Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Lou
Jun 3, 2004
They say the fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live

The Duke posted:

This episode is great. I had to stop myself from bursting out laughing in class when you stopped during the first part and were like "Should have read more of this before I started reading it!"

Thanks. I'm glad you enjoyed it. It was super awful to read from but even listening to it on the train I was laughing at my own horror.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

I've been listening to StarTalk all weekend and I'm starting to get really sick of that Beastie Boys song.

I've become a big fan of Eugene Mirman though.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

Conduit for Sale! posted:

I've become a big fan of Eugene Mirman though.

Bro do you even Bob's Burgers

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Binowru posted:

Bro do you even Bob's Burgers

OF COURSE. Best show on television.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
I've been listening to Red Bar Radio for almost ten years now (:stonk:) and it seems like he is just spinning his wheels at this point. Ever since that Game of Thrones poo poo Kyle pulled on the comedy club the show has become a lot more insular and much less funny.

What really puts me off is how much time he dedicates to mocking and belittling his own fanbase. Like, he put up a promo for his show on Facebook, which some people liked, and then turned around was like HA HA THIS IS ACTUALLY poo poo HOW COULD A GENIUS LIKE ME SERIOUSLY PUT THIS OUT.

It was very bizarre, and not even the funny kind of bizarre like Wreckless Media does.

I think I'm going to table that podcast for now. I think an L.A move would be good for him since his bridges are burned in Chicago and he knows it.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
The only times I ever hear about Red Bar Radio is when someone, with mild concern, mentions how the host is now unfunny and unpleasant.

Shnooks
Mar 24, 2007

I'M BEING BORN D:
Eugene Mirman has a podcast? I had no idea.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Shnooks posted:

Eugene Mirman has a podcast? I had no idea.

What's it called? He also co-hosts like every other episode of Neil Degrasse Tyson's Startalk.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

These last Greggless episodes of WTR have been pretty great, this Garry Gareth guy is great.

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008
And that's why I was forced to surgically attach your hands to your face.
Yeah, I've never heard of him before, but he's great, and he has great chemistry with Dave. He's also been on Dave's side project podcast The Dollop the last two weeks - pretty good.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
The Dana Gould Hour thread seems to be dead, but heads up that there's a new (almost 3-hour) episode up.

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007
Rolling Stone has a list of the 20 funniest podcasts and WTF is at the top? :confused:

A lot of the other choices are just as questionable.

I'm shocked that Rolling Stone magazine made a dumb list!

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/pictures/listen-up-the-20-best-comedy-podcasts-right-now-20140508/1-wtf-with-marc-maron-0307073

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

EXCUSE ME

YO

loving EXCUSE ME

HOLLYWOOD HANDBOOK WAS NOT ON THAT LIST

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

a_big_dog posted:

EXCUSE ME

YO

loving EXCUSE ME

HOLLYWOOD HANDBOOK WAS NOT ON THAT LIST

It's really not that great.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

Trujillo posted:

Rolling Stone has a list of the 20 funniest podcasts and WTF is at the top? :confused:

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/pictures/listen-up-the-20-best-comedy-podcasts-right-now-20140508/1-wtf-with-marc-maron-0307073

Numbers 1 and 2 have banner ads on the side of the page. Verry nice.

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

The Ape of Naples posted:

It's been nice knowing you, fellow forum user

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Andy Daly's Podcast Pilot thing and Hollywood Handbook are the funniest podcasts right now

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Trujillo posted:

Well WTF is a good "Comedy Podcast" in that it's a podcast that talks about comedy a lot. It isn't funny though.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Trujillo posted:

It's cool to see Put Your Hands Together make a top podcasts list it really doesn't get enough love.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

The Ape of Naples posted:

it's good if you're into that kind of humor. which, judging by their numbers, very few people are.

MATES did the whole "two dudes being sarcastic for an hour" thing way better imo. even that got monotonous tho.

ps WITS is the best podcast you're not listening to. probably one of the best full stop. seriously. why aren't more of you listening to WITS? maybe I'll make a thread for it.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
I've listened to one episode of Harmontown (the latest one, back when they were working on the GI Joe episode of Community), and liked it a lot. Should I start plowing through the archives, or is it not consistently excellent?

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
I don't see why Improv4Humans was outranked by a number of podcasts that aren't even about comedy, while it has the best improvisers in the world doing crazy funny improv every week. The Bugle does deserve the spot right behind CBB, in my opinion though. Thrilling Adventure Hour is on my itinerary after PFT's character this week.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

ps WITS is the best podcast you're not listening to. probably one of the best full stop. seriously. why aren't more of you listening to WITS? maybe I'll make a thread for it.

I tried an epi and it seemed to be a series of really bad sketches?

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Mr. Squishy posted:

Are you sure you didn't listen to SHITS?

(look at the guest list and ask yourself if those people would repeatedly fly to Minnesota just to do a bad podcast :ssh:)

Conduit for Sale! fucked around with this message at 00:21 on May 9, 2014

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

prefect posted:

I've listened to one episode of Harmontown (the latest one, back when they were working on the GI Joe episode of Community), and liked it a lot. Should I start plowing through the archives, or is it not consistently excellent?
It's pretty consistent throughout (especially considering they were doing it for about a year before they even started putting it out as a podcast) except for the live shows when they were doing one every day, then things go kind of haywire at times.

You could jump into episode 1, or 16 when they start the D&D campaign (I think it's 16) or go off the deep end and start at 19 when Dan starts the freestyle rapping.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Harmontown does have its bad episodes, but I think they're as integral to the experience as the good episodes. That said I haven't listened in a really long time so it could've just gone to poo poo idk.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
I started listening to Harmontown from the beginning a few months ago. I was really powering through them for a while and enjoying them a lot. I dropped out at some point during the tour episodes when it just got too exhausting and unpleasant to listen to Dan and Erin argue on stage all the time. I should probably go back and pick it back up from the end of the tour because I was loving it for a while there.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

Oh it's that time of year where a big magazine makes an arbitrarily ranked list to get everyone arguing about it and drive traffic!

I totally clicked on it btw they spelled "Comedy Big Bang Theory" wrong also yay Doug Loves Movies made it on there and where the hell is Never Not Funny, The Dana Gould Hour and :argh:

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

Mr. Squishy posted:

You forgot about the really boring interviews

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Comedy Button, MBMBAM and Walking The Room is not on the list.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Let's all name podcasts that weren't on the list.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

Rollin' with Dice and Wheels

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
B-b-b-b-b-b-b Go Bayside!

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

But only one per page, so as to maximize ad impressions.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
UYD and Never Not Funny are the two I'm provoked by. Stupid list, I hate you.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Sandweed posted:

Comedy Button, MBMBAM and Walking The Room is not on the list.

I just want you to know I appreciate one other person objectively right about what funny podcasts are.

Nemo posted:

B-b-b-b-b-b-b Go Bayside!

Also you

But yea all those listed were super safe 'hey here's a famous comic doing a silly podcast' lists, they're not bad podcasts but what, does Comedy Bang Bang really need more exposure? Does someone who gives a remote poo poo about a list of best comedy podcasts really need to be reminded WTF exists?

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Nemo posted:

B-b-b-b-b-b-BAYS-! B-b-b-b-b Go Bayside!

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I just want you to know I appreciate one other person objectively right about what funny podcasts are.

Also you

But yea all those listed were super safe 'hey here's a famous comic doing a silly podcast' lists, they're not bad podcasts but what, does Comedy Bang Bang really need more exposure? Does someone who gives a remote poo poo about a list of best comedy podcasts really need to be reminded WTF exists?

You are cool guy and I like you.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

I've had a free subscription to Rolling Stone for the last couple years (http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3415037&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1). In that span, I have yet to see them give a score lower than 2 stars to a single album. That's the magazine you guys are mad at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

I've had a free subscription to Rolling Stone for the last couple years (http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3415037&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1). In that span, I have yet to see them give a score lower than 2 stars to a single album. That's the magazine you guys are mad at.

Is anyone mad?

• Locked thread