Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
This Dave Thomas segment has pretty much killed me for all time for ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

HH could lose Earwolf $15,000 every month but it's worth it knowing that Dave Thomas is a fan. And I say this as an owner of 400,000 shares of RWLF.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Thelonius Van Funk posted:

This Dave Thomas segment has pretty much killed me for all time for ever

Probably the best episode yet. Whole butt off etc.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
What's everyone in this thread going to spend their $100 Amazon giftcards on? I figure we're all going to win one, since nobody listens to Hollywood Handbook.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Poopy Palpy posted:

What's everyone in this thread going to spend their $100 Amazon giftcards on? I figure we're all going to win one, since nobody listens to Hollywood Handbook.

I did the survey with this exact same idea

There's at least like a 30% chance that I will win it.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Yeah, this episode was pretty amazing.

drainpipe
May 17, 2004

AAHHHHHHH!!!!
New one-off RSS episode! http://www.vulture.com/2014/03/best-reality-show-real-world-vs-project-runway.html

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Good job by whatever intern at Vulture tweeted at Sean, or whatever happened to make this happen. They haven't lost a step.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

This is a great day for America.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

It's been so long since I listened to TRSS that I forget what it even sounded like. When did they start doing the bit about being Hollywood bigshots that would eventually lead to HH? Like halfway through its run? Or was it there from the beginning?

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

It's been so long since I listened to TRSS that I forget what it even sounded like. When did they start doing the bit about being Hollywood bigshots that would eventually lead to HH? Like halfway through its run? Or was it there from the beginning?

I'm about halfway through TRSS right now and they haven't started that yet!

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
so this happened on this episode

the show that discusses everything U2 related such as how many shits you take per day has now actually met Bono and the POTUS. While also discussing the podcast to one of the top adviser to the actual president.

We live in a beautiful age.

e:
yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyes

Zsinjeh fucked around with this message at 14:04 on May 7, 2014

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Praise whoever made this happen. I have something to look forward to listening to when I get home from work.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The latest Nerd Poker is pretty ok for those who might have been worried. Yeah, the first half is a little rocky and they felt unsure but once they got into it it was fun. Blaine is great at NPCs so that helps. Plus it feels more old school D&D which is nice. No Jerry though which is sad. Anyway, I'm looking forward to the next episodes.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

The Ape of Naples posted:

The latest Nerd Poker is pretty ok for those who might have been worried. Yeah, the first half is a little rocky and they felt unsure but once they got into it it was fun. Blaine is great at NPCs so that helps. Plus it feels more old school D&D which is nice. No Jerry though which is sad. Anyway, I'm looking forward to the next episodes.

Good to hear. I generally enjoyed Blaine's goofing around but was worried he'd go over-the-top with it while being DM.

Nerd Poker needs Jerry back. Can't wait for him/others to make appearances.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

I started today's U2 guffawing at Adam Scott saying Atomic Bomb is his fav album because I remember it not being that good.... And now I wanna rush home after work to relisten to it. Ya got me, Scott! I think I heard Vertigo and City of Blinding Lights on too many commercials and it ruined it for me.

I'm way too excited for the Spider-Man on Broadway episode. If you guys don't remember the halcyon days of ridiculing it, the show's actors were getting seriously injured like every other week.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

U2'd it, bro.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
I sorta rediscovered Zooropa and The Wanderer because of the podcast.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I have listened to 11 episodes of U Talkin' U2 To Me and have not felt the need to listen to any of their music

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

U Talkin U2 To Me? is my favorite podcast of the moment (followed closely by WITS) but I still refuse to listen to U2 outside of the show.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
U2 have always been the epitome of bland, boring pop/rock to me so I always find it hilarious when Scott and Scott talk about the U2 songs that 'transcend' rock music or whatever. Also, this is legitimately one of my favourite podcasts.

Hollis Brown
Oct 17, 2004

It's like people only do things because they get paid, and that's just really sad

tnimark posted:

U2 have always been the epitome of bland, boring pop/rock to me so I always find it hilarious when Scott and Scott talk about the U2 songs that 'transcend' rock music or whatever. Also, this is legitimately one of my favourite podcasts.

I'm hoping the change of format will be to a dad-rock podcast. I want the Scotts to say Steely Dan albums in a silly way, maybe REM lyrical analysis, howard kremer guesting on a Springsteen or Tom Petty ep?

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Help Im Alive posted:

I have listened to 11 episodes of U Talkin' U2 To Me and have not felt the need to listen to any of their music

It's good rock n' roll, um, music.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Help Im Alive posted:

The tiny 10 second clips from this podcast are easily the most U2 I have heard in my entire life.

Still noe of my favorite podcasts.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I love that Scott & Scott, after having randomly encountered each other at the White House, decided the best thing to do was to take selfies and chat up presidential advisors about their U2 podcast. This show is seriously the best :allears:

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

I avoided U2 until I started listening to the podcast and now I'm really enjoying a lot of their music. Scott and Adam have such a ridiculous amount of nostalgia for the band that they can't ever seem to admit when the music sucks, though.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
I think Adam has that problem, but Scott if anything seems overly cynical about most things.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Yeah they were way too kind to Pop & the Popmart tour. That poo poo was awful.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Their blind love is worth it to hear 45 year old men cobble together iTunes playlists of 17 year old remixes to create their own ultimate version of Pop.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

GobiasIndustries posted:

I love that Scott & Scott, after having randomly encountered each other at the White House, decided the best thing to do was to take selfies and chat up presidential advisors about their U2 podcast. This show is seriously the best :allears:
I wish the reptilian shadow government would release the security footage from when they were talking selfies in U2 poses in front of the presidential podium and people in the crowded room were all "uhhh what are you guys doing" and they had to explain themselves and the show. That has to be hilariously embarrasing to talk about in the loving White House of all places.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGv4Nh1N9Mo

:lol:

OppositeAstronomer
May 26, 2008

yoink!

ArtVandelay posted:

U2'd it, bro.

(Found on the Earwolf Forums)

PyrE
Feb 2, 2005

Soldier? Check.
Flight? True.
Commie? NO!
Rich? Quite.

This is incredible.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Sean and Hayes know their poo poo. Project Runway Season 2 IS one of the best seasons of reality TV ever.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Oh man, this is golden.

I am hoping this guy whips up some posters for all the new segments introduced this week.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

On Scott's Reddit IamA, someone suggested PFT have a podcast pilot project of his own which Scott said was a good idea, so I'm fervently hoping that happens this year/next year.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Maerlyn posted:

On Scott's Reddit IamA, someone suggested PFT have a podcast pilot project of his own which Scott said was a good idea, so I'm fervently hoping that happens this year/next year.

It would actually be really cool to get different seasons of the Podcast Pilot Project, where you could bring in PFT for one, Adomian, Etc. To do characters for like 8 episodes, so they can fit it in their schedules.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
The problem is PFTs podcast is already that basically.

Hollis Brown
Oct 17, 2004

It's like people only do things because they get paid, and that's just really sad

Drunkboxer posted:

Matt Gourley is a genius though, and likely an integral part to the success of the andy daly series. I think PFT's podcast could using some wrangling and once reined in could be great too.

Hollis Brown fucked around with this message at 20:03 on May 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Drunkboxer posted:

The Pod F. Tompkast is mostly Paul's rambling musings over Eban Schletter's accompaniment. The character bits are a minor distraction. The real problem is that he needs to start doing them again already.