Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Intruder posted:

Jager sucks

no gently caress you

Intruder posted:

Drink like you normally would don't be so goony that you need to play a game

People here are so goony, they care about what medium the picks get presented to them through. Let them have at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

This year you can play a new game and drink for every Drake song chosen.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Volkerball posted:

People here are so goony, they care about what medium the picks get presented to them through. Let them have at it.

It's not the medium, it's that parts of the audience are getting the reveals at different times, so the impact is diffused and not as "fun". Imagine if you were in a movie theater where half the audience was watching 3 minutes ahead of the other half.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

kiimo posted:

To be fair I think we were all shocked when Poe turned out to be good. The chances of him being Vernon Gholston were far greater.
Yeah.

If I had to guess anything else, I'd say the Chiefs draft a in the box safety and Eric Berry is moved to FS. If they slide back in the draft, I'd bet money on Jimmie Ward being the top pick.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Brannock posted:

It's not the medium, it's that parts of the audience are getting the reveals at different times, so the impact is diffused and not as "fun". Imagine if you were in a movie theater where half the audience was watching 3 minutes ahead of the other half.

Imagine you were watching a movie where it's nothing but names being read aloud for five hours and you cared about finding out what one of the names was 30 seconds in advance

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I see the weather outside has turned to nigh hurricane conditions. It's gonna try to thwart my viewing of the draft on directv. :argh:

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

LiquidFriend posted:

Yeah.

If I had to guess anything else, I'd say the Chiefs draft a in the box safety and Eric Berry is moved to FS. If they slide back in the draft, I'd bet money on Jimmie Ward being the top pick.

It's going to be Xavier Su'a-Filo, I have heard this from reputable people. Trust me.

ManifunkDestiny
Aug 2, 2005
THE ONLY THING BETTER THAN THE SEAHAWKS IS RUSSELL WILSON'S TAINT SWEAT

Seahawks #1 fan since 2014.
So what's a good app to get updates pushed to my notification screen of all the trades/picks of the first round?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Intruder posted:

Drink like you normally would don't be so goony that you need to play a game

The goony part is watching the draft, doing things to make it marginally more interesting isn't.

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

(Previously posted)

@RapSheet: #Jets are doing a lot of groundwork for QBs that may land in the first round or early in the 2nd round. Watch for Carr, watch for Garoppolo

loving kill me.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

ManifunkDestiny posted:

So what's a good app to get updates pushed to my notification screen of all the trades/picks of the first round?

I'd imagine Bleacher Report would do that and then you can just delete it immediately afterwards

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Pron on VHS posted:

It's going to be Xavier Su'a-Filo, I have heard this from reputable people. Trust me.
Xavier Su'a-Filo doesn't really make a whole lot of sense, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Intruder posted:

Imagine you were watching a movie where it's nothing but names being read aloud for five hours and you cared about finding out what one of the names was 30 seconds in advance

It probably just pops up on peoples twitter feeds in a different tab, but I don't really care either way. At the end of the day, it's just 5 hours of names being read aloud. Ya'll should see the Australian rules football draft. You get like 40 seconds to pick or something crazy. Dudes just go down the list and everyone leaves in ten minutes. It's great.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

anime gently caress pillow posted:

The goony part is watching the draft, doing things to make it marginally more interesting isn't.

I hope you're at least watching it with some people then because if you're playing a drinking game with the thread then there's no hope

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

LiquidFriend posted:

Xavier Su'a-Filo doesn't really make a whole lot of sense, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Both guys I have talked to said Reid/Dorsey have Zach Martin at the top of their board but he isn't going to last to KC's pick, and Su'a-Filo is next. I think KC even had the latter in for a visit.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Volkerball posted:

It probably just pops up on peoples twitter feeds in a different tab, but I don't really care either way. At the end of the day, it's just 5 hours of names being read aloud. Ya'll should see the Australian rules football draft. You get like 40 seconds to pick or something crazy. Dudes just go down the list and everyone leaves in ten minutes. It's great.

A breathless Aussie Mel Kiper hysterically screaming commentary in 30 second chunks

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Start drinking heavily once the salute to the military starts and don't stop until 10 minutes after it ends to simulate taking a sip for each time someone complains about it in the GDT.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Volkerball posted:

You're the guy at the bar watching the one football feed that's ten seconds before the rest of the TVs, cheering early.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Volkerball posted:

They should make it so you only have as much time as the team that took before you plus 5 seconds or something like that. Really motivate teams to make the pick in a hurry if they know who they want and gently caress the teams behind them

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Pron on VHS posted:

Both guys I have talked to said Reid/Dorsey have Zach Martin at the top of their board but he isn't going to last to KC's pick, and Su'a-Filo is next. I think KC even had the latter in for a visit.
Martin would make sense as he can play many spots on the Offensive Line, but I didn't see a whole lot that made me think Su'a-Filo could play tackle.

But it is the Chiefs, so logic definitely goes out the window.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Intruder posted:

I hope you're at least watching it with some people then because if you're playing a drinking game with the thread then there's no hope

I suppose this is SA so the question isn't totally ridiculous. Surely you've never heard of someone playing a drinking game alone, though?

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

I think goons overestimate how unique their goony activities are. Lots of people watch the draft.

quote:

@NFLprguy

.@chrislittmann on walk up songs. turned out to be 30 diff songs. it's for in venue so u may not hear @ home. yes, Happy was chosen

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Goetta posted:

A breathless Aussie Mel Kiper hysterically screaming commentary in 30 second chunks

If I remember right, they actually do it in big segments. Like instead of pick pause pick pause, it's a long pause, and then a dude just says comes up and says what picks one through 8 are. Then there's a short pause, then the next like 10 picks and round 1 is done. Repeat.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

anime gently caress pillow posted:

I suppose this is SA so the question isn't totally ridiculous. Surely you've never heard of someone playing a drinking game alone, though?

I've heard of someone playing a drinking game and nearly drinking himself to death on video chat for the entertainment of TFF, yes

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l

Brannock posted:

It's a fifteen hour movie and every 10 minutes the audience screams boo as visciously as possible no matter what's happening.

We also won't really figure out what's happening for another 6 months wether we actually watched or not.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
If I didn't watch the draft I would never have gotten to see the Minnesota Vikings miss on their pick in 2003 and the next few picks being made in 3 minutes. Twitter can't really convey the experience of seeing that for yourself. Who wants to hear about that secondhand?

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Intruder posted:

I've heard of someone playing a drinking game and nearly drinking himself to death on video chat for the entertainment of TFF, yes

Best mock draft ever.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

kiimo posted:

You're the guy at the bar watching the one football feed that's ten seconds before the rest of the TVs, cheering early.

Who cheers on draft day? Not this loving guy. I feel like I woke up to go to my mothers funeral. I started drinking at 6 am.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Volkerball posted:

Who cheers on draft day? Not this loving guy.

Nor these guys:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZwzsCr8rgU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Volkerball posted:

Who cheers on draft day? Not this loving guy. I feel like I woke up to go to my mothers funeral. I started drinking at 6 am.

If you guys draft a tackle to replace the excellent tackle you let walk despite having a ton of cap space then I will legit feel bad for you

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Volkerball posted:

I meant on gameday as a metaphor but I'm just now jealous of everybody drinking. I really should get some work done at some point today. I should have taken the day off, thank god we're slow. Dolphin Tale 2 is not really a pressing issue.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Veldheer is an overrated hack and I can't wait to replace him with a probowl tackle

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Never draft defensive tackles in the first round unless it's an absolutely can't-miss prospect like Suh was.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Goetta posted:

If you guys draft a tackle to replace the excellent tackle you let walk despite having a ton of cap space then I will legit feel bad for you

You left out the most hilarious part of that story :)

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Goetta posted:

Watch us get Mack or Watkins to get me on the up and up, and then take Savage in the second.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Brannock posted:

Never draft defensive tackles in the first round unless it's an absolutely can't-miss prospect like Suh was.

seemed to work pretty well for us

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Brannock posted:

I don't know if Ngata was considered can't miss considering he went at 9 but that one worked out pretty well

Wilfork too

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Brannock posted:

It's still early, but I've been happy with Star.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Blitz7x posted:

Veldheer is an overrated hack and I can't wait to replace him with a probowl tackle

This is what stockholm syndrome looks like everyone. Take heed.

• Locked thread