Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Hope you're not taking your dog with you. It'd suck if you died and he had to live in the Appalachians.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

friend of the family DEATH TURBO posted:

also definitely take marriage advice from spongebob

Well I'm not saying endanger your marriage to fulfill a teenage dream, but really it's always a good idea to enjoy your time on this gay rock flying through space at a million miles per hour, because it makes less sense to be miserable

NIGGER DEATH TURBO
Jul 4, 2013

by Lowtax
i also meant that sarcastically, never take advice from spongebob on anything

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

i also meant that sarcastically, never take advice from spongebob on anything

Hey, I'd take advice from spongebob about what restaurants to avoid/what kitchenstaff sucks balls.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
Maybe it's because I spent enough time wandering the Carolina mountains as a kid but I don't really see what drat near a year hiking the trail gets you that a weekend up Chimney Rock or something wouldn't satisfy just fine.

At least go somewhere like South America or Yugoslavia where the potential of getting raped and eaten by the locals or getting caught up in a brush war or similar hangs over you every day.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Snowdens Secret posted:

Maybe it's because I spent enough time wandering the Carolina mountains as a kid but I don't really see what drat near a year hiking the trail gets you that a weekend up Chimney Rock or something wouldn't satisfy just fine.

At least go somewhere like South America or Yugoslavia where the potential of getting raped and eaten by the locals or getting caught up in a brush war or similar hangs over you every day.

This doesn't happen in the Carolinas?

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Snowdens Secret posted:

I think you need to read up on Appalachia and the people that choose to live there...

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Snowdens Secret posted:

It's an escapist fantasy I've had since I was a fat awkward child that's a possibility now that I'm a not nearly as fat adult without the family anchor securely around my waist. And have time to properly plan it to some extent.

Probably has some weird thing to do with why I liked the army in the first place. Walking all sorts of places for no reason. Or maybe that's why I want to do it, I miss wandering.

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

Snowdens Secret posted:

i'm working in greensboro right now, its kinda poo poo but man charolette seems nice(idk how to spell btw)

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
charlotte

bitches are picky about spelling that

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008

genderstomper58 posted:

i'm working in greensboro right now, its kinda poo poo but man charolette seems nice(idk how to spell btw)

I lived in Greensboro between about 7th to 10th grade. It's OK but it's one of those aging-hippie towns. RDC and Charlotte are definitely way better. I'd argue Charlotte's about the best town to be a young urban professional in these days if you don't have uninformed anti-South bigotries, although the traffic is getting out of hand.

If you have a spare meal, go to the Stameys on High Point Road, it's not going to look like anything special but I try to go there whenever I pass by for no-poo poo NC chopped pit pork.

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

Snowdens Secret posted:

I lived in Greensboro between about 7th to 10th grade. It's OK but it's one of those aging-hippie towns. RDC and Charlotte are definitely way better. I'd argue Charlotte's about the best town to be a young urban professional in these days if you don't have uninformed anti-South bigotries, although the traffic is getting out of hand.

If you have a spare meal, go to the Stameys on High Point Road, it's not going to look like anything special but I try to go there whenever I pass by for no-poo poo NC chopped pit pork.

luv me some bbq mate :eyepop: ill try to make it but im traveling with a british coworker so i gotta talk him into it too mate!!!

tried that bonefish grill today man poo poo was good

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

It's an escapist fantasy I've had since I was a fat awkward child that's a possibility now that I'm a not nearly as fat adult without the family anchor securely around my waist. And have time to properly plan it to some extent.

Probably has some weird thing to do with why I liked the army in the first place. Walking all sorts of places for no reason. Or maybe that's why I want to do it, I miss wandering.

Well dude I seriously wish you the best with this. It sounds like a pretty cool experience

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

genderstomper58 posted:

luv me some bbq mate :eyepop: ill try to make it but im traveling with a british coworker so i gotta talk him into it too mate!!!

tried that bonefish grill today man poo poo was good

The Brits eat some disgusting poo poo so I can't see how talking him into some pulled pork would be difficult.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Booblord Zagats posted:

Well dude I seriously wish you the best with this. It sounds like a pretty cool experience

i hope some wrong turn poo poo happens and a clan of cannibalistic mutants goes deliverance style on his pasty pimply rear end

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

pkells posted:

Semester is over, I think I pulled a 4.0, so I'm gonna go get drunk by my appt's pool all summer :whatup:

Which will just be 5 days, because summer semester starts Monday. Whatever, I'll take what I can get.

Same except my classes started yesterday and it hasn't really broken 70 here yet :(

RichieHimself
May 27, 2004

No way dude, she looks like Gargamel.
If people really wanted to thank me for my service they should start by not looking me in the eye and then laying down and lifting their leg to expose their genitals. Dogs got that poo poo right.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Someone post that dude's op ed on being thanked for his service. That poo poo was hilarious.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
i'd rather they just say "poo poo sucks man" and buy me a beer or twelve.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Mike-o posted:

i'd rather they just say "poo poo sucks man" and buy me a beer or twelve.

That would require effort.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
"Listen man. You weren't there!"

-an air force veteran

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

holocaust bloopers posted:

"Listen man. You weren't there!"

-an air force veteran

Our flight engineer ate two servings of goat curry for lunch. The horror. The horror.

VVVVV At least I showed some remorse for my gastrointestinal crimes.

Dead Reckoning fucked around with this message at 22:11 on May 7, 2014

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
If I flew with a crew that I didn't like, the night before I'd eat a whole box of hamburger helper with the intent of absolutely destroying the flight deck. Got me almost punched once.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
i went to the va today and it is the greatest place on earth.

every room over capacity by about 500 people.

the most complex floorplan of any hospital i have ever seen.

nobody who knows where anything is.

the one guy who did know where i needed to go gave me directions like "go down here to the left, take a right and another right. when you see the two broken elevators take another right and get on elevator 6 and go to the first floor"

given that i have absolutely nothing to do except sit around and smoke weed, this was a really pleasant trip out.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
One of my coworkers just got back from a trip to Estonia, he went to Russia for a few days and has told us "Russia is what Florida would be if it had cold weather and no Cubans"

Which honestly sounds like a pretty dead on summary

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Beaches and awesome tan lines 9 months out of the year?

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Also a lot fewer Jews

In fact I'm not sure how Russia is like Florida at all

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Snowdens Secret posted:

Also a lot fewer Jews

In fact I'm not sure how Russia is like Florida at all

White trash and drinking problems, plus everyone is a lovely driver

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
the best thing about russia is every stupid russian has a camera in their car for insurance purposes, so you get to watch all the dumb poo poo that happens when a bunch of barely sentient savages drunk out of their minds on cheap potato vodka get behind the wheels of their poorly maintained shitboxes

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Goons hate everything. You could bring up any of 50 states and no goon will like any of them.

Florida owns. gently caress da haters.

*drops mic*

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
I have a pending gypsy curse that I'm going to end up in Florida. Could be worse, could have been someplace like Massachusetts

NIGGER DEATH TURBO
Jul 4, 2013

by Lowtax

Cole posted:

Goons hate everything. You could bring up any of 50 states and no goon will like any of them.

Florida owns. gently caress da haters.

*drops mic*

it's not a goon thing florida is a legitimately lovely state and genuinely one of the worst in the country

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

it's not a goon thing florida is a legitimately lovely state and genuinely one of the worst in the country

Florida owns ur just a hippy

NIGGER DEATH TURBO
Jul 4, 2013

by Lowtax

Cole posted:

lmao k

ps florida is a shithole

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

the best thing about russia is every stupid russian has a camera in their car for insurance purposes, so you get to watch all the dumb poo poo that happens when a bunch of barely sentient savages drunk out of their minds on cheap potato vodka get behind the wheels of their poorly maintained shitboxes
They got some pretty good footage of that meteor, too.

edit: gently caress that gay rear end linkin park video, this one is better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpmXyJrs7iU

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch

Snowdens Secret posted:

I have a pending gypsy curse that I'm going to end up in Florida. Could be worse, could have been someplace like Massachusetts

I was about to get mad for a second, but then I realized I chose to stay in SC and not move back to MA last year. Good point.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Mad Dragon posted:

They got some pretty good footage of that meteor, too.

edit: gently caress that gay rear end linkin park video, this one is better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpmXyJrs7iU

pro-move from igor at 7:21

Whipped Buttcheeks
Jul 25, 2007
Chairborne Ranger

Cole posted:

Florida is just South Long Island with more white trash and Cubans instead of Puerto Ricans.

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

Snowdens Secret posted:

i ended up eating at some popular local place called daryls? it was p fuckin good mate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
I don't know the place but then again I haven't really lived there in like twenty years.

• Locked thread