Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Thauros posted:

Most 1999 Match of the Year Candidate

Daniel Bryan vs. Kane, WWE Extreme Rules

this was actually all of Extreme Rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Rodney the Piper posted:

HM: Shield vs. Evolution - 5/4/14

Agree very good match but sheild have had better matches already this year.

Pistol Packin Poet
Nov 5, 2012

Everyone needs an
escape goat!

Rodney the Piper posted:

HM: Shield vs. Evolution - 5/4/14

I agree.

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
HMs for WeeLC and D-Bry/Kane.
MOTYC for Shield/Evolution.

nongdongfongbong
Jul 30, 2006
"Nongnongdongfongbong" is one character too long. : (
MOTYC - Tomoaki Honma vs. Tomohiro Ishii

Best I've seen this year so far. Not high end, but I'm sure there'll be better ones in the second half of 2014.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

nongdongfongbong posted:

Best I've seen this year so far. Not high end, but I'm sure there'll be better ones in the second half of 2014.

Yo this needs a forth, btw. Surely one more person watched Dontaku.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I'll fourth it.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Yo this needs a forth, btw. Surely one more person watched Dontaku.

I'm going to be watching it later this week.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

nongdongfongbong posted:

Nth

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

motyc ricochet vs yamoto
hm flamita vs susumu

5/5 dead or alive 2014

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

yea ok posted:

motyc ricochet vs yamoto
hm flamita vs susumu

5/5 dead or alive 2014

2nd to both

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:

yea ok posted:

motyc ricochet vs yamoto
hm flamita vs susumu

5/5 dead or alive 2014

Where did you see it? Tell me now!

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Yeah, not like they need another vote at this point but now that I've seen the match I'd easily give Ishii/Honma a MOTYC nod and a HM to Okada/Styles. Ishii might seriously get my vote for most outstanding wrestler right now, dude always delivers.

Here's links to a couple matches I think deserve a second look in this thread.

Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Bad Luck Fale- New Japan Cup Final 3/23 - this fell 1 vote short of a well deserved IMO HM.

Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Shinsuke Nakamura- NJPW Invasion Attack 4/06 - Made the HM list, but this was IMO the best of their trilogy this year and deserved a MOTYC nod. I'm a Shinsuke mark so maybe I'm just biased cause he won, but watch it yourself and decide if you haven't seen it yet.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

ChampRamp posted:

Where did you see it? Tell me now!

ustream.tv

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

yea ok posted:

motyc ricochet vs yamoto
hm flamita vs susumu

5/5 dead or alive 2014

hey i just saw this show it was a lot of fun and I would like to 3rd these nominations and also add

HM: Akira Tozawa/Shingo Takagi vs. Masaaki Mochizuki/Don Fujii from Dragon Gate's Dead or Alive 5/5/14

oatgan fucked around with this message at 05:00 on May 7, 2014

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Was Ishii/Honma better than Ishii/Naito (when Ishii won the Never Openweight Title)? Because if so, holy shiiiiiiiiiiiit :stare:

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

Was Ishii/Honma better than Ishii/Naito (when Ishii won the Never Openweight Title)? Because if so, holy shiiiiiiiiiiiit :stare:

I don't think it was. Ishii/Honma was crazy and basically a 15 minute sprint with huge moves and stuff (diving headbutts to the floor) but ultimately Ishii/Naito was cooler with a better finishing sequence.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

oatgan posted:

I don't think it was. Ishii/Honma was crazy and basically a 15 minute sprint with huge moves and stuff (diving headbutts to the floor) but ultimately Ishii/Naito was cooler with a better finishing sequence.

Yeah. Ishii/Naito is my personal MOTY so far, Ishii/Honma was an excellent ****1/2ish match but not quite at that level for me.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Okay good, because I don't know if my heart could take a match better than Ishii/Naito.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

HM: Wyatts/Shield RAW 5/5/14

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

no

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

ok

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

thanks for your time

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

No prob amigo.

Match was pretty good though.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

it was totally forgettable, especially compared to their earlier offerings

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Now I feel like I wasn't paying enough attention.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

It was probably the "worst" Wyatts/Shield match so far. Perfectly serviceable match but nothing special.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

It says something about them that their worst match of a series is still really really good.

LanceBurrito
Jan 6, 2013
MOTY: Connor The Crusher vs. HHH

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

yea ok posted:

motyc ricochet vs yamoto
hm flamita vs susumu

5/5 dead or alive 2014

4th

oatgan posted:

hey i just saw this show it was a lot of fun and I would like to 3rd these nominations and also add

HM: Akira Tozawa/Shingo Takagi vs. Masaaki Mochizuki/Don Fujii from Dragon Gate's Dead or Alive 5/5/14

Second

HM: BxB Hulk (Cyber Kong) vs. CIMA (Dragon Kid) vs. Jimmy Kanda (Jimmy Susumu) vs. Masato Yoshino (Shachihoko BOY) vs. Mr. Kyu Kyu Naoki Tanizaki Toyonaka Dolphin (Genki Horiguchi H.A.Gee.Mee!!) vs. Naruki Doi (Kzy) in a Six Way Scramble Scapegoat Mask vs. Hair Cage Match. DG Dead or Alive 5/5/14

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

ChampRamp posted:

4th

Second

HM: BxB Hulk (Cyber Kong) vs. CIMA (Dragon Kid) vs. Jimmy Kanda (Jimmy Susumu) vs. Masato Yoshino (Shachihoko BOY) vs. Mr. Kyu Kyu Naoki Tanizaki Toyonaka Dolphin (Genki Horiguchi H.A.Gee.Mee!!) vs. Naruki Doi (Kzy) in a Six Way Scramble Scapegoat Mask vs. Hair Cage Match. DG Dead or Alive 5/5/14

the true match of the year

http://gfycat.com/HauntingMeagerItaliangreyhound
http://gfycat.com/ScratchyAdoredFish
http://gfycat.com/SophisticatedRegalAndeancat

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
What the gently caress are those URLs?

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

KungFu Grip posted:

What the gently caress are those URLs?

Someone please tell me what is going on

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

LanceBurrito posted:

MOTY: Connor The Crusher vs. HHH

2nd

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

Someone please tell me what is going on

Several members of stables fighting to make sure their stablemate doesn't have to get their head shaved or be unmasked. It's fantastic.

Watch the whole Dead or Alive iPPV, it's the best show of the year so far.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I haven't watched past the Flamita vs. Susumu match, but it's been great so far. If anyone wants more info on DG, check the last page of the general puro thread KFG and NotQuiteQuentin provided some helpful links and info when I asked since I'm new to DG myself.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

yea ok posted:

motyc ricochet vs yamoto
hm flamita vs susumu

5/5 dead or alive 2014

oatgan posted:

ChampRamp posted:

I would also like to add nominations to these. Great show

PC Brigadier
Oct 2, 2013

ChampRamp posted:

yea ok posted:

motyc ricochet vs yamoto
hm flamita vs susumu

oatgan posted:

nthing all of these, that show was so much fun.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
Wrestling is pretty drat awesome this year. Don't need to nominate the cage match but it was magic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
I'll fifth (?) MOTY Honma vs Ishii Wrestling Dontaku 5/03. It's a little more borderline for me than I expected, but I can see it being deserving.

I'll also give a MOTY nod to AJ-Okada. Not sure I loved the booking concept that got them to that point, but the match was real drat good.

• Locked thread