Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Pinterest Mom posted:

new lenovo chromebook :woop:

you can fold the screen back!

but that's as far back as it'll fold

280$

cool, me wanty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
i know how many retail copies of Windows home basic N were shipped worldwide in the first year, after the antitrust settlement. all that litigation, all that effort, and it was for 17 copies. motherfucking :lol:

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
smythe send me your poo poo i got the hookups yo

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
excuse me it was vitally important that there was a copy of windows available with no media player so that there could be copetetion for free media players ion the eu tyvm!!!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

smythe send me your poo poo i got the hookups yo

yes sir!

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Install Windows posted:

excuse me it was vitally important that there was a copy of windows available with no media player so that there could be copetetion for free media players ion the eu tyvm!!!

the best part is that by default the first run of windows update would get media player anyway

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
i love n versions of windows because they meant i got double the keys when i got a year of technet

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

once twitter gets cheap enough zuck needs to buy it and keep it out of the hands of google

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

google would buy twitter then announce its closing down gmail

'now your emails are social! the social web! retweet your meeting invite! fav your performance review email! web 4.0! please dont go sergey will cry'

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

cremnob posted:

once twitter gets cheap enough zuck needs to buy it and keep it out of the hands of google

again, rooting for facebook over google is basically picking who you'd rather win in a fight between hitler and pol pot

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

no matter who wins, you're hosed

we're better off with them fighting each other

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

i only care about google getting hosed as much as possible so zuck and facebook are cool

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

cremnob posted:

i only care about google getting hosed as much as possible so zuck and facebook are cool

then you're an idiot

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

uncurable mlady posted:

no matter who wins, you're hosed

we're better off with them fighting each other

the syria of the tech world

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

uncurable mlady posted:

then you're an idiot

of course he is, he's an apple user

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mattlynley/facebook-is-now-carefully-reviewing-apps-in-order-to-get-use

the facebook user centric pivot after google did the exact opposite for years to chase facebook makes me lol irl :xd:

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

zuck and satya are in timb's squad and they're gonna gently caress google up

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

duTrieux. posted:

there was literally an AIDS edition of vista

someone post this

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

was the mouse included or separate

this is vital

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

The most complete version of Windows*

*if you already have windows installed

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Pinterest Mom posted:

new lenovo chromebook :woop:

you can fold the screen back!

but that's as far back as it'll fold

the reversible screen makes it great for road trips illustrations webcamming portability reading in bed putting it on your lap putting it on a table folding your friend's laptop back and having them say "cool, didn't know it could do that" or "dude, stop you're gonna loving break it, what the hell man, it's not supposed to go like that"

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

PleasureKevin posted:

the reversible screen makes it great for road trips illustrations webcamming portability reading in bed putting it on your lap putting it on a table folding your friend's laptop back and having them say "cool, didn't know it could do that" or "dude, stop you're gonna loving break it, what the hell man, it's not supposed to go like that"

this gave me some pleasure kevin

gregday
May 23, 2003

theadder posted:

was the mouse included or separate

this is vital

mouse included for oem sales compliance

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

I'm a Friend of Rodney Nano

PleasureKevin posted:

lol

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

theadder posted:

someone post this

tractor fanatic
Sep 9, 2005

Pillbug

Cygni posted:

google would buy twitter then announce its closing down gmail

'now your emails are social! the social web! retweet your meeting invite! fav your performance review email! web 4.0! please dont go sergey will cry'

remember when google had that thing where it would livegraph twitter posts about your search? that was cool. bring that back google

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

http://google-nest.org/ posted:

Google Hug. There for one another.

Having a bad day? Chances are high that someone else is too. And they’re probably not far away. 82% of the average person’s human interactions are now digital – which leaves very little for real connection. Who do you reach out to when you need face to face contact just to share your feelings or drink a cup of tea?

With our unique behavioral monitoring algorithms, embedded within all Google tools and services, we know when you’re not at your best and what kind of interaction you might need to feel better. Google Hug helps you find others nearby who have the same needs you do. Anytime. Just reach out and you’ll find what you’re looking for. We promise.

no google no. DONT HUG ME GOOGLE. DONT TOUCH ME THERE

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

scroogle nmaps posted:

no google no. DONT HUG ME GOOGLE. DONT TOUCH ME THERE

took me way too long to realise that wasn't actually made by google

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Miley Virus posted:

took me way too long to realise that wasn't actually made by google

yeah, they already have all the hugboxes they need

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Beeftweeter posted:

The most complete version of Windows*

*if you have aids

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

infernal machines posted:

afik the exchange server integration is only available with the Ex plans, not the Px small business plans. you can't mix the plans within a domain and the per license cost of the Px plans is lower so it tends to be what businesses with les than 25 licenses are using.

with 25 users it would probably take you less time to export the psts manually than to configure the auto export tool

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

oh, here's the google thread.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
NEST tstats aren't very good. They won't work with anything but a single speed system which means nothing high end will work with a NEST.

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

huh really? i remeber their site let you view setup info for a billion kinds of furnace setups

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

huh really? i remeber their site let you view setup info for a billion kinds of furnace setups

That might be true for furnaces. I'm down in South Florida so we mainly deal with straight cool systems. And any of those that are two speed or variable speed won't work with NEST. That is direct from the manufacturers and our own experience working with them. And it doesn't make sense because you'd think Google would want to data mine from the higher end customers.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Trast posted:

That might be true for furnaces. I'm down in South Florida so we mainly deal with straight cool systems. And any of those that are two speed or variable speed won't work with NEST. That is direct from the manufacturers and our own experience working with them. And it doesn't make sense because you'd think Google would want to data mine from the higher end customers.

nest was developed by silicon valley dudes who barely use or even have air conditioning but do occasionally have to use simple heat setups; hence why its unsuitable for a ton of places.

google's certainly not going to spend more money on the product

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

the enst screen is getting dated now too

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

When will Google have its own OS?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Install Windows posted:

nest was developed by silicon valley dudes who barely use or even have air conditioning but do occasionally have to use simple heat setups; hence why its unsuitable for a ton of places.

google's certainly not going to spend more money on the product

That just makes even less sense as a purchase then. :psyduck:

• Locked thread