Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Wren610 posted:

Spencer needs two immunity wins to get to final three and Tony has to win the final four immunity to get there.

This was my first reaction but I think Spencer winning the next immunity really shuffles the deck. It's tough to predict who goes next week if not Spencer, I'm guessing Kass but it could just as easily be Woo. From there if anybody but Tony wins the final four immunity I think Spencer has a pretty drat strong case to make that Tony has to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milovan Drecun
Apr 17, 2007
I masturbate in traffic.

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

I can't tell if Tony's biggest problem is a weak social game or forming an alliance with idiots.

His biggest problem will be trying to win an immunity straight up when he most needs to. He's consistently between average to awful in challenges.

This episode is the largest contribution to 'Kass is an idiot' yet. Defend the flip-flopping, if you like, but she was all over the map, all episode. She doesn't have a clue and it came through clearer than ever. The comparison of Tony to Hantz is ridiculous (in her context, there are other comparisons which are fair). Nobody will be talking about how vile Tony is as a person when it's over, except maybe Jeffra. Sarah may have some qualms, but she sure as poo poo isn't giving Kass the money over him. I also think LJ is the type of person to appreciate a good move against him. Kass wants to be sitting next to Trish in a final two. That's the sum of everyone she can really beat.

The only silver lining in Tasha going is now I only have to worry about one person's fate. After Spencer goes, it's Tony's game and I'll be happy with him or Woo as a winner. I don't believe Spencer loses to Tony, or at the very least it could be really close. The difference could be whether it's Trish or Kass (or nobody at all) sitting next to them, as they would almost certainly vote Tony/Spencer respectively.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
Let's say Spencer wins the next immunity challenge, this would lead to Woo getting voted out because he lied to Tony in this episode and Tony wants Kass as his goat for the final. Spencer wins immunity again, Trish goes home because Kass wants Tony as goat and Tony does not want to go home. This gives us a final3 of Tony, Kass, Spencer which Spencer takes in a landslide vote. This scenario is further supported by the edits giving all 3 finalists lots of airtime.

Expect Tony and Kass both to come back in the next few seasons because they provided a lot of good moments.

I dont think Tony has any chance to win it all because the jury is made up of mostly vain (beauty tribe) members that are very pissed at him for voting them out.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
I don't think Tony intends to drag Kass to the end as a goat mostly because I don't think he feels like he needs a goat. I'm pretty sure Tony thinks he beats anyone in the final three. To him the only thing that matters is getting to the end.

I think his best shot is making sure Spencer ends up on the jury and he's next to Kass. Spencer will likely lobby for Tony at Pondarosa as the clearly most deserving winner. He desperately needs someone on the jury capable of arguing "yeah you're butthurt but this guy is clearly the best player". Without some help he's lost Sarah/Morgan/Jefra and I don't like his chances of getting LJ.

If Spencer makes it to the end vs anybody he wins.

If it ends up being a Kass/Trish/Woo final three I'm thinking Woo probably wins, but Trish might have a shot. Regardless it'd be a disastrous end to a pretty good season.

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

[let's] fuck that crazy-ass robot
I wouldn't be pissed by Woo winning purely because he seems so cheerful and innocent. Yeah He didn't really do anything but in a season of terrible moves and over aggressive 'plays' the dumb surfer winning would be almost fitting.

btw: I'm not complaining about the season, just to be clear. It has been really really entertaining and Tasha/Spencer have been challenge beasts but oh boy have the plays been terrible. :D

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
South Pacific chat: Brandon just out Eriked Erik :stare: This is the best!

e: drat I really thought Ozzy won this season

Rarity fucked around with this message at 10:09 on May 8, 2014

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

TheChad posted:

I wouldn't be pissed by Woo winning purely because he seems so cheerful and innocent. Yeah He didn't really do anything but in a season of terrible moves and over aggressive 'plays' the dumb surfer winning would be almost fitting.

btw: I'm not complaining about the season, just to be clear. It has been really really entertaining and Tasha/Spencer have been challenge beasts but oh boy have the plays been terrible. :D

It's been an entertaining season and it's very entertaining that Tony Woo Trish and Kass all think they would win against each other.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Bjay9 posted:

This is a completely separate post from what this season is about but I'm very interested in the results of this question.

If you were to call a season the "perfect" season, what would your qualifications be?

For me: - Good winner
- Good cast
- No quitters
- No Pagonging
- Interesting challenges

This leads me to believe that Tocantins was the best season of Survivor. Honestly.

Given these qualifications I'd throw it to China over Tocantins, but those are huge reasons why those are two of my all-time favorite seasons. The final four were all from the same original (and flipped) tribes, but it never felt like a pagonging, especially with Peih-Gee saving herself and James being betrayed/blindsided early.

Speaking of Peih-Gee, bring back Peih-Gee. She's somebody I'd really like to see back in a season full of non-winner second-time players.

Bjay9
May 3, 2011

Kid, touch is for video games and gynecologists

Poque posted:

Given these qualifications I'd throw it to China over Tocantins, but those are huge reasons why those are two of my all-time favorite seasons. The final four were all from the same original (and flipped) tribes, but it never felt like a pagonging, especially with Peih-Gee saving herself and James being betrayed/blindsided early.

Speaking of Peih-Gee, bring back Peih-Gee. She's somebody I'd really like to see back in a season full of non-winner second-time players.

Bring back all the cool Asian Survivors who have never returned for a season: Michelle, Yul, Caoboi, Peih-Gee, Frosti! That's halfway to a full tribe.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Bjay9 posted:

Bring back all the cool Asian Survivors who have never returned for a season: Michelle, Yul, Caoboi, Peih-Gee, Frosti! That's halfway to a full tribe.

Mmm. Yes to all of these, even though I think Yul works for the FCC now and probably can't return.

Also, people in my office are actually discussing the episode today, and I think that's insane after 28 seasons that it's still somehow a watercooler show. :stare:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Bjay9 posted:

Aw Michelle was the best. I'll always be annoyed that Earl never figured out he shoulda thrown that immunity challenge.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
You know I at first thought Trish was crazy for trusting Tony after all his crap but she probably actually has the best read on him and really does realize he is loyal to his alliances until he feels like they're gunning for him which is probably why she has kept quite.

Woo just goes along with the flow.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
This season is definitely my favorite in a while. I tend to be opposed to returnees except in All-Stars, though BvW was pretty good. But more importantly, the return of the reward challenges have done a lot to breathe life into events, rather than focusing all of the scream time on plotting or Idol searching. I got more enjoyment our of Woo's backflip than all of Tony's frantic searching for the Tyler Perry idol.

Also, Chaos Kass is great, gently caress the haters.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The One World gimmick isn't as dumb as I thought it was gonna be. Although I really wanna hit Colton with a big sack of spanners.

Coach was robbed :(

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Rarity posted:

The One World gimmick isn't as dumb as I thought it was gonna be. Although I really wanna hit Colton with a big sack of spanners.

technically, I guess coach should have won, but like Russell, he had a staggering inability to own his game and give a proper Final Tribal performance. Don't worry, after one world it all goes up.

Malt
Jan 5, 2013

Rarity posted:

The One World gimmick isn't as dumb as I thought it was gonna be.

Im glad you're enjoying going back and watching old seasons. So am I and other people too I'm sure so if you could spoiler stuff not relating to this season or at least warn people you are about to discuss a prior season please :(

Malt fucked around with this message at 15:49 on May 8, 2014

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
I hope Tasha is a lock for an all returnees season, both she and Tony are the right kind of players you want to return. After watching this season, I really thought she was getting the hero winner edit. Welp.

While the Tyler Perry idol is powerful, has it even been much of a clear factor? It's easy to say "Everyone is scared of it, so they won't vote against Tony", but we're not getting any sense of that in confessionals. Sure they mention he might have it, but we're not getting any talk about that being the factor in not going against him. Their main concern is him just having the normal idol, the Tony alliance always had the numbers as well. If anything, this season has lived and died on what craziness is coming out of Kass and Tony, rather than Tony just being 100% immune. If it wasn't for their wacky whims, it would be a straight up Pagonging regardless of the power Tony holds. And I wonder if it would have given him even more power had he not flipped on his tribe all the time. I mean if they're six strong at final six, his 100% protection would seemingly be even worse for the game and viewers. At least as it stands now, it's been mixed up a bit by his paranoia.

Teek fucked around with this message at 15:50 on May 8, 2014

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Tasha would be a great returnee (and Kass as well for her penchant for dumb big moves), but really I can't see Tony being nearly as good in a second season. His entire strategy relies on massive lies backed up by a group of people going back to him over and over after being tricked, and I can't see that working a second time when everyone already knows what he does.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Team Tony here. Although I wouldn't mind Spencer winning. I don't think Woo deserves to win at all, but he is a genuinely good and funny person and would love to see him return if there is ever another returnee season.

Wren610
Oct 25, 2010
Bgrifter your right if Spencer wins the next immunity its great for Tony as it gives everyone a target other than Tony at final four. Its really the only scenario that sends Woo home and spares Tony from having to win final four.

Really I think the lesson of this season will be keep people like Russel or Tony around till final four let them get the blood on their hands than drop em like a bad habit.

Spencer has no trouble winning if he's in front of a jury,Tony's repeated big moves and lack of malice should save him from a bitter jury, Woo,Trish,Kass have no real positive strategic moves so with that three its a charisma contest.

Screw the Tyler Perry idol it added nothing to the season.

Bjay9
May 3, 2011

Kid, touch is for video games and gynecologists
I think the best part of Tony's game is that he doesn't seem to take anything too personally and tries to convince other people to take the game the same way as well. I enjoy watching him over someone like Russell because he just seems a little more pleasant.

E: I should mention, yes I know he was pissed after the tribal where he got 4 votes but I think that was more him realizing how big of a target he was as opposed to just being like "You wanted me out over MORGAN".

Bjay9 fucked around with this message at 17:06 on May 8, 2014

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Rarity posted:

Nah, Coach completely lost his own game, I'm trying to think of the last time a player has self-destructed so thoroughly in the leadup to the end of the game when they should've easily won

Oh, right, Amanda.

Milovan Drecun
Apr 17, 2007
I masturbate in traffic.

BGrifter posted:

I don't think Tony intends to drag Kass to the end as a goat mostly because I don't think he feels like he needs a goat. I'm pretty sure Tony thinks he beats anyone in the final three. To him the only thing that matters is getting to the end.

I think in this episode he made it clear on a number of occasions he intends to bring her to the end. He explicitly says it in a confessional. She may irritate him enough or do something to change that, but he's very aware of how poorly she is perceived and that the blood on his hands isn't going to beat many people. I think he'll turn on one of Trish or Woo when it comes down to it (probably Woo, because he's likable). Kass on the jury won't vote for him, so it's basically a push sending one of them. Woo may even respect it, given he has had ample opportunity to put Tony out of the game and considered it at times, so Woo is the likeliest target. I wonder if Trish could get votes from LJ and Jeffra though...

All that assumes Spencer doesn't win immunity twice because Tony would be making a grievous error letting him survive another TC, even if it means taking out the ally he wants gone(which why would he? besides it totally being a Tony move).

And I think Kass very much intends to bring Tony at this point, but she's so fickle who the gently caress knows in an episode or two.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Occupation posted:

Nah, Coach completely lost his own game, I'm trying to think of the last time a player has self-destructed so thoroughly in the leadup to the end of the game when they should've easily won

It wouldn't have been an easy win (he probably still would have lost) but Russell torpedoing his alliance in HvV reduced his chances from "maybe" to "no chance in hell."

I think Woo winning would be terrible, as much as I like him. Fabio winning was awesome because nobody else left was likable or all that good at the game, but aside from Kass I think everyone else remaining is deserving.

Speaking of Kass, I'm not sure I've seen a more delusional and full of themself player on this game. I've seen higher on each scale separately, sure, but no combo like she has. I wonder if she just assumes she'll be able to win over the jury becuse she's a lawyer.

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 18:51 on May 8, 2014

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

IcePhoenix posted:

It wouldn't have been an easy win (he probably still would have lost) but Russell torpedoing his alliance in HvV reduced his chances from "maybe" to "no chance in hell."

hahaha. I still think if the final 3 is Russell/Parv/Danielle and he doesn't blow up his alliance, Parvati sweeps the jury. Russell spent the entire game self-destructing, nothing to do with just his crimes against his alliance.

like if he hadn't lost the game already, he sure did when he just sat there and mocked Rupert in camp in front of everybody.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Everyone hates Rupert though

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

Occupation posted:

Maybe so, but I think that the absence of gross, bearded fat guys has really hurt Survivor. You gotta have people around that makes the pretty people look prettier.

plumpy hole lever
Aug 8, 2003

♥ Anime is real ♥
Perfect season:
Interesting location (China, Gabon, Amazon, Tocantins etc)
Good winner who's either a puppet master or underdog
No dead weight past the final six or seven
no annoying middle aged women after the merge - ie Lil, Dennis, Trish, a bunch of others I've forgotten
Big comeuppance for an arrogant majority alliance at some point
Idol shenanigans
One crazy person (coach, Philip, Shane)
A few big blindsides
No pagoning
No medevacs
Endurance-based final challenge

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Poque posted:

he just sat there and mocked Rupert in camp in front of everybody.

That was Russell's finest moment, gently caress Rupert. I'd rather they bring back Colton, Na'onka and Abi-Maria ten times each than even one more Rupert appearance.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
MANOLO JUST GAVE UP TRIBAL IMMUNITY WHAT THE BUTTFUCK :stare:

e: Everyone in this tribe except Bill is totally loving nuts

BGrifter posted:

I'd rather they bring back Colton

I might hate Colton more than anyone in Survivor history.

Rarity fucked around with this message at 20:11 on May 8, 2014

paperchaseguy
Feb 21, 2002

THEY'RE GONNA SAY NO

Rarity posted:

MANOLO JUST GAVE UP TRIBAL IMMUNITY WHAT THE BUTTFUCK :stare:

e: Everyone in this tribe except Bill is totally loving nuts

I might hate Colton more than anyone in Survivor history.

haha you think Bill is sane

The worst move in Survivor history. Let the other tribe keep one AND voted out one of their own! Basically all the men lost Survivor that day.

Faxman
Feb 27, 2009

Occupation posted:

I liked Rupert when he stole everyone's shoes to trade them for pineapples or something.

After that, meh.

Joose Caboose
Apr 17, 2013

Faxman posted:

I liked Rupert when he stole everyone's shoes to trade them for pineapples or something.

After that, meh.

Exactly. That was his first day on Survivor and was great but then he went downhill. He peaked on his first of 104(!) days on Survivor.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Bjay9 posted:

This is a completely separate post from what this season is about but I'm very interested in the results of this question.

If you were to call a season the "perfect" season, what would your qualifications be?

Samoa with Russell winning :getin:

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Meinberg posted:

Also, Chaos Kass is great, gently caress the haters.

She is one of the most entertaining people they've ever cast. And, while you can't defend some of the moves she's made this season, she's a far cry from the "Worst Survivor player ever" like a lot of people have been throwing around this season.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?
I consistently forget that Trish exists. Not in a what was her name? sort of way, just 100% not there.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Joose Caboose posted:

Exactly. That was his first day on Survivor and was great but then he went downhill. He peaked on his first of 104(!) days on Survivor.

Probably 104 days and counting...

Zarrr
Oct 1, 2001

Aerox posted:

She is one of the most entertaining people they've ever cast. And, while you can't defend some of the moves she's made this season, she's a far cry from the "Worst Survivor player ever" like a lot of people have been throwing around this season.
Its the combination of terrible play, ego, and smugness that makes her so incredibly awful.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

I caught up to this season and I think the only person who has 0 chance of winning at this point is Trish.

If Spencer wins immunity next week, I am almost positive that Woo will go home, he likable enough that he is a huge wildcard in FTC, and Spencer is the only person I can see that can truly take him along as a goat.

Trish is awful, she hasn't played any meaningful strategy, and is kind of annoying sometimes, she loses against literally everyone, including Kass, who has played an unorthodox, but not inherently awful game. (Bad moves can secretly be good moves, but it seems unlikely.)

The final 4 tribal council will eliminate either Tony or Spencer if either of them are there without immunity. If Spencer loses the next immunity challenge, this means that Woo goes home here. If Spencer wins the next immunity, either Tony, or Spencer goes home. (Trish and Kass would likely send Spencer home over Tony, which is the correct decision.)

I am 90% sure, the FTC will be Trish(goat), Kass(semi-goat), and one of Tony/Woo/Spencer.

Out of these 3 options, Woo and Spencer both win if they make it, and Tony either wins in a landslide, or loses a revenge vote by almost nothing to Kass. (This would be hilarious.)

So in all, if Spencer loses next week, Woo has a really good chance of winning. If Spencer wins next week, he has a really good chance of winning. Tony goes to FTC unless Spencer and he both lose their respective must win immunity challenges. Trish can't win period, because she didn't even play the game, and Kass can only win if people just want to spite Tony.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

In no universe does Kass win against anyone, including Trish. Trish actually had a massive game changing move in turning Kass against her original alliance. If it came down to a final 2 with Trish and Kass, Trish would win. There's just too many people on the jury who recognise how incredibly stupid Kass' plays have been.

• Locked thread