Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Pron on VHS posted:

Marcel Reese is a better Mike Tolbert, who cares about his roster position

you wanna fight motherfucker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
I would want no less than a first round pick for Marcel Reece.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

First of all if the Chiefs traded Berry I think that would be the final straw for me. Second of all Eric Galko is a noted full of poo poo assclown.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
Eric Berry for a 2nd? Screw drafting Scott Crichton or whoever, Whaley had best be on that poo poo.
Well, if it's for real, which it isn't, because it probably would've happened already if it was.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Alouicious posted:

you wanna fight motherfucker

Watched them both a lot and sorry Reece loving owns.

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast
I'm so starved for draft I'm going to go home and do a Madden franchise draft with no intention of actually playing the franchise.

This discussion has also made me want to get Eric Berry in Detroit.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

I like FBs

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
OH MY GAWD IS THE DRAFT HERE ALREADY?

Who is televising it?! WHERE CAN I SEE CLEVELAND TRADE 3 FIRSTS TO DROP 10 POSITIONS?! I'm in Texas now I suppose I have to be a Cowboys fan...or a Cleveland fan...can't win, man.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Eric Berry's Cap hit next year is over $8m. I'd agree with trading Flowers away, but probably not Hali. Hell, Berry is going to continue to be great, but it's going to have to be cheaper than $8m a year. That's nuts.

I'd be fine with trading him for a second if we could get someone with his level of talent. So I'm not fine with trading him.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Dattserberg posted:

I'm so starved for draft I'm going to go home and do a Madden franchise draft with no intention of actually playing the franchise.

This discussion has also made me want to get Eric Berry in Detroit.

You act like we didn't do this in college all the time.

God I loved those days

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

No Butt Stuff posted:

Eric Berry's Cap hit next year is over $8m. I'd agree with trading Flowers away, but probably not Hali. Hell, Berry is going to continue to be great, but it's going to have to be cheaper than $8m a year. That's nuts.

I'd be fine with trading him for a second if we could get someone with his level of talent. So I'm not fine with trading him.
Do you realistically expect to find a Pro Bowl safety that also plays LB in sub packages in the 2nd round? I'd say 8 million per season is a fair price.

Like kiimo said, if they trade Berry I'm done with the Chiefs.

LiquidFriend fucked around with this message at 02:05 on May 8, 2014

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

LiquidFriend posted:

Do you realistically expect to find a Pro Bowl safety that also plays LB in sub packages in the 2nd round? I'd say 8 million per season is a fair price.

Like kiimo said, if they trade Berry I'm done with the Chiefs.

That's what I said I'm not fine with trading him.

If they trade him, I'll be pretty pissed. Flowers, I'd be okay with trading. Berry, no.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Several of my online passwords involve Eric Berry

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'd be beyond pissed. Like, I think I'd have to finally become a Seahawks fan. For a list of like ten things Seattle's done right* in the past five years that I wanted the Chiefs to do and they've instead wrapped a ball of poo poo in bacon and charged me to eat it.

*Starting with paying their secondary.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

No Butt Stuff posted:

That's what I said I'm not fine with trading him.

If they trade him, I'll be pretty pissed. Flowers, I'd be okay with trading. Berry, no.
I should of read that last part. :geno:

Now here's a good question. Who would you trade first, Berry or Charles?

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Charles, he's about a year or two away from falling off a cliff.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
I think the Chiefs have done more good stuff than bad recently so quitting on them now seems unwise...

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I know, I'm just jealous of Seattle because of that defense and Russell. I could never quit the Chiefs, I've been a married battered spouse too long to leave. It's how I know they love me.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
This is just hilarious:

Rotoworld posted:

The Browns reportedly conducted an "expensive and thorough analytics study" before the draft that "ultimately pointed to" Teddy Bridgewater showing the "best success rate" in the 2014 quarterback class.
Per CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora, the $100,000 study was spearheaded by club president Alec Scheiner. The team commissioned "decades of successful NFL quarterbacks" and took into consideration "all sorts of variables," while incorporating both "film review and advanced metrics." La Canfora reports analytics are "taken very seriously within the Browns' organization," and believes Bridgewater could be in play for Cleveland at the Nos. 26 and 35 overall picks.

I should really get into the football analytics racket

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

kiimo posted:

I know, I'm just jealous of Seattle because of that defense and Russell. I could never quit the Chiefs, I've been a married battered spouse too long to leave. It's how I know they love me.

My friend the sun will shine on our asses one day, I think it is soon.

vv It has not.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
I think it already passed

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Pron on VHS posted:

I think the Chiefs have done more good stuff than bad recently so quitting on them now seems unwise...
I don't think Dorsey would ever make that trade, so I'll keep coming back and telling myself that things will be better this time. :unsmith:

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Doltos posted:

This is just hilarious:

I mean sure they did an extensive and expensive analysis and determined he was the best QB, but spending the number 4 pick on him? Ehhh...

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Bridgewater isn't going to last past Minnesota, and neither should he.

Hey, this whole predicting the draft thing is fun and easy.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

PrinceRandom posted:

spending the number 4 pick on him? Ehhh...

Remember not long ago Mr Bridgewater was considered a worthy top overall pick and many believed the Texas were in a pickle between him and the Clown

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Johnny Manziel will go somewhere he is asked to do too much too quickly and will be out of the league in 4 years.

drat, that is easy. Hundreds of thousands of dollars please.

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast
It really surprises me that if you would like someone so much, especially a QB, that you would wait and hope he is still available at 26.

Since the restructuring of the CBA, it almost encourages taking a gamble on a QB earlier. You aren't financially tied to the player like you were with the previous agreement. If it turns your guy is a bust, gently caress it, jettison him after 2-3 years. But if he hits then you've got him locked up at an extremely reasonable salary for 5 years. Granted, this is all blue skies scenarios here and a GM usually doesn't have the luxury of this approach but I think it sounds reasonable.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Doltos posted:

This is just hilarious:

gently caress it, the eye test hasn't gotten them anywhere.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Doltos posted:

This is just hilarious:

I like how the summation of that story is that they'll target Bridgewater with the their late 1st or 2nd round pick.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Febreeze posted:

Remember not long ago Mr Bridgewater was considered a worthy top overall pick and many believed the Texas were in a pickle between him and the Clown

I can't speak for the front office, but I've been on the Clowney train since...October. :negative:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Pron on VHS posted:

Several of my online passwords involve Eric Berry

Don'tmesswithnohorses01

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

The Tennessee Titans absolutely should take Bridgewater if he slides out of the top 10. They've got the luxury to sit him for a year 2 months until Locker gets hurt.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Febreeze posted:

I was joking. It's either a sad smokescreen (we payed for all this poo poo but nah we're not that interested) or just idiocy.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Febreeze posted:

I still think this.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

LiquidFriend posted:

The Tennessee Titans absolutely should take Bridgewater if he slides out of the top 10. They've got the luxury to sit him for a year 2 months until Locker gets hurt.

Teddy is the only QB I'd be alright with the Titans picking. If they don't, I'd rather just see Locker get a chance with an actual coach for once than any of the other QBs in the draft.

None of the mid-round QBs excite me any more than Tyler Wilson, who they snagged off Oakland's practice squad at the end of last season.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

quote:

A source told Packer Report that Ohio State LB Ryan Shazier is unlikely to fall past the Dolphins at No. 19 overall.
Shazier has been a late riser after running a 4.37 forty at the Buckeyes' Pro Day, and recording mind-bogglingly explosive jumps of 42" in the vertical and 10-foot-10 in the broad. The Fins have been searching for linebacker help since whiffing on D'Qwell Jackson in free agency. Shazier could play either middle or weak-side 'backer in Miami, with Philip Wheeler losing his starting job.

I need the fins to not take loving Ryan Shazier at 19 jesus christ rotoworld. i know its the night before and smoke screens, but this would be worse than taking Ebron. Another athletic lb who struggles vs run and can't shed college blocks? sounds great! He smells like a Vernon Gholston to me.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Guys I think the browns FO reads this thread

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Mayock just said on NFLN that Teddy needs two years to sit and then we'd be able to determine if he's a starting QB.

All from one lovely pro day. What the gently caress is going on?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Azhais posted:

Don'tmesswithnohorses01

Old password: Don'tmesswithnohorses01
New password: Donfoooowitnohorsesbruh1!
Retype password: Donfoooowitnohorsesbruh1!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

John Brown posted:

Mayock just said on NFLN that Teddy needs two years to sit and then we'd be able to determine if he's a starting QB.

All from one lovely pro day. What the gently caress is going on?

He's the son of a coach so he looks at prospects from a coach's perspective, and I guess that coach is Mike Ditka cause he's a loving idiot. Daniel Jeremiah and Bucky Brooks were laughing about Mayock earlier this week.

• Locked thread