Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

darkhand posted:

We killed findle, guys :woop:. Minotaur promptly shredded us though. Our dps on brownie was so awful, like 200k total, it makes no sense.

Probably just gonna go balance route. Our melee have a hard time burning findle, I think we will melee burn mino then get back on findle/executioners when burns come down.

That strategy all depends on how well people can pay attention to emotes and know how to make (and respond to) audio triggers. One fireball from Findlewill will wipe most raids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
Heh.

darkhand fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Apr 30, 2014

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Anyone having problems with right-clicks being interpreted as double right-clicks since the patch? For example, I right-click a tradeskill container, and the tradeskill window flashes quickly and closes. Same when inspecting vendor items. Maybe it's my mouse...

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Pilsner posted:

Anyone having problems with right-clicks being interpreted as double right-clicks since the patch? For example, I right-click a tradeskill container, and the tradeskill window flashes quickly and closes. Same when inspecting vendor items. Maybe it's my mouse...

That's been happening to me for years. I've also not bought a new mouse for years.

Take it for what you will.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Dubious posted:

That's been happening to me for years. I've also not bought a new mouse for years.

Take it for what you will.

Only in EQ?

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

Had that problem with my mouse, it was a hardware issue

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Has anyone else noticed that immediately after killing a mob that their pet automatically goes into /pet hold mode? I wonder if it's a MQ2 script or some bug with the client?

I've been moving for the past few days so I haven't been on for a few days, but I'm gonna try to push to hit 97 tonight. It's funny that I still get giddy when I get a new pet spell.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Mission complete! After perhaps 50 or more Plane of Sky runs, I have obtained all six available Monk items. :D Check out the 16/22 weapon, good stuff.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
What, only ONE Wu fist? Newb.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch
Dat backpack full of bandages doe :v:

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Pilsner posted:

Mission complete! After perhaps 50 or more Plane of Sky runs, I have obtained all six available Monk items. :D Check out the 16/22 weapon, good stuff.

Awesome job! I love seeing stuff like that!

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Pilsner posted:

Only in EQ?

Yea, only in EQ. Only game that does it. I still rock an Intellimouse Explorer 3.0 from way back

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

MrTheDevious posted:

Dat backpack full of bandages doe :v:
You know I love the grind. Bind Wound skill at 262 and rising. :cool: I usually go to Plane of Sky, get death touched to lose almost all my HP, then bind like a madman.

Other pro skills: Safe Fall 480, Intimidation 418, Begging 319, Fishing 200, Disarm 380, Swimming 306, and all languages maxed at 100. :cool:

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Pilsner posted:

You know I love the grind. Bind Wound skill at 262 and rising. :cool: I usually go to Plane of Sky, get death touched to lose almost all my HP, then bind like a madman.

If you can get someone to request it, the Erudin's Burning raid has some torches that lock your HPs to 50% while you're in the instance. So you can just equip the torch and autofire bind wound overnight.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Qulas is streaming our raids tonight http://www.twitch.tv/qulas_dmize

Now with Vent audio!

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

jetz0r posted:

Qulas is streaming our raids tonight http://www.twitch.tv/qulas_dmize

Now with Vent audio!

Lies! There is no audio.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Devor posted:

Lies! There is no audio.

Send tells to xegony.qulas to let him know it sucks.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

jetz0r posted:

I don't log in anymore. I did bitch in twitch chat, though.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch

jetz0r posted:

Logging on just to do this

Edit - nm not streaming anymore, I'll talk poo poo to him next Sunday instead

MrTheDevious fucked around with this message at 02:44 on May 5, 2014

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I only get the desire to play EQ on Mondays when I start drinking at about 10am(I don't work Mondays and for most of my EQ life I didn't work Monday either).

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
I logged on for 15 minutes, forgot why I left my dudes in dawnshroud peaks, then logged off in confusion.

Mission Accomplished, Goonrush.

knockout
Apr 27, 2014

my reputation's never been worse, so

Shrapnig posted:

I only get the desire to play EQ on Mondays when I start drinking at about 10am(I don't work Mondays and for most of my EQ life I didn't work Monday either).

I feel the same way except that I do work on Mondays. Should I start playing this game again? Will you guys help me get my Ivy Etched and Ranger Epic 1.0?

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

Half of cotf raids seem ridiculously straight forward. Pretty much walk in and tank poo poo and kill it. Compare to like BG2 with massive setup time (for us) and choke points.

I hope we can get these down soon and get actual current raiding gear. Got some stupid assholes in this guild though. We did 100k total dps to xulous :laffo:. Pathetic. lovely DPS makes this poo poo way harder than it needs to be.

The funny thing is that if you want to be lazy, it's the worst way to go about it. Kill stuff in 10minutes freeing you to do other things, rather than casually dpsing for 30 minutes and making us wipe.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

darkhand posted:

Half of cotf raids seem ridiculously straight forward. Pretty much walk in and tank poo poo and kill it. Compare to like BG2 with massive setup time (for us) and choke points.

I hope we can get these down soon and get actual current raiding gear. Got some stupid assholes in this guild though. We did 100k total dps to xulous :laffo:. Pathetic. lovely DPS makes this poo poo way harder than it needs to be.

The funny thing is that if you want to be lazy, it's the worst way to go about it. Kill stuff in 10minutes freeing you to do other things, rather than casually dpsing for 30 minutes and making us wipe.

The Grandmaster fight is harder than any cotf raid, mechanics wise. We tried him with seven people last night for hours, the first time he was ever engaged. You have to pay attention to the chess board and pieces the most or you'll just be dead the entire time.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

We only have one guy close to flagging for that. Test server usually can by pass flagging rules if you have at least one guy with flag, not sure how that works on pop style events, if it does. Either way I think we are pretty far from attempting it.

The Anni raid might be more doable judging from last year's nagafen.(y'all should test copy and beat it for us)

darkhand fucked around with this message at 21:33 on May 7, 2014

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
It's impossible, unless there is some cheat or exploit. If you are in the room without the flag, you are death touched. If you try to cast heals or get on the grandmaster's hate list, he will melee you remotely (and hard,) if you try to loot something from a mob you aren't flagged to access, you are death touched.

Node fucked around with this message at 21:46 on May 7, 2014

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

Are you constantly on drugs? You're confused. I talk about how we are making progress on xorbb, you bring up fire balls from findle like it's some secret elite strategy, when that's known from the start. I talk about cotf and you bring up poWar Grand Master raid. I say Anni raid is more doable (a different event) and you start taking about grandmaster again.

I imagine you're trying to be helpful and I don't mean to be a dick but I have no idea how you connect some of the things you're talking about; do you?

Test server has different flagging mechanics. 85% does not apply, only one person need the flag to do most raids, as far as I know. If that applies to grand Master we have yet to see.(probably not, no big deal because we are far away from legit attempting him.) It seems a little silly to DT people like that on test server

darkhand fucked around with this message at 22:05 on May 7, 2014

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

darkhand posted:

Are you constantly on drugs? You're confused. I talk about how we are making progress on xorbb, you bring up fire balls from findle like it's some secret elite strategy, when that's known from the start. I talk about cotf and you bring up poWar Grand Master raid. I say Anni raid is more doable (a different event) and you start taking about grandmaster again.

I imagine you're trying to be helpful and I don't mean to be a dick but I have no idea how you connect some of the things you're talking about; do you?

Test server has different flagging mechanics. 85% does not apply, only one person need the flag to do most raids, as far as I know. If that applies to grand Master we have yet to see.(probably not, no big deal because we are far away from legit attempting him.) It seems a little silly to DT people like that on test server

I just read over the conversation again and yeah I am. I think I've had about ten hours of sleep for the last three days. Don't mind this senile/retard, I'm posting outside my memory unit.

Node fucked around with this message at 22:50 on May 7, 2014

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

What's the most easily attainable upgrade to EM12 items?

Aragosta
May 12, 2001

hiding in plain sight
I believe there is an EM15 earring from Neriak 4th Quarter in CotF. It's from a named golem I think, he spans on the bridge leading to the King in the static zone.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
I don't get what they are doing to this game.

First launch of tier 2 is going to happen soon. The beta has started and will last... 4 days. That includes Mother's Day. Then it goes on test and will go live.

This first launch is one zone, The Tower of Rot. It has a number of levels, and each floor is a copy and paste of each other. It has one raid. There are no new spells or AAs. Abilities and spells are getting nerfed, most notably Rest.

Smedley promised on the official Everquest boards (which is on Reddit, for some reason) that he heard the player complaints and that the next expansion will not continue the trend we are on now and will satisfy the concerns that players have. I really hope he is being honest, because what the gently caress. I wager that people that play Everquest now is not because they just want to play a MMORPG, they want to play it because it is Everquest. I don't think strangling the game is going to get us to move to another game like EQN, PS2, or H1Z1. I think we're not going to play MMORPGs anymore.

Node fucked around with this message at 10:45 on May 8, 2014

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Carl Seitan posted:

What's the most easily attainable upgrade to EM12 items?

EM13 drops off Worker's Champion in the gobbie area of Xorbb.
EM14 drops off Glorig the Underdog in Chelsith.
EM15 drops off Mass of Spite in N4G like Aragosta said.

The golem is probably easier than the other two mobs if you're a magician and can use an earth pet. Golem hits pretty hard but doesn't do much other than an infrequent FD but they boosted his hp and melee damage a couple of months ago so he's no longer a total joke if you're group geared.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

I've got a 98 nec and two mages that are 88. I'll get my nec to 100 and the mages into the 90s and give the golem a go. Thanks for the input.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
If those are my choices, definitely go for the N4G one. Worker's Champ sucks (although if you crash the zone it might be easier to catch him up :ssh:) and Glorig I remember being sort of mean. The worker's champ earring also drops in Find The Gems...Or Die! which is pretty easy when you have the gem chests marked on your map. Maybe...30 minutes of work, especially since you have pet classes and don't have to rely on a merc tank. Last boss hits like a wimp but has a splitting gimmick so either go easy on dps or be prepared to pick up adds fast.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

The rest Nerf is going to poo poo on grouping berserkers. They'll have to sit and rest halfway into every HA. And when they're not actively dumping endurance their DPS is worse than pets.

darkhand fucked around with this message at 19:14 on May 8, 2014

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

What are the major nerfs coming?

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

Currently you can hit rest and immediately start attacking while gaining endurance, up to ~29%. With the change, rest will drop once you enter combat.

Chanters are getting some runes nerfed

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

darkhand posted:

Currently you can hit rest and immediately start attacking while gaining endurance, up to ~29%. With the change, rest will drop once you enter combat.

The rest nerf is going to hurt. The enchanter runes are getting a small mana increase cost, and the runes are going to be a little less. The enchanter change isn't nearly as big as the Rest change.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Node posted:

The rest nerf is going to hurt. The enchanter runes are getting a small mana increase cost, and the runes are going to be a little less. The enchanter change isn't nearly as big as the Rest change.

Runes are also getting a 12s recast. So it's nerfing enc tanking.

Wizards are also losing the ability to refresh harvests with their claw line.

Wouldn't be surprised if there's a couple more nerfs hidden away that don't show up in the spell file.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

darkhand posted:

Da gently caress? That's going to be horrible for monks too. I though the entire point of the Respite line was to be able to keep basic abilities going and used forever, but would have to save or rest for a while to be able to burn discs.