Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Trast posted:

That just makes even less sense as a purchase then. :psyduck:

as a purchase for google? nest guys had some patents and poo poo and an overpriced product that people were and maybe still are buying a good amount of. no lose deal really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Install Windows posted:

as a purchase for google? nest guys had some patents and poo poo and an overpriced product that people were and maybe still are buying a good amount of. no lose deal really.

That is true. We've been getting an increase of customers asking us to install them. Although like I said they don't work with anything but one speeds so we don't actually install many. I think I saw a display of one in Home Depot last time I was there as well.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Kheldragar posted:

When will Google have its own OS?

they do it's called gtfo

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Trast posted:

That just makes even less sense as a purchase then. :psyduck:
like everything google/facebook buy up, its to keep it from the other one. or apple.

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

syscall girl posted:

they do it's called gtfo

Where can I get one?

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

Kheldragar posted:

Where can I get one?

mailto:ralp@somethingawful.com
subject: please train me to the nite crew forum <eom>

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Kheldragar posted:

Where can I get one?

kill yourself

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

Cygni posted:

like everything google/facebook buy up, its to keep it from the other one. or apple.

that and because their businesses are inherently vulnerable and have non-existent moats (compared to other industries). but out of the two google is the most afraid and trying to protect their legacy business. zuck on the other hand realized a while ago that facebook.com wasnt going to be the future of the company and has been making plays ever since.

if twitter tanks enough, zuck will probably try to buy it. twitter isnt gonna go cheap tho, there'll probably be a bidding war between google and facebook. facebook doesnt have as much cash to offer but they can afford to pay a lot more in stock. google would probably have to pay a lot more in cash (as a proportion of cash and stock) for their board to take their bid over a less cash + tons of stock bid from facebook. its gonna be a poo poo show for google either way. they either miss out on a huge property which is the most pop-culturally relevant social network or they get it by blowing a gently caress ton of cash and diluting shareholders (which is worse than if facebook does it)

or twitter's management isnt completely poo poo and they start making money

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Sudo Echo posted:

kill yourself

drat. nobody gently caress with this guy he'll gently caress you up right quick

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Werthog 95 posted:

drat. nobody gently caress with this guy he'll gently caress you up right quick

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I am google.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

it bothers me that people this dumb + full of themselves have money flowing up their rear end

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

tbe original has a better headline: "Google Exec Demos The Internet Of Jerks"

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
i kinda wonder why he didn't use google+ to barge his way in instead of twitter

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Cocoa Crispies posted:

i kinda wonder why he didn't use google+ to barge his way in instead of twitter

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

is this the new msn messenger logo?

pram
Jun 10, 2001

nice jpeg fuckwit

pram
Jun 10, 2001
did r1ch teach us nothing

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

lol

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

pram posted:

nice jpeg fuckwit

:devil:

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

lol

Max Facetime
Apr 18, 2009

what if we made an internet for things and only 50 people attended?

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

depends if i invited myself to talk about internet things and only 50 people attended

vapid cutlery
Apr 17, 2007

php:
<?
"it's george costanza" ?>

that site is the kotaku of engadgets

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

depends if i invited myself to talk about internet things and only 50 people attended

print 50 tickets, make a lot of noise about sending one to a cool person, fill the room with rich baglickers

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
:nws:http://i.imgur.com/BGP4EXh.gif

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

what

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

demolition man coming true every day

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Sudo Echo posted:

demolition man coming true every day

strange days :getin:

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

the silence is broken by the sound of a wooden chair pushed back over the gymnasium floor as a single man rises like timid prairie dog with. his back and eyes are hunched over meekly but his eyes stare steadfast at the podium.

"no, i am google" he says.

"and i am google" echoes another. and as eyes search the room for the second voice another says "i am google".

"well if that's the case then were going to have one very confused valet." said the unimpressed speaker on stage. "good day."

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

lol what a bitch

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

it only took them 2 years to implement this trivial feature

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
i thought that'd be a realtime location of where the devices were but i guess that's too creepy/the :nsa: wants that for themselves

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

this maps very well to the behavior of google employees with which i've had to work in professional settings

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

computer parts posted:

i thought that'd be a realtime location of where the devices were but i guess that's too creepy/the :nsa: wants that for themselves

no that's what find my friends is for

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

i honestly thought that was in google maps since android 1.6 on my HTC G1. thought i just need to zoom in to a certain level or something, or my addresses were formatted wrong.

speaking the google the (something awful) search seems to be broken.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

still can't pick from a list of your contacts

or bookmarked locations

or even give your bookmarked locations a name

on the other hand, lane guidance!

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

THC posted:

it only took them 2 years to implement this trivial feature

wasnt google latitude basically this

it was available in like 2010 and nobody used it ever

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

no, now Google Maps will look in your iOS Contacts for people's home/work addresses, not just your Google Contacts

the Latitude thing got moved into Google+

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

scroogle nmaps posted:

wasnt google latitude basically this

it was available in like 2010 and nobody used it ever

i used it, and a couple of my friends did

• Locked thread