Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
I'd rather have a good quarterback

e: god dang it dogg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

Rap posted:

Actually yeah I want to see a college prospect with a release time of like 7 seconds. like gently caress you, i throw when iwanna

He <is> available.

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

I'd be happy with JFF for the Bucs but the problem is that according to all available evidence Tedford has a very structured and precise offense that doesn't make room for much improvisation which happens to be JFF's greatest asset. We'll see. I'd be just as happy (probably more) if we manage to land Teddy.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
At this point Rotoworld should just save time and say "Every team has been linked to QB Johnny Manziel and trading up for him or for someone else."

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Groucho Marxist posted:

I'd rather have a good quarterback

e: god dang it dogg

Okay well I'm talking about taking Murray in like the 3rd or 4th so maybe a direct comparison to Manziel is dumb in the first place. I'm just saying there are bits of evidence that show why Reid is high on Murray.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I have a solid reports coming to me that the Chiefs are going to go with Xavier Su'a-Filo tonight. Laugh and call me a rumor mongering turd but tonight when it happens you will remember me....

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

Groucho Marxist posted:

Johnny Manziel has a Heisman trophy and Aaron Murray has some stupid career conference passing records only boring 4 year starters get

Name the last QB in the NFL with a Heisman that wasn't poo poo?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

@AdamSchefter: RT @PSchrags: How's this for a Draft Day story? UNC TE Eric Ebron just proposed to his girlfriend atop the Empire State Building!

owns

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
That's a really strange connection to try to make since there's no way winning a Heisman makes you better or worse but i'm gonna go with: JOnny Manzel.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

Winkie01 posted:

Cam Newton? I mean, it was a long time ago but

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Winkie01 posted:

tim tebow

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Winkie01 posted:

Cam, RG3's rookie year, Palmer and that one pass from Tebow. :swoon:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Ehud posted:

@AdamSchefter: RT @PSchrags: How's this for a Draft Day story? UNC TE Eric Ebron just proposed to his girlfriend atop the Empire State Building!

owns
So his career is literally peaking today

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Winkie01 posted:

<-------

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

Pron on VHS posted:

I have a solid reports coming to me that the Chiefs are going to go with Xavier Su'a-Filo tonight. Laugh and call me a rumor mongering turd but tonight when it happens you will remember me....

please no

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

hey why doesn't anyone in TFF like Ebron

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Quest For Glory II posted:

So his career is literally peaking today

eric ebron is gonna be the next vernon davis

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Real Name Grover posted:

Draft JFF, use Romo as tradebait, let JFF sit behind Orton/Weeden for awhile

Somewhere in Arlington, Jerry's on his prepay...

Romo is untradable because of his contract and the cap hit that Dallas would incur. They'd likely cut Orton and one of Weeden or Hanie loose and then go the Favre/Rodgers route for a couple of seasons

Bonus points if poo poo gets awkward around Valley Ranch! :allears:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Ehud posted:

because they're toolbags

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Alouicious posted:

eric ebron is gonna be the next vernon davis
Wasted for years in an anemic offense?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

how can he be wasted if you think he's such a bad prospect HMMMMMMMMMMMM

swizz
Oct 10, 2004

I can recall being broke with some friends in Tennessee and deciding to have a party and being able to afford only two-fifths of a $1.75 bourbon called Two Natural, whose label showed dice coming up 5 and 2. Its taste was memorable. The psychological effect was also notable.

our offense was the only thing good about the team

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

well yeah he's going to have eli throwing to him

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

quote:

Jay Adams ‏@FalconsJAdams 6m

Per @RapSheet, Falcons think Clowney fits in any system, but Ian says trade to No. 4 (CLE) makes more sense to get Mack. #FalconsDraft

If the Browns can fleece picks from the Falcons again I will be a happy man...but they need to spend them correctly (they won't).

In other news, help me pick a jersey to wear to the bar tonight for maximum factory of sadness. I have a brown Quinn, a white Quinn, and a white Reuben Droughns.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Alouicious posted:

if you don't eat waffles one triangle at a time wtf u doin

I eat Belgian waffles

say no to bats
Aug 15, 2001
Rumblee tumblee, climin' a hunny tree
2014 is the year the Browns draft well. It looks like a good draft come Sunday, it looks like a good draft come camp, and at the end of the year a vastly improved Browns team has 7 or more wins for the second time in 12 seasons and they're a team on the rise. gently caress, with 6 pro bowlers, minus one they let escape in FA, even contending for a WC shouldn't be out of the question. Chiefs style baby.

I'll steel myself for the usual parade of puzzling picks, gigantic reaches and future all-time "great" busts and the seventh season in a row of 5 or fewer wins. And 3 starting QBs due to poor play and injury.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ehud posted:

I like him, but I also realize he has zero chance of ending up on the Patriots so I am prepared to hate him on the internet.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Bigass Moth posted:

If the Browns can fleece picks from the Falcons again I will be a happy man...but they need to spend them correctly (they won't).

In other news, help me pick a jersey to wear to the bar tonight for maximum factory of sadness. I have a brown Quinn, a white Quinn, and a white Reuben Droughns.

how is this even a question, Droughns

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Bigass Moth posted:

where the gently caress did your life go wrong that you thought purchasing multiple brady quinn jerseys was a good idea

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

say no to bats posted:

2014 is the year the Browns draft well. It looks like a good draft come Sunday, it looks like a good draft come camp, and at the end of the year a vastly improved Browns team has 7 or more wins for the second time in 12 seasons and they're a team on the rise. gently caress, with 6 pro bowlers, minus one they let escape in FA, even contending for a WC shouldn't be out of the question. Chiefs style baby.

I'll steel myself for the usual parade of puzzling picks, gigantic reaches and future all-time "great" busts and the seventh season in a row of 5 or fewer wins. And 3 starting QBs due to poor play and injury.

After the first round I don't know much about the guys, but I'm hoping for less "safety coming off of a knee injury who didn't play all year" and more "guy with potential" this year.

MourningView posted:

where the gently caress did your life go wrong that you thought purchasing multiple brady quinn jerseys was a good idea

All 3 jerseys were presents from clueless family members.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Bigass Moth posted:

Since it is the draft you have to wear a Quinn jersey. Also:

quote:

Reuben Droughns is a retired American football running back who is currently the assistant coach for the Serbian team Vukovi Beograd, the two-time champions of the Central European Football League.

Thats cool

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Bigass Moth posted:

Don't wear a white jersey to a bar son, dark jerseys are better at hiding beer stains

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

In honor of him hopefully going No. 1, here is a picture of Clowney after he dove into a ballpit at a Play 60 event yesterday.

say no to bats
Aug 15, 2001
Rumblee tumblee, climin' a hunny tree

Bigass Moth posted:

Go with Quinn in brown. A reminder of horrible drafts past. Only fitting.

I remember Droughns mania though. 1200 some yards in 2005. First Cleveland RB to break 1000 yards since Kevin loving Mack and Earnest loving Byner in the loving 1980s. 1985 when they both hit the mark to be exact.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Is @JasonLaCanfora the guy who's tipping picks tonight?

@AdamSchefter posted:

Houston is now locked in on its player and is not expecting a trade, per sources. Texans happy to sit at 1 and take player it wants.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Rasczak posted:

Don't wear a white jersey to a bar son, dark jerseys are better at hiding beer stains anywhere but a home game.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I gurantee I would be the best player in the central european football league right now. I will stiff arm a Liechtensteiner so hard, you don't even know.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Ehud posted:

I remember reading a comment or something once that he doesn't have good hands or that he dropped a lot of balls at a workout or something. I've been holding it against him ever since. Is the stone hands thing even true?

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Ehud posted:

He's a slot receiver who drops a lot of balls.

This may have been a rhetoric question...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

MourningView posted:

I gurantee I would be the best player in the central european football league right now. I will stiff arm a Liechtensteiner so hard, you don't even know.

is that like a scott steiner

• Locked thread