Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Iseeyouseemeseeyou posted:

HI GUYS

I JUST REGISTERED AN ACCOUNT TO JOIN YOUR CORPORATION

PLEASE ACCEPT I GOOD FIGHTER MANY GUN PROFICIENCIES

COOL THANKS FOR JOINING US

Iron Tusk posted:

Is there a way to shut off background audio in the game?

Ambient volume, maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.
So, is this any good so far? The trailers looked embarassingly "lol monkeycheese guns dick joke boom boom!", but the mechanics seem solid. Is it at least tolerable/ignorable?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

LordHippoman posted:

So, is this any good so far? The trailers looked embarassingly "lol monkeycheese guns dick joke boom boom!", but the mechanics seem solid. Is it at least tolerable/ignorable?

Naw it's all just monkeycheese dick jokes the game is horrible. Don't play. Bad game.

Baiku
Oct 25, 2011

LordHippoman posted:

Its bad stop now.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

LordHippoman posted:

Surprise, games are for kids, this is safe comedy for kids. There is some eye rolling poo poo, but would you rather play the Nth Tolkien clone ever or something a little sillier? If it's any consolation I barely noticed any of it if I didn't go out of my way to read lore and poo poo. Well, that and the announcer guy who says poo poo when you level up or enter a new zone for the first time, but that's pretty spread out.

Baiku
Oct 25, 2011

Game gay so what

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Graceful Flop posted:

If what you're dealing with is what I had to deal with (that prompt to change your username/confirm email/see what games you have registered to your account that immediately spits out an error), I was able to fix it by resetting my password. Even though I had literally just reset my password before being prompted with that screen.

Yeah that worked. Thank you!

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!

LordHippoman posted:

I would say that it's worth the effort of getting a beta key, downloading, installing and playing.

Is it worth $60 plus a subscription? That's up to you.

Starting out, try a ranged class over a melee class, as I found their playstyle/telegraphs to be a bit more interesting.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

LordHippoman posted:

troublestep is the op

that's all you should need to know

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Is there an option somewhere to use a less terrible control scheme or do I seriously have to hold right mouse all the time and claw my hand up to hit 1 while using WASD?

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Pound_Coin posted:

Is there an option somewhere to use a less terrible control scheme or do I seriously have to hold right mouse all the time and claw my hand up to hit 1 while using WASD?

I'm not sure if it's updated for UI 2.0 but during closed beta there was an addon that turned the game into crosshair targeting, I'll try to dig it up and throw it in the OP

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Pound_Coin posted:

http://www.curse.com/ws-addons/wildstar/220093-steer

and rebind your keys to whatever you want

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
Was having fun with the stalker mechanics with an exile and decided to try the dominion and picked an engineer. Holy poo poo he has a loving shotgun, awesome.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Pound_Coin posted:

Fortunately, Carbine isn't loving retarded and has a more open api so you can mod just about anything you don't like about the interface. Unlike so many recent games that shackle you to their terrible UI design and say gently caress-you whenever you try to circumvent it.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Couldn't find it in the OP but I may be blind. Is there going to be a character wipe between open beta and release? Should I play 3 hours to see if it's fun and stop, or play a bunch for a week to get a head start if I decide to buy.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Agent355 posted:

Couldn't find it in the OP but I may be blind. Is there going to be a character wipe between open beta and release? Should I play 3 hours to see if it's fun and stop, or play a bunch for a week to get a head start if I decide to buy.

Of course, there's a wipe. Internal beta people can potentially have multiple level 50 characters and they did not do a wipe before open beta.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Ok, well I've seen the wipe happen before open beta, and once open beta starts there won't be further wipes. Not the case this time then.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

BumikiIsFreaky posted:

Was having fun with the stalker mechanics with an exile and decided to try the dominion and picked an engineer. Holy poo poo he has a loving shotgun, awesome.

I don't know how far you got with a Stalker but definitely try to continue one especially if you enjoy BGs because there are some ridiculous tools that you get as a Stalker that make it very fun to BG with.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

So I played a couple hours of WildStar today and i'm good for now. The game is fun as heck and i'm going to wait for the headstart to begin.

Rylek
Feb 13, 2009

Rage is the only freedom left me.

Don't forget

http://www.curse.com/ws-addons/wildstar/220129-keybindfreedom

So you can bind your mouse buttons to attacks, and now you can play the game like it should have been designed from day one.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

I said come in! posted:

So I played a couple hours of WildStar today and i'm good for now. The game is fun as heck and i'm going to wait for the headstart to begin.

This is about how I felt after playing. It seems like the people who really dislike it are ones that have really good PCs and always expect 60fps, it plays absolutely fine to me.
Although the invisible walls when you're jumping up ledges can be a pain.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Decided to update the client and try it out one more time and it still runs like rear end on my computer. The moment I hit the holo training area it just plummets to 15-20fps and its just unplayable to me. It doesn't even look like a graphically demanding area.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
Alright, I'm on, guilds cost 10 gold to make if anyone can donate to Doublestep on Dom/Nexus

Doesn't seem like I need a full party or anything archaic for guilds.

e:

Doublestep fucked around with this message at 02:43 on May 9, 2014

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Decided to update the client and try it out one more time and it still runs like rear end on my computer. The moment I hit the holo training area it just plummets to 15-20fps and its just unplayable to me. It doesn't even look like a graphically demanding area.

It's bizzare to me that 15/20 is unplayable, I've played games without too much issue at 10 or even 5 (usually PvP ones where it's super duper crowded at this point).
Okay it's not ideal, but 20 seems like you wouldn't really notice a difference.

Standing8
Nov 18, 2002
Wake up bitch, you're my new best friend.
I've found this game to be quite enjoyable. Voting for US DOMINION!

Rylek
Feb 13, 2009

Rage is the only freedom left me.

Taear posted:

It's bizzare to me that 15/20 is unplayable, I've played games without too much issue at 10 or even 5 (usually PvP ones where it's super duper crowded at this point).
Okay it's not ideal, but 20 seems like you wouldn't really notice a difference.

Not to be a dick but if you can't tell the difference between 20FPS and 60FPS then you either see the world in some kind of time dilation or have never experienced consistent 60FPS gaming.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Doublestep posted:

Alright, I'm on, guilds cost 10 gold to make if anyone can donate to Doublestep on Dom/Nexus

Doesn't seem like I need a full party or anything archaic for guilds.

e:

I was gonna send you a tell but it says you're offline now. How much money do you need now?

I hope that's the emblem

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Bad Rats is a fantastic dominion guild name, definitely voting for that.

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013

Taear posted:

It's bizzare to me that 15/20 is unplayable

It's really not, it "artificially" adds up to 34ms delay and is slightly visually choppy, which while inconvenient does not inherently stop the game from being in a playable state.

But, you know, mad because how dare this new game not be as polished as the decade old MMO staple.

If they really do switch to free-to-play, I'm going to be very sad, because I see no reason not to think that they will in a timely manner fix all of the petty issues people are demonizing the game over. I want Carbine to succeed, and I still think they can.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Taear posted:

This is about how I felt after playing. It seems like the people who really dislike it are ones that have really good PCs and always expect 60fps, it plays absolutely fine to me.
Although the invisible walls when you're jumping up ledges can be a pain.

The closed beta was unplayable for me, but now all of a sudden the open beta runs a lot better and I don't mind the performance. It's not 60fps but it runs well at default settings for me, which is like medium settings. I have a lovely graphics card now (GTX460) so the performance and graphic settings are reasonable. The game looks fine to me.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

dreffen posted:

I was gonna send you a tell but it says you're offline now. How much money do you need now?

I hope that's the emblem

I need 10 gold because I was an idiot and bought all my abilities before checking guild costs

I'll be on later tonight

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011
Thanks for the Steer and FreeKeybind addon recommendations. I went from being rather indifferent about the game to probably going to buy it. Now if I could find an addon that greys out skills on the skillbar when they're unusable it would be perfect.

Manifest Dynasty
Feb 29, 2008
I'm on as AReptileDysfunction. I created a circle called Bad Rats if anybody wants to send me a tell. Circles are like purely social communal friend list/chat channels, I believe.

Harettazetta
Jul 22, 2006

"Well, what choice do I have!? Trust is for fools! Fear is the only reliable way!"
I'm glad they added body types. Now I can be thin with big tits, skeletal with big tits, or a little overweight with big tits.

fromoutofnowhere
Mar 19, 2004

Enjoy it while you can.
You're forgetting the butts man, they give you skinny and big butts. It's every mans dream game!

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013

Harettazetta posted:

I'm glad they added body types. Now I can be thin with big tits, skeletal with big tits, or a little overweight with big tits.

Or you can be Chua.

I don't know why you're not Chua.

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster

Harettazetta posted:

Why don't you want to have big tits? Don't you want to beautiful?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Hey now at least two of the body types on the human type models dont have pencil waste anymore! Things are better!

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Harettazetta posted:

This isn't true at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am paul newman
Mar 31, 2010
I feel like my mom complaining about it, but the customization options are all skeevy and bother me more than performance or UI issues. Draken girls look like an ant laying an egg, human girls look like that racist basketball grandpa's girlfriend.

• Locked thread