Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Waterhaul posted:

Don't kink shame Galactus.

For a second i was curious if Galactus planet vore was a thing on the internet but then I decide that's something I never want to know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Ultimate: Where "gently caress this gay Earth" is not a homophobic malediction, but a heartfelt request

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

d00gZ posted:

Oh, Marvel. Marvel, Marvel, Marvel.

(Recap page for Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man #1)

I guess Rom was right.

Rom #26

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
"rape" means "to seize." That usage is increasingly archaic, but that panel is essentially calling Galactus a thief.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Chinaman7000 posted:

Which came first, this or the Spider-Man/Paste Pot Pete one that are like, panel for panel clones in my mind?

The Deadpool one by several years.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Batman, unknown source.
Unknown context, most likely drugs were involved in the writing process.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Loki: Agent of Asgard #4

I cannot stop laughing at Thor wearing an A-ha t-shirt.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
One of these days there will be a comic writer that puts more thought into naming their characters than looking up their power in a Thesaurus.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

One of these days there will be a comic writer that puts more thought into naming their characters than looking up their power in a Thesaurus.

Yeah, I was gonna say, Verity for a character who can detect the truth is so on the nose it physically hurts me.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I can accept a world where people ransom their marriages to Not Satan, but not one where nominative determinism is a physical law.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

Ghostlight posted:

I can accept a world where people ransom their marriages to Not Satan, but not one where nominative determinism is a physical law.

To be fair, nobody really accepted OMD either. because it was god-loving-awful

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
See if you can find the special guest star in Black Widow #6:

Just another day in New York for Clint Barton. I love him whistling walking away from the crash in the background.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
Clint has worse Parker luck then anybody.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
I've been half-liking the new She-Hulk book just for the writing (the art just seems weird and makes her look like she's got :downs:), but this sequence is worth posting. The backstory (if you haven't read the book) is that she succeeded in winning US asylum for Doctor Doom's son Kristoff, but he literally stole him out of the courtroom after winning. So She-Hulk decides to go and have a chat with Doom, and...

"DO NOT WRECK THIS GIGANTIC DOOM" should be in the running for a new thread title.

Source: She-Hulk #4

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 11:12 on May 8, 2014

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

TwoPair posted:

See if you can find the special guest star in Black Widow #6:

Just another day in New York for Clint Barton. I love him whistling walking away from the crash in the background.

I like how Clint's become the butt monkey of the Marvel Universe.

Avengers: Endless Wartime

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

I know Clint's taking a jab at the outdated slang, but I really like the idea of him ending every conversation with Steve by saying "You are old."

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I've been half-liking the new She-Hulk book just for the writing (the art just seems weird and makes her look like she's got :downs:), but this sequence is worth posting. The backstory (if you haven't read the book) is that she succeeded in winning US asylum for Doctor Doom's son Kristoff, but he literally stole him out of the courtroom after winning. So She-Hulk decides to go and have a chat with Doom, and...

....I remember Kristoff and Doom having these issues in the old days, too.

Doom's a very old man(Assuming he's even alive these days and hasn't downloaded to a Doombot or something) and someone who's basically done it all. Very good on the resume, doesn't help much when raising someone to be the successor.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Bloodly posted:

Doom's a very old man(Assuming he's even alive these days and hasn't downloaded to a Doombot or something) and someone who's basically done it all. Very good on the resume, doesn't help much when raising someone to be the successor.

Doom's also a super-scientist and a capable wizard; the notion of him not inventing an anti-aging serum (which, of course, he shares with precisely no one) is almost sillier than the notion of an anti-aging serum itself.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
Someone in a Asgard comic book having an unusually appropriate name is, well, mythologically consistent.

Now if that happened in a Captain America book...

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

That issue of She-Hulk was so freaking good. It miiiiight be my favourite comic right now.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Doom's also a super-scientist and a capable wizard; the notion of him not inventing an anti-aging serum (which, of course, he shares with precisely no one) is almost sillier than the notion of an anti-aging serum itself.

I still like the idea in 2099 that Doom is a legacy villain, that he takes a Kristoff like apprentice, raises them to be like him, and when he is weak he has the apprentice kill him and switch identities.

The erasure of others whole sense of self to become exactly as he was strikes me as an appropriate level of arrogance for Doom

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
But would the new Dooms have the same hatred of RICHARDS!:doom: ?

Vengeance of Pandas
Sep 8, 2008

THE TERRIBLE POST WENT THATAWAY!
That wasn't what happened in Doom 2099 though, the real Doom had his memories tampered with by his partner at the time as part of their ongoing game. He then killed the poor sap who thought he was Doom.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

BIG HEADLINE posted:

"DO NOT WRECK THIS GIGANTIC DOOM" should be in the running for a new thread title.

This page and specifically the top panel was my favorite moment this week.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

SilverSupernova posted:

Loki: Agent of Asgard #4

I cannot stop laughing at Thor wearing an A-ha t-shirt.

Who are these brave warrior-bards, challenging all to fight them?

"Uh, I'm not sure 'Take On Me' means what you thin-"

Verily these ballads do speak to the God of Thunder!

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

Bloodly posted:

Doom and Richards went to college together and were about the same age. Pretty much all of the big names in comics are ancient at this point, but don't actually grow older, only we do, or they get retconned so they're now suddenly younger and didn't fight in Vietnam.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

robziel posted:

Pretty much all of the big names in comics are ancient at this point, but don't actually grow older, only we do, or they get retconned so they're now suddenly younger and didn't fight in Vietnam.

Except for Xavier and Magneto, who have been cloned / de-aged / etc.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Lobok posted:

Who are these brave warrior-bards, challenging all to fight them?

"Uh, I'm not sure 'Take On Me' means what you thin-"

Verily these ballads do speak to the God of Thunder!

Have you seen Morten Harket circa Hunting High and Low? Dude looks like he could wield a hammer or two.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

robziel posted:

Doom and Richards went to college together and were about the same age. Pretty much all of the big names in comics are ancient at this point, but don't actually grow older, only we do, or they get retconned so they're now suddenly younger and didn't fight in Vietnam.
Sliding timescale. All that stuff happened 15 years ago. 15 years from now, it will still have happened 15 years ago. (Incidentally, that one's going to help out the Fantastic Four, since their origin can have them rushing to space trying to privatize spaceflight.)

Vengeance of Pandas
Sep 8, 2008

THE TERRIBLE POST WENT THATAWAY!

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Except for Xavier and Magneto, who have been cloned / de-aged / etc.

And Nick Fury sr. who has the Infinity Formula in his system.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Maybe Alpha the Omega Mutant stops by every now and then to de-age everyone?

From Defenders #16 I believe.

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

"It's cute," he said to himself warily, "but it's not normal."

Say Nothing posted:

Batman, unknown source.
Unknown context, most likely drugs were involved in the writing process.

Drugs? No, I kinda end up that way after Creme Brulee Frappucino night at Starbucks.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

CapnAndy posted:

Sliding timescale. All that stuff happened 15 years ago. 15 years from now, it will still have happened 15 years ago. (Incidentally, that one's going to help out the Fantastic Four, since their origin can have them rushing to space trying to privatize spaceflight.)

On the other hand, it's going to get awkward explaining Batwoman's further along the line.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Man.

Imagine how awesome this book would be if it wasn't drawn with MS Paint.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
The art is part of why it rules.

Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Maltose posted:

The art is part of why it rules.

I like the art as well. (and the writing.) If someone could post the page where she jumps through the rooftops? I liked the feeling of momentum on that page--seemed like a nice old school concept contrasting with the unusual colour palette.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Yeah, there's a lot of panels even in those five pages that show the weirdness of the art isn't because it's bad but an actual artistic choice.

I don't know why but it gives me a bit of an Allred feel.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
Yeah, if I didn't know, I could swear this comic was drawn by Allred, has that kinda broad colors and 60's faces feel.

goldenoreos
Jan 5, 2012

Take care of my animals while I'm gone
The art doesn't really do it for me. I think it's the way the eyes are drawn that are keeping me from reading She-Hulk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

goldenoreos posted:

The art doesn't really do it for me. I think it's the way the eyes are drawn that are keeping me from reading She-Hulk.

Ditto. It's just strange.

It looks like the sort of comic you'd see in a college newspaper.

• Locked thread