Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

derriere demons posted:

Also hasn't Cena done more Make-A-Wish wishes then anyone else or something like that?

Yes, over 300, I believe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

derriere demons posted:

Also hasn't Cena done more Make-A-Wish wishes then anyone else or something like that?

i heard you can like him or not but youve GOT to respect him can anyone verify

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I understand that Cena the character stinks, but Cena the person is cool?

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Cena the character drives like this, Cena the person drives like this.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

He's the Reverse Metallica. The eternal argument is whether their work (well, their work before they got awful) offset their being colossal douchebags. In Cena's case, it's whether being a good guy justifies his work being horseshit.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
It's not like there's no happy medium though. They can give him character nuance AND be a superhero to kids at the same time. I don't care if he rapadoos for the win in the end to make the kids happy. But they're shooting themselves in the foot by having both his booking and his promos take nobody else seriously, because the second he's injured long-term or has to step down entirely they've built nobody else to anywhere near that level of icon status or protected booking in years. And until crowd reactions forced them to, they weren't even planning to.

That said, despite the goofy random changes in motivation for the cage match and the campiness of the angle in the last couple weeks, the Bray feud has been a lot of fun and I'm both interested in something Cena's doing for a change and happy with his position on the card. That's the happy medium to me, they just need to maintain it for a while.

fuzzy_logic
May 2, 2009

unfortunately hideous and irreverislbe

Gaz-L posted:

Yes, over 300, I believe.

Over 400. I saw a clip of a dad of one the kids saying "He [the kid] says to me dad, John Cena says never give up so I'm not giving up either!" and nearly bawled and now I can't hate John Cena anymore.

I do wish he'd stop loving hitting people with chairs if he's supposed to be such a babyface though. That's just bad influence.

mclast
Nov 12, 2008

catchphrase over

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I understand that Cena the character stinks, but Cena the person is cool?

I keyfabe hate Cena.

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

john cena is good at wrestling and is a cool person

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

DeathChicken posted:

He's the Reverse Metallica. The eternal argument is whether their work (well, their work before they got awful) offset their being colossal douchebags. In Cena's case, it's whether being a good guy justifies his work being horseshit.

His work isn't horseshit though.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

sk posted:

john cena is good at wrestling and is a cool person

Tokyo Slutty Gal posted:

His work isn't horseshit though.

This and this. Anyone who says Cena is a bad wrestler either doesn't actually watch his matches, or alternately, is an idiot.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

sticklefifer posted:

It's not like there's no happy medium though. They can give him character nuance AND be a superhero to kids at the same time. I don't care if he rapadoos for the win in the end to make the kids happy. But they're shooting themselves in the foot by having both his booking and his promos take nobody else seriously, because the second he's injured long-term or has to step down entirely they've built nobody else to anywhere near that level of icon status or protected booking in years. And until crowd reactions forced them to, they weren't even planning to.

Why do you hate fun dying kids?

BasicFunk
Feb 26, 2011

How's your Funkentelechy?

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Memento posted:

This and this. Anyone who says Cena is a bad wrestler either doesn't actually watch his matches, or alternately, is an idiot.

Yeah, Cena has been pretty good for years at this stage and even before that he wasn't all that bad.

There are far worst workers that WrestleGoons love.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Smackdown gifs:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Green Ranger was Rey Mysterio?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
God Kallisto is going to be awesome on the main roster when he does poo poo like this

:stare:

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

gif of the year

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

mods please probate this fool for talking about hot dogs

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

oatgan posted:

mods please probate this fool for talking about hot dogs

There aint enough room in that dudes mouth to talk bout that hotdog

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

On the other hand, I feel like eating a dog and watching wrestlemen live would be a sublime moment. Gentlemen we have a .gif of a moment of pure happiness here.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Happy Mother's Day PSP, here's Paige's mum making sure no one else can be a mum.

ironcladfolly
May 22, 2007

Devil's Favorite Doggie
I made some GIFs of this week's Legends House. Tony Atlas is a hilarious weirdo.

Gross, Tony. Super gross.

Bonus Reverse GIF of the Fink's restorative powers

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Say Nothing posted:

Green Ranger was Rey Mysterio?

It's pretty amazing the stunts and general physical action feats that can be pulled off when you have multiple takes to get it right. Green Ranger looks crisp as hell here. This makes me want to go watch some Jackie Chan movies.

ironcladfolly
May 22, 2007

Devil's Favorite Doggie

NowonSA posted:

It's pretty amazing the stunts and general physical action feats that can be pulled off when you have multiple takes to get it right. Green Ranger looks crisp as hell here. This makes me want to go watch some Jackie Chan movies.

Wait are you trying to tell me that Power Rangers is "fake"??

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

MiketheGreat posted:

Wait are you trying to tell me that Power Rangers is "fake"??

I choose to believe that the power rangers are all just luchadors having a day off.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

"Maximo tope"

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

epitasis posted:

"Maximo tope"

Now THIS is a version of the pounce I don't think looks stupid and weak.

Violently Car
Dec 2, 2007

You are now entering completely darkness

TheJoker138 posted:

Now THIS is a version of the pounce I don't think looks stupid and weak.

The Pounce is great. :colbert:

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Violently Car posted:

The Pounce is great. :colbert:

The pounce is a spear for retarded people.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

That gif just seems like he flies forever has time to have a moment of pure clarity and then he drops some fool

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Cory Lidle posted:

Happy Mother's Day PSP, here's Paige's mum making sure no one else can be a mum.

Was that just one match, or is it a Saraya signature to kick opponents in the vag?

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

Was that just one match, or is it a Saraya signature to kick opponents in the vag?
Three of those are from one title match, but yeah Saraya loves eye pokes and kicks to the cooter.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Pretty sure one of those getting vagkicked is Paige too.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

Kifisonfire posted:

Pretty sure one of those getting vagkicked is Paige too.
Yeah, the first one getting a punch looks like her old ring gear.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Hi, I have a gif request. About 1:04 to 1:17 in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGbXraf3yXA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Little Mac posted:

Hi, I have a gif request. About 1:04 to 1:17 in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGbXraf3yXA

3MB loving own