Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Acer Pilot posted:

Feel free to test out part 2 if you haven't already. It's in the foundry -> review content tab if you haven't. Just search for bijor.

For those that tested it before, I updated the mission for Dukat's birthday. It now accurately shows how poorly Cardassians were treated.

Played them both at the same time. Great missions but they could use some speeches from the prophets at the beginning and end, remind the player it's supposed to be an orb vision and eliminate any trace of subtlety.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

Unguided posted:

Played them both at the same time. Great missions but they could use some speeches from the prophets at the beginning and end, remind the player it's supposed to be an orb vision and eliminate any trace of subtlety.

Good idea, just added it in as well as more corpses.

e: I think it's ready now.

Acer Pilot fucked around with this message at 12:49 on May 6, 2014

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.

Riso posted:

No, a BAJORAN hosed it up.

A Bajoran who without Dukats influence would have been nothing more than an artist or a musician.

Goat Pillager
Mar 1, 2013
http://pastebin.com/HFDXu4v2

http://pastebin.com/dLmYrd7S

Here's lake's meltdown from last night along with Tamujin's white-knighting and meltdown after.

Unfortunately I didn't manage to log lake's spamming up NoP chat, but these should still be fun reads.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

DAVE!!!(c)(tm) posted:

They made it so that you can buy piss beams from the dilithium store if you own a Galor, so you only need one now.

It's true, the IKS Dukat Was Right is armed and dangerous with the Galor beams and 2 purchased with dilithium.

McScumbag
Jun 30, 2012
FRONT LINE SOLDIER IN THE FIGHT FOR MEN'S RIGHTS

reddit 4 eva
Cormack @ notclarke requesting to join the Fed side.

For those needing more EC, I found a decently fast mission to run. The Antiproton Beam Array from Fluid Dynamics sells well on the exchange. I think about 500K EC or more, depending how fast you want it. Mission is under the Borg episodes, and can be replayed over and over.

For now I'm off to experience Bijor. Also is there anything I can do to be useful for Goons in this game?

KLazarus
Jul 16, 2007

Anyone still doing wiki access? Coming back to this terrible game and I just registered on the wiki, username darkinai. Thanks in advance.

Falented
Sep 2, 2012

Thanks for the invite!

Falented fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Oct 26, 2014

Subyng
May 4, 2013
Think my first request got buried so

May I get access to the wiki and channel?

wiki: subyng

Channel: Subyng@chocochip

Thanks!

Also, I'm up to level 14 now doing the Romulan campaign. I tried bumping up the difficulty to advanced because normal is way too easy but holy poo poo advanced just kicked my rear end. I have the 2nd tier ship and going against a Keldon completely fucks me up because of its torpedo salvo attack that destroys my shields and brings my hull down by 70% while I can't even manage to bring down his shields before he boosts them back to 100%. The jump in difficulty is just ridiculous.

Subyng fucked around with this message at 17:30 on May 6, 2014

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie
Is it easier to make 90 million credits or 800 lobi crystals? I think I need that jem'hadar dreadnought some day, even if it sucks.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Definitely 90 million credits.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

revtoiletduck posted:

Is it easier to make 90 million credits or 800 lobi crystals? I think I need that jem'hadar dreadnought some day, even if it sucks.
It doesn't suck, but to make the most of it you really need the other two jem'hadar ships, which makes it a really expensive ship to fit, and I think the scimitar is still better.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

g0del posted:

It doesn't suck, but to make the most of it you really need the other two jem'hadar ships, which makes it a really expensive ship to fit, and I think the scimitar is still better.

Yeah the 500mil or so for the bugship pets is a bit of a killer. I wish I could give you mine, I don't fly it much.

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

What if Jerome Walton made me a champion?

revtoiletduck posted:

Start hoarding credits. Set up a couple of Klingon alts for marauding and turning in contraband for Dil, then turn that into Zen for Keys to sell. Depending on your amount of free time to turn in Contra every 4 hours you can rack up some [non-Wesley] wealth in a relatively short time. PWE is pretty good with offering key discounts from time to time as well if you're patient, and the price of Zen will come back to Earth once they introduce a new holding.

Before too long you too can know the serenity that comes from the feeling of condescension while pugging some queue in a Dread with pissbeams and Elite Bugship pets while they struggle and die in poorly fitted Galaxy-Xs

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie
Maybe it's a bit of a pipedream, then. I am pretty new to the game (level 20!) and likely won't have time to do farming on alts and poo poo. I was hoping to just kind of not spend any credits between now and when I hit max level, and then throw a bit of real money at it to make up the difference.

I wasn't really planning on min/maxing too much anyway, so I may just end up cruising around in a sub-par Dread for the hell of it. I pretty much just want the jem'hadar dreadnought because it looks cool.

vvv Yikes, gently caress that.

revtoiletduck fucked around with this message at 20:40 on May 6, 2014

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

revtoiletduck posted:

Maybe it's a bit of a pipedream, then. I am pretty new to the game (level 20!) and likely won't have time to do farming on alts and poo poo. I was hoping to just kind of not spend any credits between now and when I hit max level, and then throw a bit of real money at it to make up the difference.

I wasn't really planning on min/maxing too much anyway, so I may just end up cruising around in a sub-par Dread for the hell of it. I pretty much just want the jem'hadar dreadnought because it looks cool.

You can get 1000 Zen, buy two fleet ship modules, and then sell those on the exchange for ~9m each.

Basically, though, BUYING on of these ships with real money is going to cost you like 50 dollars.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
As per popular request on the Goon channel, here is the chat log of our ill-fated IGE run with Werp.

I should note that this STF took several hours, and we never made it past Ogden. Werp died dozens of times, as Busch was pulling entire rooms of Borg on us, but Werp seemed preoccupied with telling me where to place medical generators (I don't have that kit). Once he snaps out of generator mode, he realizes that he is locked out of Odgen's room, and begins to lose it. After another hour or so, he finally leaves and begins sending angry tells to any Dental he comes across. Enjoy.

http://pastebin.com/MKd780eT

(He finally realizes that he is locked out, and thus cannot continue the STF at around line 156, with this comment: [Team] werp@koomers: omg , tell me it is not possible to hold here )

Highlights:

quote:

[Team] werp@koomers: cheers , that is great , can we get on with this stf now ?
[Team] Buschmaki@Buschmaki: I told you, I think it's something on your end.
[Team] Buschmaki@Buschmaki: Try to continue, please.
[Team] werp@koomers: bush , if i let you gently caress my rear end , can we get on with this stf ?
[Team] werp@koomers: i have never been in an stf like this
[Team] werp@koomers: who has not appealed this
[Team] werp@koomers: this gusy is a pshychotic rear end raper
[Team] werp@koomers: gently caress you all
(Beams out)

And also, the aftermath:

quote:

[Tell] werp@koomers: hey , gently caress you
[Tell] werp@koomers: i just put vadat in my notepad , he is going to pay
[Tell] werp@koomers: nbreeki is a cross dressing human being who cannot complete manus elite
[Tell] To werp@koomers: hey let's be friends
[Tell] werp@koomers: i have no problem with that , but , you are a serious poo poo head
[Tell] werp@koomers: your giuld is poo poo
[Tell] To werp@koomers: we didn't finish it because you were so bad
[Tell] werp@koomers: god damit

the Pixies fukken SUCKED
Jul 16, 2003

Figure 2 in a series of 3
I loved how I was in game when they started this, then wandered off to cook dinner, give my kid a bath, read her stories, and watch the Tonight show, only to come back four hours later to werp still bitching.

Bryaugh
Mar 7, 2004

After dorking around off and on for a few days I think this might have enough content to hold my goldfish-like attention span for a little while. Could I get a chat invite on @Izome please so I can ask all my dumb space questions.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Melchior posted:

I loved how I was in game when they started this, then wandered off to cook dinner, give my kid a bath, read her stories, and watch the Tonight show, only to come back four hours later to werp still bitching.

Some of the beginning was cut out, too. I want to also mention that nearly every time he writes "ty" it's in response to him getting killed.

NurhacisUrn
Jul 18, 2013

All I can think about is your wife and a horse.
We are working on some SERIOUS SHIT in here.
The whole exchange is just magical. I counted twenty-five shits. I also thought the multicultural prayer session was a beautiful moment.

But really DonDoodles, you are supposed to get the correct positioning of the generators in all contingencies.

"Broke boyz!"

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I don't think he could even afford regenerators to heal his injuries, there should be a gear check for elite STFs or something, most pubs have no idea what to do.

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

Definitely having fun so far, could I get wiki access to senordingdong ?

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Chilichimp posted:

Basically, though, BUYING on of these ships with real money is going to cost you like 50 dollars.

Nah. Spend 350 Zen on changing your name to "Brought To You By Mondian" and I'll just give you the ship.

On another note, are there none of you with fedroms that can train sci team 3? There must be at least one, where are you?

Thanks FF

Mondian fucked around with this message at 22:51 on May 6, 2014

McScumbag
Jun 30, 2012

reddit 4 eva
I have a FedRom. Dunno if I can train Science Team 3 or not. What do I do to check?

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

Mondian posted:

Nah. Spend 350 Zen on changing your name to "Brought To You By Mondian" and I'll just give you the ship.

On another note, are there none of you with fedroms that can train sci team 3? There must be at least one, where are you?

Thanks FF

Give me 2 Galors and a bugship and you can change Grim's name to "Brought to you by Tim Tams."

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Subyng posted:

Think my first request got buried so

May I get access to the wiki and channel?

wiki: subyng

Channel: Subyng@chocochip

Thanks!

Your in-game name is still throwing up a "user does not exist" error when I try to invite you. Send a mail to @grimrak in game, hopefully we can sort this poo poo out. Ignore that, @chocohip is invited to the channel and you're in the wiki.

thunderspanks posted:

Definitely having fun so far, could I get wiki access to senordingdong ?

Bryaugh posted:

After dorking around off and on for a few days I think this might have enough content to hold my goldfish-like attention span for a little while. Could I get a chat invite on @Izome please so I can ask all my dumb space questions.

Peppy Bismilk posted:

Telly @ ningendakara21 (yeah I know, super weeaboo handle) humbly requesting admission to Starfleet Dental. Thanks in advance for the consideration.

Darkinai posted:

Anyone still doing wiki access? Coming back to this terrible game and I just registered on the wiki, username darkinai. Thanks in advance.

McScumbag posted:

Cormack @ notclarke requesting to join the Fed side.

You're all invited to TheNextGooneration or the wiki, enjoy.

Acer Pilot posted:

Give me 2 Galors and a bugship and you can change Grim's name to "Brought to you by Tim Tams."

You wish mate, my sweet poem of a name isn't going anywhere.

Korgan fucked around with this message at 23:08 on May 6, 2014

McScumbag
Jun 30, 2012

reddit 4 eva
Buy me one of those fancy Tal Shiar adapted battlecruisers and I will change my game name to whatever you want. :v:

I know it's kinda a poo poo ship. I like the borg look to it.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Deal.

McScumbag
Jun 30, 2012

reddit 4 eva
Let me know what my new name will be then!

Zhym
Jun 18, 2012
Could I steal a bit of that wiki access? Found myself playing again after a decent bout last year but I still have no idea what I'm doing. Username is Zhym. Thanks in advance.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/star-trek-online/detail/5002823

:getin:

bubbles depo
Jul 25, 2006

doot doot!
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1110021

BAN Buschmaki@Buschmaki

The OP in case this gets deleted:

quote:

BAN Buschmaki@Buschmaki, This guy joins IGE goes steath before you get to Ogens room runs in and the forcefield drops he then comes back to the door after the borg reset and dances on the other side of the forcefield taunting his team. If you manage to get someone in he will try this again at The final room. In short if you are with him there is a good chance he will stop your run.

Hes been doing this for months to my count on just me I have spent my online money on another game because of this bonehead. I just spent last month money on STO but it will be until July before I do so again so from just me thats $300 that PWE will not see not including my friends. You want us to by Zen and play and open boxes get rid of this guy or you will be getting rid of us.

EDIT:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1110041

This guy REALLY hates NPC tractor beams.

bubbles depo fucked around with this message at 07:43 on May 7, 2014

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

bubbles depo posted:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1110021

BAN Buschmaki@Buschmaki

The OP in case this gets deleted:

EDIT:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1110041

This guy REALLY hates NPC tractor beams.

hahahaha I came here just to post that.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

GoatSeeGuy posted:

Before too long you too can know the serenity that comes from the feeling of condescension while pugging some queue in a Dread with pissbeams and Elite Bugship pets while they struggle and die in poorly fitted Galaxy-Xs

I used to think that goons exaggerated how bad pubbies were. I could usually complete pug STFs without much pain and only the occasional pants-on-head retarded group. Then they released undine assault. Holy poo poo are they terrible at it. Everyone either splits up along every lane and dies, or the smart ones group and focus on one lane. But even that takes about 10-15 minutes per lane with a "good" group.

Except with my scimitar. I can clear a lane solo fast enough to combo the rifts, then I have to go back and drag the pubbies through each lane since they'll inevitably still be flailing at the start when I'm finished. The best group I had was almost able to keep up with my clear speed when the 4 of them focused on one lane while I cleared another. Almost.

In summary: 1) The scimitar is ridiculously overpowered, 2) Pubbies are terrible and you should never do what they do, and 3) Follow the goon guides. I would suck if not for all the great information in these threads and on the wiki. Instead, I get to carry entire teams like a disruptor-throwing demigod thanks to the wealth of information passed down from our benevolent nerd overlords.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Hakarne posted:

I used to think that goons exaggerated how bad pubbies were. I could usually complete pug STFs without much pain and only the occasional pants-on-head retarded group. Then they released undine assault. Holy poo poo are they terrible at it. Everyone either splits up along every lane and dies, or the smart ones group and focus on one lane. But even that takes about 10-15 minutes per lane with a "good" group.

Except with my scimitar. I can clear a lane solo fast enough to combo the rifts, then I have to go back and drag the pubbies through each lane since they'll inevitably still be flailing at the start when I'm finished. The best group I had was almost able to keep up with my clear speed when the 4 of them focused on one lane while I cleared another. Almost.

In summary: 1) The scimitar is ridiculously overpowered, 2) Pubbies are terrible and you should never do what they do, and 3) Follow the goon guides. I would suck if not for all the great information in these threads and on the wiki. Instead, I get to carry entire teams like a disruptor-throwing demigod thanks to the wealth of information passed down from our benevolent nerd overlords.

4) Just stop doing Undine Assault already. Or do you hate yourself that much? I'm serious there's literally no reason in ever to do it, it's painful even with a good team and goons plain won't do it anymore because of that.

DataDyne
Oct 6, 2005

Happy as a birb can be.

Mondian posted:

Thanks FF

I'd like to add that I too would change my name to "Brought To You By Mondian" for a JHDC, hell, I'd let you change it to "Brought To You By Shutup Wesley" or "Brought To You By Lake1771", I just want that JHDC goodness.

BrainGlitch
Jan 14, 2007

Good sir, you can't pay me enough to go to France while our countries are at war!
Just came back to this and am kind of overwhelmed. I can do combat and missions fine but I can't figure out how to warp or dock at starbase 24. Do I need to do all the Earth starbase poo poo first? If so do I have to go back there on impulse drives only?

Also, could use an invite to the nextgooneration since goontrek or whatever channel is obsolete. Player is Brain.

the Pixies fukken SUCKED
Jul 16, 2003

Figure 2 in a series of 3

Hakarne posted:

Would you mind pm'ing me your fit? I've got a fedrom alt with one that I'm less than impressed with and I'm 100% sure it is because I've fit it shittily and I'm comparing it to the Fleet Assault Cruiser and am being disappointed.

I'm glad the wiki is around otherwise I would barely have any sense of how things are supposed to work; the game levels you so fast and is so forgiving it's never quite necessary to learn how to fit anything for all 50 levels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McScumbag
Jun 30, 2012

reddit 4 eva
So I have noticed that Tactical captains are the best now..and I rolled my FedRom main character about a year or so ago, when engineering captains were the best. But at least I have cover shield.

Seems like a useless ability, except for the ability to block other players in group things. What is the best STF/fleet action or whatever it is called to be able to block people with cover shields?

Also Mondian: If renaming my character to whatever name you want can get me a Tal Shiar battlecruiser, what do I need to do for a Galor? :v:

• Locked thread