Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Sataere posted:

Sounds perfect. You have so many to choose from if you win!

Or we could take the other franchise's forgotten qbs? You know you want Golden Tate slinging bombs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nately
Oct 1, 2002

The age demanded an image / Of its accelerated grimace

Quest For Glory II posted:

*slide whistle*

Every pick in the 1st round will be a WR

I think Beckham's great but I have to believe these links with the Bills are draft nonsense. The last thing we need is another six foot wide receiver, unless he's elite (ie, Sammy Watkins). I think the Bills are trying to encourage teams to trade up to #9 for him.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I guess the Bills might really, really loving want Clowney:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/07/bills-making-calls-about-a-trade-to-no-1-or-no-2/

Mike Florio posted:

The Bills, were told, have been burning up the phone lines in an effort to work out a deal that would vault them from No. 9 to No. 1 or No. 2. The targets are believed to be defensive end Jadeveon Clowney and tackle Greg Robinson.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Man I'm rather jacked up for the draft simply to get the rumors over and so I can do mental gymnastics to like Miamis pick

Unless it's Ebron then gently caress this

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Lets go completely left field with Atlanta. Dimitroff decides he still wants to make a splash and is getting buyers remorse over Matty Ice's contract (and/or wanting to get in on this sweet sweet gravy train of cheap QBs in the first 5 years). So he trades up for Bridgewater and puts Matty Ice on the trading block for someone like Arizona or Minnesota. Never gonna happen but at this point I am no worse than all the other reporters who don't have a clue.

Edit: the Bills d line with clowney would be absurd. Like seriously something like that might actually make good players *want* to come to Buffalo in free agency.

waah fucked around with this message at 18:52 on May 7, 2014

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Shath Hole posted:

Interesting stuff from LaCanfora...

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 3m
Would not be surprised at all if ultimately a 2015 1st round pick and a 2014 3rd is enough to go from 6th to 1st. Stay tuned

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 1m
Bottom line is no one is buying Texans are locked in on a guy at 1, know the

y could get QB at 6 or lower. Asking price will drop I reckon

No way in hell I'd take that deal. You go from Clowney or your choice of QB to leftovers and third.

I think there is an interesting dynamic in the trading talks, in that both 1 and 2 are very open to trades but really it's one player that everyone is after, so who can you safely go to?

PrinceRandom fucked around with this message at 19:02 on May 7, 2014

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

PrinceRandom posted:

No way in hell I'd take that deal. You go from Clowney or your choice of QB to leftovers and third.

I think there is an interesting dynamic in the trading, in that both 1 and 2 are very open to trades but really it's one player that everyone is after, so who can you safely go to?

Extra first rounders are pretty sweet.

amaranthine
Aug 27, 2009
I AM A TERRIBLE HUMAN BEING

waah posted:

Edit: the Bills d line with clowney would be absurd. Like seriously something like that might actually make good players *want* to come to Buffalo in free agency.

Shame about that whole "the rest of the team" thing, though.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Sataere posted:

Extra first rounders are pretty sweet.

gently caress I read that wrong. I thought It said 2014 1st...

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Sportscenter held an intensely stupid Mock Draft and treated it as if it was actual news, including reporting on fake trades, with all the local beat writers for each team making picks.

The Bills beat writer traded up to take Jadaveon Clowney. Manziel went to the Browns, Bortles went to the Texans, Bridgewater fell to #29 where the Jaguars beat writer traded up, and the Vikings beat writer traded up to 31 to take Derek Carr.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Jamison Hensley took C.J. Mosely for the Ravens in Espn's blogger mock draft. Jamison Hensley and Espn are stupid.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
I was expecting a Who's Now part 2 to pop up after seeing that mock draft stuff. Just embarrassing to present it as "news".

Losing my patience

quote:

Mary Kay Cabot ‏@MaryKayCabot 29s

Two other QBs the #Browns like if they don't draft Teddy Bridgewater at 26 or trade up for him: Jimmy Garoppolo and Tom Savage.

Bigass Moth fucked around with this message at 19:14 on May 7, 2014

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Sportscenter held an intensely stupid Mock Draft and treated it as if it was actual news, including reporting on fake trades, with all the local beat writers for each team making picks.

The Bills beat writer traded up to take Jadaveon Clowney. Manziel went to the Browns, Bortles went to the Texans, Bridgewater fell to #29 where the Jaguars beat writer traded up, and the Vikings beat writer traded up to 31 to take Derek Carr.

NFL.com has their own mock draft, except they don't list the picks, just tries to play 32 videos of pundits making/discussing each pick.

This is the content we get instead of rookies having had playbooks for the last two weeks.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Trigger warning Parmesan

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Clowney & Mario Williams would be just as fun as Clowney & JJ Watt. I think.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Benne posted:

Trigger warning Parmesan

im dead you just slew me

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
Without looking it up:

Falcons drafted Farve, Schaub, Vick, Ryan....Chris Miller I think. Anyone else of note? That's a pretty impressive group.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

Benne posted:

Trigger warning Parmesan

I'm confused why not all teams are represented on this graph?

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

89 posted:

Clowney & Mario Williams would be just as fun as Clowney & JJ Watt. I think.

Plus the fun would be at the expense Tom Brady.

Interesting...

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
Chiefs QB wins: one for Steve Matthews, one for Steve Stenstrom. Brodie Croyle: 0-10.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
:siren:

quote:

Rich Eisen ‏@richeisen 9m

For the first time ever, draftees have chosen the music that plays over speakers as they walk to the stage in Radio City Music Hall.

Gonna be so much "I'm the Man"

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

It's worth noting that the Vikings beat writer somehow got the Texans to give him two picks to swap the 8/9 spots (Texans were at 9 from the Bills trade) so the Texans could draft Bortles.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

bewbies posted:

Without looking it up:

Falcons drafted Farve, Schaub, Vick, Ryan....Chris Miller I think. Anyone else of note? That's a pretty impressive group.

Heh, yeah, man it's no wonder they're the only Team in the NFC South with a Superbowl win.

Wait... Wait I got that backwards.

say no to bats
Aug 15, 2001
Rumblee tumblee, climin' a hunny tree
So, all the writers, pundits and other experts suggest there are 4 objective elite talents in this draft. The Browns have the #4 pick. No matter what, one or more of those players will be available to the Browns.

Looking forward to the Browns blowing the pick on the worst QB in the class as per usual.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Benne posted:

Trigger warning Parmesan

"I told you anyone who would listen so"

Toymachine
Jul 2, 2007

Warning - Posts created under the influence of Codeine and/or Skittles

Bigass Moth posted:

JFF comes out giving a piggy back ride to Drake. The two give each other a little kiss and frolic straight for the Village.

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

Go win the Heimlich Trophy!

Bigass Moth posted:

I was expecting a Who's Now part 2 to pop up after seeing that mock draft stuff. Just embarrassing to present it as "news".

Losing my patience

If we draft Tom loving Savage or another noodle arm motherfucker I will seriously consider renouncing fandom.

"Gee why do all these bad teams get better?"
"Because they draft quarterbacks"
"Well, I guess we'll do that *ignores that those QBs are generally high picks and drafts Brandon loving Weeden and Colt McCoy*"

There isn't enough alcohol in the world to get me through this first round.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Bigass Moth posted:

If Khalil Mack doesn't come on to "Return of the Mack" he's a bust. :frogout:

amaranthine
Aug 27, 2009
I AM A TERRIBLE HUMAN BEING

say no to bats posted:

So, all the writers, pundits and other experts suggest there are 4 objective elite talents in this draft. The Browns have the #4 pick. No matter what, one or more of those players will be available to the Browns.

Looking forward to the Browns blowing the pick on the worst QB in the class as per usual.

Derek Carr at 4.

There will be rioting in the streets.

excidium
Oct 24, 2004

Tambahawk Soars

kiimo posted:

"I told you anyone who would listen so"

Hey Stephenson is going to be the starting RT this year!

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

sean10mm posted:

I will also accept Craig Mack.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

Toymachine posted:

JFF comes out giving a piggy back ride to Drake. The two give each other a little kiss and frolic straight for the Village.

How's the retired life treating you, Jay?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

sean10mm posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uB1D9wWxd2w

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

sean10mm posted:

Mack the knife?

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Bigass Moth posted:

I'm confused why not all teams are represented on this graph?

What's funny is the Texans have been around less than half of the span of that graph and had the Chiefs beat by Week 12 of their first season (when David Carr won his 3rd game). :haw:

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

quote:

Christopher Hansen ‏@ChrisHansenNFL 1m
#Raiders are apparently asking for a truck load of picks to move down from 5.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah gently caress that second round bullshit. Better break out your futures, folks.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Oakland certainly has the experience to feel out what too picks are worth in the nfl draft year after year.

Does anyone sincerely see St. Louis moving down though? Or Oakland?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Whenever I try to think about what Jeff Fisher thinks I come to the realization that he just wants to point at people and have some backup linebacker dive into the side of their knee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I think St. Louis is silly to pass on Watkins, because they are a very competitive team with him added to the mix. Oakland has to want to trade down, but last year was an extreme circumstance where the player on the top of McKenzie's board was for sure going to be there at 12. It would have been silly not to trade down for a 5th, really. This year, that's probably not the case, and there's some very good top end talent in the draft, so I don't expect them to budge without an offer that warrants it.

• Locked thread