Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How dumb was pushing back the draft?
This poll is closed.
Really dumb 58 11.09%
95 18.16%
121 23.14%
Too much mustard 249 47.61%
Total: 523 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Sataere posted:

Also, gently caress Clinton-Dix. I'll be very sad if the Ravens draft him. Unless he ends up being good. Then, I'll be fine with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Luminous Cow posted:

I'm super hyped for this draft, and I have to be at loving work for it :mad:

I signed up for vacation months ago just so that wouldn't happen

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

My wife works graveyard, and tomorrow is her only night off this week, thus the only night we can hang out. I already let her know she is going to hate me because I'm watching the draft.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Sataere posted:

My wife works graveyard, and tomorrow is her only night off this week, thus the only night we can hang out. I already let her know she is going to hate me because I'm watching the draft.

And losing money on a dumb Internet bet when Bridgewater is taken in the top 5.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Sataere posted:

I have 3 finals left in order to finish grad school. 2 are tomorrow until 8pm. the 3rd is Friday morning at 9 am.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I guess watching an old man stand up every 15 minutes to say a name and hug a man and then sit back down is a decent background thing to studying but I will want to hang with you my friends in the gdt.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I lucked out like crazy. I would have a class during the draft typically but the exam schedule moves it up so that I get out at 6.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Sataere posted:

Spend time with your wife instead of watching an old man call names for three hours

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Yeah, I don't get it, aside from maybe the number 1 overall, I probably won't watch it. Its something that you can flip over during commercials or check twitter/SA/the literal thousands of other sites to see the updates in real time.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
There are only two ways to watch the draft

(1) with a fellow fan, drinking and waiting for the absurd to happen.

(2) in the background

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
I'm going to go to a friends house to watch the draft, but I'm going to be browsing TFF and repeating funny things that funny TTFers say so that all my friends think I'm clever

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
I planned my whole week around those upcoming 3 hours tomorrow so I can sit at my battle station with multiple streams open like a real goon

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 06:14 on May 8, 2014

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Blitz7x posted:

I'm going to go to a friends house to watch the draft, but I'm going to be browsing TFF and repeating funny things that funny TTFers say so that all my friends think I'm clever

That would be a good plan if my friends weren't terrible. TFF is my football friend.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I'm planning on looking at my phone after the Seahawks pick some weirdo nobody has heard of, chuckle once, then go about my business.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Febreeze posted:

I planned my whole week around those upcoming 3 hours tomorrow so I can sit at my battle station with all my accounts open like a real goon

That's a funny name for your toilet

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Azhais posted:

That's a funny name for your toilet

It's seen some poo poo, man

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Spend time with your wife instead of watching an old man call names for three hours

Why would I want to do that? We have had an understanding in place for years that I will be retarded about NFL stuff, and I won't watch other sports while she is around.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Febreeze posted:

It's seen some poo poo, man

STOP LOOKING DOWN

gently caress

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

My team doesn't have a first round pick so I'm not really interested in the first day. Except to see funny draft picks.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Spoeank posted:

There are only two ways to watch the draft

(1) with a fellow fan, drinking and waiting for the absurd to happen.

(2) in the background
(2) in the background crew checking in - Thankfully I'll be stuck at work and so I'll just rely on twitter/SA to get my updates.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

I was going to watch the first round at Buffalo Wild Wings, but there's a good chance of hail here and I don't want my recently bought car to get tore up. :ohdear:

Will probably just watch it at home and rage with PB when the Chiefs draft a Guard.

One of these years I'm gonna attend the draft party at Arrowhead so I can people watch.

The guy sitting there just crossing his arms is gonna be me irl

LiquidFriend fucked around with this message at 07:09 on May 8, 2014

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

Bad Moon posted:

I'm planning on looking at my phone after the Seahawks pick some weirdo nobody has heard of, chuckle once, then go about my business.

With the 32nd pick of the 2014 NFL draft the Seattle Seahawks select: Nobody, from nowhere because it really doesnt matter anyway.

I only watch the draft because the GDT is funny. I'm gonna post LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL so many times.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Draft starts at 10am here so I'm going to get a ploughman's together, some beers and glass myself when the Bills trade up to 2 and grab a tackle.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

TG-Chrono posted:

Draft starts at 10am here so I'm going to get a ploughman's together, some beers and glass myself when the Bills trade up to 2 and grab a tackle.

530 AM for me. Then tomorrow night I have Crossfit Regionals to watch.

Busiest sports day since I woke up at 3am to watch the Panthers run out of steam against the niners :emo:

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
Does the draft start on the hour or 15 to 30 after?

Nibbler
Feb 13, 2007

America's Game, the way it's meant to be played.
How the gently caress could you not watch the draft? You are posting on this forum, you nerds. At least rounds 1-3, it's the best drama of the year until the season actually starts.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Nibbler posted:

How the gently caress could you not watch the draft? You are posting on this forum, you nerds. At least rounds 1-3, it's the best drama of the year until the season actually starts.

other sports exist and are in playoffs right now

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

I feel like this is a cry for help because we all know what is going to happen in those sports.

Just like we know what will happen next year in the NFL. Someone horribly unlikeable will win, probably beating someone else equally horribly unlikeable. I suppose cheering on Corey Perry probably gives you some hope but it probably won't be enough.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

I checked, there is no curling on. What other sports are there?

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

I have this feeling the NBA might not be happy since the draft bumped second round games to the deuce

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I watch the draft every year while on the phone with a Browns fan. It's amazing.

Jerome Agricola
Apr 11, 2010

Seriously,

who dat?

Ehud posted:

I watch the draft every year while on the phone with a Browns fan. It's amazing.

You're full of surprises. I had no idea you work for a suicide hotline.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Jerome Agricola posted:

You're full of surprises. I had no idea you work for a suicide hotline.

It's really depressing. When they traded up for Richardson, I really thought he was going to lose it.

Then they drafted Brandon Weeden. He wasn't even angry anymore. He just kept laughing.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

R.D. Mangles posted:

This is the first year in awhile where I could not possibly care less about the draft. Unless the Bears somehow move up and draft Clinton-Dix.

ESPN and assorted draftniks made absolutely certain to beat any interest out of me. The whole Bridgewater character assassination plot is a huge turn-off.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton
Twitter exists so we don't have to sit around and watch the draft. It's not 2003 anymore people.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Sataere posted:

Also, gently caress trading up for Jadaveon Clowney. I'll be very sad if the Falcons do that. Unless he ends up being good. Then, I'll be fine with it.

Butthead
May 31, 2011

Parlett316 posted:

Twitter exists so we don't have to sit around and watch the draft. It's not 2003 anymore people.

Then stick to Twitter and get the gently caress out.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Yup.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

LiquidFriend posted:

I was going to watch the first round at Buffalo Wild Wings, but there's a good chance of hail here and I don't want my recently bought car to get tore up. :ohdear:

Will probably just watch it at home and rage with PB when the Chiefs draft a Guard.

One of these years I'm gonna attend the draft party at Arrowhead so I can people watch.

The guy sitting there just crossing his arms is gonna be me irl
I love fat Hulk Hogan/Wilford Brimley. He's so excited.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Butthead posted:

Then stick to Twitter and get the gently caress out.

But this is N/V and not Draft

• Locked thread