Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you like what your team did in the draft?
This poll is closed.
Yes! 216 60.34%
No 20 5.59%
lol 65 18.16%
gently caress 38 10.61%
I'm a Skins fan, is something going on right now? 19 5.31%
Total: 358 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Cruel and Unusual posted:

Eric Ebron is basically a giant slot receiver and was probably the best option at that point. The Lions have drafted too many corners recently and had a better defense than offense last year. Their third-down defense was the NFL's best since the 2006 Ravens.

Mind you, they can still stink it up this year, but I doubt that drafting Eric Ebron will end up being the cause.

that was one of the worst picks of the first round

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Like holy poo poo Jaguars you were looking at an upward trajectory for a moment there.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
gently caress yeah Khalil Mack

kinda salty about not getting Teddy but I'll settle for Carr?

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Hoping Bruce Allen and Jay Gruden grab an OT. I haven't been following the draft, but from what I've read fans are saying we're in a good spot to get an impact player. Maybe even trade back a bit?

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Wishlist for tomorrow, hopefully along with stocking up on future picks:

2nd round:

Marquise Lee
Davante Adams
Kony Ealy
Demarcus Lawrence
Xavier Su'a-Filo
Joel Bitonio
Jace Amaro

3rd round:

Jarvis Landry
Cody Latimer
Martavis Bryant
Pierre Desir
Bashaud Breeland
Phillip Gaines
Brandon Thomas
Trai Turner
Devonta Freeman

Let's see what you've got for me, Trent.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Texans please draft Louis Nix and Zach Mettenberger tomorrow, tia

e: also holy poo poo the Bills gave up a first to move up 5 spots :stare:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Blitz7x posted:

gently caress yeah Khalil Mack

kinda salty about not getting Teddy but I'll settle for Carr?

NO GODDAMNIT WAIT A YEAR YOU IMPATIENT BUTTS

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Brannock posted:

Like holy poo poo Jaguars you were looking at an upward trajectory for a moment there.

yo, any wishes for tomorrow's draft?

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Intruder posted:

Texans please draft Louis Nix and Zach Mettenberger tomorrow, tia
No TEXANS PLEASE DRAFT DEREK CARR TIA

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Let's play a game, it's called Bortles or Blaine.

1)

Height: 6'4"
Weight: 234lb
40 YD Dash: 4.62s
Vert Jump: 33.5"
Broad Jump: 120"
3 Cone Drill: 6.84s
20 Yd Shuttle: 4.26s

2)

Height: 6'5"
Weight: 232lb
40 YD Dash: 4.93s
Vert Jump: 32.5"
Broad Jump: 115"
3 Cone Drill: 7.08s
20 Yd Shuttle: 4.21s

3) "Possesses prototype size and outstanding stature in the pocket to brush off the rush and keep plays alive. Good zip and accuracy on short-to-intermediate throws -- can fit the ball into tight windows. Hard worker on and off the field and already prepares like a pro. Works heavily out of the gun -- will have to adapt to snaps under center and deep drops. Deep accuracy is a work-in-progress. Tends to throw off his back foot when pressured, negating his accuracy."

4) "Prototypical size and excellent speed for the position. Well-balanced passer that rarely misses on short-to-intermediate throws. Vocal leader and hard worker. He played in a spread offense and will have to learn to take snaps under center and make progressions in the pocket. Struggles to throw an accurate deep ball. Late feeling pressure at times which neutralizes his very good mobility."

Gnarly Bae Jepsen
Jul 12, 2007

Manic Pixie Dick Girl

Roasted Donut posted:

Looking for good CB value later on in the draft is why our CBs suck dick now

Ike Taylor was great and so was Keenan Lewis before he jumped ship. The latter was due to cap management and him liking his hometown so drat much.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I think its funny that highly projected 7th round/ UDFA are on people's wishlist in the 3rd round.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Y'know what Intruder, I like the Louis Nix idea. Maybe even Mettenberger too...play Fitzpatrick a year and let Mettenberger learn the offense / fully recover from surgery.

Edit: No, wait, I want Aaron Murray in the third. I always loved his game in college.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Militree posted:

Haters gonna hate, I love the Steeler's pick. Fuller would have been awesome but I am really really happy they didn't grab Dennard. We'll get good CB value later on.

I'd hate it less if they still had their original 3rd round pick. I dislike that at least one of DL, CB, WR won't have any picks at it until third day if they don't trade down in the second while getting another 3rd or something.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

Brannock posted:

Blake Bortles is going to bust outrageously hard and I don't know how this is even in doubt.

Don't chortle the Bortle

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Quest For Glory II posted:

1)

2)

3) "Possesses prototype size and outstanding stature in the pocket to brush off the rush and keep plays alive. Good zip and accuracy on short-to-intermediate throws -- can fit the ball into tight windows. Hard worker on and off the field and already prepares like a pro. Works heavily out of the gun -- will have to adapt to snaps under center and deep drops. Deep accuracy is a work-in-progress. Tends to throw off his back foot when pressured, negating his accuracy."

4) "Prototypical size and excellent speed for the position. Well-balanced passer that rarely misses on short-to-intermediate throws. Vocal leader and hard worker. He played in a spread offense and will have to learn to take snaps under center and make progressions in the pocket. Struggles to throw an accurate deep ball. Late feeling pressure at times which neutralizes his very good mobility."

I'm entirely too familiar with Gabbert to have any trouble with this but this is pretty easy for me.

e: and this is me missing the point. But they're completely different and you're all blind :mad:

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 05:51 on May 9, 2014

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Lessail posted:

yo, any wishes for tomorrow's draft?

We already drafted a safety and Mosley is off the board so I honestly idk. Seferian-Jenkins might be okay if the front office genuinely believes Finley won't return? Other than that I'd like a center but none are really right for #53 and I think Ted might trade down. Weston Richburg, Travis Swanson, or Chris Borland for the 2nd maybe. I'm a big Wisconsin homer so don't take my opinion as anything remotely approaching a good idea.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

1)

2)

:holymoley:

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Militree posted:

Ike Taylor was great and so was Keenan Lewis before he jumped ship. The latter was due to cap management and him liking his hometown so drat much.

Let's ignore that they didn't plan at all to keep their best CB and that Ike Taylor completely and utterly fell off a cliff last year (and I say that as probably his biggest probably defender on this board)

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
The Browns, man, what are they going to do tomorrow? Trade a 7th to move up 2 spots in the second, then trade down 5 for a future 1st to draft someone who'd be normally taken in the 6th round? At least its fun. It's all we have left...right?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Interesting.

quote:

The Vikings diagnosed No. 32 pick Teddy Bridgewater with an abnormal heartbeat in his pre-draft physical, but don't believe it will be an issue.

Bridgewater says the Vikings were the only team to diagnose the ailment. The fact that they still drafted him is an obvious sign it's not a serious concern. Vikings GM Rick Spielman also admitted the potential to get a fifth-year team option on Bridgewater was one reason they traded back into the first round to get him as opposed to trying to land him on Day 2.

HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer

Manoueverable posted:

1. What the Seahawks will do now that they've traded down

Seriously, it's gonna be another trade down. I get the feeling they are just playing it safe this year and trying to pick-up depth players.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

But seriously, at least half of the players already drafted are going to either bust, underwhelm, or go ringless forever.

The best part is the only one we know for sure will do any of those things...was drafted #3 overall and has the name Bortles.

Everybody else is open season pretty much. Years from now, there could likely be people who look back and are (in retrospect) amazed Manziel was picked as high as #22.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Kirios posted:

Y'know what Intruder, I like the Louis Nix idea. Maybe even Mettenberger too...play Fitzpatrick a year and let Mettenberger learn the offense / fully recover from surgery.

Edit: No, wait, I want Aaron Murray in the third. I always loved his game in college.

the fact that you even consider Mettenberger means your brain has a disease

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Teddy's gonna get that insurance money.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Abugadu posted:

I can see the thought process behind the Ebron pick, and he'll definitely provide another good target for Stafford, but ye gods that secondary/LB needed help. They would have been better off getting a CB/S day one and snagging one of Amaro or ASJ day two.

I would say our secondary is swiss cheese but swiss cheese has smaller holes.

Seriously this has been a problem for years now. It's nice to put up 45 points a week but means jack poo poo if your opponent puts up 46 because your defense is equivalent to putting up some cardboard cutouts around the field and hoping they'll deflect a pass or two

They better go defense heavy in the later rounds or I swear man

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Well, like I said, I do not like any of the quarterbacks that are left.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Kirios posted:

Well, like I said, I do not like any of the quarterbacks that are left.

WE KNOW

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
Trade back in the second and maybe pick up Allen Robinson/Tuitt and a pair of corners and maybe we can salvage this draft

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

Sweeney Tom posted:

But seriously, at least half of the players already drafted are going to either bust, underwhelm, or go ringless forever.

just like every draft in the history of ever

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

1)

2)

Don't forget that one of the things with Gabbert was that he supposedly had photographic memory which gave him the ability to memorize offenses at incredible speed. This was actually a thing people took seriously.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
I'm ready for all the "abort" jokes next season, if anyone watches a Jaguars game that is.
I'm going to reserve judgment on Jimmie Ward because the 49ers front office knows a lot more than I do. My gut feeling was negative, but he actually seems like he could be a nice pick. Add a wide receiver tomorrow and I'll be content.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Mettenberger has a potentially severe spinal condition.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I am steeling myself for the Carr redemption project tomorrow

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I just hope Teddy Bridgewater busts hard otherwise I'm going to be extremely salty about the whole thing.

Gnarly Bae Jepsen
Jul 12, 2007

Manic Pixie Dick Girl

Roasted Donut posted:

Let's ignore that they didn't plan at all to keep their best CB and that Ike Taylor completely and utterly fell off a cliff last year (and I say that as probably his biggest probably defender on this board)

I agree with all this but you can't tell me they weren't good values. Don't get me wrong I'm a little concerned about CB but less concerned than if we had Dennard. The draft is deep for CBs this year. I honestly would rather them shore up the DL next round and take CB for our comp pick.

I also trust in Wheaton more than anyone really should.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Sweeney Tom posted:

The best part is the only one we know for sure will do any of those things...was drafted #3 overall and has the name Bortles.

Everybody else is open season pretty much. Years from now, there could likely be people who look back and are (in retrospect) amazed Manziel was picked as high as #22.

Manziel is by far the best QB this draft but he has the bad luck of being drafted by CLeveland

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Kirios posted:

I just hope Teddy Bridgewater busts hard otherwise I'm going to be extremely salty about the whole thing.

Teddy seems like a good kid, I hope he does well

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Really hope the Panthers go offense again in the second (either another WR or OT) then pick up a DB in the third.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
Man, talk about your swings of luck - Texans go from being one pick away from getting Clowney and the guy who was the top qb a month ago to having to explain how Savage/McCarron/Mettenberger are legit franchise qbs or that Carr 2.0 isn't his brother. I'd feel bad for them if it wasn't so funny.

• Locked thread