Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How dumb was pushing back the draft?
This poll is closed.
Really dumb 58 11.09%
95 18.16%
121 23.14%
Too much mustard 249 47.61%
Total: 523 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton
#Sports is a great live feed as well. A mix of boob gifs and reactions is pretty cool. No need to waste precious TV air time on Roger Goodell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

What pick are they cheering for

Butthead
May 31, 2011

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

But this is N/V and not Draft

Somehow this lovely argument crossed threads. Or maybe I just confused his comment with the argument in the draft thread, in which case wooooops.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Butthead posted:

Somehow this lovely argument crossed threads. Or maybe I just confused his comment with the argument in the draft thread, in which case wooooops.

Don't cross the threads

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

I'm going to watch the draft on TV with my iPad so get ready for some stupid autocorrect bullshit!

Last week my wife tried to make plans for tonight to go to a dinner with some neighbors and listen to some horticulturist talk about planting flowers and plants or whatever, since I guess it's that time of year. When she told me I just laughed for a while, and then told her it was round one of the draft that evening. She was just like "yuuuup, I'll tell them we can't make it."

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I am going to be checking my phone in between bouts in the pit at the OFF! show tonight. Punk and the draft is a winning combo! Bad pick? Angry mosh. Good pick? Happy mosh!

Hot Diggity! fucked around with this message at 14:22 on May 8, 2014

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

TubeStank posted:

I am going to be checking my phone in between bouts in the pit at the OFF! show tonight. Punk and the draft is a winning combo! Bad pick? Angry mosh. Good pick? Happy mosh!

At least it's tomorrow

What's Saturday

Ehhhh mosh? Okay I guess mosh?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Athanatos posted:

What pick are they cheering for

I dunno but that gif oozes diabetes.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Doltos posted:

I'm Really Good at Dota and crush Goon inhouses whenever I care to join them :colbert:

Doltos, i really really like you in TFF,but your pants on head retarded at dota. I skim that thread around patch time to check changes, and I saw you in it. I really wanted to like you in the dota thread and was like hey a tff bro maybe we can play, but you made it impossible. You give bad advice, play poorly from your games that have been posted, and dont understand composition or strategy on even a rudimentary level. Crushing goon inhouses is like being the fastest retard at the special olympics. Goons are terrible at dota. Ill not say anything else about it bc i don't wanna derail, but i still <3 u and youre one of my favorite posters here.

For content, I saw Sherman had 4yr 40m guaranteed with a total value of 57m. So basically hes being paid 10m a year avrg? Do we know how the contract brakes down yet?

Isn't Revis making 12?

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Febreeze posted:

I planned my whole week around those upcoming 3 hours tomorrow so I can sit at my battle station with multiple streams open like a real goon

This, but with a laptop, a binder,my gf and two friends at a Buffalo wild wings.

Public Service Announcment: Thursdays 60cent wingz

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Waroduce posted:

Doltos, i really really like you in TFF,but your pants on head retarded at dota. I skim that thread around patch time to check changes, and I saw you in it. I really wanted to like you in the dota thread and was like hey a tff bro maybe we can play, but you made it impossible. You give bad advice, play poorly from your games that have been posted, and dont understand composition or strategy on even a rudimentary level. Crushing goon inhouses is like being the fastest retard at the special olympics. Goons are terrible at dota. Ill not say anything else about it bc i don't wanna derail, but i still <3 u and youre one of my favorite posters here.

For content, I saw Sherman had 4yr 40m guaranteed with a total value of 57m. So basically hes being paid 10m a year avrg? Do we know how the contract brakes down yet?

Isn't Revis making 12?

TFF Goonmans would be a thing alright

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

what's in the binder?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Sataere posted:

My wife works graveyard, and tomorrow is her only night off this week, thus the only night we can hang out. I already let her know she is going to hate me because I'm watching the draft.

watching a guy read names isn't that exciting go be with your wife, doofus

e: the next person to post about dota gets probated, god bless

MourningView fucked around with this message at 14:58 on May 8, 2014

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

MourningView posted:

What about League of Legends

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Yeah people should remember the draft is conceptually exciting but practically very, very boring and drawn-out

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton
Annnnd Tanard Jackson is a Redskin again. Let's see if he can make it through camp.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
So the draft is 8pm Eastern on ESPN?

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Rap posted:

Yeah people should remember the draft is conceptually exciting but practically very, very boring and drawn-out
It's good they put the only day that matters on an island by itself. Anyone watching past tonight is a masochist

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
^^^ Tomorrow is better in every conceivable way, especially in this absurdly deep draft class.

computer parts posted:

So the draft is 8pm Eastern on ESPN?

Or NFL Network. I flip back and forth to not let the anger build up to much toward any one individual.

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l

TubeStank posted:

OFF! Is amazing; kinda jealous.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Like you can literally get the exact same experience checking twitter every few minutes on your phone or setting up an alert or whatever. You don't need Chris Berman to break it down for you, and all that will actually happen is some guys shaking an rear end in a top hat's hand an then awkwardly posing for pictures. It's not football, no matter how much you want it to be. Go be with your family or watch LeBron James do sick dunks, or read a book or learn to play the banjo or something.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

MourningView posted:

I've been with my wife for 12 years. Spending time with her isn't very exciting either. :v:

Honestly, I just love watching the draft. I know it doesn't seem very exciting, but it is legitimately one of my favorite times of the year. I understand it makes no logical sense to enjoy watching an old dude read names, but there it is.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Malloreon posted:

what's in the binder?

a list of the top 10 prospects per position with school and combine measurables made in an excel spreadsheet with notes below each table w simple +/- attributes, or for dline/lb which scheme they fit. 4-3 or 3-4 and gap techniques where applicable.

I also have the draft order with team needs and blank lines taken from guys doing team needs posts here to record picks and trades

:downs:

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Sataere posted:

I've been with my wife for 12 years. Spending time with her isn't very exciting either. :v:

Honestly, I just love watching the draft. I know it doesn't seem very exciting, but it is legitimately one of my favorite times of the year. I understand it makes no logical sense to enjoy watching an old dude read names, but there it is.

It's the heavy amounts of anticipation and you can bullshit with friendly people about football in between picks. It makes plenty of sense to me.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
sorry honey, the internet needs to know my take on odell beckham jr

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
The draft is great if only for the tension on your team's pick, bathing in the glory of "your guy" success and eating crow when he's terrible. It's fun and people are allowed to spend their time watching a man read a list of names if they enjoy it. Family and friends are infinitely more important but part of what makes them our family and friends is they're being understanding about our sick football perversions.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

MourningView posted:

Like you can literally get the exact same experience checking twitter every few minutes on your phone or setting up an alert or whatever. You don't need Chris Berman to break it down for you, and all that will actually happen is some guys shaking an rear end in a top hat's hand an then awkwardly posing for pictures. It's not football, no matter how much you want it to be. Go be with your family or watch LeBron James do sick dunks, or read a book or learn to play the banjo or something.

I'm going to watch it at a bar mostly because i get to hang out with manas and make good jokes irl

But yeah if it's just you and the TV, watch playoff hockey and switch over to catch the last 5 picks sometimes

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

The Puppy Bowl posted:

The draft is great if only for the tension on your team's pick, bathing in the glory of "your guy" success and eating crow when he's terrible. It's fun and people are allowed to spend their time watching a man read a list of names if they enjoy it. Family and friends are infinitely more important but part of what makes them our family and friends is they're being understanding about our sick football perversions.

Man I'm just goofing on y'all watch whatever you want.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

MourningView posted:

sorry honey, the internet needs to know my take on odell beckham jr

He could just do what the rest of us do and bitch about it on Twitter during dinner

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Waroduce posted:

<3 The two replays posted were unranked games that me and my friends hosed around in, they aren't a measure of my skill. I'm better than 99% of the Goons in that thread. I understand strategy and composition on every level, I just like having fun in the game and give kooky advice for the fun of it. I played Diablo with IcePhoenix last night and I extend any video game invitation to any TFF goon cus you all are alright with me :D

The Puppy Bowl posted:

The draft is all about tension to me. Getting that awesome player you wanted or having your heart broken because your team took Hakeem Nicks over Kenny Britt are both great feelings.

More importantly, the draft gives you some hope for the next season. It clues you into the schemes you're going to run, the players you're going to see. It lets you know what your team is going to be like moving forward. I don't get the same feeling with Free Agency.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
It seems incredibly cruel to probate Daltos on draft day but I can't say I'm against it

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Rap posted:

It seems incredibly cruel to probate Daltos on draft day but I can't say I'm against it

No Rap, don't give him ideas.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

MourningView posted:

Go be with your family or watch LeBron James do sick dunks, or read a book or learn to play the banjo or something.

I don't see playoff hockey on this list :mad:

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

I don't see playoff hockey on this list :mad:

Quack quack bitch :(

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

On one hand, the Draft really is just an old man reading names at a podium. On the other hand, watching it live you get to experience poo poo like Brady Quinn and his freefall first hand and that's invaluable

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

MourningView posted:

Man I'm just goofing on y'all watch whatever you want.

Too late, you've convinced me. Gonna watch Real Housewives of Atlanta with my wife instead!

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

Alouicious posted:

On one hand, the Draft really is just an old man reading names at a podium. On the other hand, watching it live you get to experience poo poo like Brady Quinn and his freefall first hand and that's invaluable

My personal "draft.gif" moment will be when a name from the TFF mock goes way higher than anticipated or starts dropping like a stone. Other than the last-in-the green room experience I don't care about the TV show.

e: just sayin' if any one of my later picks gets selected in the first 2 I'll be more smug than :hawksin:

Gerund fucked around with this message at 16:21 on May 8, 2014

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

SlipUp posted:

OFF! Is amazing; kinda jealous.

I jinxed myself and now I can't make the show :negative:

Thankfully I didn't pay for the tickets but still. Looks like I will probably be hanging in the thread.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Rap posted:

I'm going to watch it at a bar mostly because i get to hang out with manas and make good jokes irl
It's gonna be a blast :D:hf::D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

MourningView posted:

Quack quack bitch :(

Why don't you post in the NHL threads? They're pretty cool.

• Locked thread