Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How dumb was pushing back the draft?
This poll is closed.
Really dumb 58 11.09%
95 18.16%
121 23.14%
Too much mustard 249 47.61%
Total: 523 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

One week and ~20 hours from the draft, we've almost made it. Talk about how dumb Goodell is and how much less hype you are about the draft than you should be ITT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
I wasn't bothered by the draft push back when they announced it because I figured "hey, less dead air between the draft and training camp, plus two more weeks of speculation might not be that bad, certainly better than the garbage they put on air afterward" but these couple of weeks have added no value at all. Just more smokescreens and speculations.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I wish the NFL had Adam Silver as commissioner.

Also no checkbox poll no vote

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I'm still super pumped about the draft but I'm a huge dork so I'd be hyped no matter what time in the offseason it happened in. Pushing it back was really dumb though and the proposal to stretch it out to 4 days is even worse.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
Psyched for that 34th pick y'all.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

shiksa posted:

Psyched for that 34th pick y'all.

Just imagine your first round pick this year is RGIII's right knee.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I am so much less hyped for the draft than I should be. How dumb is Goodell?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Coldforge posted:

It'll probably bust.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
just think, if the draft was when it used to be we would already be hearing about how good our rookies look :(

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

indigi posted:

just think, if the draft was when it used to be we would already be hearing about how good our rookies look :(

The redskins would have already locked up the NFC east.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

Eifert Posting posted:

I am so much less hyped for the draft than I should be. How dumb is Goodell?

Seriously. I have two coworkers who are obsessed with the NFL and all three of us thought it was this weekend. That is how much pushing it back has impacted my level of care.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Yeah, I haven't paid much attention to football in the last month or two but I'm not sure how much of that to attribute to the draft being pushed back. Even so I don't much like waiting so long!

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
This draft is going to be great, the Browns have at least two shots in the first round to pick busts that can rival Trent Richardson and Brandon Weeden in the same draft. What an historic day it may be.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Hang on, buddy, lets not rule out them trading down and scoring maybe an extra 2nd rounder that can -also- bust.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Chilichimp posted:

Hang on, buddy, lets not rule out them trading down and scoring maybe an extra 2nd rounder that can -also- bust.

Kevin Costner was right.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Coldforge posted:

Hey come on now! Have you no soul man!?!?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

A Man and his dog posted:

Hey come on now! Have you no soul man!?!?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I never thought I'd be looking forward to the goddamned draft so much but holy poo poo nothing is happening and I've begun to deeply care about basketball. Help me.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

I never thought I'd be looking forward to the goddamned draft so much but holy poo poo nothing is happening and I've begun to deeply care about basketball. Help me.

This.

It really bothers my wife how much basketball I've been watching this year compared to last year.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Dude, the Atlanta Hawks (8) are about to upset the Indiana Pacers (1) and I haven't watched one loving game all season.

It'd totally watch tonight if I wasn't planning on spending my evening figuring out GIMP so I could make humorous photoshopped images for the Farthouse.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

The Titans declined to pick up the 5th year option on Jake Locker so it looks like they'll be in the market for an early QB in the draft.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
I was sad/mad about the draft getting moved because it used to be on my birthday or almost on my birthday and it was awesome.

I've been coping by watching the Phillies a lot and I think that qualifies as self-harming activity. :gonk: That bullpen...

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Get you some playoff hockey, son.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Rogue Elephant posted:

I don't know what it is about hockey, but if it isn't U.S. vs Russia, I just can't get it up.

Every time I watch that game, though, I say to myself, "I should watch more hockey." Still don't do it.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Rookie of the year 2014-2015 is gonna be chilichimp i can feel it

Dirt Worshipper
Apr 2, 2007

Paralithodes Californiensis
The only thing enjoyable about this offseason so far is watching the nfl draft twitter writers slowly go insane with the the extra time.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Aren't they going to do some kind of path to the draft reality show that follows draft prospects through the process? That would help make time pass more quickly.

edit: speaking of the extra time lol

@RapSheet 1m
Common theme from GMs over the last week: The more they watch film of these draft prospects, the less they like. Extra time has taken a toll

Ehud fucked around with this message at 15:58 on May 1, 2014

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Same. Except for the basketball thing.

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I wish the NFL had Adam Silver as commissioner.

Also no checkbox poll no vote

Y-y-y-yea mmmmmm-m-m-me t-t-t-t-too

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Ehud posted:

Aren't they going to do some kind of path to the draft reality show that follows draft prospects through the process? That would help make time pass more quickly.

edit: speaking of the extra time lol

@RapSheet 1m
Common theme from GMs over the last week: The more they watch film of these draft prospects, the less they like. Extra time has taken a toll

It's like waiting too long to get married after the engagement. You're eventually going to notice that one nostril is bigger than the other and one ear is slightly higher than the other.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The funny thing is, that'd be the case with literally any draft class. The extra time just means you now actually have time to REALLY examine these prospects and not just salivate over the 2 minute highlight reel your scouts showed you and a pre-draft visit where you made him practice in shorts.

If the draft was moved to June, every team would refuse to draft with their 1st round pick. Just an entire night of nobody leaving their table.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
BEEFTANK LIVES

http://www.sbnation.com/2014/5/1/5653376/nba-y2k-clarence-beeftank-the-memphis-grizzlies-secret-weapon

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Well at least the Colts still have First Round Pick Trent Richardson.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Rap posted:

He's got a long season ahead of him, do you think he can keep this pace?

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast

Rogue Elephant posted:

We can all learn from this post.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Go Wild. I'd have been pretty bored if they lost game 7.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Rap posted:

I won that prestige award during the 2012-2013 season. It was a great accomplishment. Godspeed ChillieCamp

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Rogue Elephant posted:

I'm a Sharks fan, though not interested enough to really follow closely. I don't want anything to do with hockey for at least another year.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

"You were once a man with a role, but are now just the tail of a comet." :drat:

I've yet to read one of these that doesn't have me cracking a humongous smile afterwards. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I think Jake Locker can still be a second tier QB in the league. He just has to stop getting hurt. I can see why the Titans are moving on from him since he had a ridiculous contract, but who doesn't these days. I hope he sees success on another team if he doesn't re-sign with a more team friendly deal.

• Locked thread