Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coleman
May 5, 2011

This just in: Beverly Hills 90210, Cleveland Browns 3.
A similar, yet not quite as perfect, thing happened to Hoods in a Goonman the other day. He was last alive as CT with the bomb down, kind of trapped in a corner waiting for exits with just a pistol, when the bomb exploded, it literally fired an AWP right at him, he was able to grab and save it. Special deliverys are fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

I was wondering where I heard this song before and then it became obvious
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBzfxt3UqLs

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Time to bet all in on Mystik.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

pandaK posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBzfxt3UqLs

Funny, this is where I heard it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMJWL1CczMI

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

pandaK posted:

I mostly know it from MiniNeo's Greatest Hits 2013.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKxutLIrwd4

seriously nobody ever checks that corner

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

old dog child posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKxutLIrwd4

seriously nobody ever checks that corner

Shoulda knifed that 3rd guy

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Been surfing for the first time

Then I look up a world record time

My head is going to combust

Carrier
May 12, 2009

Xenaero posted:

Been surfing for the first time

Then I look up a world record time

My head is going to combust

Surfing owns and is the chillest thing you can do in cs

Lavender Philtrum
May 16, 2011
Surfing makes me sick.

No, not like that. It literally makes me sick or I'd enjoy it. Climbing too.

Baby tummy.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
surfing kinda sucks in csgo.

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Apogee15 posted:

surfing kinda sucks in csgo.

The server selection in CSGO is much better in my opinion. In CSS you had to pick from rpg/dm nonsense or super hard maps and in GO there seems to be plenty of servers without stupid mods with maps of all skill levels

Incredulous Dylan
Oct 22, 2004

Fun Shoe
Is there a CS:GO texture jungle map? Only reason to know how to surf, IMO.

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Found you have to go alone
Just a typical day on cache for our heroic goons.

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

An ace I got that same game...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lEXo94S8YE

whoknew fucked around with this message at 19:09 on May 7, 2014

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Lavender Philtrum posted:

Surfing makes me sick.

No, not like that. It literally makes me sick or I'd enjoy it. Climbing too.

Baby tummy.

Dawwwwwwwwww sounds like someone needs mommy's milk :qq:

I'm spending the next four days taking care of my parents farm out in the middle of nowhere while they're on vacation. Their computer is decent but Jesus, rural DSL, it's so damnes painful. :negative:

Might try to goonman to see how bad it truly gets but if I just become Warpmaster Prost, it's because I have Boomhauer ISP.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Awesome Welles posted:

Dawwwwwwwwww sounds like someone needs mommy's milk :qq:

I'm spending the next four days taking care of my parents farm out in the middle of nowhere while they're on vacation. Their computer is decent but Jesus, rural DSL, it's so damnes painful. :negative:

Might try to goonman to see how bad it truly gets but if I just become Warpmaster Prost, it's because I have Boomhauer ISP.

If it's satellite internet enjoy your minimum 1000+ ping

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx
I've been playing on the server as meow meow recently, has anyone noticed obvious things I should fix in my game play to get better? I can find some demos if that someone would be willing to go through one but I figured I'd ask if there is anything obvious first. Also if you see me doing something dumb in game or something to fix let me know, I'd appreciate it.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Robot Randy posted:

If it's satellite internet enjoy your minimum 1000+ ping

Fortunately it's not, they somehow have a DSL line out here but I'm sure it's not much better at this point.

FetalDave
Jun 25, 2011

Moumantai!
I hate when I end up on the wrong end of one of those clips :smith:.

I got a pretty drat good ace on mirage_ce last night, but I'm way too lazy to make a movie of it.

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

FetalDave posted:

I hate when I end up on the wrong end of one of those clips :smith:..

First thing I do with every youtube link in this thread is scan the roster for my name/avatar.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Aces are so passe, it's all about edging now. Get that 4k almost ace clutch and then get killed by the last person unnghhhhhhh.

Lots of those.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
I'm very in to ace denial and CTT

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.
Gotta check that poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meoYsnz43zE

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

At that low of a mm rank they probably don't know what to call places.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

I like the guy who said "Spawn."

Coleman
May 5, 2011

This just in: Beverly Hills 90210, Cleveland Browns 3.

mcvey posted:

Aces are so passe, it's all about edging now. Get that 4k almost ace clutch and then get killed by the last person unnghhhhhhh.

Lots of those.
I just got a pistol round 4K and then crashed, does that count?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Shadowlz posted:

There was plenty of foreshadowing when "always check toxic" hid on toxic every other round. That was a really fun game. UMPs are really useful on Nuke. :allears:

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

Shadowlz posted:

It was nova 2-4 range. They should know better.

My favourite reddit quote:

guitarcrazy408 posted:

I just played a round with 'always check toxic', he has no intention of being competitive or winning in competitive matchmaking, if it were possible i'd avoid playing with him

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010
Is there a big enough difference between SMGs to really matter? Like it seems like I can just buy the p90 and not care rather than think about it. I sometimes see people chatting up certain SMGs but they all seem kinda samey to me. Same goes for shotguns. I think one of them (the xm one?) is automatic, but that's about all I can tell. I have the spreadsheet for their damage, but it seems like at the pace of CSGO the time to kill won't vary a whole lot and will come down more to aim rather than having the Best Gun. The only thing that makes a real difference is armor and even then if they have armor you probs want your standard rifle anyway?

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
P90 is good cause of the deep clip and armor penetration. Bison is great for 2nd round cause of deeper clip and I love how easy its recoil is to control. Feels like a baby Negev sometimes.

mp9 and mac10 blow for their own reasons, don't worry about them. Just buy a CZ.

UMP and MP7 are ok-good. I love my UMP because of the caramel skin, and its really easy to burst fire and poo poo. I don't know, the UMP and mp7 trade 1 tick of damage vs accuracy. Make whatever you want of that.

I used to use the UMP a lot in silvers, but now I pretty much either use the Bison or P90 for the SMGs.

---

Sawed off and the mag shotguns rule hardcore close range but are unforgiving if you gently caress up. Nova can medium range if you're being stupid or can't pull our your pistol. (I loving love nailing headshots with the Nova, feels good man.)

Auto is mixed. I suck with it. The recoil compensation might help, since it pulls left AND right between rounds.

http://imgur.com/a/mzpuh#35

ziasquinn fucked around with this message at 01:34 on May 8, 2014

Lavender Philtrum
May 16, 2011
Mac10 owns and I will kill you next time I see you in a goonman, with an accurate jumping headshot burst.

Also god the amount of times I've tried to Sawed-Off someone and shot over their head or shoulder is embarassing.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Lavender Philtrum posted:

Mac10 owns and I will kill you next time I see you in a goonman, with an accurate jumping headshot burst.

Also god the amount of times I've tried to Sawed-Off someone and shot over their head or shoulder is embarassing.

Agreed on sawed-off.

I probably just suck with mac 10. I also never goonman cause I can't handle getting screamed at which is what I imagine happens 100% of the time.

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010
Also just as important as gun-chat I saw someone earlier say that textbinds don't cycle randomly in CSGO? that kinda sucks, but the fact that everyone is really tense and never typing is a good environment for binds, i feel

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010
also, I tried the CZ for like 1 match and ditched it for 5-7 on CT side and P250 on T, because I kept running out of bullets

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

WAMPA_STOMPA posted:

Is there a big enough difference between SMGs to really matter? Like it seems like I can just buy the p90 and not care rather than think about it. I sometimes see people chatting up certain SMGs but they all seem kinda samey to me.
You're losing out on the bonus cash if you pick up a P90 and could've gotten the kills with any of the other SMGs, for one thing.

quote:

Same goes for shotguns.
MAG-7 will make you look like an arsehole when you reload it with 3 shots remaining and are hoping for a quick barrel-being-filled animation at least once in your life but the damage is amazing. I prefer the sawn-off to the Nova on T because it makes a noise that sounds like a 90s car door getting slammed on your target's head.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

WAMPA_STOMPA posted:

also, I tried the CZ for like 1 match and ditched it for 5-7 on CT side and P250 on T, because I kept running out of bullets

You must have patience, grasshopper.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
I honestly don't understand how it's possible for people to have such a fundamental misunderstanding of CS basics

seriously where the silver goons at

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010

Robot Randy posted:

I honestly don't understand how it's possible for people to have such a fundamental misunderstanding of CS basics

thread title?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

jBrereton posted:

MAG-7 will make you look like an arsehole when you reload it with 3 shots remaining and are hoping for a quick barrel-being-filled animation at least once in your life but the damage is amazing. I prefer the sawn-off to the Nova on T because it makes a noise that sounds like a 90s car door getting slammed on your target's head.

Sawed-off is even more unforgiving than the other shotguns, but it's worth noting that it holds a significant advantage in armour penetration. The Nova's smaller spread may provide some extra effective damage, but in practice I seem to get a lot more OHKs with the Sawed-off (and if I don't get the OHK I also die a lot more).

WAMPA_STOMPA posted:

You're supposed to use the CZ to kill exactly one motherfucker dead and then either take his gun (pistol / eco rounds) or switch back to your primary and reload ("got loads of cash so I add a pistol to my full buy" rounds). It's not a gun you actually hold on to.

That said, I too have put the P250 in my $300 T slot, because they already have the Tec-9 as a solid desperation spam-gun that isn't much more expensive, but they don't have anything short of the Deagle that you can use to try and headshot armoured enemies. While for CTs it's the opposite, the 5-7 is a fine cheapo all-around gun so the CZ-75 can take the $300 slot as the "oh poo poo gotta kill this one dude fast" option.

• Locked thread