Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Kaskadan posted:

Get a small wooden plank and put a tennis ball on it.
Drop the plank on top of the basketball from a decent height.
The tennis ball will shoot up into the air.

Wasn't this something from The Zybourne Clock?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

That was a good documentary, not gonna lie. (The most recent Rock documentary)

"What the gently caress" for captions.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

dialhforhero posted:

That was a good documentary, not gonna lie. (The most recent Rock documentary)

"What the gently caress" for captions.

Which one is the most recent?

Kaskadan
Mar 28, 2010

I've got some bad NOMS for you

Delsaber posted:

Wasn't this something from The Zybourne Clock?

NFI, I remember it from a science show at primary school
They did all sorts of crap like this to show how energy moves through objects in different ways.
For the final 'experiment' was to put a ping pong ball on top of a Tennis ball on top of a basketball and drop it from head height.
It took a couple of goes to get them all to bounce straight, but when they did, the ping pong ball ended up on the roof of the hall

They also taught us one of those 'unlosable bet' tricks with a rubber ball and 2 wooden planks. But I really can't see how that would apply to wrestling, so I'll leave it out.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

(source)

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Glad Bryan brought this back on Monday

6EQUJ5 6 7
Sep 1, 2012

I'd do the same as you.
I don't know if these have been posted or not, so please forgive me if they have! I just wanted to share this because it's great. I present to you, Connor the Crusher.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Basically the WWE, HHH, and Daniel Bryan are some of the coolest people.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I haven't had a chance to watch the whole video yet but holy poo poo they actually made a Titantron video for him. That's beautiful. WWE owns.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Yeah, as much as anyone can complain about the product, they really do go above and beyond for sick kids and that seriously needs to be pushed into the public eye more often.

Daniel Bryan posted:

Glad Bryan brought this back on Monday

There has to be some way he can cleanly transition that into a Yes Lock on the way down. I keep watching it but it's too fast to figure out exactly how.

Funktastic
Jul 23, 2013

Endless Mike posted:

I haven't had a chance to watch the whole video yet but holy poo poo they actually made a Titantron video for him. That's beautiful. WWE owns.

I watched the video, and I never even noticed that. It's seriously great.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Watched the entire thing, cried my eyes out cause it hit to close to home(7 year old nephew died of cancer 3 years ago.)

It was really awesome of the WWE to go beyond like that for that kid, they could have just ended the commitment there at the make a wish thing, but they took a step it further and invited him to Wrestlemania, gave him a video, a theme and all the superstars just clapping for the kid, even the father acknowledges that he feels it gave the kid more incentive to hang and spend more time with his folks.

Just really amazing stuff, wish the press would cover more of that instead sensationalist bullshit.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

HHH kicks out at 2.9

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

HHH is sinking millions of dollars into Connor's treatment so he can get his win back :argh:

Seriously though that's really heartwarming.

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

Jerusalem posted:

HHH is sinking millions of dollars into Connor's treatment so he can get his win back :argh:

I don't think HHH will get his win back anytime soon.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

sticklefifer posted:

Yeah, as much as anyone can complain about the product, they really do go above and beyond for sick kids and that seriously needs to be pushed into the public eye more often.

There has to be some way he can cleanly transition that into a Yes Lock on the way down. I keep watching it but it's too fast to figure out exactly how.

If he did it before they hit the mat he'd be at serious risk to actually separate the other guy's shoulder.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

ChikoDemono posted:

Hah! Take that, Trip--

oh.

:smith:

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

WWE is really cool sometimes

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

ChikoDemono posted:

He doesn't need to, he already buried him.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

TheJoker138 posted:

I am so not giffing that.

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

TheJoker138 posted:

:drat:

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

TheJoker138 posted:

loving hell.

Violently Car
Dec 2, 2007

You are now entering completely darkness

TheJoker138 posted:

Dude come on

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

TheJoker138 posted:

boooooooooooooooooo

A child is dead, you fucker.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

ChikoDemono posted:

Oh the kid actually died? That's terrible and I feel awful for making that joke now :smith:

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Jerusalem posted:

Oh the kid actually died? That's terrible and I feel awful for making that joke now :smith:

Yeah, he passed a little while ago, and I think that's when the mini-doc on him got released. :smith:

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Teddybear posted:

Yeah, he passed a little while ago, and I think that's when the mini-doc on him got released. :smith:

NSFW (if yo don't like crying your eyes out at work) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RAhxhIHdpM

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the child died. owen hart is also dead and chris benoit killed his wife and son. these are jokes

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I'd like to point out that Otagon actually beat me to that but then edited his post.

I know it's awful but there's no way I could pass that up because I'm a horrible person. The video did make me cry though, and WWE is awesome for doing all of that.

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out
Yup, glad I waited till I got home to watch that. Got dusty in here real fast.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

TheJoker138 posted:

I'd like to point out that Otagon actually beat me to that but then edited his post.

I know it's awful but there's no way I could pass that up because I'm a horrible person. The video did make me cry though, and WWE is awesome for doing all of that.

Well the Joker definitely would make that joke. I appended the Mark Hamill laugh in my mind.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

WrasslorMonkey posted:

NSFW (if yo don't like crying your eyes out at work) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RAhxhIHdpM

I didn't really pick up on it in the gif at first, but the fact that he hooked the leg when he pinned HHH is amazing :allears:

Burt Buckle
Sep 1, 2011

I like how he pats Daniel Bryan's back in the last gif. Like, 'Good job Daniel. I'm proud of you.'

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

I didn't really pick up on it in the gif at first, but the fact that he hooked the leg when he pinned HHH is amazing :allears:

Haha, yes. As soon as his little hand went to grab haitch's leg I was marking out. Veteran move.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
I'm not gonna watch that because I'm a big tough man who never ever cries. :(

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Trips sold that punch great

WWE owns for kids and it's the only reason why I can slightly stand Super John Cena The Boring Character sometimes.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

ZenVulgarity posted:

Trips sold that punch great

WWE owns for kids and it's the only reason why I can slightly stand Super John Cena The Boring Character sometimes.

I hate watching Cena, I hate his interviews, and I hate the way he's booked.

But if I was in charge I wouldn't change a god drat thing about it because it resonates so well with kids, and especially with kids with terminal illness. And that's more important than us smarks being bored for a segment of the night or whatever, honestly.

ironcladfolly
May 22, 2007

Devil's Favorite Doggie

TheJoker138 posted:

I hate watching Cena, I hate his interviews, and I hate the way he's booked.

But if I was in charge I wouldn't change a god drat thing about it because it resonates so well with kids, and especially with kids with terminal illness. And that's more important than us smarks being bored for a segment of the night or whatever, honestly.

This, pretty much. It's still the reason I laugh when the IWC gets so angry over the way Cena's booked. Yeah, it's boring. Yeah, it's unimaginative. But the kids love it, and I'd rather see a bunch of children happy for the sake of youthful joy than see a bunch of manchildren happy because they take wrestling so goddamned seriously. Go watch Cesaro swing a dude or something.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

MiketheGreat posted:

This, pretty much. It's still the reason I laugh when the IWC gets so angry over the way Cena's booked. Yeah, it's boring. Yeah, it's unimaginative. But the kids love it, and I'd rather see a bunch of children happy for the sake of youthful joy than see a bunch of manchildren happy because they take wrestling so goddamned seriously. Go watch Cesaro swing a dude or something.

They still haven't broken up the Shield and we have the Wyatts and other bullshit

At least Cena is at a stage where he doesn't need a belt now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Also hasn't Cena done more Make-A-Wish wishes then anyone else or something like that?