot open in any alliances? I'm currently #23 in the Simulator overall and I'd really like to be in an alliance that's hitting at least rank 250 for the event for that blue Falcon. I generally play every event at least a small amount except for events like Lightning Rounds (which I sometimes miss) and whatever the one-star PvP event is (because lol).

e: probably should have thought of this not ten minutes before the end of the event, whoops

You can join GoonStyle if you want but we're pretty far away from a Falcon cover (around 140 spots)

We normally don't get close to a high cover in PVE but we do well in the PVP tournaments. Hopefully we'll be able to change that around as inactive members leave, new members join and new slots are opened up.

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 05:00 on May 7, 2014

Kiffetastic
Aug 20, 2004

Oooooh Yeeeees!

Holy goddamn, talk about a serious nerf to Falcon. And just when I thought I had found a new, useful support character. WELP.

Also, placed 1st in both the easy and hard Simulator sub-events this last round and 7th overall in my bracket. All for the NerFalcon.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

sure am glad that week long event resulted in 1 daken cover and not enough iso to even raise an 80 a single loving level

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Kiffetastic posted:

Holy goddamn, talk about a serious nerf to Falcon. And just when I thought I had found a new, useful support character. WELP.

Also, placed 1st in both the easy and hard Simulator sub-events this last round and 7th overall in my bracket. All for the NerFalcon.

Seems like the new Falcon might work with Daken, though, seeing as his boost is higher than Daken's base strike tiles.

Small consolation, admittedly.

Follow That Fish!
Mar 8, 2007
Chaser of the stray sea-life, clad in a trench and a fedora.

Kiffetastic posted:

I thank the puzzle gods that I played this game early enough in its life to throw together a maxed out Spider-Man and get him leveled before tons of covers got released. How people focus on getting one 3-star character maxed out these days is just something I can't understand. There's so many of them now that getting specific 3-star covers for any one character seems really, really difficult.

It's a valid question. I've played for over 100 days, but missed the starting window. I haven't gotten a single Spidey cover. The most 3* covers I have are 3/1/2 in Hulk and 2/3/2 in Punisher, so they are still virtually useless.

I can't really see being able to make a transition from using 2* characters to 3*, unless I spent quite significant money on buying covers.

Also, the latest update broke the alliance chat for me. They have managed to gently caress up a text input field.

Syrinxx posted:

sure am glad that week long event resulted in 1 daken cover and not enough iso to even raise an 80 a single loving level

Yep, same here. I got over 60k points too, but it wasn't enough for a top 75 finish for a Falcon...

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I got a bag-man out of the last Simulator token. :toot:

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

Moving Falcon's yellow from percentages to a static number is equal parts good and bad, so overall there was no net change. I don't get why you guys are saying it's a nerf.

old chubbyknees
Jul 10, 2006
Who bez?
Super Goons has two spots and we won't yell at you

matryx
Jul 22, 2005

I think I just had an evilgasm...
Hit 916 in doctors orders, and before I had my shield up (in just the 3 clicks to do it) I was already crabbed down to 830ish. Do you suddenly appear on radars as soon as you're in the top 10 or something?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Who the hell knows. I know that getting above 1100 was hellish. :negative:

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
My Desert Storm team can't catch a break in this Doom event. How Thor can do his green three times in four turns is beyond me.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
AgentsOfGOON is 19/20. Come join us and be bad!

We are #107 in Doom right now, with some good participation. Another 3-400 points would probably cement us a top 100 finish.

My Doom trip report: as soon as I hit 900 points the only matches I could find were 3* teams with a Spidey. I shielded and took a break. The next day I unshielded and was instantly assaulted. Over the day I managed to get my points back up, but I never passed 900 again. This morning I broke my shield to try to get a top ten finish, but was getting attacked at about the same rate that I was attacking. Just a match-three treadmill. I gave up and re-shielded.

I know not all my attackers were counter-attacks. But it seems like as soon as I shield the attacks slow way down. Which is a shame, because a few defensive victories is always nice.

About the only benefit to the treadmill is the ISO I earn. I got enough for a couple more levels on my Punisher (my first to break 100!).

The point levels seem very steady in my bracket this time. Everyone in my top 10 has over 900 points. I have a feeling that the fact that its a new 3* character raises the interest in the event. I had no trouble getting a top ten in the Loki event (for Doom covers). Which is funny, because my interest in Falcon is lower than other 3*s that I have a lot more covers for.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

Follow That Fish! posted:

Also, the latest update broke the alliance chat for me. They have managed to gently caress up a text input field.

The same thing happens to me if I use SwiftKey, but the default Android keyboard works.

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013

Happy Bear Suit posted:

Moving Falcon's yellow from percentages to a static number is equal parts good and bad, so overall there was no net change. I don't get why you guys are saying it's a nerf.

I'm pretty sure it's an unequivocal nerf for him at low levels, which pretty much everyone who's not a huge whale has him at right now. And you're probably going to get a lot more bang for your buck prioritizing other three star characters like patch or magneto over falcon when it comes to leveling. So basically, a guy who was a half-decent support character even at low levels that you might actually bring to a fight occasionally is now just another three star sitting on the pile waiting for the dozen covers and million iso to fall into your lap to make him actually usable.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Joshlemagne posted:

...just another three star sitting on the pile waiting for the dozen covers and million iso to fall into your lap to make him actually usable.

Sounds like he's exactly where he needs to be in terms of this game then.

Snazzy Frocks fucked around with this message at 16:09 on May 7, 2014

Kiffetastic
Aug 20, 2004

Oooooh Yeeeees!

gromdul posted:

The same thing happens to me if I use SwiftKey, but the default Android keyboard works.

Hmm, I'm also a SwiftKey user, and yeah it's busted for me too. I'll just switch over if I need to chat in Alliance. Thanks for the info!

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

Joshlemagne posted:

So basically, a guy who was a half-decent support character even at low levels that you might actually bring to a fight occasionally is now just another three star sitting on the pile waiting for the dozen covers and million iso to fall into your lap to make him actually usable.
Yeah well, pretty much every other three-star character in the game has always worked like this. And having a character that you don't need to level up to take advantage of his "best" power is fundamentally broken.

Metagame discussion: Looking at Falcon's new yellow power at max level, 79 damage boost to 3 attack tiles is a pretty significant change. In the 30% damage increase mode, a 40 damage strike tile would have looked something like [40-52-68-88]. But adding a static number, it would now look something like [40-119-198-277]. The static numbers now have a much more useful effect for low-value tiles over percentages. I can possibly see the Latverian Terrain stage being useful for Falcon. A measley 3 damage strike tile can quickly become dangerous.

Looks like he'll have the best synergy with Punisher or anyone who can spit out strike tiles for really cheap.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Lightning rounds have finally started.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeeeees, managed to get first place in Doom PvP despite taking a -22 point attack right at the end. The +27 points I got from my match helped. Whoot. First place with only 702 points, with second place at 682 and third (who used to be first an hour before the end) at 661 or so. I thought I was joining too early (1 day 21 hours left) but apparently I got lucky.

Follow That Fish!
Mar 8, 2007
Chaser of the stray sea-life, clad in a trench and a fedora.

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Yeeeees, managed to get first place in Doom PvP despite taking a -22 point attack right at the end. The +27 points I got from my match helped. Whoot. First place with only 702 points, with second place at 682 and third (who used to be first an hour before the end) at 661 or so. I thought I was joining too early (1 day 21 hours left) but apparently I got lucky.

I joined around the same time, and the winner in my bracket had 1300+ points. :v:

Couldn't even get a bloody Falcon with over 700 points, which is roughly as high as I am usually able to go with my roster.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
The top 10 in my bracket all had over 1000 points, with number one sitting at 1300! And even with an average score in AgentsOfGOON of 660 points, which is really good compared to the last few tournaments, we placed 107th. If we had a 20th goon, I believe we could have hit top 100.

So come join our amazing alliance of cool doods and get an extra Patch cover. And prove Snazzy Frocks wrong. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Had over 700 points and didn't even get top 50.

Happy Bear Suit posted:

Yeah well, pretty much every other three-star character in the game has always worked like this. And having a character that you don't need to level up to take advantage of his "best" power is fundamentally broken.

You asked why people were mad and calling it a nerf. I explained it to you.