Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Zuzie posted:

Actually, I'm guessing that the Game Corner in Mauville probably won't appear so there might be something else in its place... But what?

Voltorb Flip 3D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I know it's happened before but Pokemon games getting remade is 'a thing' now.

That's insane.

That's like if EA made Super FIFA 2004 HD Remix for the Xbone.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Red Suit posted:

On the subject of Ruby and Sapphire, did anyone ever get lucky enough to find Mirage Island? Cause I never did :(

Mirage Island is in your heart.

Graviija
Apr 26, 2008

Implied, Lisa...or implode?
College Slice

Anatharon posted:

That's insane.

That's...that's not at all the same. Not even a little.

Stalgren
Mar 22, 2006

Charizard Go!
I wonder what fun and endearing feature they are going to take out for no reason this time. Maybe pokemon amie.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

It's entirely plausible and pretty likely that we'll see new mega forms, at least of Groudon and Kyogre. Yes, it's also possible that we won't. I don't understand why anyone would use what is and isn't already on the X/Y cart as evidence of anything, though. There's been plenty of cases of both content on the cart going totally unused (or unused outside of Japan) and games featuring new content within the same generation. There's plenty of ways it can be handled. The simplest option is simply to not allow it online or when wifi battling. Sorry, your Groudon can't hold its Groudonite here. Remove it/Swap it/Swap Groudon? Second, they could allow the new forms but not graphically show them in the games they came from. Third, they could patch X/Y to include the new content, which would be unusual for them, but not unheard of given that this is the first gen to have traditional patches (unless you count the Jirachi-piggybacking berry thing). And lastly, while again unlikely, they could simply say "gently caress it," and make the games incompatible with X/Y. It's not like anyone who would care about that in the first place isn't going to buy them anyway.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Stalgren posted:

I wonder what fun and endearing feature they are going to take out for no reason this time. Maybe pokemon amie.

I'd actually be really surprised if Pokemon Amie wasn't removed. It's neat, but it's precisely the kind of gimmick I'd expect to only last one game. Plus, the pun in its name doesn't work as well when you're not in not-France.

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

Time Travel: Not Even Once

okay maybe a few times

Anatharon posted:

That's insane.

:psyduck: Pokemon games have been being remade since the very beginning. The Japanese Pokemon Blue was a minor remake of the original Red/Green, complete with updated battle sprites and bug fixes. Also generation leaps in Pokemon are a quite a bit different than annual sports games releases, as they are literally different games.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I think Super Training and Sky Battles are the things with the most chance of being removed.

Hoping Amie, Inverse battles and horde battles became a main feature.

In fact I wouldn't mind if they heavily reworked Amie, replacing the Poke Cakes with the Poke Blocks, so Amie stuff counted for contest stats.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Funkmaster General posted:

I'd actually be really surprised if Pokemon Amie wasn't removed. It's neat, but it's precisely the kind of gimmick I'd expect to only last one game. Plus, the pun in its name doesn't work as well when you're not in not-France.

I'd love for there to be a different type of pokemon-amie. Same functionality and effects, but different games and visuals.

Don't take away the ability to pet my pokes, Nintendo, please.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Hopefully they'll just rename/skin Amie instead of completely dropping it. Tweaks and improvements to the underlying system are also welcome. Same with Super Training.

Sky Battles can go though. I've never liked my battles to have restrictions on what Pokemon I can use.

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

Ziddar posted:

:psyduck: Pokemon games have been being remade since the very beginning. The Japanese Pokemon Blue was a minor remake of the original Red/Green, complete with updated battle sprites and bug fixes. Also generation leaps in Pokemon are a quite a bit different than annual sports games releases, as they are literally different games.

Hell, FireRed/LeafGreen happened all the way back in Gen 3. The only post-GSC generation without a matched pair of remakes is Gen5. At this point, I'd say that remakes are just as traditional as a third version.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I'd be just fine with Amie and super training not coming back, they're quite dull. Or at least change the way you evolve Eevee into Sylveon.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Manatee Cannon posted:

I'd be just fine with Amie and super training not coming back, they're quite dull.

Why do you hate America cute things?

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Red Suit posted:

On the subject of Ruby and Sapphire, did anyone ever get lucky enough to find Mirage Island? Cause I never did :(

Would Mirage Island even be a thing in these remakes? The only things you would get from it are Wynauts and a Leichi berry... Which is now easily obtainable if they decide to carry over the berry mutation mechanic from X and Y.

Also, I think they only do remakes for games that fit this criteria: Is it an old game that can't be played on the current handheld? Being GBA games, Ruby and Sapphire fit this.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Manatee Cannon posted:

I'd be just fine with Amie and super training not coming back, they're quite dull. Or at least change the way you evolve Eevee into Sylveon.

Pokémon Amie was definitely the worst part of XY and I hope it never comes back, not even in Z or X2Y2. Evolving Eevee into Sylveon was such a pain, just replace it with a trade evo or something like they did for Feebas with the Marvel Scale.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Cernunnos posted:

Hopefully they'll just rename/skin Amie instead of completely dropping it. Tweaks and improvements to the underlying system are also welcome. Same with Super Training.

Sky Battles can go though. I've never liked my battles to have restrictions on what Pokemon I can use.

Sky Battles seem like a very last minute gimmick addition that was probably devised late in development. I would be very surprised to see it again.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

smashpro1 posted:

Hey guys, I'm working towards getting my Shiny Charm in X, and just need non-event Legendaries. So, I need to temporarily trade for these ones: http://pastebin.com/ZzYw21ZT

Friend Code: 2664-2105-2230

I appreciate any help I can get.

Here's a tip. Catch imposter dittos from friend safari and put them up on the GTS with a message saying what they are and people will trade anything for them.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Improbable Lobster posted:

Sky Battles seem like a very last minute gimmick addition that was probably devised late in development. I would be very surprised to see it again.

They should replace them with Dive Battles in OR/AS.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Pokémon Amie is great and seeing as the devs would have to do little to no work to port it over I don't see any reason for it to not make it into ORAS.

Which isn't to say that that has stopped Gamefreak from dropping features in the past. :saddowns:

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
If you don't like feeding your pokemon little treats and giving them pets then I'm gonna do pro-wrestling moves on you IRL.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Lizard Wizard posted:

Why do you hate America cute things?

You pet the things and then you feed them fantasy cupcakes. Then you do it again until you run out of cupcakes and you have to do terrible minigames to get more. Then it repeats. Forever. I don't get the appeal, it's not fun or interesting.

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

I like to tweet and live my life. Thank you.

Crawfish posted:

I think Super Training and Sky Battles are the things with the most chance of being removed.

Hoping Amie, Inverse battles and horde battles became a main feature.

In fact I wouldn't mind if they heavily reworked Amie, replacing the Poke Cakes with the Poke Blocks, so Amie stuff counted for contest stats.

I enjoy super training to some degree. I would also like Amie to stay.

I agree that Sky battles are likely to go, they are too rare and short to be that important.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I'm not sure how people had so much of an issue with getting Sylveon from Amie.

As long as it has a fairy move on it, you only need one heart of Amie Happiness, which is a few minutes work, at most.

If it was full Amie happiness, I could see the complaints, as that poo poo takes forever, but the current requirements are really nothing to moan home about.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Manatee Cannon posted:

You pet the things and then you feed them fantasy cupcakes. Then you do it again until you run out of cupcakes and you have to do terrible minigames to get more. Then it repeats. Forever. I don't get the appeal, it's not fun or interesting.

Maybe they'll make it more involved here. Add some new mini-games and let them grow hearts from those too instead of shoving pastries down your pet's throats over and over.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

JordanKai posted:

Swampert rules actually

He looks like the mentally retarded brother of pro tier pro rear end Quagsire

ed: Also Pokemon Amie ruled because you could pet your poke after they killed a dude for you, and that is some metal loving poo poo.

NieR Occomata fucked around with this message at 02:48 on May 9, 2014

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

less laughter posted:

They should replace them with Dive Battles in OR/AS.

That is the worst thing I've ever heard.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
HOLY gently caress

When was this announced?! I've been waiting for this game for like, 5 years now. Ruby is my most played game ever, with Emerald at a close second. This was the game that defined my childhood. I'm ready for a loving trip down memory lane.

:getin:

E: Also Blazekin is the best starter and I'll fight anyone who says contrary. I'm serious.

Nethilia
Oct 17, 2012

Hullabalooza '96
Easily Depressed
Teenagers Edition

Manatee Cannon posted:

Some of us like to give pointless head rubs to Fire Death Dragons :colbert:

no go on Quiznos
May 16, 2007

Pork Pro
Hey, remakes of R/S, and they're coming out in 6 months.

I'm never going to finish my pokemon backlog, am I? Can they skip a year or two so I can catch up?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Manatee Cannon posted:

So I take it you're not interested in owning a pet?

no go on Quiznos
May 16, 2007

Pork Pro

Manatee Cannon posted:

Pokes get 20% more experience if they have 2+ hearts. And some other beneficial stuff for 3-5 hearts. I'm willing to stuff their faces for easier story battles and faster leveling.

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

Hatching this shiny Aerodactyl is such a bitch. I've only kept the females and released the males (cause it's in a Dream Ball and males are useless if they aren't shiny, at least females can be traded for cool things) and I've already filled two boxes.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Comparatively less squished .webm form

From this week's episode of Pokemon. A Pangoro with Poison Jab is actually what carried me through Valerie's gym on my second run.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

ChaosArgate posted:

So I take it you're not interested in owning a pet?

I've owned several pets of a variety of species and don't see the comparison. Owning a pet is not like Amie. You may be surprised to find that most pets aren't very good at minigames, for starters. :v:

Silver95280 posted:

Pokes get 20% more experience if they have 2+ hearts. And some other beneficial stuff for 3-5 hearts. I'm willing to stuff their faces for easier story battles and faster leveling.

The game is easy enough as it is and you get the ridiculous exp share to boot.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Manatee Cannon posted:

I've owned several pets of a variety of species and don't see the comparison. Owning a pet is not like Amie. You may be surprised to find that most pets aren't very good at minigames, for starters. :v:

I take it you've never seen a dog show. :v:

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Waffleman_ posted:

must be more of a cat person :rolleyes:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

Oh, do they do tile puzzles in those? I'm sorry I was unaware.

I'm not trying to say you're all wrong for liking this thing, I just don't get it.

How Ingratiating!
Sep 7, 2011

Infinite ammo vs. CYBER PUNCH!!
The best part of Amie is holding the Pokepuff above their heads and seeing which Pokemon swipe at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Pokemon are all lines of code anyway

• Locked thread