Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

DrNutt posted:

Alright Dark Souls pros: I'm finally at the end game, having trekked to the top of the Dragon Aerie and gotten my item from the Ancient Dragon. What do I do now? I know about the memories, but I've jumped into two of them and get destroyed by the giants. If I'm a little more careful I can probably manage them, but if I just want to "beat" the game and not bother with the optional end game bosses, where do I go?

Bop the ancient dragon on the nose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Diarrhoea
Apr 16, 2011
Just got wiped in one hit blocking by a giant that was swinging at a royal soldier but spun round to hit the ground 90 degrees away from me. Patch your poo poo From what if that happened to one of your children. :colbert:

e: What the hell I tabbed back in and sprinted up to the wall (I'm just picking up the grand lance I missed) and was blown up by nothing at all. Judging from the damage it was the pyro giant's fireball, which he'd thrown at a dude miles away in the opposite direction. Whatever hit me was totally invisible. :shepface: Is there going to be any post-release support?

Captain Diarrhoea fucked around with this message at 18:26 on May 8, 2014

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

turtlecrunch posted:

:classiclol:

The king door in the room down the ladder from the cardinal tower (you open a soldier key door and then the king door). The memory there is not optional.

RBA Starblade posted:

There's a King's Door in the forest of fallen giants down the ladder at Cardinal's Tower. It's the only memory you must finish in order to beat the game.

Babyface Mingo posted:

Throne of Want, a.k.a the King's Gate in the basement of Castle Drangleic.

You can also just rush through the memories (except for the one with the Giant King, which you NEED to do), grab all of the Giant Souls, then go kill the giants in black gulch and bonfire ascetic them to get another soul from 'em.

Ah poo poo. That guy is whooping my rear end. I'm trying to stay under his feet and gently caress him up with powerstanced maces but he always manages to hit me with something and then it's a one hit ko from pretty much any attack.

neonbregna posted:

Bop the ancient dragon on the nose

I like you, friend.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

DrNutt posted:

Ah poo poo. That guy is whooping my rear end. I'm trying to stay under his feet and gently caress him up with powerstanced maces but he always manages to hit me with something and then it's a one hit ko from pretty much any attack.

Yeah giant lord is really easy until he does a full screen swipe attack that hits you from anywhere and one-shots you. Good thing you can reattempt him so easily.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Finished the game a couple days ago. Absolutely astounded how well this runs on my aging setup. This was my first Souls game and absolutely had a blast with it. Coming from Monster Hunter, I actually didn't use lock-on at all during the playthrough. Would really like to go visit Dark Souls 1 but it unfortunately has a bunch of problems with my PC that makes it a little unplayable.

The stretch of game from Drangleic Castle --> Dragon Shrine is incredible :3:.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

RuBisCO posted:

Finished the game a couple days ago. Absolutely astounded how well this runs on my aging setup. This was my first Souls game and absolutely had a blast with it. Coming from Monster Hunter, I actually didn't use lock-on at all during the playthrough. Would really like to go visit Dark Souls 1 but it unfortunately has a bunch of problems with my PC that makes it a little unplayable.

The stretch of game from Drangleic Castle --> Dragon Shrine is incredible :3:.

Have you tried running DSFix for Dark Souls 1?

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Captain Oblivious posted:

Have you tried running DSFix for Dark Souls 1?

I have, but for some reason menus during bonfires didn't pop up. I got that solved by restarting the game a bunch of times but lost my (admittedly early) game save from GFWL shenanigans and it soured me on the whole experience.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Now that I know what the Mundane infusion does, do that and Hex scaling mean that having a wide spread of stats can actually work, or is that still kind of a lousy idea?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Raygereio posted:

If your main reason for liking the Souls series is the multiplayer aspects, or even the PvP in particular. That's fine. Good for you. But don't get your panties in a twist when someone likes the game for a different reason.

The multiplayer isn't even necessarily my main reason for liking Souls. I like the complete experience. The PvE is good, the PvP is good. I think a lot of people cheat themselves out of the full Dark Souls experience by avoiding PvP because, unlike PvE, they are allowed to so.

Think about it. If you bash your head against monsters or bosses, you try again. You vary you tactics, change your approach, change your gear, whatever. You adapt and overcome the enemy, and the sense of accomplishment you get from it is one of the best things about the Souls series. And it's mandatory that you adapt this way for PvE because if you don't do any PvE then there is no game. It's required, at least in some degree, to play at all.

But for some reason a lot of people don't take this approach at all to PvP. Instead of adapting their playstyle or equipment like they would a tough boss, they declare PvP "dumb" or for try hards, shut down, and just try to avoid it. I may be a hot PvPer now but let me tell you when I started out in DS2 I was getting my rear end kicked left and right. But over time you learn what works and what doesn't and you get better. And eventually you start winning most of your fights and the feeling of accomplishment you get from it just like taking down a really hard boss.

I don't know if it's just that people feel humiliated losing to a player in a way they don't against a boss or what. But I feel like that shutting down and avoiding PvP because you lose a couple times is just like quitting the game because a boss killed you a few times in spirit. In reality it's only different because the game requires a level of PvE but not of PvP.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Bosses have patterns you can learn and aren't affected by network latency.

Chomp8645 posted:

But over time
I don't have time. I finish a game and move on to the next one.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Not liking the multiplayer personally is fine, but I think it's silly to argue that it should be easy to opt out of (short of ripping the network cable out of your device). The multiplayer in the Souls games is a core part of their design - almost every covenant in both games revolves around or modifies it - and serves the game conceptually as well as mechanically. Part of the reason Dark Souls was so thematically strong and captured peoples' imaginations is that it didn't have a difficulty selector; some people might have preferred to play the game on Easy, or with the non-boss monsters ripped out completely... but they would've been choosing to play a less meaningful, less cohesive game. And that's not really fair to the designers if they then critique it poorly or inaccurately.

Games need an element of choice, but making everything a personal choice greatly marginalizes the range of experiences they can convey and stories they can tell in the exact same way as making them all linear railroads.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Fun and interest aren't really negotiable. There's no magic psychological answer to this. For some people PvP is not interesting and never will be interesting.

Fortunately it's just as super avoidable as in the first game.

Zombies' Downfall posted:

Not liking the multiplayer personally is fine, but I think it's silly to argue that it should be easy to opt out of (short of ripping the network cable out of your device). The multiplayer in the Souls games is a core part of their design - almost every covenant in both games revolves around or modifies it - and serves the game conceptually as well as mechanically. Part of the reason Dark Souls was so thematically strong and captured peoples' imaginations is that it didn't have a difficulty selector; some people might have preferred to play the game on Easy, or with the non-boss monsters ripped out completely... but they would've been choosing to play a less meaningful, less cohesive game. And that's not really fair to the designers if they then critique it poorly or inaccurately.

Games need an element of choice, but making everything a personal choice greatly marginalizes the range of experiences they can convey and stories they can tell in the exact same way as making them all linear railroads.

It already is trivially easy to opt out of.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Chomp8645 posted:

This is pretty much spot on. Almost every Dark Souls player enjoys summoning others, reading messages, watching bloodstains, and seeing the occasion ethereal phantom from some other world pass by for a moment. The audience clearly loves the multiplayer aspects as a whole, it's only the PvP that causes a split. Some people enjoy it, big whiny babies don't.

Disliking a mechanic in a video game doesn't make you a big whiny baby. I really really like Dark Souls as a series but my main problem with it is that I want to play it singleplayer because that's just the way I enjoy games of its kind, but From really doesn't want to let me. And that's not saying that I should expect the game to be exactly what I want, but pushing multiplayer that pits players against each other on a game that is otherwise singelplayer (bloodstains, ghosts, messages aren't the same thing) isn't fun to me.

The argument against that is "find a different game to play", but I don't want to, Dark Souls is fun. By myself. Thankfully, their always-on invasion thing didn't work out because invading in general is basically dead in NG (since there's no way to get infinite cracked orbs until NG+). I've been invaded maybe like twice in 100 hours of gameplay.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 19:20 on May 8, 2014

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Oblivious posted:

Fun and interest aren't really negotiable. There's no magic psychological answer to this. For some people PvP is not interesting and never will be interesting.

Fortunately it's just as super avoidable as in the first game.

It already is trivially easy to opt out of.

Less so in 2, since you can't avoid it solely by being hollow, and your point is well-taken.

I just think we have to be careful about "this part of the game I don't like sucks so they should just let me not do it", when the first DkS is the game that convinced me some games shouldn't have a difficulty slider and that sometimes those kind of options demean the end product.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
I like how this conversation keeps coming up after three games and five years. The game FROM is making isn't some single player dungeon crawler, so get over it. Dry your tears, take out your precious network cable, and enjoy the game, but don't complain about the game design like it's somehow "bad" just because you don't enjoy it.

Refried Hero
Jan 22, 2006

King of the grill

Roman posted:

Bosses have patterns you can learn and aren't affected by network latency.

:ssh: Players tend to have patterns you can learn too (even with network latency). Particularly cause people tend to use some of the same kinds of weapons.

On a different note, does anyone have any suggestions for how to tackle darklurker particularly as a dex/faith build. I've gotten him to about dead a couple times now and he always manages to nick me just before he dies. Is it just some git gud scrubbiness or what?

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

I discovered the bell covenant yesterday. So much fun!

Here's a weird little psychological thing though... when I first got invaded by gray phantoms, because I'd never been invaded at all in-game yet I thought they were NPC's. I killed about 3 or 4 in a row before those little blue dwarves swarmed me and I died.

Then I read up on the covenant I just joined to see how it works and was surprised to learn those grey phantoms were human players.

I lost every fight after learning that. Weird huh..

Chunderstorm
May 9, 2010

legs crossed like a buddhist
smokin' buddha
angry tuna
I pulled the loving lever. I spent my entire second playthrough working toward it and didn't look for around first and I pulled the loving lever.

:negative:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

EC posted:

I like how this conversation keeps coming up after three games and five years. The game FROM is making isn't some single player dungeon crawler, so get over it. Dry your tears, take out your precious network cable, and enjoy the game, but don't complain about the game design like it's somehow "bad" just because you don't enjoy it.

This is the major problem I have with the Dark Souls community in general. It's the "I'm better than you because I play online :smug:" attitude that gets me more than anything. You don't need to be passive aggressive to encourage people to play the game in a way they would enjoy better.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Zombies' Downfall posted:

Less so in 2, since you can't avoid it solely by being hollow, and your point is well-taken.

I just think we have to be careful about "this part of the game I don't like sucks so they should just let me not do it", when the first DkS is the game that convinced me some games shouldn't have a difficulty slider and that sometimes those kind of options demean the end product.

EC posted:

I feel like we're playing different games at times. Given the quantity of players and relative lack of Cracked Red Eye Orbs (and Soul Memory), actually being invaded is so statistically improbable in DS2 that you're almost less likely to ever be invaded than in a "always be Hollow except when kindling bonfires" run of DS1.

And as for the Belfries and Ratbro territory you can just take the inevitable fartnoising of Steam as an opportunity to swing through them. People really overestimate the influence of PvP and multiplayer over people who don't give a poo poo.

I'm not even one of those people! I spent two hours straight duelling on Iron Keep bridge despite having maxed out Dragon Remnants ages ago, and even I can see how laughably easy it is to just drop all of it completely from the experience. What I'm getting at here is that, for a lot of people Dark Souls effectively is a single player dungeon crawler and it's really easy to play it in that fashion.

Captain Oblivious fucked around with this message at 19:29 on May 8, 2014

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

CJacobs posted:

This is the major problem I have with the Dark Souls community in general. It's the "I'm better than you because I play online :smug:" attitude that gets me more than anything. You don't need to be passive aggressive to encourage people to play the game in a way they would enjoy better.

Ain't no one saying they're better than you, and I'm not sure where you got that from my post. Most of the time us pro-multiplayer people are just sick and loving tired of you non-multiplayer people whining about PVP and how it's "intrusive" or "immersion breaking" or whatever other $10 words y'all are using nowadays.

My point is that it should be clearly loving obvious to everyone that FROM isn't interested in making a SP Souls game. They've made three games so far, and expanded on the mechanics every time. If that's not a clue, then I don't know what to tell you.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

I'm a weird one, I think Vendrick and the Ancient Dragon are two of the more interesting bosses in the game.

Seriously, the best way to tackle the Dragon is to hit his leg two or three times, then run infront of his head and stare at the wings. If the wings move at all, he's about to fly into the air, run wherever direction gives you the most distance. Standing infront of his face, he's less likely to do that move, but I went from dying at 70% health to outright killing him once I sat down and actually studied the animations. No need to cheese it with a ring.

Chunderstorm posted:

I pulled the loving lever.

Can you just ascetic that area, or does it need NG+?

evilskillit
Jan 7, 2014

METAL TOADS

Foxhound posted:

Won't the shortcut and the ship reset when I ascetic though? I thought the phantom only spawns once per NG cycle/ascetic.

It didn't for me. Which is why I was all the more surprised when I went into NG+ and the lights were out and the ship was gone.I don't know why I thought they wouldn't be except that they weren't when I ascetic'd the bonfire earlier.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Chomp8645 posted:

But for some reason a lot of people don't take this approach at all to PvP. Instead of adapting their playstyle or equipment like they would a tough boss, they declare PvP "dumb" or for try hards, shut down, and just try to avoid it. I may be a hot PvPer now but let me tell you when I started out in DS2 I was getting my rear end kicked left and right. But over time you learn what works and what doesn't and you get better. And eventually you start winning most of your fights and the feeling of accomplishment you get from it just like taking down a really hard boss.

I don't know if it's just that people feel humiliated losing to a player in a way they don't against a boss or what. But I feel like that shutting down and avoiding PvP because you lose a couple times is just like quitting the game because a boss killed you a few times in spirit. In reality it's only different because the game requires a level of PvE but not of PvP.

For me its just a hassle, I'm not interested making my build workable for PvP. Nor do I want to cluster up my consumable button with a bunch of items in the off off chance there's PvP. I don't want to worry about min/maxing my upgrades in case an invader also min/max'd. A lot of weapons / builds are fine for pve, but that's less the case for PvP as people figure out what to min/max.

I could be farming then get invaded and go through the hassle of getting my gear on. Then adjusting consumables to edge my chances. Or just hide in a hole and alt-tab for awhile :v:.

Then there's belfry/rats that just stack the odds against player. Which generally leads to the victim getting gangbanged. Leaving them with a poor experience. Its not losing that makes it lovely, its how they lost.

Like if I get into 2 hander singing match with another fella. It kinda sucks when I hit him for 1/6 of his health and he 3 shots me cause he stacked way more vigor. I mean my build could of been working fine for pve. But am I gonna adjust it to PvP better? For me hell no, not going through that hassle.

Time to sunbro it up!

Drakes fucked around with this message at 19:43 on May 8, 2014

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

Refried Hero posted:

:ssh: Players tend to have patterns you can learn too (even with network latency). Particularly cause people tend to use some of the same kinds of weapons.

On a different note, does anyone have any suggestions for how to tackle darklurker particularly as a dex/faith build. I've gotten him to about dead a couple times now and he always manages to nick me just before he dies. Is it just some git gud scrubbiness or what?

Great Lightning Spear destroys him. When he's casting a spell, run around until it actually casts and then hit him. When he splits in two, avoid him until both are busy doing something and then hit one. It takes like 7 spears at 50 faith to kill him. When you get the last hit in don't just stand still, run around like you do when he's casting spells. Basically don't consider him dead until you get his soul.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Leper Residue posted:

Great Lightning Spear destroys him. When he's casting a spell, run around until it actually casts and then hit him. When he splits in two, avoid him until both are busy doing something and then hit one. It takes like 7 spears at 50 faith to kill him. When you get the last hit in don't just stand still, run around like you do when he's casting spells. Basically don't consider him dead until you get his soul.

poo poo son if you have 50 faith why aren't you using Sunlight Spear? Three or four of those will kill him outright and not even give him a chance to split.

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Oh! OSHA gonna make you serve time!
'Cause you an occupational hazard tonight.

Refried Hero posted:

I just stayed at range for Darklurker. Lightning Spear seems to do the most damage to him (I'm more on the sorcery/hex side and Lightning was still doing more damage), so just fling spears at him. If he flies up close to you, he's going to slash you. If he flies up high, he's going to do his tracking beam. The only attack that doesn't have a lot of windup is his dark soul spear or whatever. But that's easy to dodge as long as you keep moving.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

So, I don't understand what Enchanted does? It gives a weapon D magic scaling, whereas the magic infusion has better scaling. Is there something I'm missing?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

EC posted:

Ain't no one saying they're better than you, and I'm not sure where you got that from my post. Most of the time us pro-multiplayer people are just sick and loving tired of you non-multiplayer people whining about PVP and how it's "intrusive" or "immersion breaking" or whatever other $10 words y'all are using nowadays.

My point is that it should be clearly loving obvious to everyone that FROM isn't interested in making a SP Souls game. They've made three games so far, and expanded on the mechanics every time. If that's not a clue, then I don't know what to tell you.

I already know PVP is not going to change, I said that in my post. I just don't being killed by other players. If I'm going to die in this game about dying a lot I'd like for it to be something I have a hand in, something I can quantify by saying it was my fault that it happened. I don't enjoy being invaded; I do acknowledge that it's part of the game and it isn't going to go away, but that doesn't mean it's not annoying when it happens.

edit: It was the "dry your tears" part.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 19:41 on May 8, 2014

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

CJacobs posted:

I already know PVP is not going to change, I said that in my post. I just don't being killed by other players. If I'm going to die in this game about dying a lot I'd like for it to be something I have a hand in, something I can quantify by saying it was my fault that it happened. I don't enjoy being invaded; I do acknowledge that it's part of the game and it isn't going to go away, but that doesn't mean it's not annoying when it happens.

Serious question, who is having problems with invasions, what zones, and at what SM? It might as well not exist as a mechanic for me in NG except for the Belfry.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Spincut posted:

I just stayed at range for Darklurker. Lightning Spear seems to do the most damage to him (I'm more on the sorcery/hex side and Lightning was still doing more damage), so just fling spears at him. If he flies up close to you, he's going to slash you. If he flies up high, he's going to do his tracking beam. The only attack that doesn't have a lot of windup is his dark soul spear or whatever. But that's easy to dodge as long as you keep moving.

His only attack that gave me a lot of trouble was the dark spirit bomb. If I dodged it I'd get hit by the explosion, if I blocked it my guard would break and he'd move in for the kill. I pretty much just hoped he wouldn't use that attack :shrug:

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Elysiume posted:

Serious question, who is having problems with invasions, what zones, and at what SM? It might as well not exist as a mechanic for me in NG.

Yeah, I've never been invaded in NG and I've only once been called in as a bluebro.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Elysiume posted:

Serious question, who is having problems with invasions, what zones, and at what SM? It might as well not exist as a mechanic for me in NG.

Like I said, I've only ever been invaded a couple of times in this game. I was mostly talking about the mechanic in general.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Bobnumerotres posted:

So, I don't understand what Enchanted does? It gives a weapon D magic scaling, whereas the magic infusion has better scaling. Is there something I'm missing?

It adds physical scaling based off your INT. Unfortunately, the scaling blows, so it's not a good option 99% of the time.

CJacobs posted:

As a host you have a tremendous advantage over invaders, though. You can hide and wait till their timer is up. You can heal whereas they can't. Lag even favors the host 90% of the time. If you just straight up don't like it then I guess...play offline? Join the BlueCov to pull in cops to protect you? Stay hollow so the odds you'll get invaded are lower than other people?

I guess I don't understand why people are still complaining about this like it's something new.

CJacobs posted:

Well, if you're gonna unplug your network cable, your hands/face should probably be dry for safety. :v:

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Bobnumerotres posted:

It makes the physical damage of the weapon scale with intelligence. It's supposed to make it so brainiacs can do some damage with big chunks of metal like the strength and dex boys. It's bad.

Speaking of doing damage with big chunks of metal, I asked this a while back but I was away from the thread for more than a few days so I'm not sure if I ever got an answer: As great as a +10 mace is, is it going to still hold water on a NG+7 difficulty area, or is it basically mandatory to switch to a magic-nuking build to get through? I want to get that fancy warlock moose hat from the invader phantom lady, but that's going to involve burning a lot of bonfire ascetics.

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 19:45 on May 8, 2014

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

CJacobs posted:

If I'm going to die in this game about dying a lot I'd like for it to be something I have a hand in, something I can quantify by saying it was my fault that it happened.

Why do you feel like if you die to a monster/boss that you are at fault, but that's not the case if you die to player?

This is an honest question, I'm not being snarky or sarcastic.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Cactus posted:

I discovered the bell covenant yesterday. So much fun!

Here's a weird little psychological thing though... when I first got invaded by gray phantoms, because I'd never been invaded at all in-game yet I thought they were NPC's. I killed about 3 or 4 in a row before those little blue dwarves swarmed me and I died.

Then I read up on the covenant I just joined to see how it works and was surprised to learn those grey phantoms were human players.

I lost every fight after learning that. Weird huh..

Regarding this, in that area are you "invaded" even if you are hollow?

Edit: VVVVVVVV Huh, didn't know that. I thought it was like the other games because I pretty much always play hollow and never was invaded. Good to know!

Mystic Stylez fucked around with this message at 19:49 on May 8, 2014

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

VisAbsoluta posted:

Regarding this, in that area are you "invaded" even if you are hollow?

You can be invaded in any area even if you are hollow. Not that it happens much before NG+, hollow or no.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

CJacobs posted:

Like I said, I've only ever been invaded a couple of times in this game. I was mostly talking about the mechanic in general.
I didn't like it in DS1 when you'd get an endless stream of finely tuned bullshit in places like the Undead Parish, but I actually enjoy invasions in DS2. Well, as long as they aren't running magic--magic has such ridiculous damage that it's balanced by being easy to dodge, but when lag can make dodging impossible, magic (hexes especially) are aggravating and awful to play against.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

EC posted:

With how often I've been getting invaded so far in DS2 I sure wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't told me.

Kidding aside, though, I really think people are overstating how much multiplayer is a huge part of the Souls series or constantly getting expanded on. There's the summoning, invasions and what amounts to two varieties of deathmatch. It certainly has multiplayer, but it isn't exactly Team Fortress either.