Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Zarrr posted:

Its the combination of terrible play, ego, and smugness that makes her so incredibly awful entertaining.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

I completely disagree, the decision to flip was clearly a move made by Kass, not outside influence. The bad moves Kass has made have advanced her through the game by solidifying herself as a non-threat, when in reality, she has been playing the game just as hard as anyone else save Tony. I am almost positive that she wins over Trish in every scenario, but loses against everyone else unless there is a bitter jury against Tony.

It's really likely that Tony wins that FTC anyway, but counting out Kass as a possible winner despite being "awful" is ignoring the potential for her to have a good FTC. Do I think it will happen? Honestly no, I am pretty sure Tony just landslides that vote, but it's entirely in the realm of possibility.

rafington
Aug 21, 2008
Who is going to vote for Kass over Trish? Definitely not Sarah or Morgan, Jeremiah/Jefra/Tasha seem unlikely, LJ was pretty close to Trish too. You can argue that flipping is a strong strategic move because it makes people want to take you to the final 3, but I don't think the jury is going to see it that way when Kass ruined half of their games.

e: most of the players also won't know this, but Trish's blindside of Cliff was a huge strategic move, IMO easily the biggest game changer so far outside of Kass flipping, and something that greatly improved her game. She has made fewer moves than Tony, but her moves have been just as big and a lot easier to justify.

rafington fucked around with this message at 02:41 on May 9, 2014

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

I guess that's fair.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Trish has also played a pretty big part keeping the alliance together when Tony and Woo went off to vote out LJ without the women knowing about it.

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008
While I don't think Kass has much of a shot at winning, it's not entirely clear how the jury feels about Trish or even Woo. Social games are important but given how many people in this cast are big fans on the show and like big moves and strategy, it's not *completely* outside the realm of possibility that Kass could win over Trish or Woo if the latter two are seen as coattail riders (even if that's not really true in the case of Trish).

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I like Trish, but if she wins, somebody needs to be fired from the editing team.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
On the other hand, I think like 80% of the shots of her in the last episode showed her shivering, holding her hands against her body to warm up or just lying down, fully covered (including her face with her buff). I could buy that she hasn't spoken in three days

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
I'm usually good at stuff like this but can't think of any: have any lawyers ever made it to the end, and how did they do? I think that Kass can win if she has a good FTC.

plumpy hole lever
Aug 8, 2003

♥ Anime is real ♥

Murmur Twin posted:

I'm usually good at stuff like this but can't think of any: have any lawyers ever made it to the end, and how did they do? I think that Kass can win if she has a good FTC.

Pretty sure Yul was a lawyer

And cochrane def was

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Chris Pynes Knob posted:

Pretty sure Yul was a lawyer

And cochrane def was

technically Cochran was a Law student.

He's never actually practiced Law.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Murmur Twin posted:

She can't beat anybody. Even in a final 2 situation, everybody that's left will beat her in the FTC. She'll try to say she's this big mastermind in her final speech and everybody is going to be like what the gently caress is this chick yapping about?

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
Blending in like it ain't no thang
When Kass makes it to the F2 and then beats Tony due to bitter jury syndrome I am going to laugh so hard and hold it dear to my heart for as long as this show gets renewed. Because the degree at which posters here are riding Spencer's knob while completely making GBS threads on her game has reached hilarious levels at this point.

People have been predicting she would be gone since episode 2 on, and yet she remains.

I mean, people were saying after her first big flip that she traded in a guaranteed spot with her old alliance and was going to be voted off first be her new one, and yet...

EDIT: And now come about 5 posts arguing with me, but we'll see what happens soon.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

rafington posted:

Who is going to vote for Kass over Trish? Definitely not Sarah or Morgan, Jeremiah/Jefra/Tasha seem unlikely, LJ was pretty close to Trish too. You can argue that flipping is a strong strategic move because it makes people want to take you to the final 3, but I don't think the jury is going to see it that way when Kass ruined half of their games.

e: most of the players also won't know this, but Trish's blindside of Cliff was a huge strategic move, IMO easily the biggest game changer so far outside of Kass flipping, and something that greatly improved her game. She has made fewer moves than Tony, but her moves have been just as big and a lot easier to justify.

LJ and Jefra would definitely know the importance of Trish's ousting of Cliff, due to directly benefiting and being saved by it at the time. I'm pretty sure Sarah would be aware of it too, seeing as how she was in on a plan to get rid of Cliff back in original Brawn tribe, and also knew of the tensions between Trish, Lindsay and Cliff.

50 pounds of bread posted:

I completely disagree, the decision to flip was clearly a move made by Kass, not outside influence. The bad moves Kass has made have advanced her through the game by solidifying herself as a non-threat, when in reality, she has been playing the game just as hard as anyone else save Tony. I am almost positive that she wins over Trish in every scenario, but loses against everyone else unless there is a bitter jury against Tony.

Trish was definitely instrumental in Kass's flip. There were scenes where she proposed approaching Kass to turn her to her alliance mates, but Tony rejected it 'cuz he thought he stood a better chance of gaining back Sarah's loyalty. Trish approached Kass about it anyway and succeeded while Tony failed.

IcePhoenix posted:

Trish has also played a pretty big part keeping the alliance together when Tony and Woo went off to vote out LJ without the women knowing about it.

Yup, Trish's social game has been pretty underrated by people. She's been great at reading people, negotiating with them, and making them feel secure. I don't think it's a coincidence that Kass hadn't acted like she was a part of an alliance til she was with Trish.

I still don't think Trish will win, but I do think she has it in her to be very convincing to the jury if she makes it to the end. Tony just has way too many achievements under his belt to lose to anything but a bitter jury.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
This is how the winning chances go: If Spencer gets to the finals, he wins. If Spencer doesn't get to the final but Tony does, Tony wins. If neither of them are in it, Trish wins. If it's a final two and it's down to Kass and Woo it's a coin flip because everyone hates Kass but Woo has literally done nothing. That said, it's about a 90% chance to be either Spencer or Tony, they've both gotten great edits. Trish has fallen into the background too much, Kass is getting edited as an idiot, and Woo is getting an edit as someone who blows with the wind

Piell fucked around with this message at 11:03 on May 9, 2014

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Meinberg posted:

This season is definitely my favorite in a while. I tend to be opposed to returnees except in All-Stars, though BvW was pretty good.

ehhh. BvW was dominated by returnees and those returnees were dominated by the guy who played several times already.

I like the idea of having a Blood vs Water season with ALL new players.

Mackay
May 28, 2006

Arrr.

Anonymous Zebra posted:

When Kass makes it to the F2 and then beats Tony due to bitter jury syndrome I am going to laugh so hard and hold it dear to my heart for as long as this show gets renewed. Because the degree at which posters here are riding Spencer's knob while completely making GBS threads on her game has reached hilarious levels at this point.

People have been predicting she would be gone since episode 2 on, and yet she remains.

I mean, people were saying after her first big flip that she traded in a guaranteed spot with her old alliance and was going to be voted off first be her new one, and yet...

EDIT: And now come about 5 posts arguing with me, but we'll see what happens soon.

I would be so happy for this to happen. I love the character. I love that she has been shown to be funny, intelligent and insightful, but also short-sighted, vindictive, and impulsive. It's such a difference from the usual 1-dimensional edits many players receive, and it makes her one of the most interesting people I've seen on Survivor in a long time. Plus her interviews are hilarious.

I'm rooting for her to go all the way - I honestly think the edit has been good about always giving her the opportunity to justify her actions. Even this last episode, when she was clearly wrong about Tony talking poo poo about her, we hear from the other players that Kass "misheard", or that they "don't know" if Tony said it. As much as I still don't know how she could pull it off, I think she has the closest thing to a 'winner edit' this season. Also, I mentioned this in an earlier post, but the fact that Spencer has been shown by the edit to be wrong about every prediction he makes really gives me high hopes regarding that "0% chance of winning" whinge he had.

Speaking of the edit's treatment of Spencer, I really enjoyed every second they gave us of his complete inability to do the puzzle without Kass holding his hand.

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

[let's] fuck that crazy-ass robot
All Tony has to do to win vs kass in a final 2 (assuming people weren't planning on voting for him due to bitterness) is let her talk, mebbe give her his allotted speech time if possible.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
What's with this final 2 talk? Hasn't it been something like ten seasons since they last did this?

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
A good final two would be Kass and Tony as much as I hate them both. If Kass or Tony end up with any other person they're going to lose. The only smart move Spencer has really made outside of challenges is getting Tony paranoid about an all girl alliance so his only hope is to win challenges.

I think the only person I'm going to miss out of all of these people is Tasha.

TheChad posted:

All Tony has to do to win vs kass in a final 2 (assuming people weren't planning on voting for him due to bitterness) is let her talk, mebbe give her his allotted speech time if possible.

I think Tony is a bit more likable than Kass to begin with so he already has an advantage.

Sephiroth_IRA fucked around with this message at 13:56 on May 9, 2014

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

A good final two would be Kass and Tony as much as I hate them both. If Kass or Tony end up with any other person they're going to lose. The only smart move Spencer has really made outside of challenges is getting Tony paranoid about an all girl alliance so his only hope is to win challenges.

I think the only person I'm going to miss out of all of these people is Tasha.

I don't know that Tony has poisoned the jury against him to the point that he'd lose to anyone but Kass. He'd certainly beat Woo or Trish also. But his worst move in the game so far was definitely in turning against his alliance a second time. He somehow managed to explain away the first time with it being a big move of getting a big threat out of the game in LJ. But doing it the second time for someone like Jefra was basically begging for a bitter jury. Before that move, I'd say with certainty that he'd have beaten Spencer in the final also. Now though, not so sure. But yeah, he still definitely beats Kass, Woo, or Trish.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Met posted:

What's with this final 2 talk? Hasn't it been something like ten seasons since they last did this?

We have two episodes and 5 castaways left. The finale always has two TCs before the final one. That makes a final 2.

And yes, the last final 2 was in Tocantins, season 18.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
I'm probably going to pick up an antenna just so I can watch the finale live.

I haven't watched the show since since the season that Russel (went to the final two) was on. Are any of the seasons since then really good?

Man I want Tony to play that hidden immunity idol. I just want to see the look on everyone's face when he shows the idol right before his torch is extinguished.

Sephiroth_IRA fucked around with this message at 14:15 on May 9, 2014

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Pinterest Mom posted:

We have two episodes and 5 castaways left. The finale always has two TCs before the final one. That makes a final 2.

And yes, the last final 2 was in Tocantins, season 18.

Finale is also on a Wednesday... and China and Philipines went into the final with only four people. I think it's a bit premature to assume they're changing it back.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Every single year the thread talks so much about a final two and it never happens. You guys crack me up.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I think one thing that could come back to haunt Tony in a finals situation, maybe even more than his betraying so many people, is his ability to explain the logic behind his actions. He's framed a lot of his moves in a weird way in confessionals, and if he sticks to the backwards logic of "LJ was going to betray me because I convinced him we had to vote out Woo and he was okay with it, so I had to vote him out," I could see that turning off a lot of the jurors.

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
Sartre and Russell are my heroes

blue squares posted:

Every single year the thread talks so much about a final two and it never happens. You guys crack me up.

It's been rumored before the season even started, which is strange because there are no spoilers for this season. But so many contestants in post-game interviews so far have referred to a F2 unprovoked that it kind of raises people's suspicions. Plus the production schedule thing.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

I haven't watched the show since since the season that Russel (went to the final two) was on. Are any of the seasons since then really good?

If you're talking about Russel Hantz, that was a final three. Nobody remembers Mick :smith:

(it's ok he's entirely forgettable)

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

IcePhoenix posted:

If you're talking about Russel Hantz, that was a final three. Nobody remembers Mick :smith:

(it's ok he's entirely forgettable)

but Luara said that they were going to vote him and we should believe her because

Toaster Ding
Apr 30, 2006

Really disappointing to see Tasha go out so unceremoniously.

And Kass is delusional if she thinks she has any chance of winning. She's an overgrown tantrum-throwing 6 year old.

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

The amusing thing about kass is she really actually thinks she is some kind of mastermind.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Mackay posted:

I would be so happy for this to happen. I love the character. I love that she has been shown to be funny, intelligent and insightful, but also short-sighted, vindictive, and impulsive. It's such a difference from the usual 1-dimensional edits many players receive, and it makes her one of the most interesting people I've seen on Survivor in a long time. Plus her interviews are hilarious.

You said it better than I could have! Kass is great and I hope they bring her back (along with Spencer and Tony) down the road.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Toaster Ding posted:

Really disappointing to see Tasha go out so unceremoniously.

And Kass is delusional if she thinks she has any chance of winning. She's an overgrown tantrum-throwing 6 year old.

Tasha was kind enough to confirm this in her exit interview. I can only assume Kass bought a couple accounts here cause the "Kass is totally gonna win guys" posts have no basis in reality. The jury loathes her. Pretty much every one of them have said "man, I don't know what her deal is, maybe she didn't get enough hugs growing up? Had a bad time in high school and still holds a grudge?".

People pick the weirdest Survivors to bandwagon. :psyduck:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I finally got around to making a team of all-stars I'd like to have in a season. I excluded all winners and anybody who's already played more than once, and also anybody who finished worse than 11th because there were just too many names.

Since we've got people who are watching old seasons right now and I explicitly included people who don't win, I put it in spoilers. It includes contestants from seasons 1, 3, 10-12, 14-16, 18, and 24-28.

Women:
Africa: Teresa Cooper
Guatemala: Amy O'Hara
Fiji: Michelle Yi
China: Peih-Gee Law
Micronesia: Natalie Bolton
Tocantins: Erinn Lobdell
Tocantins: Taj Johnson-George
One World: Sabrina Thompson
Philippines: Abi-Maria Gomes
Cagayan: Kass McQuillen
Alternate (in case Kass wins): Kelly Wiglesworth (Borneo)

Men:
Borneo: Greg Buis
Palau: Ian Rosenberger
Panama: Bruce Kanegai
Panama: Shane Powers
China: Frosti Zernow
Micronesia: Jason Siska
Tocantins: Stephen Fishbach
Caramoan: Reynold Toepfer
Blood v Water: Hayden Moss
Cagayan: Tony Vlachos
Alternate (in case Tony wins): Judd Sergeant (Guatemala)

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Poque posted:

I finally got around to making a team of all-stars I'd like to have in a season.

That is one weird list. :stare:

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

The thing that annoys me most about Kass is how she whines about other players being disloyal or blindsides when she's doing the exact same things.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

Poque posted:

Borneo: Greg Buis

He'll never be back, because the crew and producers hated him. On the other hand, having him back would be the best thing. I think he's my favorite Survivor player of all time, with the possible exception of Gabe from Marquesas.

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

That would be a really absurdly awesome All Stars. :)

Why did they hate greg?

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

TheChad posted:

That would be a really absurdly awesome All Stars. :)

Why did they hate greg?

Greg was incredibly irreverent towards the show, the process, and the crew, and refused to take things seriously.

As an example, during the first tribal council, he got everyone to vote for Jeff to get voted out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Meinberg posted:

He'll never be back, because the crew and producers hated him. On the other hand, having him back would be the best thing. I think he's my favorite Survivor player of all time, with the possible exception of Gabe from Marquesas.

Those are two of my faves as well! :j::hf::v:

• Locked thread