Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

JosephWongKS posted:

I haven't read Naruto ever since the start of the ninja war, however long ago that was. But if Naruto is crossing over with Kill la Kill, I want in again. Could you point me to the chapter where the cross-over began?

It has nothing to do with Kill la Kill. Kamui is a fairly common word in manga and anime that usually refers to a divine being. In this case it's actually the name of Kakashi's mangekyou sharingan technique where he makes things disappear (like that missile in the Pain fight).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Shoren posted:

It has nothing to do with Kill la Kill. Kamui is a fairly common word in manga and anime that usually refers to a divine being. In this case it's actually the name of Kakashi's mangekyou sharingan technique where he makes things disappear (like that missile in the Pain fight).

Ah yes, now I recall. Back in the days when Kakashi was still relevant.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
Wasn't he a Hokage candidate at one point?

Heh, Kages. What a bunch of jobbers.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Mystic Mongol posted:

Wasn't he a Hokage candidate at one point?

Heh, Kages. What a bunch of jobbers.

Kakashi was literally two seconds from becoming the Hokage when Danzo went "NO I WANT IT :mad:" and the nobles gave it to him instead.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Didn't Danzo hypnotize the guy in charge?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Did he? I mean it wouldn't surprise me if he did, I just remember him throwing a hissyfit about how the nobles should give it to him instead and they were like "okay" because Kishi seems fairly dedicated to making us think the nobles are fat out-of-touch idiots but really they don't act anymore illogically than anybody else in this lovely manga.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Spiderdrake posted:

Bleach is spending its last arc doing what it is good at - revealing sword power ups, drawing pretty boys and pretty swords, and kenpachi doing his thing. The sternritter aren't as cool as the Arrancar but most of them are more inventive at least. Naruto is spending its last arc doing what it is expressly bad at, which is Madara and constantly pulling power ups and retcons out of its rear end, his rear end, any rear end it can find.

I just realized what kamui looks like on the last page.

Stay away from my rear end Kishimoto! :tinfoil:

Now that Naruto is the six sage and now that we know that Hinata is a descendant of Kaguya. Wouldn't a relation between them be incestuous?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I hope you're not being serious.

PIGEOTO
Sep 11, 2007

Darth TNT posted:

Now that Naruto is the six sage and now that we know that Hinata is a descendant of Kaguya. Wouldn't a relation between them be incestuous?

I'm laughing at this but not because what you said was witty or anything.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Darth TNT posted:

They share the same ancestor how many generations ago? If Kaguya is the most recent common ancestor, they are as related as any random pair of individuals, ie. not at all.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Torrannor posted:

They share the same ancestor how many generations ago? If Kaguya is the most recent common ancestor, they are as related as any random pair of individuals, ie. not at all.

Like... three? Four? I thought the whole sage of six paths thing was pretty recent.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Mystic Mongol posted:

Like... three? Four? I thought the whole sage of six paths thing was pretty recent.

Not really. The village system is pretty recent, but the Warring Clans era between the Sage and the founding of the village system is implied to have been really long. Kakashi believed that the Sage was just a legend.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

BlitzBlast posted:

I hope you're not being serious.

As serious as Madara warrants.

Caeruleas
Mar 5, 2007
This too shall pass
Did I miss something between the chapters? Why is Sasuke stuck in a permawink, like Madara? Well, Madara is short an eye for now, but did Sasuke do something other than get to Madara really quickly and cut him in half?

Caeruleas fucked around with this message at 19:57 on May 8, 2014

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

JosephWongKS posted:

I haven't read Naruto ever since the start of the ninja war, however long ago that was. But if Naruto is crossing over with Kill la Kill, I want in again. Could you point me to the chapter where the cross-over began?
Tragically, Naruto and Sasuke have not gained transforming bikini armor.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

loving :lol: Madara is now literally Aizen with none of the charisma.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Caeruleas posted:

Did I miss something between the chapters? Why is Sasuke stuck in a permawink, like Madara? Well, Madara is short an eye for now, but did Sasuke do something other than get to Madara really quickly and cut him in half?

He used some eye powers and Uchiha like to close the eye they just used afterwards. Usually it's bleeding though. I think his eye just hurts from using it, though it's quite possible he's doing some sort of constant eye hack right now.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I think it's a "If my eye is open it's using up chakra so let's just keep it shut until I need it" kinda thing. Same as Kakashi always covering his Sharingan with his headgear.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I hope the very next thing Kakashi does is fall over because he's not used to regular depth perception.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Tonfa posted:

loving :lol: Madara is now literally Aizen with none of the charisma.

I don't know, I found the "I killed your girlfriend for fun to make you work for me" plan pretty endearing. It's more motivating than the Moon-Eye plan at least and it's nice to see super villains getting personally involved in hilariously petty poo poo. Next chapter, Madara will reveal that he was in control of Danzou and personally ordered all the Uchihas to die so he could make a nice eye vault and watch the drama unfold.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

BlitzBlast posted:

I hope the very next thing Kakashi does is fall over because he's not used to regular depth perception.

Followed by Naruto magicking the understanding of depth perception into his head a fortnight from now, and also healing up the little scuffle he got on his knee after falling by making it healthier than ever.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
You know, with all the eyehax, it's inevitable that someone will throw an eye to someone else and they will catch it with their eye socket.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
It's all just so Kakashi can have his right eye destroyed by Madara only to have Obito once again give him a sharingan eye from his death bed.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
So FYI, Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution is getting more canon backstory besides the Akatsuki and Shisui stories. Kushina is now going to be playable and we're going to see her interact more with Minato and his team. I don't know exactly why Kishimoto decided to never espouse upon these himself, but if they were in the manga we would probably just have beaten Obito, so I'm not complaining.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Orgia Carnaval posted:

So FYI, Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution is getting more canon backstory besides the Akatsuki and Shisui stories. Kushina is now going to be playable and we're going to see her interact more with Minato and his team. I don't know exactly why Kishimoto decided to never espouse upon these himself, but if they were in the manga we would probably just have beaten Obito, so I'm not complaining.

Wow, I love this. Typical that it takes other "creators" to further develop the more interesting characters.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Well Kishimoto actually works pretty closely with CC2 on those games, so chances are anything new storywise being put in those games is from him or is being approved by him.

McNerd
Aug 28, 2007
I assume Kishimoto deliberately leaves a lot of stuff like that open for other writers; it's the only reason why stuff like Kakashi vs. 7 Swordsmen would have been suggested but not shown. Maybe he got tired of the anime filler being total poo poo and gave them some cues for stuff that would fit into the plot?

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!
I'm sure he does. And like the other guy said, he writes (or outlines) a lot, such as Mecha Naruto.

Hakkeshu
Aug 10, 2005

Blinging in the Wastes!
http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto/676 When will this end?!

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The Infinite Tsukuyomi is gonna be its own storyline, isn't it?

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

How many other people are following the series to completion because they liked the beginning and feel obligated to finish it?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
So, we're looking roughly at another year before this loving fight ends, aren't we? :suicide:

God loving dammit Kishimoto, stop making this an arms race to see who bullshits his way to victory.

Caros
May 14, 2008

I'm so childish I started snickering at the floating text about how Madara was coming. On the plus side now I can go to bed at a reasonable hour.

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009
guys, what if each of the dots in the rinnegan is an eye
guys what if
the moon is an eye

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Spiderdrake posted:

Bleach is spending its last arc doing what it is good at - revealing sword power ups, drawing pretty boys and pretty swords, and kenpachi doing his thing.

This entire story arc would have been over yesterday if Kenpachi was running this fight

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Allarion posted:

Still think we're on a countdown leading to Naruto nuking the moon though.

I've been saying it for years that they were gonna have to nuke the moon.

Also Sakura's continuing irrelevance is almost endearing at this point. :allears:

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice

BigLeafyTree posted:

How many other people are following the series to completion because they liked the beginning and feel obligated to finish it?

Yo.

How'd he do the moon's eye plan after all his giant chakra trees and army of chakra zombie plants got destroyed? Can he just... do the eternal eye now that he has collected enough random eyes to rank up his eye level? What was that giant tree for? Why'd he bother with an army? I feel like he could have snatched the three eyes or so of he was sneaky like a ninja and just stole them one by one without slapping his dick against every Kage and ninja clan in the world. Is Zetsu doing anything? Why did Sakura think she could stand on a level with the immortal teleporting god ninjas with legendary succession techniques? How did Sakura get stabbed so hard her resurrection technique just stopped working? Why am I still reading this?

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Mystic Mongol posted:

Yo.

How'd he do the moon's eye plan after all his giant chakra trees and army of chakra zombie plants got destroyed? Can he just... do the eternal eye now that he has collected enough random eyes to rank up his eye level? What was that giant tree for? Why'd he bother with an army? I feel like he could have snatched the three eyes or so of he was sneaky like a ninja and just stole them one by one without slapping his dick against every Kage and ninja clan in the world. Is Zetsu doing anything? Why did Sakura think she could stand on a level with the immortal teleporting god ninjas with legendary succession techniques? How did Sakura get stabbed so hard her resurrection technique just stopped working? Why am I still reading this?

I don't know why anyone is still reading it, but the giant tree was Kaguya's power or something, and when he absorbed that he got the ability to open the eye on himself. Whereas Obito was just content to let the tree do its thing.

Or that's my reading.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Sasuke-kun... doesn't seem to care...

His stoicism hurt more than a literal blade piercing her heart. Should've sent a poet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Let me summarize this chapter:
Sakura: "I'm relevant!"
Kishimoto: "Lol, nope."

Nothing else happens.

• Locked thread