Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you like what your team did in the draft?
This poll is closed.
Yes! 216 60.34%
No 20 5.59%
lol 65 18.16%
gently caress 38 10.61%
I'm a Skins fan, is something going on right now? 19 5.31%
Total: 358 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Abugadu posted:

Should have known it was Prisco before clicking. I never learn.

Who else writes on the NFL for CBS Sports?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Famous TV Dad posted:

I'm sure Dee Ford will be a cool player and all but what they gently caress are the Chiefs going to do about the offensive line and wide receiver?
Huge depth at WR in this draft, tomorrow there's still Marquise Lee, Martavis Bryant, Jordan Matthews, Donte Moncrief.

Brannigans Law
Oct 3, 2013
Well I'm a little pissed that the Eagles picked someone who very well could have fallen to them in the second, but in chip I trust I guess. Hoping Allen Robinson falls to us.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
This is a smart move by the Browns. They had to get a quarterback. Great move.

Butthead
May 31, 2011
Ha Ha Pick-Dix :gizz:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Famous TV Dad posted:

I'm sure Dee Ford will be a cool player and all but what they gently caress are the Chiefs going to do about the offensive line and wide receiver?

Andy talked about the offensive line like he was fine with it a couple of weeks ago. Which probably means he's crazy but they're (for better or worse) comfortable with what they have at both tackles and you can find guards late.

Really would be nice to have a second this year.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Brannock posted:

Who else writes on the NFL for CBS Sports?

They got like three or four guys, none of whom are good, but Prisco consistently is the worst of the bunch.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Butthead posted:

I hope this quote is used a lot this year.

Ha Ha! I'm using the internet!

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I think Benjamin is the exact kind of WR the Panthers need.

I just wish he was a better player and every time I look at him he just screams "I AM GOING TO GET FAT."

Hopefully Ricky Proehl can turn him into something solid.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
The most depressing part of this draft is knowing that about half of those players will bust hard

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Butthead posted:

And when he scores a touchdown it'll be a "Pick-Six for Clinton-Dix".

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Cleveland was the star of this draft for various reasons

I'm not thrilled about the Lions pick. There were a lot of defensive players that would be more useful, and now I'm wondering why the hell we spent 16$ mil on Pettigrew only to draft a TE.

Mind you I'm not as pissed as the Millen years, but just disappointed.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Brannock posted:

The most depressing part of this draft is knowing that about half of those players will bust hard
You mean like Blake Bortles?

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

Grittybeard posted:

Andy talked about the offensive line like he was fine with it a couple of weeks ago. Which probably means he's crazy but they're (for better or worse) comfortable with what they have at both tackles and you can find guards late.

Really would be nice to have a second this year.

If we had a second I wouldn't feel so bad about not grabbing a WR with our first.

Quest For Glory II posted:

Huge depth at WR in this draft, tomorrow there's still Marquise Lee, Martavis Bryant, Jordan Matthews, Donte Moncrief.

Will any of these guys be there at the bottom of the third round?

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Adams, Latimer, Landry, Abbrederis, Norwood, Robinson...

Niners have five picks tomorrow :hawaaaafap:

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

no 2nd round pick.

It'll still be Alex Smith throwing to old Bowe, AJ Jenkins and Junior Hemingway

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Ted draft Jared Abbrederis in the third or fourth and I forgive any and all personnel moves this season.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I'm pretty happy the Texans did the right thing and took Clowney

I'm also pretty salty that the Vikings cockblocked them from getting Bridgewater too

e: Kinda pulling for Louis Nix at 33 and then look at Mettenberger in the third

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

Toad on a Hat posted:

Cleveland was the star of this draft for various reasons

I'm not thrilled about the Lions pick. There were a lot of defensive players that would be more useful, and now I'm wondering why the hell we spent 16$ mil on Pettigrew only to draft a TE.

Mind you I'm not as pissed as the Millen years, but just disappointed.

I can see the thought process behind the Ebron pick, and he'll definitely provide another good target for Stafford, but ye gods that secondary/LB needed help. They would have been better off getting a CB/S day one and snagging one of Amaro or ASJ day two.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
I don't hate the Cowboys pick. We should have one of, if not the best, OL in the league. I think we would have been better served taking a defensive player and looking for a guard in the second/third. That said there are still some pretty damned good DL prospects left and I would be pretty thrilled if we could get Jernigan/Nix/Ealy/Hageman with our 2nd pick.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

way to name two garbage receivers when talking about the deepest wr class in forever

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

Crazy Ted posted:

it was the Blest of times, it was the Blorst of times

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
So is there a certain method for a draftee picking their jersey number or is it just whatever is available for the position?

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Intruder posted:

I'm pretty happy the Texans did the right thing and took Clowney

I'm also pretty salty that the Vikings cockblocked them from getting Bridgewater too

What, you don't like AJ McCarron, Tom Savage, or Jimmy Garropolo?

fuckin vikings

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

Famous TV Dad posted:

If we had a second I wouldn't feel so bad about not grabbing a WR with our first.

Will any of these guys be there at the bottom of the third round?

There is a butt-ton of decent receivers still in the draft. Some will likely hit the 4th round.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
The Vikings may have had the best past three years draft-wise of any team.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Butthead posted:

It makes me wish that he'd played at the same time as Favre so he could've got an interception off of him. The Favre Dix-Pick jokes would have been endless.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
The Browns this draft:

At this stage, you know what, I don't care if you don't win, but at least be entertaining and it'll do.

I still wanted Clowney and Evans. Man. And if Bridgewater was available next night...

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

computer parts posted:

I regret nothing.

:golfclap:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Korranus posted:

What, you don't like AJ McCarron, Tom Savage, or Jimmy Garropolo?

fuckin vikings

I was really hoping the Texans would throw the Seahawks something to move up a spot to a) ensure they got Bridgewater and b) give them that fifth year option

Oh well

HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer

Crazy Ted posted:

We should probably go ahead and make "Bortl'd" the go to adjective for loving up a draft pick.

Gnarly Bae Jepsen
Jul 12, 2007

Manic Pixie Dick Girl

Haters gonna hate, I love the Steeler's pick. Fuller would have been awesome but I am really really happy they didn't grab Dennard. We'll get good CB value later on.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I wasn't crazy about the Saints giving up a third round draft pick to move up seven spots, but considering that they used it to pick up Brandin Cooks and not some weird off the wall pick, it's all good.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Eric Ebron is basically a giant slot receiver and was probably the best option at that point. The Lions have drafted too many corners recently and had a better defense than offense last year. Their third-down defense was the NFL's best since the 2006 Ravens.

Mind you, they can still stink it up this year, but I doubt that drafting Eric Ebron will end up being the cause.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I still can't get over the name Blake Bortals.

Like it has to be a fake name. It sounds like something from an episode of New Girl where Zooey Deschanel has to invent a fake name while she's playing Portal or something.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I'm interested to see two things tomorrow:

1. What the Seahawks will do now that they've traded down
2. Who will draft Bishop Sankey and Austin Sefarian-Jenkins

Part of me really wanted to hear "With the thirty-second pick, the Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks select..." but hey I can't complain too much

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

quote:

@TomPelissero: Bridgewater came in for another physical because he had a heart issue, Zimmer said.

Real reason Teddy fell?

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Militree posted:

Haters gonna hate, I love the Steeler's pick. Fuller would have been awesome but I am really really happy they didn't grab Dennard. We'll get good CB value later on.

Looking for good CB value later on in the draft is why our CBs suck dick now

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
blake bortles
blake bortles
blake bortles
blake bortles
blake bortles
blake bortles
blake bortles

Fun to type, fun to say

blake bortles
blake bortles
blake bortles
blake bortles
blake bortles
blake bortles
blake bortles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Blake Bortles is going to bust outrageously hard and I don't know how this is even in doubt.

• Locked thread